Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

1 hour ago, konjo said:

Honestly though, there NEEDS to be more Choi Jinhyuk. He barely gets 8-10 mins in an episode. 

I agree with @sonequeen01. The writer often gives shining moments to villains and she has a LOT of villains in this drama who are also tormenting each other. Hoping we can get more shining moments with our two main leads now that Sunny's world is falling apart..I hope it won't take a lot of episodes to see her get up.

So, I found this on ig. Just for laughs since our drama is becoming too heavy. I couldn't really trust google translate or perhaps any translation generated electronically. But as an american, I'll be happy to take Choi jin hyuk :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I thought CJH looked a bit strange in some scenes in today’s ep. Some of CJH’s fans mentioned about his swollen face( from his last accident)  in today’s ep.   He had a Japan FM in 12/8 and now I know why he wore sunglasses for the event at the time.  Hope he has recovered by now.   

:smirk::smirk:

mhGojCk.jpg?3

52vCyQ1.jpg?2

cr to DC

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, booha said:

I thought CJH looked a bit strange in some scenes in today’s ep. Some of CJH’s fans mentioned about his swollen face( from his last accident)  in today’s ep.   He had a Japan FM in 12/8 and now I know why he wore sunglasses for the event at the time.  Hope he has recovered by now.  

Yeah, I thought that too... He seems kind of tired or something with his face! And as many chingus here said, he's getting so little screen time in the show!! :tears: Who exactly is the main male lead here..? I am a bit confused! I am still waiting for his & Sunny's love story to begin!! :wub: Sunny needs someone by her side!!!

And I haven't watched yesterday's eps with eng sub yet! Have to watch it quickly! And let's see what we have tonight!

• Like 9

I just finished watching with subs... another action packed episode. Loved it.

Hopefully LH and MYR didn't see WS and Sunny behind the door. But then LH would have known who is the other person who knows about the secret passage.... I wonder why WS's collar was so bloody in the preview?

Okay, so I'm going to guess this: WS took the bug from Sunny, promising to hand it over to Byun, but he has to hand over Sunny to the police, pretending that he caught her? Maybe like so.....??

Who died in the preview? My guess is Asst.Hung.

By now, we still don't know who actually killed GED... We don't know who poisoned the dosirak, which is said the real reason why GED died. She didn't die from the hairpin stab (why I still cannot believe LH actually stabbed his grandmother? That crazy maniac! No, don't even fall in love with Sunny. I forbid that!), she also didn't die from the sleeping pill that MYR put in the tea. And what's the deal with the blanket that was burned? What can that reveal about Dowager's involvement in her death?

We still haven't seen the notes that all the staff wrote for Sunny, especially from that one maid that was present when GED was having the dosirak. Notice the screen lingered purposely on her.

Okay, Yoon needs to connect with Byun and do something already!! At least there is one sane person from the Imperial family.

Can't wait for tonight's episode! I hope I will be free to live stream!

15 minutes ago, booha said:

He looks fine to me....

• Like 5

im quite frustrated with the latest ep.. not enough screen time for cjh..tthere are too much scenes with supportive actors.

i think the whole plots of this drama actually depends on granny's death and not on sunny's personal revenge.. maybe sunny accidentally brings down the whole empire while investigating granny's death.. 

i actually want sunny to seek revenge for what lee hyuk and yura did to her and focus on her character as a scorned woman. instead, this drama has turn into a series of detectives investigating murders..not as much fun as i initially thought..

• Like 5

December 19, 2018

"The Last Empress" Sits Pretty on Ratings Throne

Source: Nate via HanCinema.net

photo1023932.jpg

According to Nielsen Korea nationwide, the SBS drama "The Last Empress" rated 10.0% and 13.3%. This is less than the previous episode, but it didn't stop the drama from coming in first.

Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) was framed for killing the Queen Mother (Park Won-sook) and put in jail, but with the help of Mr. Byun (Kim Myung-soo), she was able to escape. Oh Sunny then snuck into the palace to retrieve the bug she'd planted and almost got caught by Lee Hyeok but Na Wang-sik (Choi Jin-hyuk) helped her get away with it.

