Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Hi chingu. This drama is rated higher than the drama in the different channels but is in the air at the same time. In fact, we will know how it will end. Because it is a remake drama But because of the character In regard to being able to attract access to plays that are realistic Many characters, especially Yeo Jin Goo, can believe that the two characters are completely different. I would like to admire every actor who is dedicated to perfection. For all the drama fans who have seen the work, hope that this drama will be in the heart and that is forever remembered by everyone. I believe that this drama must have a good rating and excellent prize, especially Yeo Jin Goo. He deserves the best actor award. I'm going to be a force for you Fighting !!!:thumbsup:

I log in to admire the actors in this story.:heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

OMG, the real king is back. I was holding my breath for the last 2 minutes. YJG is absolutely amazing. The look on LH eyes was scary and he looked really pissed off; while HS is shocked to see the real king there in the middle of the street. Not to mention, HS was holding the Queen's hand which I'm sure LH saw that. I have no words to describe the fear I felt when I was watching that scene. The first thing that came to my mind after that was for HS to RUN for his dear life. Secondly, unfortunately everyone is SCREWED big time:scream:. I'm glad they gave us the preview otherwise we won't know who ends up in the grave lol. 

I absolutely loved it when evil Shin was beating up his son with a stick in public. This is indeed the worse form of humiliation :naughty:. I hope this won't be the last one lol.

The Queen is being fed that herbal tea that was tempted with and it looks like this is just the beginning. I hope she realizes what is going on although I think the chances of her getting pregnant now is very low. The relationship between HS and the Queen is pure and bittersweet. HS knows that the one the Queen loves and waited for is LH the king not HS the clown. She is in for a rude awakening after she finds about the switch. Not to mention, LH is not the same man as he used to be. She has to make a choice and unfortunately she will lose one of them at the end. 

Poor HS knows that he is just a replacement yet he can't stop his feelings for the Queen. I wonder if the Queen can tell them apart one day after the truth gets out. I don't want her to confuse him with LH anymore. Even enunch Jo and Secretary Chief can't tell them apart anymore because HS is becoming more of the  old version of LH. And I hope nothing bad happens to DR, HS sister again. Why is Monday so far:tears:?

• Like 11

here is Yeo Jin Goo’s movie ‘Warrior of the Dawn’ where he also played as Gwanghae gun and later installed as King Lee Hun.. I have watched this last year and in love with the movie.. as per what I read everywhere.. Gwanghae gun is actully a wise ruler, better than his father King Seonjo and even his sucessor King Injo. No clown or doppelganger involved but here you can see how in a early age of 15.. Gwanghae whose born from a concubine mom had to fight for his country while his father runaway to the border. Here I can see the other side of Lee Hun, instead of him high from smoking opium 24/7 

Warriors of the Dawn ( story of Prince Gwanghae )

I have always like Schubert Serenade but please may I say how talented and embodied all the Korean musicians that played this version? 

tears flowing without I even noticed.. so deep and sad.. lovely and desperate.. beautiful and sorrowful.. 

to love is not always to have.. 

Serenade by Schubert (Ha Seon theme song)

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, SeGafanlady said:

here is Yeo Jin Goo’s movie ‘Warrior of the Dawn’ where he also played as Gwanghae gun and later installed as King Lee Hun.. I have watched this last year and in love with the movie.. as per what I read everywhere.. Gwanghae gun is actully a wise ruler, better than his father King Seonjo and even his sucessor King Injo. No clown or doppelganger involved but here you can see how in a early age of 15.. Gwanghae whose born from a concubine mom had to fight for his country while his father runaway to the border. Here I can see the other side of Lee Hun, instead of him high from smoking opium 24/7 

Warriors of the Dawn ( story of Prince Gwanghae )

Warriors of the Dawn is a really great movie, I highly recommend it! :D But don't go for the youtube version. The subs are very inaccurate. It got the general story right, but the dialogues are actually off lots of times. Sometimes, the characters are saying lines that have absolutely nothing to do with the subtitle. The movie is also in VIU~ the subs are far better and more accurate there. 

