Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Finished watching with subs. This show deserves the high ratings...

I was cheering along the audience in the theater for Sunny. I think she has finally smarten up. At this point, I'm actually okay if there isn't any love line in the story. I just want to see Sunny bring down the Imperial family!

I think Asst.Hung's death might be a fake out to protect her. Notice that it was CWB who informed the family about the incident. We don't see her actually hanged herself, only her corpse. Byun might have people in the prison to facilitate her being moved out, especially since the Imperial family does not want to have anything to do with her funeral when WB asked how they want to handle it. So we won't see any funeral also. I just can't think of any reason why she would kill herself because staying alive is a better choice to provide any aid to the Empress in the future. I laughed at WB's expression when he heard the reactions from Dowager and MYR about Hung's death. Poor guy, he still can't believe their ruthlessness.... :lol:

Also, since MYR has in possession the same drug that poisoned Grandmama, does it mean she is the killer then? I mean, how would she know what kind of drug/poison that the forensic found out? If it matches, then the one who poisoned Grandmama is her, right?

Must admit that I'm starting to sympathize with LH, knowing his back story. How could he not turned out the way he is now, with a mother like that, and a father like that? Yoon is free from those negativity because all is channeled to the first born, LH... I don't wish for him to fall for Sunny, but I do wish for him to have a chance to be rehabilitated, and redeemed when the show ends.

I am counting on Ari and Soji to be on Sunny's side when she is in the palace. Soji is definitely harmless, Ari... I'm still not sure. That little girl is scary, but I hope Sunny can temper her and guide her well since she said she will take care of her. As for the nanny, she is another piece of madness in the palace, but I love that MYR met her match, mwahahahahaha......

Yeah we feel bad for Hung but I don’t think she will return. I think her death is real. Sunny was ready to put down a white flag and leave with her family. It’s her death which triggered Sunny to cross over the other side.   Still Sunny has to learn a lot more about how to fight against LH/YR/ED and perhaps nanny(?)  

You are right about YR and the poison.  But though we still don’t know who killed GED, it seems trio participated in killing in some ways.  
You are too generous with LH. hehe   He may be abused but the way he became a sickening psycho is just too much.  Maybe he was like that (not so extreme like now) when he was young?   I have a feeling if LH falls in love Sunny it could be a fortune Sunny inherits from GED??  

Haha it seems everyone is impressed by Ari even YR was shocked by her skills.

Wow TLE has been very busy eliminating a lot of those minor characters. :sweatingbullets:

:astonished: 

yjvkj1J.gif

yW7Ecu9.gif

cr to DC

• Like 8

Just finished watching the ep and all I can say is the Emperor woke a sleeping tiger and he is going to pay dearly for messing with her. His WTF face was priceless lol:joy:.

This princess Ari is something else lol. I got goosebumps whenever she opens her mouth and make wicked plans inside her small head. I'm 100 percent sure that she is going to throw her real mom, dad, aunt and grandmom under the bus if she can keep her title. You can see her head calculating and turning when she heard the Will being read lol:sweat_smile:

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

December 21, 2018

Ratings: "The Last Empress" Royally Sets New Record

Source: Xportsnews via HanCinema.net

photo1024096.jpg

"The Last Empress" came in first.

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the SBS drama "The Last Empress" rated 11.4% and 14.5% and broke the record.

Na Wang-sik (Choi Jin-hyuk) earned the trust of Lee Hyeok (Shin Sung-rok) once again.

Min Yoo-ra (Lee Elijah) went to the Queen Mother (Shin Eun-kyung) and asked her to get rid of Seo Kang-hee (Yoon So-yi) and Ah-ri (Oh Ah-rin). "I'll stay loyal to you until I die". However, the Queen Mother refused and Min Yoo-ra knew she was going to regret that decision.

The Queen Mother put out a reward for the capture of Oh Sunny (Jang Nara). At the same time, Oh Sunny was with Mr. Byun (Kim Myung-soo). She managed to avoid inspection and he took her somewhere.

"Children of Nobody" rated 3.6% and 4.7% while "Feel Good To Die" came in last with 2.2%.

"The Last Empress" Jang Nara Reveals Shin Sung-rok's Affair and Daughter

Source: Newsen via HanCinema.net

Spoiler

photo1024114.jpg

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "The Last Empress", just after Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) leaves the police station, she aired the royal dirty laundry on the internet.

Oh Sunny was released from the police thanks to Hong's sacrifice. She made a false statement that it was her that killed the grand empress. As soon as she came out, Oh Sunny released the recording she had gained by planting a bug in the palace.

The Imperial Family turned upside down because of the audio file titled "The Emperor"s Two-faces'. The file had recordings of Lee Hyeok (Shin Sung-rok) and Min Yoo-ra (Lee Elijah) fighting over his out-of-wedlock daughter Ah-ri (Oh Ah-rin). Thanks to the file, everyone knew now about Lee Hyeok's hidden child.

