Quantcast

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Jillia

I'll explain the whole deal with the voodoo dolls and stuff and who's working for who~ :D

• The voodoo dolls for Seon Hwa Dang and her getting poisoned are all done by Shin Chisoo through Court Lady Kim (aka the King's personal maid). They really poisoned SHD because she is actually not a good liar.
  • Court Lady Park (aka Sowoon's personal maid) is actually the Queen Dowager's underling. She's the one giving the Queen flower tea from Queen Dowager and cursed her secretly in return for Queen Dowager's payment.
  • Shin Chisoo and Court Lady Kim are not on the same team as Queen Dowager and Court Lady Park. They are not aware of one another's plans.
  • Shin Chisoo tried to poison Seon Hwadang and plant voodoo dolls in order to frame Sowoon. They made fake accusations towards Court Lady Park in order to dethrone Sowoon.
  • As it turns out, Court Lady Park is INDEED guilty of those accusations but not towards Seon Hwadang, but actually Sowoon, since she is paid by Queen Dowager.
  • Court Lady Kim is supposed to poison Court Lady Park as per Shin Chisoo's orders (to make Sowoon look guilty), but Queen Dowager's court lady poisoned Court Lady Park first. Because they don't want the curses they've done to Sowoon to be revealed.
  • That's why Shin Chisoo said, he set out a bait for a rabbit (aka Sowoon), but got a fox (aka Queen Dowager) instead.

There are 2 crimes:

• The one done by Shin Chisoo and Court Lady Kim to frame Sowoon (poisoning Seon Hwadang and planting voodoo dolls)
  • The one done by Queen Dowager with Court Lady Park (cursing Sowoon).

The evidence gotten by Aeyoung (aka Sowoon's maid) will prove that the Queen Dowager is doing evil stuff towards the Queen. But it won't prove anything to save Sowoon from the one she's initially framed with.

Yi Kyu wanted to use the evidence to finally get rid of Queen Dowager for good, but Haseon won't allow Sowoon to not be saved. Hence he made a deal with the Queen Dowager so that Sowoon can also be saved. What Queen Dowager did is to send off her personal court lady to admit to all the wrongdoings so that Haseon won't reveal what the Queen Dowager did, at the same time, the personal maid also "admitted" to all the crimes that Shin Chisoo and Court Lady Kim initially planted for Sowoon.

I hope that makes sense... :D

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, tsukino7 said:

Hello... I'm a new in this forum, I love this drama when I accidentally watched TCC at my streaming online application :lol:

Anyway... tvN already upload synopsis for this night story but.. in hangul, is there anybody can translate it please https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs4pgu8B9eJ/  

That's not exactly the synopsis, but it's a list of stuff to anticipate for the upcoming ep since from this point on, they are absolutely deviating from the movie version. Not accurately translated hehehe

1. Haseon officially becoming the king
  2. What the future holds for Yi Heon whose throne has been taken from him
  3. Romance between Sowoon and Haseon is now starting
  4. New character is coming with Joo Hogeol (played by Lee Kyuhan)

As for the synopsis... I kinda read it last week but it's kinda vague in my memory now. It has something to do with Haseon being wounded the same way as Yi Heon's scar and Yi Kyu nurses him. Yi Kyu remembers the time when he dreamed of a new world with Yi Heon. The guard, Mooyoung finds it weird that the King is ill but is not asking for the royal physician. Then there's a scene where Sowoon talks to Haseon about the old times during Yi Heon's crown prince days and Haseon's heart hurts. 

EDIT: Welcome to the thread~~ ♥♥♥

15 minutes ago, circulate9oo said:

That's not exactly the synopsis, but it's a list of stuff to anticipate for the upcoming ep since from this point on, they are absolutely deviating from the movie version. Not accurately translated hehehe

1. Haseon officially becoming the king
  2. What the future holds for Yi Heon whose throne has been taken from him
  3. Romance between Sowoon and Haseon is now starting
  4. New character is coming with Joo Hogeol (played by Lee Kyuhan)

As for the synopsis... I kinda read it last week but it's kinda vague in my memory now. It has something to do with Haseon being wounded the same way as Yi Heon's scar and Yi Kyu nurses him. Yi Kyu remembers the time when he dreamed of a new world with Yi Heon. The guard, Mooyoung finds it weird that the King is ill but is not asking for the royal physician. Then there's a scene where Sowoon talks to Haseon about the old times during Yi Heon's crown prince days and Haseon's heart hurts. 

EDIT: Welcome to the thread~~ ♥♥♥

ahhh... thank you for the synopsis...

and Yash... as my prediction..  Sowoon had a good times with Yi Heon in the past, don't know when.. whether when Yi Heon as a crown prince or already as a King and I think Yi Heon was a great man when he was a crown prince 

5 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

I just had some questions, Court Lady Park was the one who buried the cursed item under the Queen's chambers but how did it end up on Seon Hwa Dang? Did I miss it? There was no mention of it, I think

I’m pretty sure Shin Chi Soo purposely poisoned Seon Hwa Dang, and then planted the dolls in her room. There was a quick scene where Lady Kim was meeting with either the physician or another man to get some poisonious plant, and then gave the plant to who I assum is Seon Hwa Dang’s maid. Shin Chi Soo doesn’t know about Lady Park and the Queen Dowager tho, since he was surprised that Lady Park was killed and actually thought that Sowoon may have tried to kill her. 

