Quantcast

[Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Jillia

5 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Wow Rise TCC rise :w00t::bawling::w00t:

This is fantastic!  Wonderful news for everyone involved with the drama.  Really happy for Yeo Jin Goo as he is an excellent actor but hasn't had the best luck with picking drama projects lately.  He is giving his all to the role and I'm so happy for him that his hard work is paying off :bawling:

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So happy for YJG & the drama :blush:

The Crowned Clown] Ep 3 spoilers, Yeo Jin Goo ♥ Lee Se Young

clown.png

Article: Naver 'The Crowned Clown'  between clown Yeo Jin Goo and Lee Se Young deepens, will she abandon King Yeo Jin Goo? 

1. [+1497,-12]
I'm amazed at Yeo Jin Goo's acting. 

2. [+1203,-16]
Yeo Jin Goo is definitely the best actor in among other actors who are in the 20s... From that voice tone he's born with to his vocalizations, everything is perfect. His emotions are natural too. 

3. [+807,-10]
He's doing two different roles on his own, but both are so distinct from each other that it felt like someone else is doing it. Normally, there are characteristics overlapping when actors take on two roles, but the characters are so different from each other that he really seemed like another person. I enjoy watching Yeo Jin Goo and look forward to Mondays and Tuesdays because of that. 

4. [+566,-8]
I really like that Schubert's Serenade plays whenever the romance parts come up. ㅠㅠㅠ The directing is the best!

5. [+263,-12]
It's interesting!

6. [+155,-1]
There are no acting holes, and even though I know the story, the story developed in a way that it isn't boring. Yeo Jin Goo is taking on two different roles, so there aren't any scenes without him and he has lots of lines. But his eyes and tone changed 180 degrees, that was amazing. I thought he was a different person. 

7. [+124,-1]
I really like it. The supporting cast is perfect too. As expected, acting roles should be given to actors. 

8. [+126,-4] 
I like that they cast any idols as leads for this drama. 

9. [+115,-5]
The queen's acting is good too, and she's pretty. 

more here https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-crowned-clown-ep-3-spoilers-yeo-jin.html?m=1

1 hour ago, kawaiibooty said:

Hi Chinguus! does anybody know the name of the classical music at te ending scene of ep 3? I feel like I heard it somewhere else, it might be an arrangement of a famous piece for the drama so if anybody knows the original one I'll be so thankful!!!!! It was so beautiful and fitted so well with the beautiful scenery and scene! I'm shooketh! 

It's Schubert's Serenade :D

5 hours ago, philosophie said:

fellow theorists unite!!

I screenshotted this in ep 3 in the scene when the queen is given some tea to ‘help her sleep’ and it is then focused on this tea(?) box. Not sure if it’s the designs or the tea itself (like maybe it’s the same kind of drug king smokes in his pipe). Was wondering what you guys thought of this because this detail stuck out to me and I need some input!

I've been reading over at theqoo and saw this thread. Apparently, according to the 3rd reply, it's a contraceptive. Probably why Yi Heon and Sowoon can't have an heir. :( 

New still shots for later's episode!

A post in theqoo taking note of Haseon's tears. The way he cried in front of Yi Kyu is different to the way he cried in front of his sister Dallae. 

InIFnA4nQf.gif

VUfEs70wE6.gif

One comment said how in front of Yi Kyu his tears had rage, while in front of Dallae the way he cried had sadness and a sense of feeling sorry.

T_T

Haven't watched episode 3 yet, but just wondering, did LH and Soo Won consummate their marriage? Judging from episode 1 how SW avoided LH's intimate advances. I wonder what happened to their relationship to what it has become now.

