Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Spoiler

I like the queen but im really worried about her too calm,too ok attitude in which makes me understand lee hyun frustration with her sometimes.Yes the king is mad or crazy but im wondering what has she done to help him as a wife or as the queen .She seems to be dreaming all the time and i bet she gonna wake up only if one of the concubine gives birth to a prince.And when that time comes when the ministers are pressuring the king to deposed her she wont fight back to keep her position.That greedy concubine would swallow a ten headed snake just to have the queens seat

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

2 hours ago, Josephine Safowaa said:

Hide contents

I like the queen but im really worried about her too calm,too ok attitude in which makes me understand lee hyun frustration with her sometimes.Yes the king is mad or crazy but im wondering what has she done to help him as a wife or as the queen .She seems to be dreaming all the time and i bet she gonna wake up only if one of the concubine gives birth to a prince.And when that time comes when the ministers are pressuring the king to deposed her she wont fight back to keep her position.That greedy concubine would swallow a ten headed snake just to have the queens seat

It can be frustrating but as the Queen, she is the head of the harem and is supposed to set a good example towards the concubines. She is not the kind who would scheme or try to break the set rules just so she can get her way. She is more of a gentle person who tends to hide what she actually feels because she is bound by the palace rules and prefers to only do her actual roles. It's not that she's okay with what is being done to her, but she's the type who is a stickler to the rules. Anyway we see her slowly break out of her shell once Haseon came along. She is now starting to stand her ground like when she's talking to the Queen Dowager when Haseon's ill and Shin Chisoo as well.

She also doesn't seem to be that happy in her position as Yi Heon's Queen (pre-Haseon) even if it's the most coveted position among the King's women in the palace. She also always gave words of advice to Yi Heon but it's been said that it has been a while since he listened to her, and eventually their relationship deteriorated. 

==

aaSjtFD.gif

Cute, cute, cute~ ♥♥♥ Glad to see them be so comfortable off-screen, no wonder the chemistry translates so well in the drama.

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

King Lee Hun has no children yet because he only wants to have kids with the queen.. as per his very traumatic experience that made him ordered the murder of his own half brother, all those 5 concubines including the snakey Court Lady (his bed partner) all can’t bare him children and I’m not sure if Lee Hun even ever touched any of his women.. I believe he actually really love the queen but unfortunately his personality is weak and cowardly he can’t even protect her and choose to put Ha Seon in the throne while he drugged him self off in a self destructing manners..

if I were the Chief Sec.. just low key put the real king to sleep forever and nobody would notice.. he wants to make the Elder dream comes true.. well first thing to do is get rid of that useless skirt chasing drug addict looney ruler and keep Ha Seon as the King... keep the secret forever even into the grave... for the sake of the country and the people. keut.

what an intense drama.. it’s been a while! Yeo Jin Goo made me feel like seeing Kim So Hyun in TMTETS... all over again!

I’m loving all the soundtracks in this drama... especially the Schubert number.. so warm.. calming, romantic and melancholy... the Korean Janggu drum number is excellent.. at some point I heard something similar like in Arang and the Magistrate (awesome drama!)  overall it sounds like in a theater with ipood or earphone on... such a treats! 

can’t hardly wait for next week and kudos for Yeo Jin Goo for daebak-ly playing two different character that I like the most and hate the most....  he is truely a matured star young actor!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

@SeGafanlady I think Yi Kyu is still holding on to the man that Yi Heon once was, and thus his loyalty to him remains. Now I believe we will see how unwavering that loyalty is on the next episodes, having experienced what Haseon's leadership is like vs seeing the true King return but is self-destructing at the same time.

This is also something I've read at theqoo... (I swear the TCC thread there is so fun and addicting to browse even with my very limited Korean) the taglines in their character posters are indeed part of their actual dialogues and the only one that remains to be seen in the drama is Yi Kyu's line. 

Here are the lines from their character posters:

“If I do well, I’ll live. If I don’t do well, I’ll die! Let’s play the biggest gamble!” - Haseon

“Find a way to protect me. Before I go crazy…” - Yi Heon

“And finally, I have fallen in love with you, Your Majesty.” - Sowoon

“Will you be the true king and dream of a new world with me?” - Yi Kyu

So yeah, chances are, we are about to hear Yi Kyu's character tagline pretty soon after Yi Heon's return. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@circulate9oo  the quotes though... :) thanks for posting them..

