Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Hi @kaoriharang! Nice to see you again. I have to catch up on this week's episodes, so I'm a little behind. And, unfortunately, not sure about the piece of paper you're referring to, though sure that other viewers on this thread will be able to answer your question. Since you say that you've been watching this drama, what do you think thus far?

I think it's a strange mix of makjang with large doses of humor, though some of it is pretty gross (e.g. bathing in human milk?, torture by abrasion of burnt skin with no anesthetic whatsoever?). Still, Hyuk is strangely fascinating to watch, SN is radiant and feisty, and WS is lovely to watch if having a psychotic bent of his own. And, that's only talking about the 3 main characters. Plenty of other weird personalities in this drama as well. I can't decide if I like it or not, but I do find it a compelling watch. I wonder if that says something about me then. :)

Anyway, welcome to the thread. Hope to see you post more here.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Hello,

I am new to this thread

I have been watching this drama but not participating in anything. I am really curious about that piece of paper that was in Grandma's room.

The Emperor saw it, the nanny saw it and Yura saw it as well - does anyone know what is written on that paper?

her will? or something?

also its nice to see some familiar faces here ! @ktcjdrama @stroppyse @dramaninja

Hi chingu!! Long time no see... Glad you now have some time to watch dramas...

I think the letter is formally outlining the things that GED wanted the PM and his team to investigate regarding the happenings within the palace ~ Empress SH's death, Attempted murder on Sunny, LH having Ari, ED's misdeeds with the finances.... She was writing it at the end of ep.16.

• Like 4

So guys, what do you think is the ‘awful smell of flowers’ in the secret room of the garden? Drugs? Dead bodies (was it where the corpse was found in episode 1)?

• Like 5

12 hours ago, juju84 said:

Yes, that's true! It was a very special little moment between them. Please writer-nim keep it up! My poor heart feels a little pacified)

But you would be laughing, chingue. My heart starts fluttering at LH's vulnerability.  These little moments at the end of the episode has left even bigger impression. What a bad fate binds him and Sunni. If only things could have been different, if only...

I wonder is there at least a little chance for him to realize his sins and sincerely feel remorse? That would have been the gratest victory of hers if Sunni would be able to reach out his conscience and remnants of his sanity if by chance there are still any left. Not just punish LH but make him understand.

Seriously though I know what a rotten person LH is but I feel pain and sadness. Another victim of his parents, another ruined life. This is just too sad.

This whole episode had a lot of good meaningful scenes and some new revelations: WS and Sunni, Sunni and princess Ari and ofc Sunni and LH.

p.s. I'm catching up on the posts and I would like to say, guys the writer doesn't try to make LH lovable. Rather she tries to explain why he turned out to be the way he is now. It's not redeeming of him but it's also much more deeper than simply dividing everything into black & white. No one is born evil.

And I guess that's what the writer tries to show. That even love can create a monster if it's twisted.

I'm totally new to this thread but not to this drama! The drama is so symbolic, and I totally agree that it's the little moments at the end (like this newest episode) that made me see how "capable" of love and vulnerable the Emperor is. In some way, he's turned into this monster that he is because he's been manipulated his entire life by his mother. Makes me kind of wonder what would've happened if he truly did die in the accident 10 years ago or if Crown Prince Yoon aka Vincent Lee took over... Guess we wouldn't have the drama...

I think that Lee Hyuk definitely still has SOME sanity left in him though. He's still being his old self here and there, fighting for Sunny's affection and attention against Woo Bin or showing up at Sunny's room and hugging her- which I think he did because he felt alone without another "human" trying to manipulate him or use him. To LH, Sunny is a fresh smell of grass that he couldn't get.

It made me sad to know that the blood that was supposed to save Sunny's mom went to LH, and I think that when that comes to light, Sunny will dislike LH even more (even though it technically really wasn't his choice to get the blood transfusion or not.) LH coming in to Sunny's broadcast and saving the day was also my favorite part must I say, because he may be a monster and a killer, LH showed some type of compassion toward Sunny in a way.

Honestly, I'd love if Jang Na-ra and Shin Sung-rok would starr in another drama. They have amazing chemistry (don't get me wrong, so does Choi Jin-hyuk and Jang Na-ra (side note: how could I forget SSR and CJH's bromance)) I don't know, I'm also super confused as to who to ship sometimes... Sunny and Emperor even though he's a killer/monster/insane? Sunny and Woo Bin? Maybe Woo Bin and the Emperor is the way to go...

