Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Me reading all the comments:

Image result for happy gifs

On 1/28/2019 at 11:38 AM, nidcha202 said:

It was the last scene of ep 6. I was thrilled with the fact that they, both the real king Lee Hun, met Ha seon, the fake clown, the king just because he held the queen's hand, the queen of King Lee Hun. He is so jealous that he is angry with his eyes. I think there must be something going on between them. Finally, nothing happened between them. Felt like i was fooled:D

So I said I would come back to this, right? So you think that Real King is jealous of Ha Seon with Queen? Well, I agree with you. I think real king is jealous too. I saw his angry eyes too! I don't think Queen trusted real king. I think she trusts Ha Seon. So she held his hand. I felt there was something between Ha Seon and Queen too :). And I felt fooled too. 

Wow...

7VgWebh.jpg

KHK2FyF.jpg

L7XIveR.jpg

Me right now: :bawling:

Image result for crying oprah gif

"This is so sad" (gif not mine)

edit: bad quality photos! :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

theqoo: Regrettable ratings of The Crowned Clown 

trans: circulate9oo

Development of The Crowned Clown ratings

1회 5.7%

2회 6.6%

3회 8.0%

4회 8.9%

5회 8.1%

Ep 6 overlaps with soccer match

6회 7.6%

7회 8.4%

8회 9.5% (Seoul ratings 10%)

It will once again overlap with the Lunar New Year and they won't cancel broadcast for Feb 4 and 5. [T/N: this post was made prior to the announcement that Feb 5 episode will be cancelled]

I would like if it will keep on rising but it has overlapped with the soccer match and now the Lunar New Year.

After the Lunar New Year, 3 new programs will be airing in the timeslot

[T/N: The rest of the post urges everyone to watch The Crowned Clown. I won't translate it anymore as it's talking about the old schedule for the Lunar New Year, so as to not confuse anyone with the current schedule]

COMMENTS:

1. It's so fun. What a pity.
  2. But Yeo Jin Goo and Lee Se Young's chemistry is so great though.
  3. God Directing. God Acting. God Script.
  4. This is good, everyone please watch itㅠㅠ
  5. Why are you not watching TCC... hurry up and watch it...
  6. It's cable, isn't that high already? Anyway, it's super fun, make sure to watch it theqoo users.
  7. (To #6) It's very good, but if you will consider the quality, the ratings should be at 15%. It will get a huge blow during the Lunar New Year, then 3 new programs will be airing, it will get another blowㅠㅠ
  8. Despite the hardships and adversities, I still believe it will constantly go upㅋㅋ because it's very fun, it's absolutely very fun
  9. Yeo Jin Goo Oppa's acting is so great though ㅠ ㅠ
  10. But with this drama's poisoning scene, I think the ratings will now do great. The weakness that Kim Sang Kyung mentioned is that it's a remake of the movie that achieved 10M views. Of course we know it's very different because we watch it, but other viewers may not care and just think, "that Gwanghae story?" and just give it a pass. Now, the ratings will be amazing.
  11. The timing is such a pity, an awesome project-director-actors combination, it's been a while since we had a drama this perfectㅠㅠ

==

I hope this post will give everyone an insight as to why the ratings got lower last Ep 6 as well as to why they are cancelling Feb 5 episode. The Crowned Clown could've achieved better ratings, but the current schedule isn't really in the show's favor atm. Ep 1 also premiered with a soccer match iirc..

Anyway, the cancellation is making me happy because it means we will have The Crowned Clown until March and we are also getting a special episode! :w00t:

• Like 10

3 hours ago, rittoo said:

That's what I meant, Minister Lee killed both the heir first in line to the throne and the king.

He killed Yul ubder LH's order bc in that time, he didn't know LH will become like that

btw if LH isn't killed by Lee ; he'll be killed by others hands....

there are many assassination threads : so why LH ordered Lee

find someone to remplace him; to " die" for him !

I think it's better LH dies by Lee bc there's HS to replace him

and he'll become a " good" King; he'll work with Lee to make the better world.