Spoiler

That part I found weird tho. When Lady Kim told SCS about the death of Lady Park, he said “The Queen (killed her)?”. Which is weird since why would Sowoon try to kill Lady Park? SCS and Lady Kim set up the whole incident, and they don’t know about the Dowager Queen... so why would SCS suspect the Queen (even if it was for just a second)? 

Although I gotta say, Sowoon isn’t in the best position right now. MIL and Left Minister has it out for her, dad is in exile, Court Lady just got killed, and she doesn’t really have any allies in the court. HS is there for her but she’s gonna be disappointed when she finds out. I don’t know what’s happening from the new stills, but is HS rejecting her? Doubt it. He may have just caught her by surprise bc in the teaser it showed that he was sleeping when she went up to him.

EDIT: I’m also lowkey side eyeing TVN for posting 12553248473 clips of MotA and Encounter when the amount of TCC content is dry asf

Part 2 OST is now out! "That Day, We" by Baekho of NU'EST

@maplinh About the spoiler part.. I think it's just because SCS was quite surprised that somebody else murdered Court Lady Park aside from them so he's just bringing out possibilities since CLP worked for the Queen, so who else would have a motive to kill CLP. Like what if there's something that Sowoon wanted to hide... but turns out it's the Queen Dowager who actually had something to hide (which is unknown to them that time).

9 minutes ago, circulate9oo said:

@maplinh About the spoiler part.. I think it's just because SCS was quite surprised that somebody else murdered Court Lady Park aside from them so he's just bringing out possibilities since CLP worked for the Queen, so who else would have a motive to kill CLP. Like what if there's something that Sowoon wanted to hide... but turns out it's the Queen Dowager who actually had something to hide (which is unknown to them that time).

Yeah, I was overthinking that. I really need some sleep 

@circulate9oo @maplinh I too understand that Shin Chi Soo's and the Queen Dowager's are two separate plans, it's just that if Court Lady Park planted the voodoo doll under the Queen's chambers, it means that doll was not found because the voodoo doll plan of Shin Chi Soo's is a different one. There was no mention what happened to that even after the Queen learned a voodoll doll was indeed meant for her..Ha ha..am not sure if I'm making sense, just that part is what confuses me^^. 

33 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

@circulate9oo @maplinh I too understand that Shin Chi Soo's and the Queen Dowager's are two separate plans, it's just that if Court Lady Park planted the voodoo doll under the Queen's chambers, it means that doll was not found because the voodoo doll plan of Shin Chi Soo's is a different one. There was no mention what happened to that even after the Queen learned a voodoll doll was indeed meant for her..Ha ha..am not sure if I'm making sense, just that part is what confuses me^^. 

She said she performed witchcraft on Sowoon's chambers and has prepared the cursed scroll to be buried afterwards. If the withcraft involved her burying voodoo dolls  (not exactly shown if they were voodoo dolls), there are two possibilities..

- it will probably end without knowing what happened to the doll, maybe Sowoon had her place checked but not shown in the camera. It's been revealed she got cursed so it could be ordered to be checked up.

- it will be brought up in the future as evidence against Queen Dowager. After all, the letter Haseon gave the QD is forged. The original still exists.

39 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

Btw, no one's streaming? :D

OMG!!!!..I just saw the clips! :D:wub::kiss_wink:

I DID! OMG OMG OMG

Spoiler

SHE KISSED HASEON KSJGHFDKJGHSKJGHKJSG MY SHIP IS SAILING WHAT WILL MY POOR SHIPPER HEART DO WHEN SHE FINDS OUT KFGHFDKJGHSKJGHKJFGHDJFGHJFHG

Okay but Hogeol though?? Is he dead?? He can't be right?? D: He's such a funny and likable character too! T_T

And Haseon saying, "I'm born with it." again~ Is that his tagline now? <3

@circulate9oo I know right...ha ha..I see, I haven't seen the episode yet, will wait until the subs are out^^.

@triplem Preview seems confusing to me, not sure if that is indeed LH or maybe just an illusion perhaps. Sometimes previews can be misleading as well..ha ha..perhaps if someone can translate the preview, maybe we can understand the gist of it. I only understand HS ? talking "if this is a dream" or something and that "You Fool" by the King's voice.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

oh myyyyy goshhhhh......they can't do this to me....my mind is like all over the place  ...squeals....:love:

so scared at the same time cause he ain't LH...but her she's completely fallen for him

@circulate9oo @lightbringer Why is he running away with her in the preview..and is that LH that she will spot?

Felicitation for the guy who use Sérénade as the background music...it's just perfect !

piano or violon....

I could only watch half the episode tonight, but it made me sad to think again what a kind person LH used to be. Despite being mortally afraid of insects (must have been before he got too afraid of being assassinated to see straight), he went and caught a cricket for his wife when he saw that she was so nervous she couldn't sleep in the first days of their marriage, because he hoped she would sleep better if she could listen to the calming sounds the cricket made. It shows us that he was not only caring, but also observant, and put the need of others before his own. It makes me sad to think what must have happened to make him lose hope, to lose sight of everything that was once important to him, to so completely fall into despair that he became the person we see now in the drama...

Spoiler

As far as I know, at the end of the movie that had come before the creation of a drama, the true king would return to the throne from the fake king by killing? If so, it will look too cruel. Hope that the writer will not do that Because the fake king has a poor life Sometimes I watch many plays in the final ending of the story. Always makes me sad about it :bawling:

The rating is good.:thumbsup:

Untitled.png

https://twitter.com/kdrama_news

• Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Archived