Oh Sunny's sister, Oh Hello (Stephanie Lee) asked if she did it and Oh Sunny said, "This is just the beginning. I am going to reveal what kind of place the Imperial Palace really is".

photo1024115.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely love Ari, the actress who is playing her is sure to win an award. I have always liked the skills of JNR, and think that the duo of Ari and the Empress will be dynamic.  I have a feeling that Yoon will do his best to protect Sunny family.  He seems to have become a defacto member.  Disappointed that we didn't get a preview.  Sunny getting all the financial benefits from GED is so great.  LH will be forced to accept Sunny.  Who will be Sunnys first target?  I say she gets rid of YR, or diminish her power.  So are we to assume that CWB is now the head guard?  If so, then he will be pivotal in helping Sunny.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, booha said:

You are too generous with LH. hehe   He may be abused but the way he became a sickening psycho is just too much.  Maybe he was like that (not so extreme like now) when he was young? 

It's the long standing debate of nature vs. nurture... At first I thought it was just the mother that is a problem, but seeing the revelation of how the father treated him when young, he is a pitiful person.

• Like 6

Hello all here! How are you all? I was sick and that's why away from mobile haha. Finished watching episodes 9-10 and i feel so satisfied when the will was out~it was ultimate way to protect sunny. The character which came out like a star was Princess Ari. She is truly Hyuk's daughter lol. The same traits- obsessed with title; power; cunning and a brilliant actor (loved how she outsmarted YR). Since she heard the will so she sticks to empress for the title. I was reminded of my childhood ~ i never even once thought what is will; money and all. I pity her to be honest for living such a shallow childhood. I already predicted of involvement of all 3 in GED' murder and eventually i was having feeling that hyuk knows everything about CWB. When he never trusted YR; this his overtrust on WB seems suspicious. I guess he wants to get fid of YR somehow because as yoon said that he always got rid of those who knew his truths. Also; that having a heinous childhood doesn't mean even you become like that and destroy others. Both he and his father (the late emperor was under the same assumption:- no one can humiliate them and whatever crimes they commit; they are innocent) and this leads to massacres over years. Sadly; it was real during old empire days. 

I loved the full transformation of sunny from being a pet cat to full fledged tigress. She has taken 1-2 steps now. She really became smarten and after receiving all the shares she will be more strong. I think now is the time to remove YR but it will take time to make her down from the eyes of emperor and other than CWB; Ari is helping alot in this. Nanny not telling about documents to PM seems she wants to get rid of him in the future. Maybe PM is married and sticks to her for the shares or property.

Also; the scenes where LH sees himself in broken mirror symbolises how much he is messed up and broken inside~ he became a total psycho~ running around with guns and poison injections to kill everyone who disobey him. Intresting how tug of war is being played not only b/w good and evil but also evil and more evil (Nanny/YR). Btw; the scene of wicked couple suspecting each other was so satisfying haha.

And I'll try to be more active here lol.

• Like 9

Just watched Eng subbed eps...

OMO! I love Na Ra's short hair! She's really a baby-faced beauty! :wub: And it's now she gets that she's been used by others all the time. And I love that she's not a dumb Lee Hyuk fan anymore like she was before. Now she's the most fav person in the show!! Love her angry attitude! Wang Sik & Byun should continue helping her & I hope they won't betray her!! And I am wondering what will happen when everyone gets to know about Woo Bin's real identity!

And I don't know about you, guys... But I feel that detective guy knows something fishy about the royals that they are framing Sunny for granny's murder case... Lee Hyuk , mother & Yu Ra are digging for each other! Can't wait to see how they react when they get aware of each other's cunning plans...And looks like Ari is gonna be a menace..

And WHAT...??? No preview! This is annoying :cry:

Just forgot... Shin Sung Rok is so cute. But how come he be so ugly as Lee Hyuk..?? It's the real acting! I really want to see him in a hero material someday.. He really has potentials..!! :wub:

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

It's the long standing debate of nature vs. nurture... At first I thought it was just the mother that is a problem, but seeing the revelation of how the father treated him when young, he is a pitiful person.

I don't pity tbh! All he ever thought about succeeding and remain at that throne by all means. Nurture do play a role but then it's a nature too (Min Yu Ra is a classic example). She was brought up in a loving and caring environment and what she did was not less than the emperor's. But i do agree that circumstances play a pivotal role and more that that~ the parents. His parents always supported his younger brother just because he was more smarter. And not only they supported him but beaten hyuk because of bad grades. Because his parents were so ambitious they made him one like that and all that is incomplete if his own nature doesn't add any fuel to it. Nature matters alot. If he wanted; he can do other things and let yoon be the crown prince- must he became one? Yeah- because no one wants to leave that throne- that power and title and money too. He always lived in fear that he will lose his lavish lifestyle and money and place from palace as his mother was never his side from the very start and that like his parents; everyone would look down upon him forever (when he asked CWB the same in practice room). There's no language and cure of fear.