19 minutes ago, philosophie said:

So guys, what do you think is the ‘awful smell of flowers’ in the secret room of the garden? Drugs? Dead bodies (was it where the corpse was found in episode 1)?

I thought it was a dead body. Assuming that the corpse from the first episode was Empress So-hyun... (The lighting was really dark in this episode for suspense, I think), I think it may have been her body that smelled like awful flowers. The Mother Empress must've used the overwhelming floral smell to cover the smell of the corpse rotting (maybe that's why she takes such good care of the flower and comes to the garden at such strange times.)

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

i don't normally participate in a drama's forum unless the drama's really really good so here i am! hehe!

1. Woobin & Sunny: gosh wb's getting hotter in each episode and im just wowz by him. like he's so charming, charismatic and hot like ugh damn it. anyway, i'm interested to see what these two are up to in each episode, the way they worked together to create chaos in the palace is just wowz. though i'm still waiting to see them fall for each other cause as much as i wanna see how the revenge plot plays out, i'm all for the romance too. 

2. Lee Hyuk & Sunny: ok i know people are saying he's evil and we shouldn't think of his actions towards Sunny as cute and all, BUT i can't help it??? like ok i know he's crazy. like really crazy, but i kinda love how he's acting very needy towards Sunny?? since we all know that this guy craves for affection and attention, and he doesn't really get it much from his family (nope, psycho mother doesn't count) and the last time he experienced love was with Sohyun so now that he sees bin and sunny getting closer, i kinda like the jealous side of him. though he prolly haven't realized he's starting to grow some affection for her heh. i can't wait to see their development, will Sunny be the light in his life? hmm. and that last scene tho, of course in dramaworld, there will always be some sort of past connections between the leads heh. 

3. Psycho mother: someone pls give the empress dowager best villain and worst mom award. she makes my jaw drop every episode, like how evil are you that you could come up with such evil plans?! and ugh, her obsession to stay young is making me puke. like, someone like her definitely dabbles in witchcraft and all those occult stuff to try and gain immortality and some youth potion lmao okay anyway. yes, tbh, i actually do hope lee hyuk breaks out from her grasp but... i don't even know if there's a chance of him doing that. he seemed like he'd forever remained her puppet unless our heroine does something heh. 

4. Crown prince & Sunny's sister: enough said, i ship them. the only likeable and pure couple. 

5. Min Yu Ra: this girl has nine lives, she just won't die. but then again, there won't be any drama and fun if she dies so.. and i'm all for woobin's revenge on her. can't wait till they both confront each other and her guilty conscience just gets to her about wangshik and his mom. 

6. Woobin & Sojin: okay their interaction are what makes me laugh all the time like omg. i feel a bit bad for sojin since woobin is in a way deceiving her and "using" her but omg the way she calls him "BIN!!!!" all the time makes me LMAO like OMG!!!

Alright, these are my thoughts for this week eps! Anyone knows if a preview for next week is available? I can't wait!! :D 

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

kekeke... so no one died! our kill count bet stays the same... perhaps, we should have made a bet instead for the number of fake / close deaths instead! :lol:

lets see:  wang shik & sunny in lake, emperor stabbed in neck, wang shik in sea, sunny in cliff, sunny almost falls off crane, sunny getting hit by stone, helro and dad almost burnt, yura getting cement poured on, servant lady getting beaten by empress, yura fakes death with yellow truck, yura almost burns with yellow truck, emperor and his motorbike incident, royal guard who is no longer missing but in mental hospital... did I miss anything?

so about 15 fake/close deaths? ... thats more than our kill count bet! :sweatingbullets:

UPDATED:

so far, 2 villains (Ma pil joo & chief guard) have been killed, 4 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong), miscellaneous people (the royal guard's brother who attempted to kill emperor + 2 or 3 buddies) , all together about 7 or 8 folks? going forward, how many more characters will disappear? 

"the kill count!" bet  sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5? -- @jbeanie1709 

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? -- lmangla @katakwasabi  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @chubby^green^   @booha  @gm4queen

P.S ~ if folks still want to place a bet, do join us!

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

Was it translated as "awful smell" in English? In the Chinese subs, it's just translated as "strong smell" of flowers, so I was actually still imagining fragrant smell instead of pungent smell....

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Was it translated as "awful smell" in English? In the Chinese subs, it's just translated as "strong smell" of flowers, so I was actually still imagining fragrant smell instead of pungent smell....

Hmm my English subs said ‘awful’ instead of ‘strong’ but now I’m wondering what the right translation was because it might hint on what ED is hiding

• Like 6

Just watched eng subbed eps of 27-28!