Oooohhh..is it safe to ship HS and SW as early as now?..ha ha..LH and SW is quite a good pair too but I guess I'm leaning towards HS and SW. I just hope they can have a happy ending though. Just the thought of what will come gives me chills! There's gonna be some angst but some fluffy fluffy stuff too, I hope! :wub:

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm a little torn on LH. I think he may have been a good person with good intentions once upon a time, but the drama is currently showing him descending into paranoia and madness. And, while in hiding, instead of finding a measure of peace from the fear of assassination, he's becoming worse, not better, thinking that his dead younger brother has somehow survived and is trying to kill him now. I don't know if there is any way that he'll be able to make his way back to his throne. I think the only way that he might get more screen time versus HS who is the one having to manage the court and everyone is if LS starts having experiences which pull him out of his madness, even if temporarily.

I know what you mean and I fear that he will not improve significantly over the course of the drama. We all know how Gwanghae ended up in history, dethroned and one of only two kings in Joseon history to not have been honored as a king after his death because of how disliked he was by his court and his people. Of course as this is a drama that does not claim to stick to history there is a chance that he might redeem himself and instead of dying he would then actually escape to live a peaceful life, but I don't see much hope for that, because for such a thing to happen to a main character there cannot be another, even more important and loveable character in the drama (HS), they will probably be put into comparison all through the drama and if anything HS would be the one who gets to escape and live a peaceful life after having gotten involved in the dangers and intrigues of politics.

About his fear of his dead brother though, I think that's more because of his opium addiction and his withdrawal. LH did seem like he was intelligent and able of love and now he seems like a completely mad person. I guess being in withdrawal can actually do that to a person so I'm hoping for him to recover somewhat. 

I feel really bad for LH, he was destroyed by his environment and barely has any chance of going back to be the person he used to be. It's not greed that's fuelling him but rather rejection and hatred that he'd been submitted to for an extended period of time. I don't see him getting out of that spiral and that makes me sad. Also the fact that the queen is falling for HS. I expect she will find out eventually and be shocked and angry but get around, I don't think she will decide to be loyal to LH in the end but will side with HS. She and LH used to love each other, and as of now still do, even though they have stopped being able to communicate their feelings in a way that is understandable to the other. What a tragedy.

11 hours ago, circulate9oo said:

It's Schubert's Serenade :D

This actually confuses me because it was used in another very famous drama that I watched many years ago! It keeps reminding me of that drama, might have been Winter Sonata lol

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Haven't watched episode 3 yet, but just wondering, did LH and Soo Won consummate their marriage? Judging from episode 1 how SW avoided LH's intimate advances. I wonder what happened to their relationship to what it has become now.

Nothing like that has ever been addressed outright but there was something that LH said in eps 1 that implies that possibility . He was very angry after the concubine tried to throw herself on him and he discovered the talisman. He barged into SW's chambers and said these lines to her:

- One throws herself at me with a hidden talisman to have a son. Why do you not do anything?You should buy talismans or hire a shaman. If that does not work , you should beg me to build a temple to offer rice too -

So what do you all think about it ? Does it mean they have consumated the marriage but still childless ? Or  never ever consummated their marriage?

----------------------------

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm a little torn on LH. I think he may have been a good person with good intentions once upon a time, but the drama is currently showing him descending into paranoia and madness. And, while in hiding, instead of finding a measure of peace from the fear of assassination, he's becoming worse, not better, thinking that his dead younger brother has somehow survived and is trying to kill him now. I don't know if there is any way that he'll be able to make his way back to his throne. I think the only way that he might get more screen time versus HS who is the one having to manage the court and everyone is if LS starts having experiences which pull him out of his madness, even if temporarily.

At this point , given how much development HS has in the story, I don't have much emotional investment in LH's character. His mental state leaves me wondering if he could ever properly rule the country. Plus once you are hook on something like opium, it is very tough to break free from it. 

I really enjoyed eps 3 - from the confrontation of the ED to the hunt to that final sweet scene of them making wishes at the pond. But I know that it will be a matter of time that HS's cover will be blown. And I know it will break SW's heart to find out that HS is not the king. 

-----------------

And of course it doesn't help that TVN keeps giving us these sweet scenes of them together...first vid was so darn sweet..he kept kicking away the rocks so that she  didn't have to step on them

Gosh look at the sweet smile they give to each other ...sniff..he realises  he cannot fall for her  since he isn't really the king is he? 