If LH's killed by Shin Chi Soo...it'll be the worst for people 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

23 hours ago, Tequila_114 said:

We do not know how this drama will end? Now I can't predict. Because it has events that cannot be expected, dreams occur at any time There is a point to change. And the main character of the whole story. LEE secretary. He has a complex temper, concealing the secret when he kills the king LH. It makes me shock !!!! I think he is a scary person. At this time he was able to put HS in the position of a true king. In the future I do not guarantee that he will be able to protect the HS?

If the opponents in the palace, those who do not look forward to fighting for power Knowing the truth that HS was a fake king and who brought HS up was Lee's secretary and who had killed the LH king. And the person involved in this plan must certainly be punished, especially the HS and LEE secretary. At that time How will they handle that situation?:(

It is my personal opinion, a little small.:blush:

I hope that if the LKY and HS secretary may be caught by left-wing stewards who do not hope to fight for power And the people came out against HS because he was not a descendant of the king The father of the King LH, but because HS has done goodness to the nation To prosper May be expelled from the throne causing exile Get out of the palace With the queen by his side Go to live together happily In one place I remember that the queen wanted to come out to live a simple life outside the palace. And in the section for the LKY secretary, I think he might have to bereave his own life, taking life for the nation. To pay for the sin he had killed the king LH I don't want to see the end of the story. By overthrowing the throne of HS By bloodshed or by killing him, causing death :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Watching the subbed eps halfway and before my emotions change because of what awaits me at the end , I just want to say that the romance here is just too beautiful. SW could immediately sense the change - the coldness and anger in LH's eyes vs the warmth and affections in HS's . Although HS's real identity is unknown to SW , I was in tears when he told her how much he missed her and how worried he was that he would not ever get to see her. And she in turn was so relieved to see the face of the person she's actually in love with. I hope that when SW finds out his real identity , she'd quickly realise that he had no choice but to wear the mask ; but everything else about HS and his feelings for her are true and genuine. I know there are a lot of crazy things going on , but this is my biggest fear - that SW will feel betrayed ....right now I live for all their scenes. There's something so magical about their moments together.

z8WDH1T.png

HS in his short time in the palace has made such a great impact on those who serve him. Lee Kyu was actually calling YH's bluff when the latter tested his loyalty by asking him to kill HS - Lee Kyu slashed his arm when he could have gone straight for his heart. The Guard risked getting punished by YH when he gave him an opportunity to escape and  save himself. How sweet was our dear old Eunuch - so happy and relieved that HS is back , and in his heart sees HS as king. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Watching the subbed eps halfway and before my emotions change because of what awaits me at the end , I just want to say that the romance here is just too beautiful. SW could immediately sense the change - the coldness and anger in LH's eyes vs the warmth and affections in HS's . Although HS's real identity is unknown to SW , I was in tears when he told her how much he missed her and how worried he was that he would not ever get to see her. And she in turn was so relieved to see the face of the person she's actually in love with. I hope that when SW finds out his real identity , she'd quickly realise that he had no choice but to wear the mask ; but everything else about HS and his feelings for her are true and genuine. I know there are a lot of crazy things going on , but this is my biggest fear - that SW will feel betrayed ....right now I live for all their scenes. There's something so magical about their moments together.

Their love is beautiful. But if she knew the truth that he was a fake king And knew that the true LH king had died and she would have great suffering and regret And know that HS is involved She will look like she has been deceived. From close people and people you love Would she forgive him? At that time, their love may not be beautiful anymore.:(

I want to stop the time of love for them. Want to give it time to stop walking Have a good time for both of them:heart:

2shzp6.gif

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love 5

20 minutes ago, nidcha202 said:

Their love is beautiful. But if she knew the truth that he was a fake king And knew that the true LH king had died and she would have great suffering and regret And know that HS is involved She will look like she has been deceived. From close people and people you love Would she forgive him? At that time, their love may not be beautiful anymore.:(

I want to stop the time of love for them. Want to give it time to stop walking Have a good time for both of them:heart:

True. This is why I'm scared to watch the rest of the drama. I may binge watch the remaining episodes one time so I don't have to torture myself every week lol. Now the question is, can I?:rolleyes:

I can't imagine what she will feel like if she knows the truth. That's why I wanted her to find out the truth first and make her decision but now, it's too late:bawling:. She will feel betrayed, humiliated, anger and then guilt. Even if she finds out LH wanted her dead, that won't change a thing. Arghh why writer? WHY?:confounded:

As for HS, I think he will keep his distance from her when he finds out the real king is dead and that's the price he had to pay to sit in the throne. He won't be able to look her in the eyes:tears:. How I wish this episode was the finale.......

