Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

11 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

at this point i know she is evil but i dont know why.. what is it that she really want? 

Power, my dear.

Power and money are the roots of all evil.

• Like 7

I like tonight's episode. It's a bit slower than previous ones, but still very engaging... esp.the development of Sunny and WB's relationship. I thought it was at a good timing. If it were earlier, it might have felt unnatural, but whatever happened between them so far is in great pacing. Esp.now that WB had given his mother a proper burial, he can finally invest himself in a little romance. 

But I admit I am overwhelmed with the whole revelation of a much wider and deeper connection of all these characters. This writer is good...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Finally, Sunny & Wang Sik are having something!! :wub: I am so happy for them! And I can't wait to see the ending part of today's eps... Sunny held his hand!! :wub: How sweet!!!

And thank you so much, dear @ktcjdrama & @Matilda_Anne for the live recapping!! You guys are amazing!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Hide contents

But Nanny not shaken and firmly asked for another title for Ari.... Gosh, this mother.... :blink:

What title did she ask for?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Power, my dear.

Power and money are the roots of all evil.

sad but true.. she is already powerful and rich but still she wants more..

12 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And thank you so much, dear @ktcjdrama & @Matilda_Anne for the live recapping!! You guys are amazing!

aww ur welcome but @ktcjdrama did it all.. i just wrote some snippets and i dont think it can be considered as recapping lol..  :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Omg! I'm getting excited reading the recaps and comments! Thanks @ktcjdrama and @Matilda_Anne. Looking forward to watch this with subs. Hihi. Need to see more Hyuk. I'm in a SSR phase :sweatingbullets::lol:

ur welcome hihi.. ikr i would totally date ssr in real life lol..  im a sucker for a tall, lean handsome guy lmao.. sadly, he is a married man sobs..  

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Hide contents

Got a stream cut..

Anyway, LH is stucked in a traffic jam. Auction is going on well. Then next is the painting. Suspenseful BGM playing.... WB is on alert. Feeling something is off...

Traffic is opened up especially for the Emperor to go through. LH looks anxious, earlier he warned WB about something's wrong. And so there are bomb detection going on at the auction venue. Next item is the clock from LH's office. WB remembered that the clock was dropped off by Sec.Choi... As Sunny was explaining about the clock, her hand touched it, and she got an electric shock, but she just smilingly dismissed it... WB realized a bomb is inside. He managed to save her at the last minute, but she was unconscious. He carried her as LH arrived, and when LH asked is she okay, WB angrily barked, bikyo (get lost!). LH stunned... WB realized it and said something. LH let it go for the time being.

LH stormed into ED's room, and angrily demanded to ED what she was doing.... ED is taunting him, why do you care about her now... LH said he caused Sunny's mother death,... ED even told him that it isn't the first time that an Empress died because of him... Gosh this mother... :blink: Flashback to when LH was young, ED was very strict with him, and he timidly apologized and promised not to do it again.... back to present, LH said something like he will protect Sunny now. (I'm not sure)

Sunny in her bed sleeping, with WB staying by her side. As he gets up to leave, Sunny caught his hand, telling him that she is afraid. He sat back down and wiped her tears, assuring her that he will be by her side so don't worry. Nice OST playing.... Scene of them at the bed on left side panned out to include the wedding portrait of LH and Sunny by the right side. End of episode....

The romance is sailing, chingus!!! :D

Thanks a million ktcjdrama for the episode summary !! 너무고마습니다!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Live recaps

Hide contents

Back to WB digging for his mother's body with YR watching from afar.

Yeay! Byun got her before she could come any closer or say anything. And it looks like really his mother's body... it's too dark, I can't really make it out.

Sunny and LH's scene from last week. Sunny stayed in the hug, until LH set her to sit, then tried to kiss her. She slapped him. LH said we're husband and wife, and asked to be with her that night. Sunny asked him to leave. He said just to stay a while. Sunny kicked him, lol... then dragged him out... he even whined, and he was kicked the second time, lol... but he actually smiled as he was leaving, saying that it's interesting. Sunny went back to her bed and fumed.

Morning. WB seated somewhere still sad over his mother. Coffin in front. Sunny came and called his name. He just acknowledged him. Then started to punch the ground in anger until his fist bleeding. He apologized to his mother and asked her to be patient and wait. He cried, it must be so cold, you must be so afraid. Sunny took off her scarf and put it inside the coffin saying that it shouldn't be cold now, good bye. WB covered the coffin. (stream cut) Next is Sunny is hugging WB while flashback of what they both went through because of his mother's death.

DS sleeping. WB beside him and called him up. He tried to not cry, and hugged DS. DS told him about having a dream that mother went far away. He's happy because he doesn't know a thing while WB trying to hold his tears. DS saw a royalty pin on his jacket, he likes it, so WB pinned it on DS's shirt.

Next is LH and WB exercising together. He asked what happened to his hand. Then other talks that I missed because the stream cut. LH was informed that Sunny is rejecting the gifts from him. LH is sending her maaaaaaany gifts that Sunny reject out right and asked the servants to bring them back. LH was angry.

I think this will play an important role later on...probably when WB real identity is revealed. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

hehehe finally we get 5 sec of romance~~ not dugun-dugun type of romance, more to ‘i’ll be here for you’ kinda romance... 

well better than nothing right? heeeehee 

so in other words, no forehead kiss, no cheek kiss, no brushing of hands, no sizzling stare, no catching her as she falls and heartbeats running away, no secret smile... no dugun no dugun at all? :cold_sweat:

..... well I guess they both have strong hearts? ....