And I know I sound like a broken record, but I would just like to clarify that Yeo Jin Goo only played Gwanghae in Warriors of the Dawn, but not in The Crowned Clown. Yi Heon (이헌) is his character's name in TCC, but Gwanghae's personal name is Yi Hon (이혼). Our drama's Yi Heon is 100% fictional and has no relation to Gwanghae at all (except that the drama is based on Masquerade which used Gwanghae as the King's character). ^_^ The Crowned Clown also always has a disclaimer at the start of every episode that says, "Characters, places, and events associated in this series are not historical facts, but fictional." Even Gwanghae's Chief Royal Secretary Heo Gyun has been turned to Yi Kyu to keep the characters away from the real historical figures.

Gwanghae became a King in his 30's and in the movie Masquerade, his age is actually at his early 40's. While in The Crowned Clown, the King is in his early 20's at the most. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

Whew finally back after watching 5 and 6^^. This is gonna be one of my favorite sageuk dramas, probably on par with Moonlight Drawn By Clouds since I am very picky when it comes to sageuk.

The addition of Joo Ho Geol is such a plus! I totally love his character :D.

The-Crowned-Clown-Episode-05-2.gif

He and Ha Seon can also be a good dynamic, Ha Seon may be a Clown but Ho Geol is the real life Clown^^.

The-Crowned-Clown-Episode-06-1.gif

I was afraid he really died but glad he didn't. I hope he stays! And survive until the end.

"I dreamed of living somewhere other than the palace. But not anymore. I cannot imagine living anywhere else." - Queen

It must have been suffocating to be a queen. So Woon is now starting to love the idea of being in the palace, all thanks to Ha Seon. Reminds me of one statement from Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, that even if one doesn't like the idea of just being in the palace, but if you have something/someone you like in there, you learn to love it as well. So Woon beginning to come to realize that being in the palace isn't bad after all now that she has someone she likes/loves.

It seems that Ha Seon is starting to capture the hearts of those people surrounding the King, i.e. his bodyguard. I love when Ha Seon said "But rather than have you die a good death for me, I would like you to live for yourself doing what you would like." No doubt the bodyguard truly serves and is loyal to the King, but I somehow thinks in the end, he might choose to protect Ha Seon rather than the King costing him his life. But I still wanna hold on to what Ha Seon said that he would still choose to also cherish his life, thus surviving.

Glad to see in the preview for next week that Secretary Lee wouldn't let just Ha Seon die by the hands of the King. The moment he stabbed HS and proclaimed him to be the King now, he bears all the responsibility to also protect HS's life. Between the weight of fulfilling what Lord Gil and the people wished for the world and his loyalty to LH, he will choose the former. And so as you guys commented, perhaps we can see Secretary Lee choosing to stand by HS.

I never expected  Secretary Lee's words referring to the king, "He might come back suddenly like thunder or slowly in time like sunrise" to come true because who would have expected the King coming back so fast not just like thunder but with lightning. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought the King would at least be redeemed before returning to the palace but no, the writer and PD-nim seems to love to surprise us :)

Now, I dread for next week's episode. Why does So Woon seems sad from the preview as she will be spending the night with the King? Ha Seon seems determined not just to return, but finally deciding on what his path will be. Maaan, this is getting better and better. Seems like eps. 5 and 6 were full of sweet stuff in preparation for the real deal next week. Monday, please come fast!!!

P.S. Also Team Clown here! :kiss_wink:

"I was born with it". I think this is gonna be Ha Seon's legendary phrase from now on :relieved:.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

jongski  is happy viewer  knowing LH the king is back. You chingus know I'm team LH. I'm not sorry I like him more than HS. I'm more drawn  to characters like that.  I  want LH for him to realize. To change and do something. To be strong and not be  in the mental paranoia state.

Thanks to chingus here posting their thoughts for each episodes.  It's good to see how each viewers sees and feel about the characters and scenes. But we can all agree Outstanding acting  YJG!:wub:

• Like 11

In fact, the King Lee Hun may not be a very bad person, but because being in the position of the King must rule the land, he must become a decisive person in all matters and if he is not fooled by those around him who often make him Hesitate and make mistakes, I believe he will be a good king as well:thumbsup:

If he had received the care of his queen, the way she treated Ha Seon, he would not be alone as well, but he could not only show his feelings from the heart, even though he loved the queen too:kiss_wink:

2s1y7f.gif

2s1yjo.gif

2s1xko.gif

• Like 10

Because Netflix doesn’t let you screensave, I had to take a photo from my phone. But this is from “Kingdom” and TCC immediately popped into my head when this scene came up

Spoiler

tumblr_plx9ojfvGD1umj8af_1280.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Anyway.. Sorry for the OOT.. but I think I need someone can help me to the answer my question.. LOL

Beside Yi Heon punished and killed his little brother, why don't he just punish the queen dowager? 