I will sink with this ship.....:heartbreak: ,  Isn't this pretty @Jillia:D

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Preview

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Nothing like that has ever been addressed outright but there was something that LH said in eps 1 that implies that possibility . He was very angry after the concubine tried to throw herself on him and he discovered the talisman. He barged into SW's chambers and said these lines to her:

- One throws herself at me with a hidden talisman to have a son. Why do you not do anything?You should buy talismans or hire a shaman. If that does not work , you should beg me to build a temple to offer rice too -

So what do you all think about it ? Does it mean they have consumated the marriage but still childless ? Or  never ever consummated their marriage?

And of course it doesn't help that TVN keeps giving us these sweet scenes of them together...first vid was so darn sweet..he kept kicking away the rocks so that she  didn't have to step on them

Gosh look at the sweet smile they give to each other ...sniff..he realises  he cannot fall for her  since he isn't really the king is he? 

I will sink with this ship.....:heartbreak: ,  Isn't this pretty @Jillia:D

I'm sorry to cut your post, @triplem. :D And this is also a reply to @stroppyse. :D

It was never addressed in the drama but I think they consummated their marriage. When they get married as children they wait until proper age for the marriage to be consummated. I think if this was an issue in the drama they would've addressed it. From what I understand the problem in the drama is that So Woon distanced herself from her husband and apparently for a long while now is not seeking his attention or doesn't want him to visit her to actually get her pregnant with a son, so to speak. That's why she is the one who is actually rejecting him. Because clearly Lee Hun desires So Woon still.

I feel like so far the drama isn't doing a good job to actually show that Lee Hun is redeemable. I understand someone who is addicted, it is difficult to choose the right path, a path without drugs. I think he would see clearly... far away from the court and the paranoia and the drugs and could become a better person.

Let's say even IF Lee Hun and So Woon wouldn't end up together, still there could be a way for him to become the good King Lee Kyu is seeing in him.

Again I find a plot in which Lee Hun is replaced by Ha Seon rather easy. I don't want easy. But in the end I enjoy the drama way too much to complain. And it's only 4 episodes in, so I just wait and see.

I think I can only ship Ha Seon and So Woon if the truth is coming out quickly. It's so unfair to So Woon who believes her husband went through some magical transformation. :)

48 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I'm sorry to cut your post, @triplem. :D And this is also a reply to @stroppyse. :D

It was never addressed in the drama but I think they consummated their marriage. When they get married as children they wait until proper age for the marriage to be consummated. I think if this was an issue in the drama they would've addressed it. From what I understand the problem in the drama is that So Woon distanced herself from her husband and apparently for a long while now is not seeking his attention or doesn't want him to visit her to actually get her pregnant with a son, so to speak. That's why she is the one who is actually rejecting him. Because clearly Lee Hun desires So Woon still.

I feel like so far the drama isn't doing a good job to actually show that Lee Hun is redeemable. I understand someone who is addicted, it is difficult to choose the right path, a path without drugs. I think he would see clearly... far away from the court and the paranoia and the drugs and could become a better person.

Let's say even IF Lee Hun and So Woon wouldn't end up together, still there could be a way for him to become the good King Lee Kyu is seeing in him.

Again I find a plot in which Lee Hun is replaced by Ha Seon rather easy. I don't want easy. But in the end I enjoy the drama way too much to complain. And it's only 4 episodes in, so I just wait and see.

I think I can only ship Ha Seon and So Woon if the truth is coming out quickly. It's so unfair to So Woon who believes her husband went through some magical transformation. :)

Spoiler

If they follow the movie HS leaves after he was offered to replace king. And apparently king tried to kill him in the end too but he escaped... 

8 hours ago, triplem said:

I would like to think they haven’t consummated yet so that HS can be her first ;) :P but my theory is the formerl they have consummated but she couldn’t conceive because of court lady’s witch craft and poisoning/birth control.