if Yi Kyu secretary is willing to go to that rocky road.. full with sharp stones.. up and down unexpectedly... letting Lee Hun rules again under his tyrannical demeanor.. blood bath.. scams.. traps.. not to mention he is high 24/7 smoking weeds and stuffs.. and knowing Lee Hun is under Left State Minister’s palms.. basically agreeing whatever that old man orders him.. like a puppet king.. all those for the name of loyalty... we will surely be granted a great sageuk drama.. still a long way to go and many things can happen.. 

as per the actor who plays secretary said there will be a big revolution he will bring on ep 8.. I’ll prepare it well for next week.... yazzz never been so exciting since a looooon time :rolleyes:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Well it’s surprising for me to see lots of comments that wanting the Queen to end up with the King instead of Ha Seon. Am I the only team Clown here? :D But somehow I am okay if they will make the King a better person and having the queen end up with him. As long as Lee Se Young character end up with Yeo Jin Goo character :tounge_wink: their chemistry is superb. I support the first and second male lead :rolleyes:

I didn’t see the movie so I have no idea about the ending. Is the king back in his throne and become better King? 

36 minutes ago, SeGafanlady said:

King Lee Hun has no children yet because he only wants to have kids with the queen.. as per his very traumatic experience that made him ordered the murder of his own half brother, all those 5 concubines including the snakey Court Lady (his bed partner) all can’t bare him children and I’m not sure if Lee Hun even ever touched any of his women.. I believe he actually really love the queen but unfortunately his personality is weak and cowardly he can’t even protect her and choose to put Ha Seon in the throne while he drugged him self off in a self destructing manners..

if I were the Chief Sec.. just low key put the real king to sleep forever and nobody would notice.. he wants to make the Elder dream comes true.. well first thing to do is get rid of that useless skirt chasing drug addict looney ruler and keep Ha Seon as the King... keep the secret forever even into the grave... for the sake of the country and the people. keut.

what an intense drama.. it’s been a while! Yeo Jin Goo made me feel like seeing Kim So Hyun in TMTETS... all over again!

I’m loving all the soundtracks in this drama... especially the Schubert number.. so warm.. calming, romantic and melancholy... the Korean Janggu drum number is excellent.. at some point I heard something similar like in Arang and the Magistrate (awesome drama!)  overall it sounds like in a theater with ipood or earphone on... such a treats! 

can’t hardly wait for next week and kudos for Yeo Jin Goo for daebak-ly playing two different character that I like the most and hate the most....  he is truely a matured star young actor!

It want to see the king and the queen when he was a crown prince and how he fall in love with her in the first place. I want to see him as a good man.

I think the Chief Sec is sure that the king won’t be back after watching his condition that’s why he stabbed Ha Seon and made him the king forever. He probably will be surprised when he see the king back in his mental state. (Yeah, thanks Dal Rae :mellow:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, annie1234 said:

Well it’s surprising for me to see lots of comments that wanting the Queen to end up with the King instead of Ha Seon. Am I the only team Clown here? :D But somehow I am okay if they will make the King a better person and having the queen end up with him. As long as Lee Se Young character end up with Yeo Jin Goo character :tounge_wink: their chemistry is superb. I support the first and second male lead :rolleyes:

Oh not sure bout the other sites/ forums but I’m quite sure from following the thread , there are quite a few of us here on Team Clown . I’m most definitely one of them . But either way YJG gets the girl please  :lol:! They do have undeniable chemistry.

He’s really doing a fine job of displaying two very different characters. How am i able to dislike one character so much & love the other , when they both have the same face :ph34r:. It really shows what a good actor he is ! 

————-

Soompi

Watch: Lee Se Young And Yeo Jin Goo Have Undeniable Chemistry In “The Crowned Clown” Making Video

Jan 23, 2019
by sala12

The Crowned Clown” has released a behind-the-scenes making video!

tvN’s Monday-Tuesday drama “The Crowned Clown” is a historical drama about a king who finds himself surrounded by enemies who wish to overthrow him and a lookalike clown who takes his place. Yeo Jin Gooplays both the role of King Lee Heon and the clown Ha Seon while Lee Se Young plays Queen Yoo So Woon.

The video starts off in a lively film set where the actors and staff are comfortably interacting with each other and sharing laughter. After watching the traditional entertainers perform, Yeo Jin Goo jokingly says, “They’re not as good as the Joseon Sonyeondan” (a play off of BTS’s Korean name Bangtan Sonyeondan), which is his nickname for the clown Ha Seon’s gang of friends.

Yoon Jong Suk (playing Jang Moo Young) and Oh Ha Nee (playing Ae Young) also make an appearance, playfully saying that they unintentionally ended up wearing matching clothes, joining the King and Queen on a double date. The making video also shows scenes of Yeo Jin Goo and Kim Sang Kyung (playing Yi Kyu) rehearsing and hilariously ad libbing for Yeo Jin Goo’s cheating scene as Kim Sang Kyung keeps repeating, “How did you do this?”

