Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

i fell asleep and missed the live stream.. will catch up tomorrow..  

i hope cjh had enough screen time on tonight’s ep tho. 

i hv a question, do you guys think cjh will end up with sunny? at this point, i just dont see how the writer’s gonna play the romance part between cjh and sunny...they still hv a lot of work to do to  bring down the empire..are they just gonna push the romance part into last minute thing?  

omo is this gonna be like terius all over again?!! please dont! im still salty from the lack of romance between the OTP.. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i hv a question, do you guys think cjh will end up with sunny? at this point, i just dont see how the writer’s gonna play the romance part between cjh and sunny...they still hv a lot of work to do to  bring down the empire..are they just gonna push the romance part into last minute thing?  

omo is this gonna be like terius all over again?!! please dont! im still salty from the lack of romance between the OTP.. 

I am so concerned about that too... I haven't watched tonight eps. But I think Choi Jin Hyuk has more screen time than past days today! And 10 days down & 14 days to go! We are already half-way through the series... But there's no sign of love yet!! I also don't know whether to ship them or not! :wub:  May be we should keep a low profile on romance part!

• Like 9

I haven't seen the subs yet but I am really curious about what the update on the press conference was about. Seems like it was not good news for the trio of devils.  Perhaps that is why LH is trying to do the image makeover.  It's hard to believe that Sunny could get to LH without WB knowing about it.  I think that LlH will have to take Sunny back because of the public backlash against the imperial family.  Sunny will have more power than the trio can believe.  If Byun is giving Sunny all the support she needs with his organization,  they can make her the people's empress.  Even the nanny and prime minister will have to fall in line if the people side openly with Sunny.  

I still like the idea of Yoon and Sunny.  The righteous emperor and empress.  I sorta like the idea of WB and Princess Song.    Okay,  can someone explain to me why the nanny was in royal morning clothes?  

• Like 7

That ending was kind of expected for me. Sunny was gonna eventually go back to live in the palace. LH still has to fall for her and she still has to fall for CWB. What place would be better for all this to happen? The palace of course. 

@Matilda_Anne Don't worry. We are nowhere near the end yet. There is still some time left for them to fall in love. There probably just won't be any lovey dovey scenes.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, fatherjohnaz said:

I haven't seen the subs yet but I am really curious about what the update on the press conference was about. Seems like it was not good news for the trio of devils.  Perhaps that is why LH is trying to do the image makeover.  It's hard to believe that Sunny could get to LH without WB knowing about it.  I think that LlH will have to take Sunny back because of the public backlash against the imperial family.  Sunny will have more power than the trio can believe.  If Byun is giving Sunny all the support she needs with his organization,  they can make her the people's empress.  Even the nanny and prime minister will have to fall in line if the people side openly with Sunny.  

I still like the idea of Yoon and Sunny.  The righteous emperor and empress.  I sorta like the idea of WB and Princess Song.    Okay,  can someone explain to me why the nanny was in royal morning clothes?  

As a "concubine", or, at least as a mother of an emperor's child, she is a basically a family member, and has a right to be in royal mourning clothing.

• Like 5

@ktcjdrama  thank you for recaps :)

6 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

Thank you @ktcjdrama for the recaps! Can't do it today because I'm sick but I was able to see the episode tonight and I enjoyed it. All I can say is "woah!!! :w00t:" It'll be a hard time waiting again for another week.

Reveal hidden contents

The royal family is one heck of a reality show now

Hope you will recover soon and enjoy the crazy eps.:)  Yeah  I believe a good makjang is like a healing blanket because it makes you happily to surrender one’s reason and totally submerge in  a makjang universe.   Besides nothing can beat watching rich people living in misery from their own creation.  :lol:
 I agree we are seeing a premium reality show.  haha  The best one is Ari. :sweatingbullets:   Wow how the writer came up with a character like her.  She is a real gem.  Her expressions are priceless and so are her lines.   I can see how her eyes twinkled  after hearing that Sunny would inherit a fortune. She’s ready move onto Sunny’s side.  But according to the char description, Ari will shed her scheming layers under Sunny.  Till then  Ari will be a little enchanted witch.:sweat_smile:

5 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

2 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

That ending was kind of expected for me. Sunny was gonna eventually go back to live in the palace. LH still has to fall for her and she still has to fall for CWB. What place would be better for all this to happen? The palace of course. 

@Matilda_Anne Don't worry. We are nowhere near the end yet. There is still some time left for them to fall in love. There probably just won't be any lovey dovey scenes.