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

the commoners in Joseon era can’t even see the Queen’s face in their lifetime... only those who are very very very lucky maybe... the royal family is sacred and worshipped like Gods by their people, the social class is the red thread of every soul.. count on your luck before being birthed and HOPEFULLY to a noble mother.. Yangban class... 

Lee Hun reincarnation was so lucky to be born from a Royal Consort mother.. that is what made him the son of the nation’s ruler.. the King... while Ha Seon’s opposite destiny leads his life to become a street entertainer... nobi class.. the lowest.

in Ha Seon’s case.. he isn’t just plainly meeting the queen and nodding head in respect.. but this woman... this highness the queen that he played as a clown once.. is in front of him.. talking to him... gazing at him.. caress for him.. kiss him.. loving him... the most beautiful woman he has ever seen of course.. to the point that she and her smile.. is the main reason why he survived the night.. he scared to the point of death.. if he can never see her face again. I was a sobbing mess on the floor T_T  too too beautiful chingu..

The-Crowned-Clown-Poster5.jpg

the most beautiful sad face I’ve ever seen after Song Hye kyo of course

and.. I am kinda glad that Lee Hun’s passed in a such peaceful note.

he is now free... his spirit will be cultivated and I wish he can be reincarnate as  better person in a good family.. and for HS and SeoWoon live story.. I leave it to the writer...... 

OMG aren’t we glad there is no such thing as social casta or class anymore? I mean I can end up as a an inlegitimate daughter of a brothel hoe and yeah I’ll probably end up as one... lol

@lu09 chingu yaaa ottoke...... :bawling:

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, nidcha202 said:

You are right...this is what worries me...hence the longer she is "deceived" , the worst it is...urghh..I don't even want to think about it. 

I loved the part when she and the other consorts came to give him his birthday greeting, and I cracked up at his reaction to the golden turtle ...what an insult to that annoying concubine- he'd sell it to raise rice rations :lol:. Then his not so subtle hint of where he would be at 4pm ....I am sure she (SW)  got the message :P.

-------------------------

For the first time I felt sorry for YH. While watching the last bits, I felt his loneliness and his pain. I shed tears for the king that he could have been - one not consumed by fear and revenge. One who had no need to take another's life for his own survival. But like Lee Kyu ,  I wondered if he was already too far gone to be saved. My head is not quite in agreement with my heart as to whether  Lee Kyu's ways of building a better world for the people is right or not. Logically , killing Yul then , and YH now would help Lee Kyu advance his quest. Right to the very end YH was vengeful and power hungry. The people's welfare was not once on his mind. He wanted the new world to conquer other countries or at least to rival their fire power. Lee Kyu knew this ...this in his mind was the best outcome for the people. And in that last meal , it felt to me that Lee Kyu could not bear to see YH suffer further...in some ways this felt like "mercy killing"  - setting YH free from this mental hell he has locked himself him.

50954284_400329607205237_230951000075141

But my reservations about Lee Kyu's choice is down to whether the end justifies the means.  Can a better world be built on deception and lies? Would HS & Lee Kyu be enough to overpower the other factions? It is scary to see that the ED has strong support thrown behind her. Can HS really be the king? What will happen when he is found out? The stakes are high!!!

I had goosebumps watching YJG play HS who was pretending to be LH in the preview. Amazing! Can't wait for next week.

Edited by triplem
  • Like 9
  • Insightful 3

I don't see Ha Seon and Lee Hun as brothers. There are many theories out there that everyone has a twin or at least someone who looks similar somewhere in the world. So I think it's just a coincidence that Ha Seon and Lee Hun crossed each other's paths. And if Lee Kyu wouldn't have been in the gisaeng house and Ha Seon wouldn't have been there, they probably would've never met.

