Quantcast

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Jillia

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL at Jingoo teasing Choi Kyujin (Shin Yigyum actor) for having bad stamina when they were running at the mountain. XD He said, it's because doesn't CKJ exercise and CKJ said,  it's because it's winter and YJG told the camera that CKJ hasn't had a day where he ran like this for 1 year and CKJ said he's lying. 

And that scene where Haseon faints after getting stabbed and Yi Kyu catches him lol. Director was like, "Omona, that's beautiful!" And when they finish the scene, she said, "You two must be dating." LMAO

6 hours ago, triplem said:

Haha . We’re on the same ship ..let’s prepare our hearts - right now she’s falling for the “king” , so that’s bound to lead to conflict 

Certainly there is a huge elephant in the room right now with SW still being unaware of the kings true identity. That is also the big reservation many viewers having when wanting to ship these two. Personally, after seeing how easily the king said to kill SWs dad and abandon her at the palace to the evil court lady and his vengeful mother while he sinks deeper in his drug addiction as well as the countless consorts and concubines he has (yeah I get kings always had a pseudo harem, but was it always as big as this? And way to pick your women LH, they are all after the queen instead of being on your side with pure intentions) makes it really hard for me to even ship him with her.

We had the flashback of the scene on the night of their wedding where he shows a side to him that could possibly make me go on the fence about him being a completely bad guy. One does have to wonder what changed him, his dads death? His brothers? I think maybe even the harem thing was because it started with the ministers suggesting he bed another woman because the queen wasn’t getting pregnant. Maybe thinking of the best for the king and country, she agreed and that offended the king (like when she gave talisman to girl). Whatever it may have been, it still doesn’t justify how he doesn’t deserve SW.

HS has never grown up with the kind of power YH had and still was able to protect her in a way I don’t think YH ever has since they’ve been married. So I think when she does find out and things come into perspective, she will certainly be on HS’s side and continue to trust him (he saved her father’s life, her life from the court lady fiasco, and has been a major support to her throughout these difficulties). I ship it so bad!! *lets out maniac michoso fan girl screams*

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

So it's safe to assume then that they did consummate their marriage, I mean, it would be impossible not to, right? (wink wink) Given that they have known each other for a long time, it's pretty clear they do love (?) each other as well. But I am also onboard with you, @philosophie, ha ha..my wishful thinking says I want HS to be her first :wub:.

Can't wait to watch episodes 3 and 4 tonight! I resisted watching it yesterday so that I can watch it at once. It seems we have some great episodes this week. I'm so happy about the ratings! :D

Haha I know right a girl can only hope! One does have to wonder though what started the king to suddenly build up this harem when plot twist his heart has always been with the queen.

oh I totally have to throw this theory out. Its probably a long shot since HS has given no indication that he has known the queen in the past (unless he doesn’t recognize her or she was wearing a mask or hiding her appearance of some sort) but what if HS was who SW met first before the king? Like they had interacted once and she had fallen for him, excited to find out he happened to be the very person she was betrothed to without knowing they’re two separate people? So it was acutely HS she had fallen in love with first thinking it was the crown prince?? It could also explain why she doesn’t have a sneaking suspicion yet that the king is acting differently...I mean they were together all these years and he doesn’t seem like he has changed at all? That has confused me a little.

Using Gwanghae only as an example (since the characters have been changed in this drama and all), his harem actually had 15 ladies in it. I'm actually relieved they showed more concubines this episode, because it's more realistic that way. Building up a huge harem is kind of a requirement to secure an heir and lots of spares. Although in Yi Heon's case, he doesn't care about having illegitimate children, so it's probably just for formality purposes.

I still believe Sowoon never fell in love with Yi Heon. She married him and respected the man he once was, but nothing more. With Haseon, she's finally starting to learn how love truly feels like and gahhh I wish she'd finally know but at the same time I don't because that would just level up my angst and I'm just so conflicted.

When Haseon saw the Queen smile for the first time and he was so happy to see it, but he knows deep down they cannot be and he sadly says, "Please don't smile." UGH MAH FEELS. T_T

And poor Yi Heon... I hope he can gain his old self back (like the good man he used to be), same with Dallae. :( 

23 minutes ago, circulate9oo said:

When Haseon saw the Queen smile for the first time and he was so happy to see it, but he knows deep down they cannot be and he sadly says, "Please don't smile." UGH MAH FEELS. T_T

And poor Yi Heon... I hope he can gain his old self back (like the good man he used to be), same with Dallae. :( 

He broke me when he said that to her (well kind of to the air). You can sort of tell he deeply cares for her in a way where we could tell he loves her. Despite against all opposition, he brings himself to fight against the Mother Dowager for the Queen and it was insane to even see that character come out (even though he was half directed) to act upon it. He knows that they cannot be and that the Queen is only mistaken him for being the actual Emperor, YH... Kinda sad... He can't even tell her otherwise...