So, when the incident occurred, there were 3 people visiting granny's room. 1sr one is nanny. But she kept hiding all the time. 2nd one is Lee Hyuk. But he ran away cowardly. 3rd one is mother empress. She's so suspicious. I feel like she stabbed granny at the end of the flashbacks.

And unlike earlier eps, the story is on a great progression now. We got many important clues for the main plot! The late empress So Hyun's dairy, The island on the pic frame & oddly smelled flowers in empress dowager's garden that cause people fall sick. :tears:

And I don't see any significant development of Sunny & Wang Sik's love line.. So I am not shipping them anymore. Since this is a revenge drama, I hope the writer keep this positive vibe ahead till the last ep. And now I am so curious that we have only 10 hours left... So waiting for the next week is the hardest thing to do :mellow:

• Like 14

January 3, 2019

Shin Sung-rok Promotes "The Last Empress"

Source: TV Daily via HanCinema.net

photo1026817.jpg

Shin Sung-rok promoted his drama "The Last Empress" via his social media account. 

He posted a picture on his Instagram on the 3rd saying, "I love mixed coffee".

The picture he posted is of a scene from the SBS drama "The Last Empress" during which Lee Hyeok (Shin Sung-rok) is surprised at the taste of mixed coffee that Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) made for him. 

Shin Sung-rok added, ""The Last Empress" is broadcasting today. Make sure you watch it".

"The Last Empress" on a Roll While "Children of Nobody" Breaks 5%

Source: Chicnews via HanCinema.net

"The Last Empress" is on a roll. 

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the SBS drama "The Last Empress" rated 14% and 16% on the 3rd. The figures increased by 1.5% and 0.2% from the previous episodes. 

MBC "Children of Nobody" rated 4.6% and 5.4% while KBS 2TV special "After The Rain" rated 4.6%.

• Like 6

Spoiler

You know, a thought just occurred to me; but I wonder if Lee Hyuk's motorcycle accident was him, deliberately trying to commit suicide? (that conversation with his mother about how he was prob meant to die that day felt sort of unsettling) He probably realized back then that his mother was going to be a living nightmare and use him to keep power. At first, he'll prob go along with it because anything to have mom's affection and attention is a plus right? But then mother dearest is just as conniving as she always is. Feeling alone, pressured and an outcast, why not just end it? 

I really hope we get more back story on what the heck happened between Empress Dowager and her late husband. I am now becoming more convinced she probably had her husband offed so she could put someone easy to control on that throne.

That's why she's so adamant on keeping a leash on Lee Hyuk because, while she manipulates him by threatening to put his brother on the throne she knows Yoon can't be easily manipulated or threatened. He'll fight her and use his brain to act like a king and dethrone his own mother for being such a monster. 

I mean that flashback of her and Grandmama says a lot about there being some bad blood between them. I said before, there's probably a lot of things that happened that GED regrets she didn't put a stop to. (and hating that her family hid so much crap behind her back and wondering what more there is she isn't aware of) 

Going back to rewatching some scenes you can tell she was just...resigned to accepting her family's bad behavior. Probably why she adored Sunny so much and in the past So Hyun. 

Speaking of So Hyun, I'm wondering if ED also made an arranged marriage between her and Lee Hyuk? From the flashback of their argument, I assume they didn't know each other that well, probably had to know of each other with So Hyun's dad being the head guard and all. LH probably thought she was pretty and she probably showed him some actual kindness for a change that wasn't based on him being royalty. ED being ED could've been against it because anything or anyone LH likes is a slight against her apparently.

Her 'puppet' attempts suicide, ED, probably in panic mode that her one real chance at seizing power is on the fritz allows LH to marry So Hyun. ED just can't have another woman in her way, plots to get rid of the girl (because she did the same with Sunny and history is repeating itself with slight variations...yeah I'll be surprised if this isn't the case) girl eventually learns of the skeletons hiding in ED's closet. ED finds an opportunity to get rid of SH, learns about long time best friend, hires him as SH's guard, Guard probably did like SH as a woman, uses this to provoke LH. 

And either she or the Nanny killed SH and made LH think because he pushed her in the water, he killed his wife. Dude is far gone now. 

I know I'm beating a dead horse but this story is so crazy that if it turns out that LH and Sunny were switched at birth I am going to freaking flip my Suga Honey Ice Tea!

