Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

“The Crowned Clown” Production Crew Reveals Intriguing Secrets About Filming

“The Crowned Clown” Production Crew Reveals Intriguing Secrets About Filming

Feb 2, 2019
by L. Kim

Some of you may have wanted to know, “How can Yeo Jin Goo appear on the screen as the clown and king at the same time? Where was the locations of the drama?”

Well, the production crew of “The Crowned Clown” decided to share some of the most mysterious questions about filming.

First off, many viewers are curious about how the scenes of clown Ha Seon and King Lee Heon were filmed simultaneously. When Yeo Jin Goo acts as Lee Heon in his royal robes, his stand-in actor takes the place of Ha Seon and only his back is filmed. Then when Yeo Jin Goo has to act as Ha Seon, he and his stand-in actor exchange clothes, and the same process is repeated.

Also, when Ha Seon and Lee Heon need to be captured on one screen, computer graphics are used to superimpose their pictures separately, and Yeo Jin Goo performs using his imagination without any other actors in the scene. The production crew commented, “The scene in which Ha Seon and Lee Heon appear at the same time takes twice as long as the other scenes and takes a lot of effort. It is a very difficult performance for the actor, both physically and in mind control. We are very surprised of and grateful for Yeo Jin Goo’s perfect immersion of his role.”

Yeo-Jin-Goo-11.jpg

The drama is also known for its beautiful and rich views. Prior to the broadcast, Yeo Jin Goo had admired, “Whenever I arrive at the film set, the view is amazing.” After the drama started to air, viewers are amazed at the picturesque nature of the scene and inquiring about the location through the viewer bulletin board.

In the first episode where Ha Seon is heading to Hanyang, the scene was filmed at Hwangmae Mountain in Hapcheon. The wide, splendid view opened up the hearts of viewers and refreshed their bodies. The ending of episode four was filmed at Gasan Rock in Palgongsan Mountain in Chilgok. The part where Lee Gyu (Kim Sang Kyung) told Ha Seon “from now on, you are the true king” was filmed at Palgong Mountain.

Above all, the ending scene of the eighth episode when Lee Gyu poisoned Lee Heon and shocked him was held at Gijipo Beach in Anmyeon Island. The bleak sandy beaches and the lonesome breaking waves have fueled the viewer’s bitter aftershocks, amplifying the feelings of Lee Heun and Lee Gyu.

The production crew stated, “We are working hard to find the right places for the drama. There will be many more scenes with beautiful scenery, so please look forward to it.”

The-Crowned-Clown.jpg

The drawing of the chief eunuch (Jang Gwang) that was gifted by Lee Heon before he left in episode four became a hot topic. It had actually been drawn by Yeo Jin Goo himself. The production crew revealed, “On this day, a ‘chief eunuch drawing contest’ was held at the site. Among them, Yeo Jin Goo’s drawing was chosen as the top prize and appeared on the air.”

Spoiler

Yeo-Jin-Goo-2.jpg

Episode nine will air on February 4 at 9:30 p.m. KST. However, on February 5, episodes one through nine will be be aired consecutively starting at 7:30 a.m. KST, and a special episode will broadcast at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Catch up to “The Crowned Clown” below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1300973wpp/the-crowned-clown-production-crew-reveals-intriguing-secrets-about-filming

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

@rittoo : as he already said with HS ' if you want to be King, it means : enter in

the politic field, you forget yourself. When you want takingsomething, you must

lose something ! it's the price....very high price to do politique /

I always hate the politique, it's a.....salade composée....

I don't like Gwanghae, Sado neither.... I  see in korean history,

almost kings of air joseon were not good but these two are the worst !!!

When I see the drama talk about Gwanghae, I didn't want seeing.

Thanks to the music background Serenade that I came here.

But I saw many comments are hidden by someone in spoilers

so why I think it's my last comt in this thread !

Sayonara everyone...Bye

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rittoo said:

It might be, but we don't know. The assumption that he would have been murdered anyway does not absolve minister Lee of his sins of having murdered his king whom he had sworn eternal allegiance to. I get why he did what he did, it might even have been the best option, but it doesn't make what he did good.

Nope, minister Lee still carried out the murder, he will forever be guilty of that even though he wasn't the only responsible party.

OMG I just realized when reading your comment: didn't minister Lee promise to bring LH back to the guard who was already heart broken? I can see the break up of allegiances already... How is he ever supposed to get over this?