And in the rehearsal to practice for the kissing scene, Yeo Jin Goo and Lee Se Young show off their playful chemistry. Lee Se Young is surprised to discover the camera filming them practicing the kiss scene, as she says, “We were just deciding on the right angle.” The video ends with the staff bursting out laughing at Yeo Jin Goo’s fake hiccuping, showing off the great vibe on set.

Edited by triplem
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oh not sure bout the other sites/ forums but I’m quite sure from following the thread , there are quite a few of us here on Team Clown . I’m most definitely one of them . But either way YJG gets the girl please  :lol:! They do have undeniable chemistry.

His really doing a fine job of displaying two very different characters. How am i able to dislike one character so much & love the other , when they both have the same face :ph34r:. It really shows what a good actor he is ! 

Good to know that we are always in the same team :D Yes I never imagined he will be this amazing because I usually watch him as child version of the lead actor. But now he is the lead and he did amazing job

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@annie1234 Team Clown here! Although my wish would be to see the real king return to his former self, become a good king supported by Kyu and let their freedom to live free and happy to our nice clown and hi's adorable queen.
It doesn't take the way after seeing the trailer for episode 7, but I would like to believe it.:sweatingbullets:

Edit: (little HS) This drama also made me want to see again TMTETS and Giant lol! ^^ Hoping to see Soohyun and Jingoo together again in a future project. ^^

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I think the ending will be like in the movie : i

Spoiler

t means Ha Soon will be alive ( thanks God !)

and he'll leave the palace and go very far to...............Hongkong, China for ex ..... hahahaha !

They might not be together, Ha Soon and the Queen, even she"ll know that he's not Lee Hoon,

and she's really in love with him, HS,  but in this period when a woman enters the palace

to become the King's woman, she'll never never leace this place until she dies !

There were wemen who never see the Ki,g's face all their lives but there's one

they must do is.............waiting ! So, the queen won't go with him !

And, they can't do like in ' The man in iron mask' as...swtiching Ha Soon with Lee Hoon.

Because , after this incident 2 years, King Gwanghae fired Chief Secretary Lee bc for him,

Lee served 2 Kings, not loyal ...... really it's Lee Hoon, very cruel !

Gwanghae was very good in foreign affairs but not in Inner Court !

It's funny that YJG can play 2 times in the character of Gwanghae : 1 in a movie and now in a drama

Edited by triplem
Movie plot in spoiler please. Thanks
  • Like 9

@diane90 Well, the queen is not happy in the palace, will they have to stimulate her death so she can live happily elsewhere? just a random thought ... ^_^

Edit: Note that in the movie

Spoiler

there was no romance between the clown and the queen, so ...

Edited by triplem
Movie plot in spoiler please. Thanks
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

I've been Team Clown since his first encounter with the Queen!!! ♡♡♡ (I was actually under the impression that majority here are Team Haseon :lol:)

Like @vladlola06 I am Team Haseon but I also want the King to get back to his old self and have a proper chance at redemption. But even if I'm Team Haseon, I cannot deny how hot Yi Heon is... :wub:

@diane90 Although the movie's king is based on Gwanghae, the drama version here is just fictional. :) But yeah, it could be cute to imagine Warriors of the Dawn as a sort of prequel hehehe

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I’m going to spend my weekend rewatching Clowned Crown again from ep 1 because it’s so worth it and I don’t usually rewatch a sageuk drama  up to 3 times (unless the Moon that Embraces the Sun) but I need to go back to where Lee Hun was still at least a bit sane..

lee-hyun-yeo-jingoo.jpg

his eyes expressed his turmoil mind..

Haseon-yeo-jingoo.jpg

totally different personalities... 

yet when your father’s last word was that harsh.. and the failure of being a good king while your beloved queen rejected your kiss without bashing an eyelid... wow.. there must be many new things that we can discover while rewatching... #nextweekissofaraway 

I’m not Lee Hun or Ha Seon team... I’m team Yeo Jin Goo.

this young man is a diamond! :wub:

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Yeah, I agree the drama is fictional, even the movie Masquerade !

Because, as in real korean history, in king Gwanghae's journal, it missed

15 days unregistrements..... it means people didn't know what the King did

in these days, he was in the palace but ...nothing unregistred ???!

So why... people can 'imagine' the clown ???? The movie and the drama show

what happen in these 15 days with imagination.