No, I will not let it go until whatever ED's afraid of getting out is revealed! All crazy theories are free game right now until proven otherwise. Let me have my crazy speculations okay? XD

1. LH being emotionally, mentally and physically abused as a child while his siblings weren't treated the same is usually an indicator in melodrama/revenge dramas that the child is either an orphan or one of the parent's love child by someone else or was switched at birth to serve a purpose. There's a few historical dramas i've seen where the Empress will plot to have a child by one of her guards to claim it as the Emperors or she'll steal someone else's son to secure her place as Empress if her biological child turns out to be a girl and she'll discard her own daughter and give the child to someone else to raise if not have the poor thing killed. 

I can't let this go because it's a drama, there are very few I've seen where parents are this outright nasty to their biological children, playing favorites? yea, pitting them against each other to take over their company? of course, being controlling? totally, but it's only towards children that are not their blood that they seem to throw extra vitriol at. 

2. LH and Sunny's mom just so happening to have the same blood type?? (Yea, yea I know, a weak case as this is more than likely used to further show how ill fated these two are meant to be but hey, what's stopping this drama from throwing oh btw, ya'll were switched at birth on top of everything else because ED is a crap mother and a greedy hag)

3. Empress Dowager's snide remarks towards Sunny's deceased mother for not raising her right. *sighs* Oh the IRONY of this would be even more hilarious than it already is. Lady, you're no paragon of motherhood!

4. Parliament's decision to pass the ascension law for females to take the throne./Grandmama's will: If there's one thing that's certain for sure; Lee Hyuk and his mother are going to destroy each other to the bitter end and Sunny would be pivotal of them taking the other down. LH already has leverage by being married to Sunny. Sunny turning out to be ED's daughter is the only way I can think of that would give ED leverage to keep her place and fight against LH (of course it'll be way too late but ED's lust for wealth and status has drove her crazy, we know she is willing to anything to stay in power). 

At the end of whatever happens, I do think Sunny will somehow really inherit the title of Empress. Whether that is by staying married to LH and he gets dethroned or dies, she and lh were switched at birth or the people and parliament decide to make her their last Empress after all the darn tea is spilled, while the nation takes some time to transition itself as a self governing republic. 

...I mean I would totally go for the last option  if I were writing this but que sera sera

Okay, I'm done now making crazy speculations and writing long essays. XD

I write long posts so I put things under cuts...to save on space XD

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hi @kaoriharang! Nice to see you again. I have to catch up on this week's episodes, so I'm a little behind. And, unfortunately, not sure about the piece of paper you're referring to, though sure that other viewers on this thread will be able to answer your question. Since you say that you've been watching this drama, what do you think thus far?

I think it's a strange mix of makjang with large doses of humor, though some of it is pretty gross (e.g. bathing in human milk?, torture by abrasion of burnt skin with no anesthetic whatsoever?). Still, Hyuk is strangely fascinating to watch, SN is radiant and feisty, and WS is lovely to watch if having a psychotic bent of his own. And, that's only talking about the 3 main characters. Plenty of other weird personalities in this drama as well. I can't decide if I like it or not, but I do find it a compelling watch. I wonder if that says something about me then. :)

Anyway, welcome to the thread. Hope to see you post more here.

Hey! Thanks for welcoming me here.
it has been a long time since I last participated on the forum so its nice to be back (sort of ^^)

Hmm, at first I think in the first like 4 episodes, I was a bit weird out because it screamed makjang? Like even with some of the editing and music choice. I think all those gross elements are really to emphasis kind of how out of touch and untouchable the Royal family are? I mean it is amazing how they manage to get away with what they have considering that they are only a constitutional monarchy right? It is a bit insane.

However, I have to admit that the three main characters (WangSik, Sunny and Lee Hyuk) are really an amazing trio - acting wise and chemistry. I have utter faith in JN and CJH as actors. I mean they are really good. The more I watched the more I got hooked haha!

I am really curious like what would happen, what curve ball the writers will throw at us.

I have to admit I am a little bummed the romance is moving soooo slowly.

But I am like you where I am like huh? at one moment and then awesome another :P

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hi chingu!! Long time no see... Glad you now have some time to watch dramas...

I think the letter is formally outlining the things that GED wanted the PM and his team to investigate regarding the happenings within the palace ~ Empress SH's death, Attempted murder on Sunny, LH having Ari, ED's misdeeds with the finances.... She was writing it at the end of ep.16.

HEY!

Well I have been watching just I have had the time or the energy to participate in any threads. Hopefully I will a bit more here.

Sorry for coming so late into the game ^^

Correct me if I am wrong but that paper was eventually taken away by Yura right? So in others words she has that evidence? I think..

