Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

That Queen chamber scene was so intense. It shows that The King truly loves his Queen, but he doesn’t know how to express it and always end up in bad side. He was jealous of Queen falling for Ha Seon and not for him this entire time. If only he treated her with more care like Ha Seon did, she definitely will love him back. 

Is HS planning to go back to the Palace? 

And btw, the Guk Bap scene was so cute. HS expression when Queen tried it for first time and liked it, are priceless. :relaxed:

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Watched today's episode, it was as good as the ones before. I'm only sad that I'd allowed myself to hope for a redemption arc for LH, but of course he did not get one. His return to the palace did not change things for the better, instead it was a final break from those who had loved him, and those whom he had once loved. He will now slowly lose all that were really on his side, and who he had won (I suppose) in the earlier days, when he was still kind and full of idealism and hope. It seems that that LH has finally left the stage with no chance to return.

I have also watched the preview for tomorrow's episode, and it shocks me but shouldn't be really surprising that HS asks to become the real king. I wonder how the story is going to develop from here? Will they really work together to put HS on the crown and get rid of LH? 

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, nidcha202 said:

It was the last scene of ep 6. I was thrilled with the fact that they, both the real king Lee Hun, met Ha seon, the fake clown, the king just because he held the queen's hand, the queen of King Lee Hun. He is so jealous that he is angry with his eyes. I think there must be something going on between them. Finally, nothing happened between them. Felt like i was fooled:D

Oh! Thanks for explaining. And I think a lot of us get fooled. I think I should come back to your post. I want to catch up. And I want to add my thoughts :D.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

Wow!! Rating is very satisfying, with a higher rating from last time.:thumbsup:

image.png

Add ratings for each channel:D

image.png

Arriving at this time, LH King, he was not suitable for the throne. He is a slave of drugs. He does not improve himself. But keeps the situation worse Even the lover and close acquaintance became weary of his actions. Of course, he had to lose everything for sure soon.:heartbreak:

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

second highest rating so far .. nice job.

Still gotta watch this drama will start in the next few day's. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote links, thanks! :)
  • Like 8

the only thing they can do to save the country from the ruthless tyrant is to get rid of the tyrant himself... I rewatched Masquerade yesterday (4th time) and notice that the writer and director of this drama.. as well as all the awesome actors are really exceeding my expectation.. this drama is the far fetched version with bold highlights as well as unexpectable twists that I didn’t see in the movie... I think due to the long production, they able to expand and elevate this project into a more complex and thrilling story plot... perfect phase speed... and the fact that Jungjeon mama love story is something that this drama graces us with.. I am so ready for even the opposite ending than the movie..... bring it on.. 

can’t wait for the next episode... I’m trembling when Lee Hun is on screen... it feels like I was in the same room as a maid and he is the King and I’m about to lose my head.. :sweatingbullets: Yeo Jin Goo is jjinjja JJANG!

• Like 11
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Amazing response i hope this boosts his profile even more in Korea he deserves so much more i feel , Also wheres ur sig from i know who it but not sure which show ;p 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, silhouettes90 said:

is it possible that the clown and the king are brothers?????

I think they are not brothers The King's brother had died by eating poison. The king killed him. The clown has a sister and is a very poor poor. In the drama, not mentioned during the long period of many years There is only a scene between the king and the clown. With the same period but different places :)

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Mercy for the old Goblin man. He needs lots of rest.:lol:

DyA7SzgUcAAntPW.jpgDyA7TkZVsAEqJaQ.jpgDyA7V-6UwAMk4Mf.jpg

Spoiler

DyA7Wy7UwAE8-5m.jpg

c as tagged

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

Guys the response for last night's episode was so amazing.. the top article last night got the highest upvotes in comments since the first ep~ it reached 3000+!!! I will translate later in a bit.

BUT OMG YEO JIN GOO! I feel like I need to say a lot when it comes to how good he is in portraying these two roles, but often I'm just left so speechless! Even as the bad king, I can still see the pain in his eyes in the midst of his anger, when he saw the people close to him turn to Haseon. Yi Heon's eyes are screaming murder, but then the next frame you see Haseon who's shaking in fear. It's crazy how Yeo Jin Goo has masterfully separated these two characters, showing each character's different sides without them overlapping at all. You can still see hints of vulnerability in the crazy king, while you also find toughness in the clown but still he makes the vulnerability and toughness unique to each character if that makes sense? Like when Haseon is angry, you know it's Haseon who's being angry.. and when the King is in pain from sadness, you can tell that the one who's sad is still Yi Heon.