@Jillia

@rittoo

I'm unsure about that because Moo Young was crying when Lee Kyu told him he will bring the king but I'm sure when he doesn't he will know. I hope we get a resolution of that scene in the next episode. :)

• Like 7

On 1/31/2019 at 4:03 PM, lu09 said:

True. This is why I'm scared to watch the rest of the drama. I may binge watch the remaining episodes one time so I don't have to torture myself every week lol. Now the question is, can I?:rolleyes:

I can't imagine what she will feel like if she knows the truth. That's why I wanted her to find out the truth first and make her decision but now, it's too late:bawling:. She will feel betrayed, humiliated, anger and then guilt. Even if she finds out LH wanted her dead, that won't change a thing. Arghh why writer? WHY?:confounded:

As for HS, I think he will keep his distance from her when he finds out the real king is dead and that's the price he had to pay to sit in the throne. He won't be able to look her in the eyes:tears:. How I wish this episode was the finale.......

I agree with your comment and what @nidcha202

said. I feel sorry for the queen. While the two of them are really cute together she is still under the impression that it's her husband who has become a good person again as he was in the past and I think that made her very happy. Can she be deceived forever? I don't think so. And will she just brush it off that another person came near her pretending to be her husband and her real husband has been murdered? I shudder to think of her shock and sadness when she finds out. She won't be able to forgive them or herself unless there is a miracle. I also don't know how HS will deal with it, he will have problems with the fact that minister Lee murdered the real king anyway, and he will have no means to justify himself in front of the Queen, he will feel like it's his own fault because he's such a good person. I think he'll still try to get through to her but it's hers to forgive and asking for forgiveness does not always mean being forgiven. Oh my...

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

Finally have time to catch up till the latest episode! My gosh this drama series is making me crazy! It can’t utter words that can describe how interesting and intense this drama is! First of all I know that we all hate the real king not because of him but what becomes of him, but in my opinion no one has the right to die just because he become evil, everyone deserves second chance, but of course other will not agree because he was a murdeder as well and he almost kill our queen! In my alternate universe, I think of him in a far away place having peace and healing his wounds and preparering a great comeback that we will get confuse whom to choose, but sadly he is not there anymore. Huhuhu.... let us just move on and see what will happen how will the villains (now that they will form alliance) will try to take the kingdom to our HS, but they will never know that our fake king.... now the new king is also a great performer because of his background will play tricks on their minds and is ready as well to protect what is given for him that we can see how much effort he already poured just to make a good nation, and his motivation is there, his queen, family and the people. I’m really curious what will transpire when the queen will know that truth, I know she will feel betrayed but she knows that she fell in love not with her really husband but with a common man that has high integrity and big heart. I feel like he is the only king that will be loyal to his queen, he is deeply in love her already( I really wanted him to get rid of all the concubines) I don’t know why I don’t want him to have ladies around him! I feel jelous for the queen! Hehehe! Bless our eunuch he will be like the real family of HS in the place. 

One thing as well that bothers me is his family especially DH claiming that he was prison my the monk although it partly correct because he is really in house arrest because of his living condition in the place. I’m leaving looking forward for more episode! Go! Go! Go! 

• Like 9

@rittoo @lu09

Personally I think they need to finally resolve the whole issue with So Woon and Ha Seon because she must feel like she is stuck in twilight zone with the King changing personalities within hours. Let's hope the writer does have a good idea for this plot. :D

• Like 10

For those who are in interested

Clown05-00012.jpg

Palgongsan (팔공산 八公山) is in Daegu, Gyeongsangbuk-do Province.

Looking at the location & rock formation, I believe that it is in Palgongsan Provincial Park - Gasanbawi Section (팔공산도립공원-가산바위)

Directions: From Seoul, take train to Daegu Station then subway Daegu Line 3 to Seodaegu Express Bus Terminal then walk  230m ahead towards Manpyeng Negeori (만평네거리). Then walk 60m towards Gasan (가산), & cross the road. Take Bus Chilgok 3 (칠곡3) to Bangteokgol.

From Bangteokgol bus stop, walk ahead 500m towards Palgongsan Information Center (팔공산탐방지원센터). Hike up Palgongsan Mountain to arrive at Gasansanseong Fortress (가산산성) & Gasanbawi Rock (가산바위). 

