Quantcast
Jump to content
Jillia

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Recommended Posts

This is so out of topic but... in episode 2, where the Queen bids goodbye to her father is...

Lee Min Ho's tree!!

 

Hehehe...well, not technically his tree but the tree that was in Faith, and the drama about the girl who pretended to be a robot who fell in love with her owner and a lot of other KDrama's. 

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ElleSor

 

"This is so out of topic but... in episode 2, where the Queen bids goodbye to her father is...

Lee Min Ho's tree!!......Hehehe...well, not technically his tree but the tree that was in Faith, and the drama about the girl who pretended to be a robot who fell in love with her owner and a lot of other KDrama's. "

 

If you are interested.....

 

It is the Zelkova tree locate in Seongheunsan (성흥산), Imcheon myeon (임천면), Buyeo, Chungcheongnam-do province near Dae Jo Sa temple ( 대조사,大鳥寺)

 

34926424732_1236a015e3_z.jpg

 

35050754806_844cf8a125.jpg

Ending scene from KBS drama Sejong the Great. 

 

I went to search for this tree after Sejong the Great & can vouch that it is "THE TREE"

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBV_gONCOd4

 

Zelkova tree feature in 2:28

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gerrytan8063 said:

@ElleSor

 

"This is so out of topic but... in episode 2, where the Queen bids goodbye to her father is...

Lee Min Ho's tree!!......Hehehe...well, not technically his tree but the tree that was in Faith, and the drama about the girl who pretended to be a robot who fell in love with her owner and a lot of other KDrama's. "

 

If you are interested.....

 

It is the Zelkova tree locate in Seongheunsan (성흥산), Imcheon myeon (임천면), Buyeo, Chungcheongnam-do province near Dae Jo Sa temple ( 대조사,大鳥寺)

 

Ending scene from KBS drama Sejong the Great. 

 

I went to search for this tree after Sejong the Great & can vouch that it is "THE TREE"

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBV_gONCOd4

 

Zelkova tree feature in 2:28

 

It feels like this tree is in every drama or/and sageuk. I think I remember it from Cruel Palace: The War of Flowers. :D 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jillia

 

"It feels like this tree is in every drama or/and sageuk. I think I remember it from Cruel Palace: The War of Flowers.  "

 

the-crowned-clown-2019-filming-location-episode-2-mount-seongheungsan-love-tree-koreandramaland-1463x800.jpg

 

It is very scenic during sunset

 

For those who are interest, the "suppose" palace ground which feature the wooden bridge &

 

Spoiler

 

feature at 1:38

 

Clown04-00016.jpg

the stone arch bridge

 

This location is the Namwon Chunhyang Theme Park, in Namwon, Jeolloabuk-do province.

 

Directions: You can take a train from Seoul to Namwon Station. Take a bus to Namwon Interbus Terminal Station, walk 700m to Chunhyanggyo Bridge (춘향교). Cross the bridge then walk ahead until you reach the theme park entrance. Admission W3,000

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me watching this drama be like...

 

tumblr-mnrwa5-SGgb1qlj4suo1-500.gif

 

I can say now that I'm absolutely loving this drama right now. I certainly love the BGMs as well, it definitely adds to the thrill and suspense. 

 

Some things that I like..

~LOYALTY~

Man, as I said before, I love things such as loyalty, and this drama is just an example. May it be the villains or the protaganists, the way they show their loyalty to their masters is just admirable. That lady who poisoned Court Lady Park who serves the Queen Dowager, Chief Secretary Lee's absolute dedication to LH, and I might add Eunuch Cho as well, the way he cares for HS even though he is not the real king, and even calling him "Your Majesty" says a lot, so I can say he can be a loyal, perhaps not as a servant of HS, but more of like a confidant or an ally down the road. 

~EUNUCH CHO~

20190121-103945.gif

 

That smile! I'm loving this ahjussi so much, more so because this is my first time watching him as a likeable character for once.