Okay let’s not get panicky yet, though I read the writer isn’t known for making a good love line and she has such a strong attraction to villains.  :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

But I’m counting on JNR and CJH to create good chemistry to substitute if the writer gives them only a lukewarm love line.  
I agree there is a time for OTP love line but it has to be soon.  Btw if I’m not mistaken,  on this scene, I thought WB’s heart began to move to Sunny.  At the moment WB is too occupied by his obsession for revenge but his heart shows it has its own interest in Sunny.   It’s fun to watch all these wacky characters flying around madly but within limits. I  hope the writer should know that in a mini-drama it’s a must about having a strong OTP love line.  

tBBvKlD.gif

cr to DC

EnFzOBL.jpg

http://www.theceluv.com/article.php?aid=1545314280227749006

• Like 6

WB  said that "Knowing she will be in greater danger he cannot turn a blind eye anymore" Knowing she back in the palace yet again I am guessing the only option he has left is to tell her everything.

Thats the only way he can protect her for now on.

• Like 8

Hi chingus! I've been lurcking here but guuuurl I can't contain how much satisfactory last episode's eding was to me. So here I am. Sunny will have to performe the role of her life in front of those reality tv cameras and take those fake *astards down using their own game. It's going to be hilarious and I can't wait!!! To be truthful this drama has many flaws, some things are just flat out ridiculous and unbelievable but somehow even those things add to its charm. It's such a wild ride, I'm not sure any of us know for sure what's coming next, I mean even if it's a trope fest it manages to be quite unique. And hands down to all women in this drama, even Ari managed to surprise me!!! what an interesting little witch xD

• Like 7

Playing catch up . Left with this week’s episodes . Very happy to see our gal Sunny showing some real fangs , and that she’s not alone. This was such a highlight for me :

I’m still rooting for Hot guard / NWS/ CWB  and her to have a love line. Like why not ? This writer doesn’t follow the usual formulas , so if she wills it , it can be done even when late in the game . We still hv 14 hours left :P. Oh and that little girl playing Ari is such a scene stealer. 

Drama hits a ratings high :

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Finished watching with subs. This show deserves the high ratings...

I was cheering along the audience in the theater for Sunny. I think she has finally smarten up. At this point, I'm actually okay if there isn't any love line in the story. I just want to see Sunny bring down the Imperial family!

I think Asst.Hung's death might be a fake out to protect her. Notice that it was CWB who informed the family about the incident. We don't see her actually hanged herself, only her corpse. Byun might have people in the prison to facilitate her being moved out, especially since the Imperial family does not want to have anything to do with her funeral when WB asked how they want to handle it. So we won't see any funeral also. I just can't think of any reason why she would kill herself because staying alive is a better choice to provide any aid to the Empress in the future. I laughed at WB's expression when he heard the reactions from Dowager and MYR about Hung's death. Poor guy, he still can't believe their ruthlessness.... :lol:

Also, since MYR has in possession the same drug that poisoned Grandmama, does it mean she is the killer then? I mean, how would she know what kind of drug/poison that the forensic found out? If it matches, then the one who poisoned Grandmama is her, right?

Must admit that I'm starting to sympathize with LH, knowing his back story. How could he not turned out the way he is now, with a mother like that, and a father like that? Yoon is free from those negativity because all is channeled to the first born, LH... I don't wish for him to fall for Sunny, but I do wish for him to have a chance to be rehabilitated, and redeemed when the show ends.

I am counting on Ari and Soji to be on Sunny's side when she is in the palace. Soji is definitely harmless, Ari... I'm still not sure. That little girl is scary, but I hope Sunny can temper her and guide her well since she said she will take care of her. As for the nanny, she is another piece of madness in the palace, but I love that MYR met her match, mwahahahahaha......

• Like 8

[The Last Empress] Eps 19 & 20 spoilers, Jang Na Ra x Shin Sung Rok x Choi Jin Hyuk
Ratings11.4% | 14.6%

empress17.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' End of Jang Na Ra's frustrating scenes? Tears + pent-up anger  full of spite again 

1. [+1836,-110] Other than Jang Na Ra, they must've thought of many other actresses for this role. But after looking at the script, they aren't confident of it and rejected it. That's how they got Jang Na Ra. This role is impossible without Jang Na Ra... She has a really wide acting spectrum. She makes sure that she does a drama once a year too. 

2. [+1312,-24] Not sure about the others, but I think they are good in doing makeup of dead bodies. 