Personally I only just now became convinced of Ha Seon's feelings for So Woon. When he said "there is someone I cherish in the palace" he had me.

But I mostly adore Eunuch Cho who in such a short time just naturally calls Ha Seon "your majesty" and cares and cries for him only a loyal eunuch would.

And Moo Young who felt betrayed first, struggled so much. Because he has been loyal to Lee Hun for so long but he swore his oath to Ha Seon. I knew he wouldn't let him die.

I cried with Lee Kyu, Eunuch Cho and Moo Young who remained loyal to Lee Hun, knowing he is lost and knowing that he can never change the world as Lee Kyu and maybe even Lee Hun wanted at first. Back then loyality meant loyality. To betray that even for the good cause it's still painful for them and makes them human.

I even believed Lee Hun when he said he wants to change the world. He was imprisoned in his insanity which made him the terrible person he is but was also here and there showing the person who was once perfect to be a good king. I'm honestly not sure if I like that they killed him off. It's such a easy way out. On the other hand this drama is halfway through, so they needed to escalate the plot further, so it can enter the last last episodes to resolve the court issues.

Looking forward to the next episodes. :)

• Like 11
  • Love 1

I really liked that HS was hiding in background and overheard the conversation the queen had with LH. If HS ever had any doubts whether it was him or the king she loved, their discussion made it very clear that after the clown took the crown, that’s when she fell in love with her husband.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

So I see a lot of comments. And I say, "I want to reply! I want to reply!" But I think I should give my thoughts on the drama first :).

So here are my thoughts:

(I'm posting reaction gifs because I'm trying to be funny. All my gifs are funny. none of these gifs are mine. If it's not funny please let me know):

So the Lee Hun's father is dying. And I was like, "I'm so sad." Lee Hun's father looks at him and says something. I don't remember, but I'll try. I think he said, "I wish I wasn't giving throne to you." I think he didn't want Lee Hun to be King. So I was thinking, "Is Lee Hun a bad person?"

"Is Lee Hun a bad person? NO!"

And Lee Hun's father said Lee Hun might kill his younger brother. I thought, "Why would Lee Hun do that?" And I thought, "Lee Hun is so handsome." So Lee Hun becomes king, right? I started to observe him. I noticed that he is very serious. I noticed that he is not happy. I noticed that he doesn't trust anyone. He met the Queen. She turned away. And he got sad. So I noticed that the Queen does not like him. I noticed that he wants the Queen to like him. 

Lee Hun's little brother was arrested. He begged Lee Hun. But he was poisoned. So I asked, "Lee Hun's father was right?"

So I see a group of clowns. One of the clowns looks like Lee Hun. I was so confused. I said, "Isn't that Lee Hun?" But his name was Ha Seon. So I'm like, "Lee Hun looks like Ha Seon?"

Me:

Image result for confused gif real housewives

"What????"

So Lee Hun looks like Ha Seon. Lee Hun is the king and Ha Seon is a clown. The king thinks that someone wants to poison him. So the clown is going to pretend to be him. So if the king dies Ha Seon will die. I understood that. The Queen likes Ha Seon. Ha Seon likes the Queen. The Queen Dowager does not like the king. She didn't like him as Lee Hun. She does not know that Ha Seon isn't Lee Hun. So she doesn't like the king. She is trying to poison the king. She is trying to kill the king? Ok. I understand that too. So she fails. She's also trying to poison the Queen. She wants someone else to be the Queen.

The Queen and Ha Seon are falling in love.

Me:

Related image

Ha Seon does a lot of things that Lee Hun didn't do. He did not execute the Queen's father. He sent him into exile. He tried to get the people rice. Lee Hun returns. He does not like the clown.  He thinks the Queen is in love with the Clown. So he is jealous. He tells the Clown that he wants him killed. But he doesn't die. Lee Hun passes out. Ha Seon is King again.

Lee Hun is poisoned. He dies.