~~ROMANCE~~

I'm also one of those looking forward to the romance aspect of this drama. So @triplem you're not the only hopeless romantic here..ha ha..:) The preview shows So Woon finally stepping up and probably confessing? about her feelings to HS. How is HS gonna take it knowing that the affection she has isn't actually meant for him, though we all know it's because of the things HS did for her that she might be falling deeply for him. So excited!

I just had some questions, Court Lady Park was the one who buried the cursed item under the Queen's chambers but how did it end up on Seon Hwa Dang? Did I miss it? There was no mention of it, I think. 

Also, do you think Queen Dowager originally is a kind person? That because of what the King/LH did to her son made her to exact revenge and to what she has become now. That her only purpose now is to get rid of the King. Is their relationship too broken to be mended? 

I also like at times when Chief Secretary Lee seems struck/taken aback by the things HS says to him especially this one. 

The-Crowned-Clown-Episode-04-1.gif

 

Spoiler

The-Crowned-Clown-Episode-04-2.gif

 

I agree that as of right now, there's no doubt CS Lee's loyalty lies with LH. That stabbing HS in the end of episode 4 shows how far he can go for LH. I love that about him, but I'm hoping that he also learns to see HS as a person, not just simply a replacement for the King or the fulfillment of his ideals for the King. 

 

BONUS~

Our ever so laid-back "King" ^^.

Spoiler

The-Crowned-Clown-Episode-03-1.gif

 

Anyhow, looking forward to tonight's episode! ^-^

 

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lightbringer06 Ahhh the romance is so good on this one. Let's prepare our hearts....new stills :love:...but I have a kind of bad feeling about it ...lol  (cr TVN FB)

50836336_396148527623345_729534451884752

50685962_396148520956679_649542507492383

 

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

I just had some questions, Court Lady Park was the one who buried the cursed item under the Queen's chambers but how did it end up on Seon Hwa Dang? Did I miss it? There was no mention of it, I think. 

I have the same question too. Did someone move it ? i am also a bit confused there... can anyone enlighten?

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lightbringer06 @triplem

 

You mean the vodoo doll?

 

I thought Shin Chi Soo, Court Lady Park and Seo Hwa Dang are on the same team and Seo Hwa Dang just played along by saying the doll was found in or around her chambers.

 

Or tell me what item you mean. :)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@triplem Omo! Even the way HS grabs SW's wrist is so similar to LH from the first episode^^. I wonder why the shock expression from SW though. I can smell some tension (love tension?) from those stills XD :wub:.

 

@Jillia

Yes, the doll. It was an order from Queen Dowager isn't it? And I don't think Shin Chi Soo knows it since they don't know it was the Queen Dowager's order to have Court Lady Park be killed. So I don't think they know. That's where my confusion is. And Seon Hwa Dang really was sick, right? They didn't tell her because her lie might be found out easily if she knows the plan.

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll explain the whole deal with the voodoo dolls and stuff and who's working for who~ :D

 

  • The voodoo dolls for Seon Hwa Dang and her getting poisoned are all done by Shin Chisoo through Court Lady Kim (aka the King's personal maid). They really poisoned SHD because she is actually not a good liar.
  • Court Lady Park (aka Sowoon's personal maid) is actually the Queen Dowager's underling. She's the one giving the Queen flower tea from Queen Dowager and cursed her secretly in return for Queen Dowager's payment.
  • Shin Chisoo and Court Lady Kim are not on the same team as Queen Dowager and Court Lady Park. They are not aware of one another's plans.
  • Shin Chisoo tried to poison Seon Hwadang and plant voodoo dolls in order to frame Sowoon. They made fake accusations towards Court Lady Park in order to dethrone Sowoon.
  • As it turns out, Court Lady Park is INDEED guilty of those accusations but not towards Seon Hwadang, but actually Sowoon, since she is paid by Queen Dowager.
  • Court Lady Kim is supposed to poison Court Lady Park as per Shin Chisoo's orders (to make Sowoon look guilty), but Queen Dowager's court lady poisoned Court Lady Park first. Because they don't want the curses they've done to Sowoon to be revealed.
  • That's why Shin Chisoo said, he set out a bait for a rabbit (aka Sowoon), but got a fox (aka Queen Dowager) instead.