OMG I can't even wait until I've watched the episode completely to vent my frust! What the hell is that evil concubine thinking?

Spoiler

She's lucky it's HS who's pretending to be king right now, if it was LH, I think he might try to off her on the spot. 

For an unliked concubine to dare frame the queen so obviously just because her uncle is in a stronger position! That's such a complete disregard for the power of the king! How dare she challenge LH's authority like that??? But LH must be in no position to care right now even if he knew. What a mess!

Argh, I can hardly take the suspense! This drama is really good so far! The first korean period drama I've watched where the plots are not childish but really evil lol, like a thriller! I hope I won't eat my words later.

So right now we have three fractions vying for the throne.

The king himself and his people (although LH is off somwhere trying to get off opium, against his will no less), HS, the eunuch, the good minister, and people around them who are supportive like the queen and the bodyguard, who are not really that much involved. 

The queen dowager and LH's cousin or something, who are working to overthrow LH and put that guy on the throne. 

The evil minister and his nieces, he "only" wants to take control of the court by gaining LH's favour and eliminating everybody else who is still in his favour, dethrone the queen and put somebody of his family on her position, indirection controlling or at least heavily influencing the king from within (his wife) and without (his most powerful minister).

Each of the three factions could temporarily cooperate and also turn on each other. 

For one faction to do something so obvious where everybody can see it is slightly stupid, but HS and his people are totally groping in the dark while the queen dowager and evil minister seem to know each other's positions.

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

I would like to think they haven’t consummated yet so that HS can be her first ;) :P but my theory is the formerl they have consummated but she couldn’t conceive because of court lady’s witch craft and poisoning/birth control.

Haha . We’re on the same ship ..let’s prepare our hearts - right now she’s falling for the “king” , so that’s bound to lead to conflict 

@JilliaSince the drama is called the crowned clown I wonder If the focus is on HS . Will they follow the movie or history ? 

Thanks @stroppyse for the translations. 

——-

yet to watch eps 4 ...but this got me excited 

Ratings is up ! And comments are fab

0002755106_001_20190115214902232.jpg?w=6
1-8.png?w=663

Naver – Mt: ‘The Crowned Clown’ Yeo Jin Goo had a heated discussion with Kim Sang Kyung “You let your guard down first”

1.[+382, -5] This drama is so fun why aren’t you watching…? ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2.[+135, -1] I hate sageuk dramas but i turned it by accident and i kept on watching it…Oh, i want to watch episode 1,2,3..ㄷㄷㄷ…I’m glad it’s still on it’s fourth episode

3.[+134, -1] It’s fun, Yeo Jin Goo is daebak, let’s go up to 15%

4.[+61, -6] It’s fun, i’m looking forward to it!! it’s like the drama version of ‘Masquerade’ 

5.[+56, -5] Yeo Jin Goo’s acting is better than Lee Byung Hun, the characters are good too.

6.[+48, -1] You are making him a king just like that? The chief royal secretary is genius…he created the same scar and turned him completely into a king

7.[+45, -0] The PD chose really beautiful backgrounds, the lighting is good, the editing is done well, the camera angles are good and the cinematography is to kill for, I’ll have to search her work in the future too

8.[+34, -1] This drama is crazy, it’s so fun. You’re the king of this nation!!

9.[+32, -0] The ending was awesome ㄷㄷ

Ratings:

E03: 8%

E04: 8.9%

Spoiler

OMFG what is even happening!

So obviously I was wrong that the evil minister and the queen dowager knew about each other but now they do I guess. 

I can't even begin to understand what good minister is thinking. Just like I couldn't understand where HS is going with his rashness and naivete. But everything's been running extremely smoothly until now so I'm crossing my fingers the writers keep this up! This might be one of the best kdramas I've ever watched! 

Recap and thoughts under spoiler cut

Spoiler

So many things are happening in this episode!

The scene stops at HS and the queen at the wishing well. The queen stumbles on a pebble and HS proceeds to kick them away in front of her so that she won't stumble again. 