Clown01-00181.jpg

Meanwhile the flame or Silver grass location said to be in Hwangmaesan (황매산) in Hapcheon is in Gyeongsangnam-do province

In spring it is famous for their Azalea blossom around May

Directions: From Seoul’s Nambu Bus Terminal (서울남부터미널), take a bus to Hapcheon Bus Terminal (합천). (5 buses a day, journey time 4.5 hours) then Hapcheon Terminal take a bus bound for Deokman (덕만, 7 buses a day, journey 40 mins). Get off at Deokman bus station.

50954284_400329607205237_230951000075141

Gijipo Beach(기지포해수욕장) Anmyeondo Island (안면도 安眠島) is an island in the Taean County in Chungcheongnam-do province

Directions: From Seoul take train to Hongseong Station (홍성역) then take a bus to Anmyeondo Island from Hongseong Intercity Bus Terminal

• Like 7
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Everyone protecting Ha Seon are my favs, @triplem! Eunuch Cho, Lee Kyu and Moo Young (he is torn but he swore loyality to Ha Seon, also he is so handsome :P).:love:

Yes agreed !! Even the guard MY. By the way I am a  bit confused - are there episodes next week?

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, triplem said:

Yes agreed !! Even the guard MY. By the way I am a  bit confused - are there episodes next week?

We will have an episode on Monday but due to Lunar holidays they will preempt the episode on Tuesday. So only one episode this upcoming week. :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

035135FF-01B0-45CA-8AD6-0FACDADBCC29.jpe

these two are so cute together.. I can’t.. :wub: here they look really like a married couple of Korean royalty greets the nation Happy New Year.. what a beautiful pair!

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I hope that the script writers will add more HS roles about HS's personal history. Even though his true birthday doesn't know what day he was born? Maybe it might be an unexpected event as well. Maybe I confused that HS. Who is he? I think he has some clues about his history.:D

I like to watch. The younger brother is teasing his sister. Haha !!!! they are so cute!!:heart:

He tried to prevent her from going.:blush:

2soixm.gif

He thinks she is a wrestling match.:bawling:

2sojk2-1.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

Me waiting for the next episodes: (i hope some of you laugh :)

Related image

credit to owner. picture is not mine!

I'm just reading everyone's comments :). I'm going sit back drink my tea! :D 

Me:

Related image

gif not mine! credit to owner

• LOL 7

@2handsintertwined

im bored so I’m just gonna add onto your post 

Spoiler

Lee Kyu trying to convince Soompiers that killing ppl is justifiable

tumblr_pkfbmc6RWQ1umj8af_250.giftumblr_pgih0pohHW1wrrylro1_250.gif

Soompiers: we get it dude, but cmon now

tumblr_pg95scTEH51wrrylro2_500.gif

LH listening to Lee Kyu’s advice

tumblr_pkfbmar5iW1umj8af_250.gif

LH finding out that HS spent the day with SW; also SW when LH flips her on the bed

tumblr_pgih4rvimR1wrrylro1_250.gif

This entire thread (+ the knetz) when Dallae freed LH

tumblr_pcvbitaLHw1wrrylro2_250.gif

The writer @ us when we talk about giving LH redemption arc

tumblr_pcpgn8eYXS1wrrylro1_250.gif

And finally me when someone brought up the idea of Dallae and LH together

tumblr_pg95u5vTN91wrrylro1_500.gif

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Up to now, I am still concerned about the safety of his sister and uncle. They may be caught and are an important bargain. His sister has a knife of LH. In her possession, it is the most questionable issue. That was the problem:sweatingbullets: that followed for HS and his sister. It was a weakness for him. He loves his sister so much that he is willing to do everything in order to need power and revenge for his sister. He must choose between the throne and the family, which is not easy for him to be as a king. He had to lose one thing and get something. For his survival as a king or being a common man while the secretary LKY had murdered LH For his survival as well As he said to HS I think it is an inevitable problem as well. If he chooses one thing And lose one thing:tears:

(This is my guess and the situation that may arise):)

image.gif

The latest image feels like an image that reveals the image of the clown of the true face of the HS or what the image of the arrest warrant is? In ep. 9:(

I think secretary LKY is a smart person who can solve the situation well.:D

Dyi-TFt2-U0-AAUj8j.jpg

Dyi-TGOXU0-AQvu40.jpg

• Like 7