Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

We do not know how this drama will end? Now I can't predict. Because it has events that cannot be expected, dreams occur at any time There is a point to change. And the main character of the whole story. LEE secretary. He has a complex temper, concealing the secret when he kills the king LH. It makes me shock !!!! I think he is a scary person. At this time he was able to put HS in the position of a true king. In the future I do not guarantee that he will be able to protect the HS?

If the opponents in the palace, those who do not look forward to fighting for power Knowing the truth that HS was a fake king and who brought HS up was Lee's secretary and who had killed the LH king. And the person involved in this plan must certainly be punished, especially the HS and LEE secretary. At that time How will they handle that situation?:(

It is my personal opinion, a little small.:blush:

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, SeGafanlady said:

@vladlola06 no chingu... it is Sec Lee tells Ha Seon to start acting a bit like Lee Hun because Court Lady Kim is getting suspicious (remember the wounded ear dissapeared overnight) 

I hope so, thank you @SeGafanlady
Yes I remember Lady Kim's doubts about the ear, however, I hope HS will protect itself from the madness and constant danger that reigns at the palace.

In any case, this drama is now going in a direction I never imagined, whereas to do other than wait and see?:)

Edit : Something else ... In my denial of the definitive disappearance of the king, I wonder if the turtle (already spoken before) and this royal knife in the possession of Dal Rae can be evidence for later?
Also, Dal Rae still again disappeared ... would that be a clue? a hope ?
Sorry, there's no time to mourn ...:sweatingbullets:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

29 minutes ago, vladlola06 said:

I hope so, thank you @SeGafanlady
Yes I remember Lady Kim's doubts about the ear, however, I hope HS will protect itself from the madness and constant danger that reigns at the palace.

In any case, this drama is now going in a direction I never imagined, whereas to do other than wait and see?:)

I thought it’s gonna follow the original Masquerade movie plot but boy they made a daring mega twist by killing Lee Hun. I kudos the writer for this to be honest.. it’s always so refreshing when you basically served a different level of awesomeness. I like the movie a lot but this drama.. I’m down for it.. loving it. obsessed with it. 

so bring it on... 

I need to visit the supermarket soon to stack my caramelized popcorns and diet coke..  because re watching is a must! :)

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

I'm going to be boring, but in my mind a doubt persists ... (the power of denial) -_-

We learn in episode 8 that the mother of LH died giving birth, this little clue makes me think of possible twins that could have been separated at birth ( twins  are not practical for a throne)

The biggest psychological injury of LH would be the lack of filial love too .... (from episode 8)

This story of Dal Rae disappearing with the royal knife too ...

How would a poison act on an addict? could the addict be more resistant? I don't know...

In short .... I must stop think  .... :ph34r:

Sorry.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

30 minutes ago, vladlola06 said:

I'm going to be boring, but in my mind a doubt persists ... (the power of denial) -_-

We learn in episode 8 that the mother of LH died giving birth, this little clue makes me think of possible twins that could have been separated at birth ( twins  are not practical for a throne)

The biggest psychological injury of LH would be the lack of filial love too .... (from episode 8)

This story of Dal Rae disappearing with the royal knife too ...

How would a poison act on an addict? could the addict be more resistant? I don't know...

In short .... I must stop think  .... :ph34r:

Sorry.

no sorry chingu.. I actually like the idea a lot.. yes there is a possibility of course... they look.. sound.. and build up physically like an identical twin.. if this really where the writer is heading to.. than the real culprit of the separation since birth will be the Queen Mother. I also believe she did something to LH mother (she was the previous King’s most beloved concubine) that made her unable to give birth naturally.. that Daebi Mama is a alpha female fox! she masterminded almost every scheme in the palace because she lives there and manage the inner court. She basically posses the highest position in the inner court. We’ve already saw how sly and evil she was.. the casualty of her greed is her own son. indirectly of course. 

anyway my dumb brain is getting numb from the vibrant contexts and complexity of this drama.. I feel like this drama actually make me smarter.. to think more... :sweatingbullets:

if they really are identical twin brothers.. Ha Seon is legit can be a true great ruler.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

13 hours ago, vladlola06 said:

I can't find the preview, so I took video from my screen with my phone, sorry for the bad quality.

here's the official preview :)

i really hope haseon able to fool that court lady, so she won't suspect that he's not the real king.:smirk:

• Like 10

I know the killing of LH shocked a lot of people, but personally I was not surprised at all. I may be in the minority, but in my opinion it was bound to happen. The writers showed LH to be unstable, mentally unsound, unreasonable and toxic to those around him. Even if Sec. Lee didn't kill him, the way he was puffing drugs, LH was bound to die of an overdose or kill himself accidentally eventually. They just got rid of him sooner than people expected....Personally I wondered what took them so long since the writing had been suggesting this to me from the beginning. The last straw was when LH came back and started undoing all the good work they had been doing and enabling all the villains around him and then ordering all those who had been trying to help him to prison or death.  While I do understand his reasoning and pity the trials and struggles he had experienced to be the king, from a logical standpoint he was not fit for his responsibilities anymore. And since abdication is not an option, permanently switching the king would be the answer. 