P.S -- wishing all january babies, happy birthday!

and join us for this event. am curious to see if anyone can come up with empress dignity inspired madness! hahahaha...

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

28 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

ur welcome hihi.. ikr i would totally date ssr in real life lol..  im a sucker for a tall, lean handsome guy lmao.. sadly, he is a married man sobs..  

Haha. Ikr. And he has a great voice to boot. And also awesome basketball skills (i did my research hahaha)

I've watched the episode raw and i dont think Hyuk-Sunny will happen eventhough i kinda want Hyuk and Sunny to work out ehehe #sorrynotsorryicantdislikehyuk

But Hyuk's past wrongdoings are abundant, so i just hope he will end up a good man and protect Sunny regardless she likes him or not. You can do it Hyuk! Be a better man! And protect Sunny unconditionaly. That's the least you can do after the heartbreak you put her through ^_^. If somehow at the end Sunny opens up her heart back for you thats great, but if she doesnt thats ok too~ and if you get to know who Woobin really is, beg for his forgiveness and treat him better or turn yourself in (or better if you admit your wrongdoing earlier and turn yourself in asap). Be a better man Hyuk. I'm rooting for you! Fighting!!!

Ehehehe

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so in other words, no forehead kiss, no cheek kiss, no brushing of hands, no sizzling stare, no catching her as she falls and heartbeats running away, no secret smile... no dugun no dugun at all?

Spoiler

uhm she put plaster on his hand, and he gave her scarf.. can those be considered as dugun-dugun? but he did stare at her when she fixed plaster on his hand but not in a sizzling way.. .so far no kissing.. maybe tomorrow? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

kekeke... @Matilda_Anne, it does not sound much like dugun dugun at all... for dugun, dugun moments, even viewers heartbeats are rapid and we are smiling like idiots at the computer and typing in soompi "omo" love-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361...

random thought... is dugun dugun moments good for our hearts?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I quickly watched the raws waiting for subs (even after i said i was going to wait until this show finished to binge watch the rest, but its so addicting XD)

but....

Spoiler

...Well this new flashback of child Lee Hyuk is just making me convinced, he's not related by blood to either the late Emperor OR Empress Dowager. Again, if I'm wrong, I will take that L, but as it stands...I am in doubt over LH's parentage.

As if getting beaten who knows how many times a day by the Emperor wasn't bad enough, ED decides that it's A-OKAY to traumatize a child by burning a bird...ON FIRE...TO DEATH...WHAT THE WHAT?!

Again, the parents only treated LH like crap, not the other two...just him. For all her 'disowning' Yoon for getting in her way or wanting to use him, in earlier episodes you can clearly see she genuinely misses him. And while she ignores So Jin, I'm pretty dang sure she never treated those two the way she does LH.

I will flip desk if I don't get an in-depth look into the ED's past, I'm very curious to know why and how she's like this?

• Like 7

@dramaninja ~ in that clip you posted, is the PD trying to be ironic? rocky bear and sunny have a moment where he rubs off her tears. sunny, why can't you just scoot and ask him to stretch his feet on the bed, it is big enough.. poor fella is stuck sitting in the chair instead and leaning over her. he will get back pain after a while in that position... but never mind, it is still romantic! ^_^... and then camera pans out and we see the wedding photo on the wall. what is PD trying to do? guilt us? remind us that she is still trapped? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Quick question for everyone, when WB yelled at LH after the bomb, did he use saturi?

If he did, that shows how much SN has come to mean to him. Also, I feel that the last scene where he promises to take care of her was pretty significant. It shows that in a way, she has become one of his inner circle much like DS is. The showing of the wedding picture at the end in my opinion was to show the contrast of the two relationships. The royal picture was cold and flat, where their moment together on the bed was warm and cozy in comparison. Also, one is more stronger than the other, since her relationship with the Emperor has been just for show and not real at all. Where with WS, they have a true meeting of the hearts.

• Like 8

Here are my adjusted predictions:

• Yura will not die by being murdered; she may have a change of heart when she learns what happened to her fiance/baby's daddy. She will be wrecked with guilt and that guilt may lead her tio commit suicide.
  • Empress Suni & Wang Shik will still hate her (Yura), but will have sympathy and ask her to lead a quiet life somewhere else.
  • The Nanny will die a horrible death and the Prime Minister will be deposed.
  • Grand Empress will have the nanny killed for reaching to high.
  • There is NO WAY Yoon is going to allow the Nanny to slip through the cracks and decrown him through the Empress dowager by making Ari the crown princess; the prime minister dissed her; he will start being very suspicious of nanny.
  • Empress Dowager will either commit suicide, be murder by Hyuk, or be committed to the Psych ward that Yura & ex-body guard is located, and lose all of her wealth.
  • Sunni will be torn in her feelings between Wang & Hyuk for the simple reason that Hyuk will let his guard down, tell him about his childhood, his mother, and his prior motivations for his past behavior, he will humbly ask for forgiveness, and then she will find out about the transfusion mishap and be done. Hyuk is going to destroy his mother beyond belief when he learns about her setting up his first wife.
  • I believe that it will be revealed that ED poisoned her husband against Hyuk causing the division and then poisoned her husband because she could not control him as a puppet.
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1