I don't think that YH can ever gain his old self back. He's been drugged over the course of his reigning years by the evil left councillor and the lady working with him. Now that he's no longer drugged, he's hallucinating seeing his dead brother coming back to get him. I hope that he would "escape" and find himself but with this episode and the secretary giving up on the actual Emperor, naming HS "dead," I find that less and less plausible.

I just wanted to take it up here that I really enjoyed HS's thinking when he was alone with YG in the mountains. He had a great chance to stab and kill him (and get away with it because he's the King), but he didn't do that. If it was me... Man... The story would've been so different. But at that moment, HS thought of another plan and I really applaud him there. I wanted to also say whoa to the cinematography and capture of the scene toward the end- man, I felt my heart drop when the camera panned to the mountain edge. Haven't seen a historical drama that's kept me so close to the edge yet so I'm happy I found one and am looking forward to another week with it soon!

@xprosperity Right? The sadness in Haseon's face when he said it broke me into pieces. 

I'm hoping that when Yi Heon and Dallae eventually meet up, they will somehow get to help one another up and slowly recover. I don't think Yi Heon has turned into a hopeless case, but that there's still another path for him to recover his old self, even if not entirely.

Yi Kyu has become desperate. He's hoping for a new world, reforming the government and all but the King that he's hoping to build it with is currently incapable. And it's not like he can wait for Yi Heon to get back to his senses, Shin Chisoo is gaining more and more power. He has to take drastic measures and he sees great potential in Haseon.

That Ep 4 ending scene WAS SO INTENSE. It took me a good few seconds to realize what Yi Kyu intends to do and when it finally dawned on me... wow. The casting, directing, music, writing, everything is amazing! The ratings are so well-deserved and I hope it continues to go up!

4 hours ago, philosophie said:

Haha I know right a girl can only hope! One does have to wonder though what started the king to suddenly build up this harem when plot twist his heart has always been with the queen.

oh I totally have to throw this theory out. Its probably a long shot since HS has given no indication that he has known the queen in the past (unless he doesn’t recognize her or she was wearing a mask or hiding her appearance of some sort) but what if HS was who SW met first before the king? Like they had interacted once and she had fallen for him, excited to find out he happened to be the very person she was betrothed to without knowing they’re two separate people? So it was acutely HS she had fallen in love with first thinking it was the crown prince?? It could also explain why she doesn’t have a sneaking suspicion yet that the king is acting differently...I mean they were together all these years and he doesn’t seem like he has changed at all? That has confused me a little.

True!^^ I'm not quite familiar with royal stuff, but I believe a King tends to have concubines to maintain and ensure their royal blood, you know, in case the Queen perhaps cannot bear them a son?, things like that. I don't know, I'm just basing it from a lot of dramas I've watched and not sure how true it is in reality or history.

I love your theory, ha ha. Because there is still that question, are HS and LH simply just alike in appearance, or there's more to it?  I concur with all the comments saying how could SW possibly not even suspect HS. She should be very keen with HS actions/mannerisms, unless the King is exactly just like HS at one point before he became who is now. As of now, LH isn't no longer redeemable in my eyes, he has to do something really big or perhaps if we could get a glimpse of his backstory, I might change my mind. But right now, I'm all for HS, since he's the main character anyway^^. The romance plot is already moving, and it's not gonna be very smooth one for HS. 

But.... but I like  LH. I want story focus on him and scenes. :(

The first two episodes we saw how he was mentally and mad paranoid king that he was. To focus more on HS.. SO is it just gonna be like that? Like LH story on the background.  He is still redeemable in my eyes. It's the people around him that makes him like that. He suffers inside. I wish  writers can focus on LH too. 

@jongski

Me too! I feel so sorry for him and cannot believe that his minister is giving up on him just like that! From what he said to the monk the two of them go way back and probably have saved each other's lives multiple times in the past. Now that he's breaking under the pressure, but has access to a brief respite, will he abandon LH just like that and act as if he's dead?

anneyong chingu dheul..