There are 2 crimes:

  • The one done by Shin Chisoo and Court Lady Kim to frame Sowoon (poisoning Seon Hwadang and planting voodoo dolls)
  • The one done by Queen Dowager with Court Lady Park (cursing Sowoon).

The evidence gotten by Aeyoung (aka Sowoon's maid) will prove that the Queen Dowager is doing evil stuff towards the Queen. But it won't prove anything to save Sowoon from the one she's initially framed with.

 

Yi Kyu wanted to use the evidence to finally get rid of Queen Dowager for good, but Haseon won't allow Sowoon to not be saved. Hence he made a deal with the Queen Dowager so that Sowoon can also be saved. What Queen Dowager did is to send off her personal court lady to admit to all the wrongdoings so that Haseon won't reveal what the Queen Dowager did, at the same time, the personal maid also "admitted" to all the crimes that Shin Chisoo and Court Lady Kim initially planted for Sowoon.

 

I hope that makes sense... :D

 

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello... I'm a new in this forum, I love this drama when I accidentally watched TCC at my streaming online application :lol:

Anyway... tvN already upload synopsis for this night story but.. in hangul, is there anybody can translate it please https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs4pgu8B9eJ/  

Edited by tsukino7
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tsukino7 said:

Hello... I'm a new in this forum, I love this drama when I accidentally watched TCC at my streaming online application :lol:

Anyway... tvN already upload synopsis for this night story but.. in hangul, is there anybody can translate it please https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs4pgu8B9eJ/  

 

That's not exactly the synopsis, but it's a list of stuff to anticipate for the upcoming ep since from this point on, they are absolutely deviating from the movie version. Not accurately translated hehehe

  1. Haseon officially becoming the king
  2. What the future holds for Yi Heon whose throne has been taken from him
  3. Romance between Sowoon and Haseon is now starting
  4. New character is coming with Joo Hogeol (played by Lee Kyuhan)

As for the synopsis... I kinda read it last week but it's kinda vague in my memory now. It has something to do with Haseon being wounded the same way as Yi Heon's scar and Yi Kyu nurses him. Yi Kyu remembers the time when he dreamed of a new world with Yi Heon. The guard, Mooyoung finds it weird that the King is ill but is not asking for the royal physician. Then there's a scene where Sowoon talks to Haseon about the old times during Yi Heon's crown prince days and Haseon's heart hurts. 

 

EDIT: Welcome to the thread~~ ♥♥♥

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, circulate9oo said:

 

That's not exactly the synopsis, but it's a list of stuff to anticipate for the upcoming ep since from this point on, they are absolutely deviating from the movie version. Not accurately translated hehehe

  1. Haseon officially becoming the king
  2. What the future holds for Yi Heon whose throne has been taken from him
  3. Romance between Sowoon and Haseon is now starting
  4. New character is coming with Joo Hogeol (played by Lee Kyuhan)

As for the synopsis... I kinda read it last week but it's kinda vague in my memory now. It has something to do with Haseon being wounded the same way as Yi Heon's scar and Yi Kyu nurses him. Yi Kyu remembers the time when he dreamed of a new world with Yi Heon. The guard, Mooyoung finds it weird that the King is ill but is not asking for the royal physician. Then there's a scene where Sowoon talks to Haseon about the old times during Yi Heon's crown prince days and Haseon's heart hurts. 