• Like 7
  • Love 6

Nevermind about me translating.. hahaha they're already translated after all in melohwa xD Upvotes was still at 2000's when it got translated but now it's in 3000's~ :D:D:D

Article: Naver 'The Crowned Clown' Tyrant King Yeo Jin Goo returns to the palace... Clown Yeo Jin Goo on the verge of death 

1. [+2075,-31] 
Yeo Jin Goo is really post-Lee Byung Hun. As an actor.. He is from a different class compared to the other actors in their 20s. 

2. [+1590,-11]
They are the same actor, but both characters don't feel like it. Yeo Jin Goo taking up 2 roles at once is impactful and amazing... Yeo Jin Goo who is great at acting is really cool. 

3. [+1125,-8]
How can both characters be so different...? Yeo Jin Goo is really of a different class. Thanks to him, I was able to get immersed in the drama... the story development is different from the movie, so I'm curious about it. 

Full Comments here:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-crowned-clown-ep-7-spoilers.html?m=1

====

I saw this in theqoo.. HAHAHA They say this this will be the best happy ending for the show :lol:

The title will become: The Chief Royal Secretary Who Became King / The Crowned Chief Royal Secretary LMAOOOOO

7fzORFa.png

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

You know, that expression from LH always gets me like..

tumblr-ntktzit-Dg81uoy3aeo1-500.gif

Haven't watched ep 7 yet but I just saw LH's lines to the Queen.

Spoiler

"I haven't given you anything..nor hapiness or joy, I haven't given any of those yet. Forget the things I haven't given you, I will make clear whose woman you are."

Man, those words..I just can't. Now, I really pity the King...he's now all doing the wrong things...even to his most loyal retainer, the Royal Secretary. Is he now a hopeless case? It's quite sad. I wish he gets well.

Again, KUDOS to Yeo Jin Goo!!!...such an amazing actor you are. I approve.

giphy-16.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

@lightbringer06

Gukbap was the first Korean tavern (street food) 

Although first records of gukbap can be trace to the Joseon Dynasty but actual history of the dish goes back to Three Kingdom era.

For its convenience as all they had to do was to boiled a full & large cauldron of soup then scoop over rice upon individual orders , gukbap had long been a staple food for merchants in market places, for travelers stopping over at inns & for farmer looking for a quick, full meal after a hard day's work at the fields 

A good hot gukbap on a cold winter day will take off your weary

I like Ha Seon teaching Queen Ryu, the anatomy of the pig

Queen picks up an unidentified piece of meat

Queen Ryu: What is this?

Ha Seon: Pig  heart - Dwaeji Yeomtong (돼지 - Dwaeji 염통 - Yeom Tong is the native Korean word for heart where else the common word you might hear for heart simjang - 심장, 心臟 is the Sino Korean word)

Queen Ryu puts it down & search her bowl for another & picks up

Queen Ryu: What is this then?

Ha Seon: Pork intestine (Changja - 창자, 腸子 or chitterlings usually indicate the small intestine)

I also remember that Kim Sang Kyung in his interview indicate that what attracted him to the script was Episode 8....we will see what happens in Episode 8

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

I wish they had the Oscars for kdramas because the main lead is playing his part...Whoever is writing this drama is doing emmaculate work because I can connect with both main characters. I'd like this journal so much I think I'm awake about five more weeks to watch again so I can process emotionally. The Supporting Cast in the lead actress OMG. My oldest daughter is crazy about the main lead actress!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

I wish they had the Oscars for kdramas because the main lead is playing his part...Whoever is writing this drama is doing emmaculate work because I can connect with both main characters. I'd like this journal so much I think I'm awake about five more weeks to watch again so I can process emotionally. The Supporting Cast in the lead actress OMG. My oldest daughter is crazy about the main lead actress!

The Baeksang Awards is basically Korea’s Emmys, even tho it includes film. I hope YJG will get some recognition there!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, foreverempress said:

6 hours ago, maplinh said:

The Baeksang Awards is basically Korea’s Emmys, even tho it includes film. I hope YJG will get some recognition there!

I hope so!  The whole cast are excellent but Yeo Jin Goo is the lynchpin.  The drama can only work because of his incredible performance(s!) and he deserves recognition.  It's a shame TVN doesn't have an award show as so many of the great performances on their channel do not get any award recognition.

• Like 9
  • Love 1