I have to admit that even though I really detest Yura the Nanny scares me more. Especially since she has manage to survive in the palace for as long as she has. I am amazed they didnt get rid of her.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, kaoriharang said:

Correct me if I am wrong but that paper was eventually taken away by Yura right? So in others words she has that evidence? I think..

I have to admit that even though I really detest Yura the Nanny scares me more. Especially since she has manage to survive in the palace for as long as she has. I am amazed they didnt get rid of her.

I can't remember whether she actually took it away or not, but the actual damaging evidence, or rather reports, are all in the hand of the Nanny. She intercepted Asst.Hong and took them. And you're right, I also think she is the scariest enemy because she plays her pity role very cleverly in front of different people. Even Sunny still regards her as a victim of the Imperial family. I won't be surprised she is the one who killed GED. Having hidden herself in the room and witnessed LH coming in with the hairpin, then probably also witnessed ED coming in with the poison. So she knew to use those two things to kill GED.

• Like 8

Annyeong everyone

I have been lurking in this thread since this drama started and only occasionally I will join in the spazzing.

Hi @kaoriharang chingu, Welcome! and long time no chat with you in threads.

Anyway I just want to share my thoughts. Since Crown Prince Lee Yoon and Oh Hello are in love, they will be a couple after the kisses. Then I don't think Emperor Lee HyuK and Empress Sunny will get back together. From experience of watching too many Korean dramas, its usually a taboo for the Koreans if 2 sisters married to the same family. If Lee Yoon and Hello are confirmed a couple then there's no hope for Lee Hyuk and Sunny to reunite. I do ship the OTP in this drama which are Sunny and Woo Bin aka Wang Shik but somehow I can't help liking Lee Hyuk with Sunny. Yup I know.....Lee Hyuk is very cruel towards Sunny.....I'm just saying :P

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I can't remember whether she actually took it away or not, but the actual damaging evidence, or rather reports, are all in the hand of the Nanny. She intercepted Asst.Hong and took them. And you're right, I also think she is the scariest enemy because she plays her pity role very cleverly in front of different people. Even Sunny still regards her as a victim of the Imperial family. I won't be surprised she is the one who killed GED. Having hidden herself in the room and witnessed LH coming in with the hairpin, then probably also witnessed ED coming in with the poison. So she knew to use those two things to kill GED.

you are definitely right.

The Nanny has really been playing her cards right. All she wants is the Princess to be Empress and then she wants to have her own rightful place as her mother.

She is like another ED in the making . Scary scary!!

4 minutes ago, alekaonu said:

Annyeong everyone

I have been lurking in this thread since this drama started and only occasionally I will join in the spazzing.

Hi @kaoriharang chingu, Welcome! and long time no chat with you in threads.

Anyway I just want to share my thoughts. Since Crown Prince Lee Yoon and Oh Hello are in love, they will be a couple after the kisses. Then I don't think Emperor Lee HyuK and Empress Sunny will get back together. From experience of watching too many Korean dramas, its usually a taboo for the Koreans if 2 sisters married to the same family. If Lee Yoon and Hello are confirmed a couple then there's no hope for Lee Hyuk and Sunny to reunite. I do ship the OTP in this drama which are Sunny and Woo Bin aka Wang Shik but somehow I can't help liking Lee Hyuk with Sunny. Yup I know.....Lee Hyuk is very cruel towards Sunny.....I'm just saying :P

Hello Chingu!
I didnt realise you were on this thread!

LONG TIME ITS BEEN A LONG TIME - for me at least haha (:

haha I dont think there is anything that Lee Hyuk can do to redeem himself?

I mean even if he does fall in love with Sunny (still unsure about this) I mean I think Sunny realise his character.

He fell in love with her because Yuna is out of the picture already and he is really shaken up and frighten.

• Like 7

I have to consider it as OTP’s first kiss, indirect kiss??  hehe oh well it’s better than nothing.:unamused::yum:

YECISQL.gif

Spoiler

yROSN22.png

NLv7VVJ.jpg

w5fv6zZ.jpg

cr to DC

That former guard, Kang Ju Seung drew this house which seems like the one in the island??

RE6LeJE.gif

pxGrTVM.png

cr to DC

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

why why why :crazy:.......was WB so careless, which has made Min Yu Ra find out that he is Wang Shik ...whae whae whae..!?!?!?....:crazy: 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Hi Everyone!