But thye must respect the real history : and the real history is the ling & Queen

lived together until the day they died !

If it's a 100£ fiction; they don't use the real name Lee Hoon; there"re many fictional

sageuk like The Moon embrasses the sun for ex....

I don't think korean people accept their King is from a slave !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vladlola06 said:

@annie1234 Team Clown here! Although my wish would be to see the real king return to his former self, become a good king supported by Kyu and let their freedom to live free and happy to our nice clown and hi's adorable queen.
It doesn't take the way after seeing the trailer for episode 7, but I would like to believe it.:sweatingbullets:

Edit: (little HS) This drama also made me want to see again TMTETS and Giant lol! ^^ Hoping to see Soohyun and Jingoo together again in a future project. ^^

Yay! #TeamClown :D I wish the same too. I can't wait to watch episode 7. Can Monday come faster??? 

How many episodes is this drama? 16 or 20?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Episodes 5-6 are slow episodes but this drama is so good already in the first 4, its alright to catch a breath in these 2 episodes. And that ending tho and the preview thoo can't wait for next week :heart: plus yeo jin goo and se yeon's chemistry is off the roof 

• Like 10

in reality Prince Gwanghae only ruled Joseon for 15 years.. that is neither short or long reigning because King Yeongjo reigned for 52 years while other Kings didn’t even managed to see next year.. and Gwanghae or Lee Hun deposed by coup d’état.. his queen Yu was also deposed with him with their only son Crown Prince Lee Ji to Jeju Island. 

of course in real.. Joseon people will never accept a nobi class as a King.. but this is a friction drama and movie about Gwanghae based on his disappearance for 15 days (no journal recorded of where he was) so I guess writer has more ideas and imaginations as well as twists and turns to make the drama much entertaining..

if you happen to travel Seoul soon.. do spare time to  visit the National Museum of Korea.. it is so amazing how the nation is able to trace even up to Silla dinasty.. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 7

This drama shows us Yeo Jin Goo impressive acting! I agree with everyone.. daebak!  YH as king.. I want to see that intense acting!

OT: But after this drama he'll be k-version of Zettai Kareshi ...complete opposite of this one :unsure:

• Like 8

@SeGafanlady You have no idea how happy I am that the male lead and second male lead are both Yeo Jin Goo :wub::wub::wub:

@annie1234 16 episodes. :D 

@jongski

Spoiler

Ugh tell me about it. I really hated the manga when I read it, the female lead is one hell of an annoying character. And they actually made 20 EPISODES for the Korean remake. I honestly have very low expectations for this drama, but Jingoo already worked so hard for this. And to think there's been like more than a month of him filming Absolute Boyfriend and The Crowned Clown together. And yet he still managed to show such a phenomenal acting for The Crowned Clown.

I really hope ABF would surprise me. I actually wished ABF would've aired first and get it over with, but they got delayed filming the drama and apparently still no tv network, or that Jingoo got the offer for The Crowned Clown so much sooner than ABF. Jingoo declined The Great Seducer and Dan, Only Love and accepted ABF, so maaaaybe there's something good in it. I don't know anymore. >_<

I dread seeing Yi Heon in the palace so soon, but it's in the palace where the thickest of the action actually happens and I enjoy seeing Jingoo act as Yi Heon. Wish he could've gotten clean first though and got some proper time to reflect. He's still in the midst of his withdrawal when he escaped and his hallucinations about his brother must've tortured him. No wonder he's going to get himself drugged the moment he returns.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

So the drama has taken... quite an interesting turn here. Every time YJG shouts "You fool!" makes me laugh (a good laugh) for some reason, but he's doing a double role here and I'd have to say hats off to him for pulling off two opposite pole characters. I always look forward to him acting as YH because it's such a polar opposite, it's just interesting to see how he "falls" to HS's character development.

The real king is back and he's just as addicted, withdrawn, and insane as ever! I thought the secretary being stabbed was a dream at first until he really did get stabbed and almost died did I realize...Nope. not a dream. Glad he's back next episode, but wow- he couldn't even tell the real king and clown apart... Oof...

Everyone could tell that HS likes the Queen, so obviously his goal now is to get back into the palace, get the real king outta here (maybe... Because he's so crazy), and become the real king. I personally think that Secretary Lee will also help him, because he sees how insane the real king actually is. I mean, he's totally unfit to rule. He just wants to do bad to his people, compared to HS who wants to do good because he's lived in poverty for the majority of his life. Totally looking forward to the next episode! Man, did I truly enjoy seeing Yi Geum being whipped by his dad. That was true humiliation and I don't think HS is done humiliating the two! 

• Like 10