When HS sneaks back into the throne room good minister is waiting for him and mad at him for running around by himself in the palace and also berates him for acting too out of character for LH! HS counters by showing him the head of the arrow that has been shot at him at the royal hunt and accuses him of letting him run into a trap without a warning. Does he want to know that he will be in mortal danger, would that make him feel better? The minister asks him. And HS petulantly said yes.

Good minister then proceeds to give the arrow head to the LH's bodyguard to find out where it came from (later on we find out that he doesn't find where it came from).

HS meanwhile realizes that it's a real problem that he cannot read hanja, so he asks the eunuch to teach him. Eunuch then brings in about 300 books that LH was reading recently (lol) and despite HS's protests that it's too much, starts teaching him hanja with ancient chinese poems lol. (This is where the chinese sub team have taken leave of their senses I think, they actually translated the korean translation of the poems back into colloquial chinese, confusing me completely lol).

After studying for a good while the eunuch starts to doze, so HS also lays down and closes his eyes. He dreams of a memory (or just remembers?) where he and his family where practising at a riverbank. His uncle complains that he's tired and HS teases him for being old. His little sister then pretends to scold him for being disrespectful and says that their uncle has only become so old because he has had to take care of the two of them, which is also the reason why he's unable to find a wife. At this their uncle jumps up with a roar and chases after them, they run along the river laughing. At the present HS opens his eyes and cries because he misses his family, the eunuch wakes up and asks whether he's alright. He begs the eunuch to bring something to the gisaeng so that it can be passed on to his family, but the eunuch almost runs into good minister at the brothel and turns back.

Inside the gisaeng is writing a letter ("I haven't seen you for years and can't help thinking about you etc"), good minister enters her room and tells her to leave it be, how many letters has she sent and never received and answer? The gisaeng is disappointed at him, where have his passion and bravery gone that were so valued by XXX (important person who died)? He answers her cryptically with "That's just how life is, closeness causes pain, and being apart creates longing." I think he's speaking about the person she's been writing to.

We see a brief scene of HS's sister and uncle. She is sitting in bed looking desinterested as he is trying to make her laugh by telling jokes and acting ridiculously, but she doesn't laugh. He then says that he's worried and she really should try to recover before her brother returns. I don't think either of them really believe that HS is going to return since they believe he's gone off to seek revenge from evil minister (which is true). A monk enters their room and it's the same monk that is supposed to take care of LH! Are they living in two rooms of the same place? OMG OMGOMG. He brings them chicken soup which confuses HS's uncle, since monks are not supposed to slaughter animals nor eat them. He asks whether this is not a temple where buddha is being worshipped? And the monk answers yes it is and you are my buddha and leaves. HS's uncle is even more confused. 

I think I know what he means (but I'm not sure). Buddha does not care about details like that, what he cares about is for people to be compassionate and to be happy. By doing that they come closer to him than by trying to follow rigid rules.

Next morning or so, evil concubine and another concubine visit the queen. The other concubine seems to have been a court woman at one point, therefore having a lower standing. Evil concubine doesn't fail to mention it to mock her, but the queen encourages her. The women proceed to drink tea, but evil concubine has barely put a drop in her mouth before choking, she throws herself on the ground and hollars. 

HS is informed of this and hurries to her chambers, where the queen and a royal doctor as well as many servants are gathered. Evil concubine tells HS that she's been feverish and unwell for a few days now, the doctor suspects that she's been poisoned. She then takes out a voodoo doll full of needles out of her cupboards as proof that somebody has been trying to harm her, one of her younger servants tell HS that she's seen the elder servant of the queen burying that doll under a full moon. This is a serious accusation as everybody immediately suspects the queen of being the one behind all this. The servant is incarcerated and tortured.

The queen thinks about asking HS for help but turns back when she's almost at his chambers, but HS sees her and follows her. He tells her that he trusts her, she is touched but then almost immediately sad because she expects there's nothing he can do about it. Earlier good minister told HS that the king usually keeps out of the intrigues of his women because involvement could have negative impacts on him and even on the politics of the country. HS promises the queen to think of something to save her.