However, I am not 100% certain that HS was in on the plot to kill LH. I think he though he would be sent away to be healed, not killed. So HS may find out later what Sec, Lee has done. 

As for Sec. Lee, it is sad that he would go so far to kill LH to further his dream to make a better world. This is surely going to be an action that will come back to bite him later on. For now, he and HS are going to be on the same team, but that will not always be the case. I predict that later on Sec. Lee and HS are going to divide eventually based on the different paths they will want to handle the future of the country. By then, HS will have truly donned the mantel of the king and will no longer rely on  Sec. Lee.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 6

2 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

As for Sec. Lee, it is sad that he would go so far to kill LH to further his dream to make a better world. This is surely going to be an action that will come back to bite him later on. For now, he and HS are going to be on the same team, but that will not always be the case. I predict that later on Sec. Lee and HS are going to divide eventually based on the different paths they will want to handle the future of the country. By then, HS will have truly donned the mantel of the king and will no longer rely on  Sec. Lee.

I agree with this. Personally I didn't really dare dream that big. To have killed the first heir in line and the king himself is something that not many or maybe even none in history would have dared to do if they weren't planning on ascending the throne themselves. And Minister Lee seems like a reasonably ruthless person, meaning that he might be cruel and cross many lines, but he has integrity and knows what he wants and that's a stronger and better Joseon. To him, the end definitely justifies the means, but he will keep focused on that end that he values above all. I also think that HS will not agree with him once he realizes what he will have to do in order to work with Minster Lee. 

I think it's super interesting that they'd actually killed LH now, and also still have a tiny slice of doubt whether he's really dead, because it would be dramatic if he came back eventually and completely unexpected because he was saved from his grave by Da Rae or something like that. Otherwise it would be nice to actually dive into politics and make this a multi layered fight between HS, Minister Lee, the queen dowager and Minister the other evil one. I'm only afraid the ending will be rushed because it seems to happen often with kdrama, that they time the storyline off somehow and depite being really promising up until the second half the last few episodes just rush through some makeshift plot. So far I'm really loving the plot. So many things happen, there are so many parties involved in all this, so many layers of story (politics, love, family, mystery, HS and LH's respective relationships with Minister Lee and so on), and despite the premise being ridiculously improbable, so far nobody has done anything yet that screams "I'm stupid and have to do this to further the plot", it's really great and I don't think you get to see this often in kdramas frankly.

20 hours ago, nidcha202 said:

8. [+78,-1]
Seriously, how is he so good at acting at that age? This isn't a drama, it's a movie!!

Excuse this person :D YJG's acting was this good since he was 13 or so :D I remember watching him in Giant when he was still a little boy and that scene where his characters little sister practically went begging because his family was starving to death and he yelled at her because he was embarrassed, and then she yelled back telling him their mother is sick and also didn't even have milk to feed the new born baby anymore, and the camera turned back on him and his eyes were suddenly brimming with tears. It was amazing, he wasn't scrunching up his eyes like child actors often do when they have to cry and his tears weren't even falling, his eyes were just like pools of water and the tears filled them but did not fall, genius I say.

17 hours ago, circulate9oo said:

With Yi Heon's death, I find it hard seeing a happy ending for the characters. It's one thing to see Sowoon react about finding out about Haseon's true identity while the King lives, but with him gone for good, it changes the game. Unless, Haseon and Sowoon end up leaving the palace for good and live as commoners... but who will be in the throne though?

Well @guinearoyal said that HS and Minister Lee might finally have a fall out because of how different their characters are and I agree. HS is hot headed and naive, brave and good, yes, but not ready to kill and harm those who do not deserve death to achieve his goals, on which the whole country depends. He will eventually dissagree with Minister Lee over the course of their actions. They could have a huge fall out and the drama could end somewhat historically accurate - Kwanghae was forcefully abdicated and soon afterwards the country was overrun by Japanese troops and henceforth fell onder Japanese rule. HS could run with SW and just live in some remote area thinking back on the old days and the things they couldn't change despite them having tried their hardest, the end. That would be a good end imo.

15 hours ago, pad-hari said:

And the last scene of the preview for ep.9.  His gaze and sitting posture was just like LH. 

Yes! I was going to commend HS on this but really it's just YJG acting the role of YJG :D Help I still want to praise HS for his superb acting skills XD

11 hours ago, circulate9oo said:

He vowed to protect Haseon but he also once made the same promise once to Yi Heon.