• Like 8

I just watched Jang Bori again, it's one of my favorite dramas.  Since the writer is the one who wrote that one, I suspect that we will see some set backs for YR.  In JB(jang bori) the main dueteragonist, played by Lee Yoo Ri,

Starts to see set backs about 1/3 of the way through the drama. I see YR as the same character as the one played Yoo Ri.  I absolutely hated the character that Yoo Ri played.  I see the similarities between YR and Yoo Ri characters.  Does anyone else see the similar traits between the 2 of them?

• Like 6

The little Ari is an actress to keep an eye on.  Her roles will get bigger and better.  She's awesome.  Whenever I see her, she reminds me of Romantic Teacher Dr Kim!  She looks like a little Dr Kim :D

I am so glad Sonny is no longer a dumb blond!  Would have stopped watching if that continued as I have little patience for ditsy fools :D I just loved the scene where she slapped Lee Hyuk after she returned from the 'dead'.  Awesome!

Yoon not only have the brains that Lee Hyuk lacks.  He also has the conscience, humility and heart! 

• Like 8

The reason why I said maybe LH can get his redemption at the end is because we've been shown some of his inner struggles through some back story. And we see that he found love in Empress SH as well. We haven't seen what actually happened to her which lead to her death, so we don't know LH's involvement yet. Deep down, LH wishes to connect with people. Which is why he chose to trust MYR when she pretended to be willing to sacrifice her life for him. Then he also liked CWB after he allowed him to lash out on him because of his memory of Empress SH and chose to trust him too. Whereas for the Dowager and MYR, we are not given such back story to show they are conflicted in their evil doings. For me, they're just pure evil.

Anyway, this is SSR's best role ever!

• Like 8

Am I the only one liking all the fake relationships between emperor and sunny. I think they look sweet together. At first I thought this drama is about their love line. It's sad they they won't be together and the emperor is beyond devil I think. And all is because the way his dad treat him. His Dad make him evil. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

@ayenzel, I dunno about the Dad made him evil.  Some in that situation would have resolved to be the best they can.  Some brought up with so much love can still do evil.  Ultimately he made his own choices.  Our upbringing and circumstances do play a role but up to a point.  Otherwise none of us should be held accountable for our actions.  We can just blame authority figures, past lives and whatever we can think of! 

I hope writer won't turn him into a mad man and so he is not held responsible for his actions.  I really hate that kind of stupid ending.  

• Like 6

I was laughing like a mad person the last 5 minutes. I was telling myself, this makes no sense at all but I am enjoying it too much. Ari scares me --so sly so young...

I wonder if they filmed some of the scenes a while ago because Choi Jin Hyuk looks really puffy, poor boy.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

This week's episodes were so unbelievable and tensed. I enjoyed every emotion shown. LH indeed had a tough childhood; isn't easy to forget that harsh treatment. But this isn't a reason to act like a crazy man. I think that his madness started after his Empress SH death. I wonder how it's relationship with Sunny will develop furthermore. Maybe his nourished feelings for her will change him and see the real MYR. I am looking forward how Ari will get on Sunny side. About the dead of GED i am so curious who killed her. Every villain in this drama is evil beyond imagination. I can suspect everyone. Therefore SSR plays his role beyond expectation, JNR too.

Addicted to this drama :heart:

• Like 8

there is a bucket load of villains in the palace ... but the ones that get on my nerves are nanny and princess ari. :sweatingbullets:.. maybe because the other villains are interesting or entertaining or sort of funny?...

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Dear @Lmangla - Why don't you do another poll for the current situation of the palace like what happened to late empress?, who killed granny?, what is the reason behind Lee Hyuk's anger?, what would be the future of Ari?, etc....

• Like 9

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Dear @Lmangla - Why don't you do another poll for the current situation of the palace like what happened to late empress?, who killed granny?, what is the reason behind Lee Hyuk's anger?, what would be the future of Ari?, etc....

kekeke... @gm4queen ~ after watching the latest episode, I am kind of zapped by the twists and turns. :sweatingbullets:... so let me see: does anyone else find ari super creepy? like really creepy? that isn't a child! it is a monster in the making. so as for her future, I hope she ends up far away in some foreign country away from our leads. I will throw something if wang shik and sunny end up raising ari as well as dong shik. that is ugh! :angry:.. since we seem to have someone dying in the drama every week or 2, can the writer off ari and nanny? or disappear somehow?...or if the nanny has to be there till longer, can the writer off ari? :vicx:

am curious about what will happen going forward but since this drama is so hard to predict and my brain is rather zapped, it is really difficult to come up with ideas for a poll. :sweatingbullets:... unless we want to do, "who is going to die next in the palace?" and my vote is for ari!

• Like 4
  • LOL 4