Me:

Spoiler

Image result for oprah gif crying

"So sad :( "

Some people think that Lee Hun and Ha Seon are different people. So I'm left with all these questions. Should we feel sorry for Lee Hun? Will someone find out that Ha Seon isn't the real King? Will the Queen give Ha Seon an heir? What's going to happen to the Queen Dowager? What happens next?!

Me: 

Spoiler

Related image

"I'm so confused!!!"

So those are my thoughts. I can't wait for more. What will I watch now? :(. So! I'm going to try to add to the discussions here. I'm not very good at adding to discussions. I'll try! :).

Here we go!

6 hours ago, diane90 said:

Now the real king is dead, HS  will never be found out !

So I was thinking that too! But there are too many people who are suspicious of him. And remember Lee Hun's main Court Lady? Court Lady Kim? Well, she noticed that Lee Hun's ear. Ha Seon's ear doesn't look like Lee Hun's. And too many people are thinking, "Lee Hun would never do that!" So they are suspicious of him. Let's wait! 

Edit:

@philosophie HI!!!! So you said you are glad Ha Seon heard Queen's conversation with Lee Hun. And you think that proved she loves Ha Seon. I like what you said! I was thinking what you were thinking. I noticed that too! Ha Seon is king. She falls in love with the king. So I think you're right! Do you remember when LH was trying to have a "night" with the Queen? Well, she refused the King as LH. I don't think she would have refused the king as Ha Seon! And she didn't smile! LH was the king she didn't smile. Ha Seon is the king and she smiles! I hope I'm making sense!

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

:joy:  me when stayed at the Lotte World tower hotel Seoul..... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

7 hours ago, circulate9oo said:

Everyone! Watch this fanvid!!! It's so good. The editor was able to thread together Yi Heon's moments and now I'm so sad and heartbroken all over again. Heon-ah :tears::tears::tears: 

Oh !!! I watched video clips. This clip, even though each scene has passed through all my eyes But I am still amazed:thumbsup: at YJG's acting abilities. He is the youngest among all the leading actors. But his acting skills are far greater than him. That performance exceeded his age. I think he is suitable to be awarded the Daesang as a great actor. I hope so :kiss_wink:

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote videos & images . Thanks
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

:joy::joy::joy:

I saw some extra scenes in the last 1 minutes that I didn’t see in the drama lmao... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

On 1/31/2019 at 11:50 AM, diane90 said:

btw if LH isn't killed by Lee ; he'll be killed by others hands.... 

It might be, but we don't know. The assumption that he would have been murdered anyway does not absolve minister Lee of his sins of having murdered his king whom he had sworn eternal allegiance to. I get why he did what he did, it might even have been the best option, but it doesn't make what he did good.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:16 AM, SeGafanlady said:

hhmm you need to rewatch again carefully I guess... grand prince Lee Yul was poisoned by the command of Lee Hun.. 

Nope, minister Lee still carried out the murder, he will forever be guilty of that even though he wasn't the only responsible party.

OMG I just realized when reading your comment: didn't minister Lee promise to bring LH back to the guard who was already heart broken? I can see the break up of allegiances already... How is he ever supposed to get over this?

@Jillia

• Like 6

@rittoo

Nope, minister Lee still carried out the murder, he will forever be guilty of that even though he wasn't the only responsible party.

yes that’s true.. as King’s vassal Sec Lee is Hun’s people and he has to perform his command.. so sad that it is to kill the little prince... and Sec Lee had no idea that LH will become worst and worst

all that happened afterwards... with Ha Seon.... made him taking the decision to choose to save the country.. I wonder how they would face the unification of Shin Chi Soo and Prince Jin Pyeong..

here is a new upload so cute.....

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

@SeGafanlady

"I saw some extra scenes in the last 1 minutes that I didn’t see in the drama lmao... "

Those scene were from the teasers

Caption

Ha Seon practice to sound like Yi Heon

Yi Gyu telling Ha Seon there is "no energy" in his speech

Next caption....Does Sageuk have "energy" in their vocabulary?

• Like 3
  • LOL 3