Yeah right? I thought the same thing. Why make such a promise if you cannot keep it? LH's death scene was really well made, we could see him switching from utterly instable and mad to seeing glimpses of this loving, love starved, idealistic young man who wanted only the best for his country, the man he used to be, who would call Minister Lee by his name and tell him he wished he was his father. Back then I can imagine LH was almost always like this and drew people like Minister Lee and the queen towards him with, and basically both of them had sworn their loyalty to him until the end, but withdrawn it when LH lost his way. So why make such a promise again? Which human being can promise to never change? And if you cannot accept the fact that people will change and stay by them nonetheless, do not swear eternal allegiance to them because it's worth nothing.

Also may I say one more thing about this drama that really makes me happy?

They have finally given up putting so much makeup on YJG's face you can barely see him!!!!! In some of the latest dramas he'd starred in, they put SO much make up on him you cou barely see how he would look without! Especially his eyebrows looked constantly really weird and imo not attractive. Now you can see him just as he is and the make up is barely noticeable, which is exactly how it should be applied, not like a mask! So thank the make up artists for this.

====

I can't stop adding to this comment Or2 will this be the longest comment in Soompi history? I wonder... Anyways I wanted to add that Minister Lee did the wrong thing for the right reasons. I still think he deserves some kind of severe punishment karma verse. He definitely had his reasons and I don't know which better option he could have chosen either, but he'd snuffed out this young man's chance forever at finding back to himself. And when LH looked at the sea, suddenly younger and healthier looking, and spoke of the wonders that Minister Lee used to bring back from the other side of the mysterious ocean, I really wanted to cry, because I'd already guessed that the wine would not be celebratory...... What if there had been any way LH could have gone back to this person who is full of wonder and passion? We will never know now... And despite everything, Minister Lee must have known that LH loved him.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

I honestly doubt the identical twins plot point because the Korean synopsis specifically mention that the King and the Clown look more alike than twins would.

잦은 변란과 왕위를 둘러싼 권력 다툼에 혼란이 극에 달한 조선 중기, 임금이 자신의 목숨을 노리는 자들로부터 벗어나기 위해 쌍둥이보다 더 닮은 광대를 궁에 들여놓으며 펼쳐지는 이야기를 그린 드라마.

Even identical twins don't really look that alike if you look closely.

--

I agree, Yi Kyu's promises become meaningless when they end up clashing with his true goals.

I'm so interested to see where will Haseon go from here. I'm so nervous and excited for the next episodes. And please make Sowoon find out the truth immediately. :tears:

• Like 8

15 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

here's the official preview :)

i really hope haseon able to fool that court lady, so she won't suspect that he's not the real king.:smirk:

Yeo Jin Goo acting as his character acting as his another character. :lol: Yeo Jin Goo’s complicated acting. hahaha

I also not quite agree with the twins theory. Maybe Ha Seon is just someone who looks exactly like the king without blood-related things. And I agree with the fear or knet reaction if they decided HS, a commoner, is really become the king in the end. But who knows, maybe the real king survives until the end and the ending of ep 8 is just misleading.

• Like 9

My cousins are twins; they look really identicals 

except...... the color of theirs retinas : one has black eyes, one has brown eyes

and betwwen black and brown , it's very difficult to recongnize from far

and with the King, do you dare to look straight in his eyes ??????:lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

I stayed in couple a few years with a monozygote twin ...

The two brothers were totally identical physically, only the voice was slightly different and the characters totally opposite.
But this doesn't mean anything, if the drama is inspired by the movie:

Spoiler

Then the two men aren't twins, only 2 people totally unknown to each other, without any filial link but who are totaly similars .

:)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, diane90 said:

LH isn't the first heir in line, the first heir is Prince Yul who had been killed by LH

That's what I meant, Minister Lee killed both the heir first in line to the throne and the king.

• Like 7

Feb 4 - Episode 9 will air like the normal schedule

Feb 5 - Episode 10 will be cancelled. Episodes 1-9 will air starting 7:30AM + a special episode (cast commentary) will air on 9:30PM.
==

I just don't think they would include the "looking more alike than twins would" in the synopsis if they are actually twins. Anyway, I'd prefer it if Haseon is totally unrelated to Yi Heon. The twins idea is just too... meh. I feel like the writers would also allude more to it or give heavier clues if they want to point it out to the viewers, imo.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rittoo said:

That's what I meant, Minister Lee killed both the heir first in line to the throne and the king.

hhmm you need to rewatch again carefully I guess... grand prince Lee Yul was poisoned by the command of Lee Hun.. and I also think since Lee Yul was queeen mother and previous king’s legitimate son, she definetely wanted and will crown him as the new king after Lee Hun killed...

the new wave Sec Lee’s goal is a better nation that will bring prosperity to the people.. 

to reach goal.. you have to sacrifice one... even 100... 

of course it’s so cruel and inhuman to kill others... but that’s the reality of this world.

• Like 5