3. [+1201,-44] Looks like Jang Na Ra is going to make Lee Hyuk fall for her and begin her revenge from next week onwards. Why is her acting so good? Feels like she's going to get a daesang. 

4. [+840,-28] If you watch it for fun, it is really interesting to watch. 

5. [+642,-56] Queen Soon Ok... What are you...? What's your identity...? 

6. [+286,-32] For me, I think Soon Ok should be appreciated more than Eun Sook. To be honest, for Eun Sook, her famous dramas started with high ratings and were hot topics because of her cast. But for Soon Ok, she was criticized for makjang, her actors aren't really that powerful. And she makes viewers get enthusiastic about her story. She deserves acknowledgement. 

7. [+41,-5] Don't say that. ㅠㅠ Kim Eun Sook creates beautiful dramas. ㅠㅠ Soon Ok creates dramas that kids can't watch. ㅠㅠ

8. [+216,-4] Choi Jin Hyuk's face is really swollen. Is it because he injured his eye? [t/n: Source] He looks different from Devilish Joy. 

Spoiler

last18.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Choi Jin Hyuk saved Jang Na Ra from the crisis... and avoided suspicions 

1. [+319,-10] The late Emperor was a crazy person too. That's the best plot twist in history. 

2. [+210,-2] Ah, they made so much effort to save her... Why did she call them? ㅡㅡ

3. [+194,-84] Why is Choi Jin Hyuk doing a drama like this? A drama that leaves me speechless. Even elementary school kids can't understand this story. Choi Jin Hyuk is pitiful. My heart hurts. 

4. [+119,-18] She's always been so loud everywhere she goes, and she's trying to take revenge. Such a foolish female lead. Kim Soon Ok's limits. 

5. [+72,-1] Choi Jin Hyuk's face doesn't look good. My heart hurts. Why is it so swollen? I feel bad for him. 

6. [+56,-0] Even Ah Ri's personality makes people shiver. They teach Hanja and foreign languages in the palace, but they don't educate on manners? 

7. [+55,-0] I asked myself why am I still watching this.. but I continued to watch.. 

8. [+53,-0] What's with the secret bunker in the basement of the Chinese restaurant? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+41,-1] He may be jealous and annoyed at Cheon Woo Bin, but still, he worked hard in the palace... Pitiful leader of the guards...

cr

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Nah I am good with LH not being redeemed he is too far gone did too many horrible thing for that to happen.

I dont pity a monster like him just because of his circumstances, he knows right from wrong just like anyone else he chose this path in life and it will lead this his ultimate down fall.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lingx2 said:

Episode 19 & 20 Rating

Screenshot-2018-12-21-Daum.png

Woah, they keep breaking their own record. Daebak!

LH is evil but I just can't hate him. Somehow, feels like he is just like a misbehaved child, though in a more extreme manner. I believe he will fall for Sunny in the future. I think I am one of the few who can't wait for that to happen.

Looks like SSR back on the set. So cute :blush:

• Like 7

10 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Man WB looked super worry he was like "Why does she keep coming back!*

I was thinking of the same things...wonder if wangshik/wb revenge plan is only to kill the Emperor or to kick him out of the throne ...

• Like 6

Sunny really have courageous.. She initially want to retreat because of her family. The death of Ms Hong give her courage and determination to continue her revenge. Not for her, but for Empress So Hyun, grandmother dowager, Ms Hong, and even NaWang Shik's mother. I afraid of her family now.. But i think she knows she has support, she will use it to the fullest.. The princess Ari is really the turnover.. She really want Sunny to be her mother as she is the richest of all.. Now she still has the title of the empress, she has all the treasure.. 

• Like 8

i dont like the idea of killing the villains to end everything.. they must suffer too and rot in prison for all the bad things theyve done..

now the question is, can the emperor be legally held accountable for all the crimes that he has committed? isnt he above the law like queen elizabeth of england?

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i dont like the idea of killing the villains to end everything.. they must suffer too and rot in prison for all the bad things theyve done..

now the question is, can the emperor be legally held accountable for all the crimes that he has committed? isnt he above the law like queen elizabeth of england?

Good question. I’m under the impression that being a constitutional monarchy , they may not have sovereign immunity - so which means the royal family is not above the law - if they were , our emperor need not have hidden the death of NWS’s mum in the first place . Even to change the constitution to have a female inheriting the throne required the parliament to pass the amendment. But being the royal family with so much influence & money , I think it won’t be easy to use the law to bring him down

Edited by triplem
Correction to typo
  • Like 11