WOW.... what an amazing drama.... this is one of the best one I have seen so far.. everything is just so amazing well placed.. perfectly blended... the plot story.. the chemistry... the music background... the lighting is super well done I can sense the emotion and the weight of every scene with it... overall I am still amazed on how this drama grown better and better...

Spoiler

now that the clown will be crowned... I’m so exciting to await for the further development... so many things I wish to know... because in the movie, the real King returned and rule again...

Yeo Jin Go is really mesmerised me with his overflown acting talent.. he plays two absolutely different characters and nailed it big time! this young man will grant us many good dramas in the future.. 

love the soft pastel colors the beautiful queen wears... it portrays her self so perfectly... it’s to stay strong and bright in any given circumstances... the life in that kind of ‘ambiance’ must have been feel like an endless battle of survival... nobody to trust even your own lifetime assistant stabbed your back...

ughhh I just can’t with all the scams and traps..

now that HS is the real king, I pressumed the real one died? we will see how it’s unfolded next week... never been this anxious of waiting before...... 

I had a thought before but I didn't say that the drama's story may be different than the movie's.

Spoiler

Btw in the movie Gwanghae, there's 10% the true history and 90% is fiction.... there never was ......a clown !

So I think the writer will change the story; like in A korean odissey... the munk is a woman and

fell in love with... Wu Kong hahahaha ! 

I had a thought that they will do this drama like the movie " The man in iron mask"with Leonardo DiCaprio

.... it talked about the King of France, Louis 14, nickname " Le Roi Soleil'. In the movie, King Louis 14 had a twin ,

imprisioned by the King with an iron mask bc the King doesn't want people seeing his face...his twin.right !

In the movie, the "first" King Louis 14 is cruel, womaniser man, tyran.....alike Lee Hoon, the real.

While his twin named Philipe is very kind, human, nice... the opposite ! So, in the end d"Artagnan and

the 3 musketeers capted Louis, imprisionned him with.....the iron mask. They made Philipe becoming 

King. So why, King Louis 14 was  very wellknown.In french history, King Louid 14 never had a twin.

And the worst is... they made The Queen was in love with d"Artagnan and had the twin with him.

So; King Louis 14 isn't the real heir hahahahaha !

What imagination !!

So in this drama, I think Chief secretary is desperate in seeing Lee Hoon become insane, uncurable...

maybe, he will make Ha Soon become...King . 

Because, in korean history, King Gwanghae was deposed in coup d'etat, he didn't have a royal maussoleum

as others King Taejo or Sejong ! So  they make this story to explain why .... bc he was not the real

royal blood !

Now, they make some historical sageuk but they change a little the stoty. Like Prince Sado, he was the

very bad guy in the history but in drama ' Secret door', they made him as a hero !

So... it's just my thought, we'll see what'll happen after car when I saw Lee Hoon stabbed his ear;

I think he won't come back...he's uncurable haizzzz

Finally caught up with it. Daebak, first Saguek drama that I haven't fast forwarded lol:D. YJG nailed both the role of the king and the clown perfectly. Everyone is doing an excellent job and I hope it continues to stay the same. This is gonna be a long post so bear with me lol.

Poor LH. Even HS who was in the palace for several day is changing; I can't imagine how LH was holding up until now:tears:. Those as'''''''les have absolutely ruined him with the daily drugs and I'm not sure how he is going to recover from that. The hallucinations are getting worse and not to mention the guilt of killing his little brother is eating him alive. And where the hell was the Secretary Chief when his king was been fed drugs to that point?:crazy:. Now that he knows his condition is really serious, I hope he at least removes stuff that are harmful from the room so that LH doesn't harm himself again. He may have decided to pass HS as the real king but I hope he doesn't really give up on LH.

HS is really adapting to the palace life and I can't wait until he bring changes within the palace. Now that SC Lee decided to make him the real king, the real trouble and the cleaning up will start. But wait until SC Lee finds out what he did while he was away with the Queen Dowager and the Queen situation. He is gonna wish he did throw him from the cliff lol:lol:. I want those funny scenes from episode 2 back again. However, I wonder if he will ever go back to his sister and uncle after this or at least visit them. After all Secretary Chief Lee decided to make him the real king and his limit to the outside world will be restricted. His little sister really needs him there:tears:.