• Like 2

Just got down to finishing eps 6. It was so good. I have never been hooked on historical dramas , this is a first for me . I had goosebumps watching the last few minutes of the episode. I hv said it before and will say it again, YJG is just fantastic in his dual roles . In a matter of a few minutes we saw a deeply love struck Ha Seon  followed by an amazing portrayal  of YH’s  changing expressions from relief to disappointment to rage  . I repeated it a few times 

while  I’m very much team clown where the romance is concerned, I think the resurfacing of LH is vital to the overall plot development. It does not seem that he’s changed in the preview , so I’m excited & curios to see how much chaos this will throw the palace into. Will this force the Chief Secretary to truly replace YH with HS ? The preview gave me some hope that Lee Kyu sees HS as more than just a tool , and that HS will not give up on SW! 

I particularly enjoyed the romantic scenes in eps. 6 . My favourite scene was the one where he grabbed her & ran away from the street performance. It was not only because he felt bad she had to hear these terrible lies about herself, but he was also feeling regretful & sorry that he himself had mocked her in the past .

BAF2B23E-F5DA-4E59-8409-8F5B4ECACD65.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 6

@maplinh

The location where the Queen smiles as Ha Seon is in Changdeokgung palace's (창덕궁, 昌德宮) Huwon (후원, 後苑)

30927830185_e25f3ba5ca_n.jpg

My file picture of Changdeokgung palace's (창덕궁, 昌德宮) Huwon (후원, 後苑) taken in November 2016. This area is known as Jondeokjeong Pavilion Area built in 1644. 

The said pavilion with a roof shaped like the ribs of a fan is Gwanramjeong (관람정, 觀纜亭) on the left which the Queen was standing & smiling, the other name that was given for its fan shape is Seonjajeong (扇子亭).  Meanwhile on the facing hill where Ha Seon was standing & looking down as the Queen is Seungjaejeong (승재정,勝在亭).  "Seungjae" (승재) means outstanding scenery."  Both of these pavilion are believed to have been built during Jeongjo's reign.

The palace garden is also known by other names Geumwon (금원, 禁苑) as it is restricted access to the King, Members of the Royal Family & Palace women. Officials can only enter with the King's permission. It is also known as Naewon (내원, 內苑). These days the garden is known as Biwon (비원, 秘院, Secret Garden)

Huwon was created in 1406 after Changdeokgung palace was dedicated as a secondary palace in 1405. The present size of the garden was expanded in 1462

Admission - to enter Huwon or Secret Garden, you need to purchase W8,000 ticket which include the admission to Changdeokgung palace as well & follow a scheduled guided tour to the garden. Admission to Huwon can only be done through these guided tours

English tours is 10:30am, 11:30am, 14:30 & 15:30. But if you just want to enjoy the scenic view of the garden, there is nothing stopping you from joining or taking a tour of another language e.g. Korean (more frequent tours) if your schedule can't accommodate the English tour

• Like 4
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

when Ha Seon said

“if it’s a dream.. than what I will do is not a sin..”

I WEPT :tears: 

( me hopelessly rewatching Masquerade but all I can do is laughing my brains off because the drama is too funny) ok next episode is getting nearer by day... #superanticipating :w00t: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 6

beautiful music video... credit to the uploader...

“Do people always fall in love with things they can't have?
Always... and smiling too.” 
― Patricia Highsmith, The Price of Salt

• Like 8

YJG and LSY’s interview w/ Cosmopolitan is translated! 

https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2019/01/27/lee-se-young-and-yeo-jin-goo-cosmopolitan-january-2019-interview/amp/

short excerpt in spoiler. Go give them some clicks

Spoiler

Both of you are starring in the drama The Crowned Clown. Everyone knows that it is the drama adaptation of the movie Masquerade/ Gwanghae, The Man Who Became King. 