Loving this drama so much.  I'm personally not a big Shin Sung Ryok fan due to personal reasons (he looks too much like someone IRL that I know that I really, really dislike).  That being said, boy does he nail villain roles.  Seriously, he is awesome in this one.  I do hope that he'll have the chance (unless he already has done so) to do something other than a villain.  If so, I think this drama may help him venture into other areas.  I love the very brief moments of his goofiness, like when he decided that he would "save" Sunny from her fall off the ladder in Wednesday's episode.  Loved that expression on his face.  I also loved his reaction to the mixed coffee.  I normally only put cream in my coffee, but I also have a weakness for mixed coffee.  Something about it.  I loved everything about his reaction to it, from how he tried to taste it like a coffee connoisseur to that moment when he realized that it's delicious to when he kinda of flirted with it.

But, I am getting a little bit frustrated with the makjang elements being introduced.  Particularly, the many risks that CWB is taking.  I know he wants revenge and vengeance and he is literally a ticking time bomb, but he is completely blinded to the risks he poses for others.  It's about more than just him at this point.  There is a whole secret organization of people who have been abused, killed, or hurt by the imperial family and he risks putting all of them, their sacrifices for this "cause" and their mission all for his own personal revenge/vengeance.  In a way, I know that it's making him stay true to his character because NWS seemed hot-headed and not very bright.  However, he underwent some sort of character change in order to discipline and educate himself to become a member of the imperial guard.  So, I wish the drama would be a little tighter on that issue.

Regarding the strong smell in the DW's gardens, I think she is involved in growing plants and manufacturing drugs or poisons with them.  The court lady who ate Sunny's kimbap felt faint and head strong headaches.  I don't think that dead corpses alone would cause that.  Also, I would think that if Empress SH had found corpses in the gardens, then she would have told the Emperor and others about it.  Bc my sense is that she was still a bit naive about how complicit the Emperor is in the DW's crimes.

Finally, AB- blood is rare, but having AB- blood means that the Emperor could have received any blood that is negative, such as O-, A-, B-, and AB-.  If plasma is what he needed, then that would be different because that's the opposite and AB- plasma is indeed rare and can only accept AB- plasma (the universal plasma donor).  Plus, given that he has such a rare blood type, you would think that the palace keeps it in supply for emergencies.  I know, I know, it's all for dramatic effect, but I just wish that these drama writers would research some of these things more clearly.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, booha said:

That former guard, Kang Ju Seung drew this house which seems like the one in the island??

Is that the former guard..? And yes, I too got it that it's the same island on the painting! Thanks for conforming my suspicion, dear.. :wub: Even the guards know about the island! Then what it could be..?! I wonder whether it is related to the former empress So Hyun!

And I must have missed the blood type part completely! So I watched it again. There were certain K-dramas that included AB blood type as a key factor in the plot recently... I hope it's the same reason here as well. AB blood type is very rare. You can receive any other blood type when you have AB... And AB- is highly rare. Then Lee Hyuk only can accept any negative blood from another person. But if he gets any positive blood, his life will put in danger!! So now it's clear, Lee Hyuk has a dark secret that everyone is framing him without knowing himself.. His mother is so cruel. He is the puppet of his own mother!! :o And I sense that his life will depend on his blood type in upcoming eps....

And 10 yrs ago, he somehow received AB- blood to survive. But it seems like the blood was for Sunny's mom out there... :o And she couldn't receive the blood & she lost her life...

• Like 8

On 1/4/2019 at 7:48 AM, philosophie said:

The dungeon is under the garden.

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Is that the former guard..? And yes, I too got it that it's the same island on the painting! Thanks for conforming my suspicion, dear.. :wub: Even the guards know about the island! Then what it could be..?! I wonder whether it is related to the former empress So Hyun!

And I must have missed the blood type part completely! So I watched it again. There were certain K-dramas that included AB blood type as a key factor in the plot recently... I hope it's the same reason here as well. AB blood type is very rare. You can receive any other blood type when you have AB... And AB- is highly rare. Then Lee Hyuk only can accept any negative blood from another person. But if he gets any positive blood, his life will put in danger!! So now it's clear, Lee Hyuk has a dark secret that everyone is framing him without knowing himself.. His mother is so cruel. He is the puppet of his own mother!! :o And I sense that his life will depend on his blood type in upcoming eps....

And 10 yrs ago, he somehow received AB- blood to survive. But it seems like the blood was for Sunny's mom out there... :o And she couldn't receive the blood & she lost her life...

Or Sunny is also AB- and LH will have to repay in exchange for the past.

• Like 7