It turns out that Kim sangong the evil opium woman and the evil minister have been bribing the doctor to poison the evil concubine (I should really memorize some names...) and also her servants to stage the whole thing. They didn't even tell concubine whatshername because she would have acted terribly. When asked whether he isn't planning to put her onto the queen's place? The evil minister answers that he has a lot of beautiful and obedient nieces that can take that role. He wants the queen's servant to be murdered by poison, btw, because it would seem like the queen did it to shut her up.

Meanwhile the queen dowager sends her own servant to kill the queen's. Just after that HS decides in his unrest to storm to the place where she's incarcerated, but it's already too late. A huge fuss is being made over this, under the leadership of evil minister, the whole court is asking the king to get rid of the queen, as the murder of her servant practically proves that she is the culprit. 

Luckily the queen is a good person and has another, younger servant. She sends her with money to comfort the dead servant's mother, she had once told the queen that her old mother was living all alone. The younger servant arrives at the address they were given but sees a large compound. An elderly woman comes out, supported by servant women, and when she sees her she immediately expects her to be a servant of the queen dowager, which the clever servant does not deny, and gives her some things for the queen dowager.

These things turn out to be a curse against the queen to be buried around her chambers, the letter addressed at the queen dowager explains that now the curse against the queen will be complete and powerful, and asks for more money. 

The queen shows this to HS, who is enraged but also happy, because he expects that this will prove her innocence. But she tells him it's not enough to prove her innocence, only enough to incriminate the queen dowager, and that he should use it for himself. Obviously LH and the queen dowager hate each other and need to get rid of each other, and this is a perfect chance. But it's not like HS gives a youknowwhat about LH lol.

He runs excitedly to good minister and shows him the letter, his first instinct is that they will finally be able to get rid of the queen dowager as well. HS is enraged and yells at him what use it is to be rich and powerful if all their heads are only filled with lowly thoughts? Not one of them is behaving like a human person should! Good minister looks rather in awe at his righteous anger, then remembers himself and says he doesn't need to listen to HS talking, that LH will have to decide this. He tells HS to beware as he is going to bring LH back to the palace the next day.

He arrives at LH's place and sees him sitting quitely on his bed. Thinking he has recovered he comes closer only to discover that LH has stabbed his own ear with a sharp instrument. His little brother keeps whispering in his ears, LH explains in a soft, crazy way, and lies down as if completely detached from the real world. Good minister starts to cry because he can't bear seeing LH like this and doesn't know what to do.

Meanwhile HS cannot wait for LH to come back and compromise the queen, he writes down in hangul what the letter said and storms to the queen's chamber, throwing the curse thing and the letter on her table. He threatens to get rid of her if she does not make the person who killed the queen's servant admit to her crimes openly. The queen refuses but he says he will only give her 4 hours and storms out again.

Later the queen dowager sit with her servant in her room and tells her that she has been her only support after she was married to the late king at the age of 16. She was lucky to give birth to a prince but lost her father, her husband and then her son. Without her servant's support she couldn't have made it through that pain. They are both crying. Her servant then tells her that it's her honor to die for the queen dowager. The queen promises her that once she's gotten her revenge on the king she will openly honor her servant in a ceremony. 

I think it's really important for viewers from different cultures to remember that neither the queen dowager nor LH are in a position to act upon what's right. They are in a position to fight teeth and nail for their survival, it's kill or be killed. Love is a luxury none of them can afford even though they feel it, because having a weakness means death for them.

The servant openly admits to her crimes and the queen is saved, as promised the eunuch gives the queen the evidence (the copied letter) to burn.

Evil minister is happy that the queen has outed herself and asks HS to get rid of her, but HS of course has promised her not to. He gets angry at evil minister who reminds him that he had once been wonded trying to protect the king and never really recovered from the wound he'd received, but HS couldn't care less. He tells him that he will not incriminate himself by getting rid of his mother and that's that. 