When the Queen smiled at him at the end; like HS, I was sad because he knows that he is not the real one and that smile wasn't meant for him. I hope she finds out the truth as soon as possible because I want her to realise that her real husband is long gone and broken and isn't what he used to be anymore. LH may have been a bad king to his people but at least he loved his wife sincerely.

The Queen Dowager is trying to kill the wrong guy. It seems like she forgotten her father was framed and brutally murdered by the left state Shin which led to her son being killed as well so she should get rid off him first because poisoning the king or cursing the Queen is not gonna do her any good. For example this accident, if the real LH was there, she would have been already dead after messing with the Queen. Not to mention, the real king is already guilt ridden and hallucinating her son already to the point of self-harm so at least half of her revenge is done which she doesn't know about it yet. 

Sorry for the long post. I can't wait until Monday comes lol. 

!!!!!!!

57 minutes ago, lu09 said:

. LH may have been a bad king to his people but at least he loved his wife sincerely. 

Well, bad due to the ones surrounding him plus there's got to be back story why he turned out that way.

34 minutes ago, jongski said:

!!!!!!!

Well, bad due to the ones surrounding him plus there's got to be back story why he turned out that way.

True and that's what makes me mad because they ruined a decent person who was smart according to the left state Shin. I hate to say this but these villians are really smart to cook up something like this:crazy:. They indeed ruined him:tears:.

My sister and I just finished watching episodes 3 and 4, and man I love the story how it unfolds still keeping me on my toes with excitement! I’m glad that HS is being expose in the real deal in the palace and I like how he express his mind to Sec. Lee about what should they do and not, even sec lee is waivering with his words. I ship HS and the queen, they deserve each other; but on the other note I was just shocked how many concubine the king has!!! And the queen was like, ok I’m your leader here I will give you reward if you serve the king.... but honestly I don’t really like idea that it’s like the ladies is just treated like an “object” on the time and they have to right or whatever. Sometimes I want to slap the Queen hard and take ownership of her man, but let us see in the flow of the story when she will fall in love with HS, she will claim her man all for herself! Hahaha girl protect your man! 

Anyway I still love the tandem of eunuch and HS, I find it sweet and loyal that the personal eunuch treats HS like a real king. 

Now that HS will become a real king, I hope his integrity will stay intact and not be influenced with people in the palace, I just laugh at the face of the left minister about staying loyal to the king, I just wanted to punch his face and good thing HS gave him a nice one! 

Regarding the real king, I want him to be cure, but please do not go to the palace, his payment for his sins is just he need to live an ordinary life and work hard, so he can start with a clean slate. 

I hope of next week episode we can still feel the excitement and the story should still hold us! What in excite about is that the queen is trying to get close to HS, I hope that she will find out the truth and will love HS as he is not a king.

5 hours ago, philosophie said:

@jongski @rittoo I think we will see LH as much as the other characters and the leads. I’m totally on board with @circulate9oo prediction that LH and HSs little sister DR are gonna meet at the temple and heal each other’s wounds. Maybe even fall in love?:o

I think Dal Rae is way too young for Lee Hun and he looks like her brother, so I think we can erase any romance off the board. :) I think it would be nice though if Dal Rae would help Lee Hun to come back to reality.

They somehow need to solve the problem of Dal Rae being outside the palace in need of her brother who is inside the palace, pretending to be the king.

I'm surprised that many here are surprised about the concubines. I'm so used to watching sageuks and seeing the king with many women it's the last thing I worry about. :D

It was normal back then, not only in Korea but in China, Japan and other Asian countries as well. In China the Emperor even had to choose new concubines. The more women, the more children aka sons = power secured. In Korea however children of concubines have a lower rank and value versus children with the Queen. Hence why Lee Hun wants a legimitate son to be his heir.

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

I think Dal Rae is way too young for Lee Hun and he looks like her brother, so I think we can erase any romance off the board. :) I think it would be nice though if Dal Rae would help Lee Hun to come back to reality.

It would be very creepy if they had a romance but I really hope but hardly dare to hope that they will heal each other. LH seems to have long forgotten what it means to be loved, and also what it means to love. DR misses her older brother and is badl traumatized, LH feels guilty over murdering his younger sibling to the point of going mad with it, if DR and her uncle somehow happen upon LH and mistake him for HS or something, or LH starts caring for the kind people against his reservations, they could each heal each other's psychological wounds. 

But will the writers really give LH the chance to heal and learn to love again? I wish for it but I doubt it.

I'm beginning to think that nobody is reading my posts and recaps :( I said this and no one saw it

• Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Archived