Yeo Jin-goo (YJG): You’re right. As people know, it is a remake of the movie. First of all, the basic framework is the same: “there is a king and there is a clown who has the same face as the king, masquerading as him”. Our project carries the same motif but when compared to the movie, the drama has additional point in the form of the queen’s love story. The details and description regarding the characters are a bit different from the movie. The king and the clown also have a very different characterization, and the added details make it different enough to be considered as a standalone project. Perhaps, the difference felt between this drama and the movie is what makes this project a very appealing one to the viewers.

What made you, from an actor’s perspective, to be attracted to this project and agreed to join the production? No matter how you see it, there has to be some pressure to carry the burden of the original work’s success.

YJG: Perhaps, if it’s shot following exactly the original, then the burden would have been huge. But then, our drama, just like other remakes, is made using a new style, which makes it different from the original; hence, there is no burden on paying attention on the original. Hence, I thought, “Oh, so there is another way to visualize it.” Since the original is a favourite of mine, of course, it is an honour to be able to star in the remake. Plus, I have always wanted to challenge myself with a dual role in a project. Based on a particular good point of the movie, we are venturing in a new horizon to show a new side to it, thus it makes me comfortable to film a particular scene.

Lee Se-young (LSY): As for me, I really enjoyed reading the synopsis and the script. I also enjoyed watching the original movie but this remake – not even a remake for Japan but for the same country – offers a new interpretation of the story, so there is no pressure on us. Plus, at that time (of her casting process), my onscreen partner had already been confirmed and it was Yeo Jin-goo, so I got even greedier to score the role.

For YJG especially, this would be your second time playing Gwanghae’s character onscreen after the movie Warriors of the Dawn. Personally, it could be another source of burden and pressure for you, so how did you face it?

YJG: The truth is, I should not take things lightly. HAHAHA. So, I had the thought of just following along the team: the great director, scriptwriter, Se-young noona who is sitting beside me right now, and the great seniors like Kim Sang-kyung and Kwon Hae-hyo. I thought to myself, “I should be comfortable alongside them.” So there is no big difference between the two projects. HAHAHA. Rather than focusing on the previous project’s pressure, the fact that I have to portray to characters with clear differences, in a sageuk (historical drama) no less, it gives me a lot of things to ponder and a lot of different ways to get myself worried. So that’s why, I’m always being scolded by the seniors and the director on the set. HAHA.

LSY: What do you mean by scolding? Everyone’s treating him really well. It is easy to see why: when he lets down the edgier side of him, his younger side overflows with energy.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

just bought all OSTs from itunes..... wow so amazing :wub: 

what a fiesta for my ears........

the love triangle is the best I have ever witnessed in my Kdrama life.. 

qWV3DrZ.gif

me.... thinking about it....

happy sunday... KYAKKKK  tomorrow is near.....

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, triplem said:

Just got down to finishing eps 6. It was so good. I have never been hooked on historical dramas , this is a first for me . I had goosebumps watching the last few minutes of the episode. I hv said it before and will say it again, YJG is just fantastic in his dual roles . In a matter of a few minutes we saw a deeply love struck Ha Seon  followed by an amazing portrayal  of YH’s  changing expressions from relief to disappointment to rage  . I repeated it a few times 

@triplem  Sorry to have cut some of your thoughts.:)

I like your thoughts as well. I remember that I didn't like historical drama. I only watched 2 stories, six flying dragons and the latest The Crowned Clown just because YJG just looks like a picture of a red dress. Are wearing a clown mask I feel that it attracts me a lot. It makes me want to know more about the role of characters and stories. And he makes me attract him even more Is that he began to be from boys, began to grow in the adult age He looks handsome and charming. Especially the smile he looks bright all the time Although I didn't follow him since he first started to enter the entertainment industry during childhood. But I used to watch his work, even though the movie he performed Hwayi A Monster Boy. I was very surprised by his acting abilities, even though I wasn't a big fan of him. Until he came to work in my country in business. 4 Wheeled Restaurant I saw the naturalness in one of his corners. It made me smile for him. He is honest, has patience in the hottest weather during the hot months.:sweatingbullets: He never complained. He tried to learn in my language. And a person who understands very well He has the expertise to negotiate a great product. Always do something carefully, even if it is a difficult task for him. He always has a sincere smile.:blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 4