 

EDIT: Welcome to the thread~~ ♥♥♥

 

 

 

ahhh... thank you for the synopsis...

and Yash... as my prediction..  Sowoon had a good times with Yi Heon in the past, don't know when.. whether when Yi Heon as a crown prince or already as a King and I think Yi Heon was a great man when he was a crown prince 

Edited by tsukino7
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I just had some questions, Court Lady Park was the one who buried the cursed item under the Queen's chambers but how did it end up on Seon Hwa Dang? Did I miss it? There was no mention of it, I think

I’m pretty sure Shin Chi Soo purposely poisoned Seon Hwa Dang, and then planted the dolls in her room. There was a quick scene where Lady Kim was meeting with either the physician or another man to get some poisonious plant, and then gave the plant to who I assum is Seon Hwa Dang’s maid. Shin Chi Soo doesn’t know about Lady Park and the Queen Dowager tho, since he was surprised that Lady Park was killed and actually thought that Sowoon may have tried to kill her. 

 

Spoiler

That part I found weird tho. When Lady Kim told SCS about the death of Lady Park, he said “The Queen (killed her)?”. Which is weird since why would Sowoon try to kill Lady Park? SCS and Lady Kim set up the whole incident, and they don’t know about the Dowager Queen... so why would SCS suspect the Queen (even if it was for just a second)? 

 

Although I gotta say, Sowoon isn’t in the best position right now. MIL and Left Minister has it out for her, dad is in exile, Court Lady just got killed, and she doesn’t really have any allies in the court. HS is there for her but she’s gonna be disappointed when she finds out. I don’t know what’s happening from the new stills, but is HS rejecting her? Doubt it. He may have just caught her by surprise bc in the teaser it showed that he was sleeping when she went up to him.

 

EDIT: I’m also lowkey side eyeing TVN for posting 12553248473 clips of MotA and Encounter when the amount of TCC content is dry asf

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part 2 OST is now out! "That Day, We" by Baekho of NU'EST

 

 

@maplinh About the spoiler part.. I think it's just because SCS was quite surprised that somebody else murdered Court Lady Park aside from them so he's just bringing out possibilities since CLP worked for the Queen, so who else would have a motive to kill CLP. Like what if there's something that Sowoon wanted to hide... but turns out it's the Queen Dowager who actually had something to hide (which is unknown to them that time).

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, circulate9oo said:

 

 

 

@maplinh About the spoiler part.. I think it's just because SCS was quite surprised that somebody else murdered Court Lady Park aside from them so he's just bringing out possibilities since CLP worked for the Queen, so who else would have a motive to kill CLP. Like what if there's something that Sowoon wanted to hide... but turns out it's the Queen Dowager who actually had something to hide (which is unknown to them that time).

Yeah, I was overthinking that. I really need some sleep 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@circulate9oo @maplinh I too understand that Shin Chi Soo's and the Queen Dowager's are two separate plans, it's just that if Court Lady Park planted the voodoo doll under the Queen's chambers, it means that doll was not found because the voodoo doll plan of Shin Chi Soo's is a different one. There was no mention what happened to that even after the Queen learned a voodoll doll was indeed meant for her..Ha ha..am not sure if I'm making sense, just that part is what confuses me^^. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

@circulate9oo @maplinh I too understand that Shin Chi Soo's and the Queen Dowager's are two separate plans, it's just that if Court Lady Park planted the voodoo doll under the Queen's chambers, it means that doll was not found because the voodoo doll plan of Shin Chi Soo's is a different one. There was no mention what happened to that even after the Queen learned a voodoll doll was indeed meant for her..Ha ha..am not sure if I'm making sense, just that part is what confuses me^^. 

 

She said she performed witchcraft on Sowoon's chambers and has prepared the cursed scroll to be buried afterwards. If the withcraft involved her burying voodoo dolls  (not exactly shown if they were voodoo dolls), there are two possibilities..

- it will probably end without knowing what happened to the doll, maybe Sowoon had her place checked but not shown in the camera. It's been revealed she got cursed so it could be ordered to be checked up.

- it will be brought up in the future as evidence against Queen Dowager. After all, the letter Haseon gave the QD is forged. The original still exists.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...