After this incident HS is in the royal garden and sees the queen from afar, she sees him too and smiles brightly at him, just as he had wished at the wishing well. He's really happy but then turns sad, saying "don't smile like that, please" even though she cannot hear him. Obviously HS finally realized that he's falling for her and that she is LH's wife, not his. He turns to walk away, depressed, and the queen doesn't know what's wrong.

Good minister returns and tells HS to put on normal clothes and follow him out of the palace. He brings him to the edge of a high cliff and first threatens to throw him off, then stabs him, but not deep enough to kill him. HS is terrified and distraught while the minister says "HS the clown is now dead, from now on, you are the king of our country."

end of episode

I can't believe that he's actually giving up on LH already! Opium withdrawal takes a while and while it's certainly helpful that HS is getting better at acting as the king it's no reason to think that LH won't come back at all! Who will LH have left if even the last people he loves and trusts - the minister and his queen - have gone over to HS's side? (even though the queen doesn't suspect anything yet).

I'm also super thrilled to see that HS's family and LH seem to live in the same house. I have this really crazy idea of them meeting and bounding in some weird way, healing each other (HS's sister and LH). I'm sure that LH would feel better about his brother in a way if he could come to love a person as a younger sibling. This idea is totally improbable but it would be awesome if they could pull something like this off.

And this is the reason I sometimes don't like to watch a drama before it's ended, because I get all these ideas and am then disappointed when the story turns out differently...

Please read what's under the cut and tell me what you think!

Btw I looked up the poem HS was learning before remembering his family. It's a poem about someone who had to leave home to fight in a war and missed home everyday. The last line that he was learning says "When I left it was only spring, but on my way back home it's already snowing, who can understand my sadness and pain!"

Has anyone seen the film version with Lee Byunghun?

Spoiler

If I remember correctly, in the movie,  the clown’s true identity was discovered by the Queen (Han Hyo Joo) because he did not have the scar on his chest. 

In last night’s episode, the secretary stabbed the clown to give a similar scar. It means the drama is slightly veering away from the film version, right?   

Am hooked to this drama although I already know how it would end.... so I thought. :P

I think it's been implied Yi Heon and Sowoon have consummated their marriage. They've been married since Yi Heon was a Crown Prince and they weren't children back then. And Sowoon also told Yi Heon that if he could be a virtuous king the deities will be moved and grant him an heir, and it's not like they will magically have a child just by Yi Heon being virtuous leader hehehe

@Jillia I think they've decided to focus on Haseon's adjustment in the palace for now rather than going back and forth the two characters. Yi Heon and Dallae are currently in the same temple and it won't take long before the two meet and I could see them developing Yi Heon's character further through that.

@mel22

Spoiler

IIRC, Haseon proved himself to the Queen by knowing where the Queen's birthmark is. The scar was something he ought to prove to the ministers who's trying to oust him, I think? Then when they're finally going to reveal that Haseon has no chest scar, turns out the scar is there which means the King already returned. But I haven't seen the movie in full in quite a while..

I'm not yet done watching with eng subs, I only watched the livestream last night but OMG what en ending! Absolute goosebumps! "The clown Haseon is now dead, you are now this nation's King." WOAH WOAH WOAH.

And I'm looking forward to the new characters that will be introduced next episodes! TCC, please keep this up! I'm sincerely enjoying this drama! Hope the ratings continue to go up and up and up!

So it's safe to assume then that they did consummate their marriage, I mean, it would be impossible not to, right? (wink wink) Given that they have known each other for a long time, it's pretty clear they do love (?) each other as well. But I am also onboard with you, @philosophie, ha ha..my wishful thinking says I want HS to be her first :wub:.

Can't wait to watch episodes 3 and 4 tonight! I resisted watching it yesterday so that I can watch it at once. It seems we have some great episodes this week. I'm so happy about the ratings! :D

• Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] The Crowned Clown/The Man Who Became King, 광해 / 왕이 된 남자

Archived