MBC "Children of Nobody" rated 3.1% and KBS 2TV "Feel Good To Die" rated 2.2% and 2.8%.

"The Last Empress" Jang Nara Furiously Faces Lee Elijah

Source: Asiae via HanCinema.net

photo1023987.jpg

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "The Last Empress", Min Yoo-ra (Lee Elijah) blocked Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) from seeing Lee Hyeok (Shin Sung-rok).

Min Yoo-ra said, "His Highness doesn't want to see anyone. You may not go in".

Oh Sunny pushed her away and said, "How dare you act like his wife? Before I decide to get rid of him, he's my husband, and you're just his mistress".

Min Yoo-ra smiled and said, "Those words aren't fit for someone who's only the empress on the outside", but Sunny answered, "Doesn't matter because I have powers that can't compare to someone dirty like you. The law says so".

"You didn't even have his child like the nanny did. I guess you didn't know that Ah-ri (Oh Ah-rin) is His Highness's daughter".

Sunny ended by adding, "I thought you two were so close you stuck together day and night, but I guess he's kept his secrets from you. Maybe he doesn't trust you that much".

• Like 10

Well... Just watched eps 17-18 with eng sub!

Lee Yoon seems to be the only humble guy in royal family. He should team up with Sunny! And I think Wang Sik is a;ready on Sunny's side. But he has some circumstances to pretend not to. I hope we'll get more screen time of Choi Jin Hyuk as the story progresses.!!

And who actually killed granny.? Then she must have been dead already when Lee Hyuk stabbed her. I suspect nanny! She's so cunning! Even the prime minister seems to be unaware of her cunning plans.

And WOW Ari! You are a real princess :wub: Glad that she's so strong her own!

And who's gonna be dead in upcoming car crash..?! May be Ms. Hong! And Wang Sik's collar is full of blood! Is he involed in the same crash or just a different one.?!

Now that the plot is exactly on the right track, let's grab more tonight! I hope our chingus do recaps as always!!! :wub:

• Like 12

13 hours ago, Hannahmiriam said:

Hide contents

She found out last week. She is full of ambition, just like her parents. She was happy that she is not the daughter of a "mere" princess, but that of the emperor.

Ohh..I see. I only watched half of last week episodes. Thanks for enlightening :)

93390839.1.jpg

• Like 8

Spoiler

Started where we left off. LH didn't see them. Sunny bit his hand though, so he had to knock her out and carry her away. LH heard something and  went into the passage but they were no longer there. MYR asked who else knew about the secret passage. LH said WB. YR gave orders to search for him. The chief security found them, they started to fight and chief almost win coz he smashed WB's head from back. He didn't see his face though. Byun came in time to help them escape.

Chief returned to report it seems that it's WB. LH didn't believe him saying WB is his person. WB suddenly came in and gave report about Empress, taking out her glasses as evidence. Chief said there is a way to prove WB is the person, noticing the blood from back of his head. LH at the same time took something to hit chief and WB turned his back to save him from hit, so head all bloody. LH angry and asked the chief to kill himself I think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Spoiler

YR went to Dowager and updated her something. Even promised to be her person as long as she takes care of Ari and nanny problem.

LH went to WS room and helped him to wipe out the blood, then realized the gun shot wound. YR is suspicious.

Dowager gave tv announcement to find Sunny, while hugging the stack of money of the reward, LOL...

Sojin kept saying that it may not be Sunny but another person, but no one paid her any attention.

Sunny woke up in the car driven by Byun. She asked if he is the one who saved her again, who are you? Byun told her she is Empress SoHyun's father. Gave her a wig to wear since she is wanted now. Met with police blocking road to check. So Byun turned car around and car chase happened.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Spoiler

They managed to escape and Byun brought her to a secret underground place. Full of computers and many people working for him. Byun told her she can trust these people, so she handed the bug to them. She saw DS and asked who he is. Byun explained that he is also similar to Sunny, that he is there because of LH.

Sojin is drunk complaining no one is on her side. WS came to her and coaxed her. He recalled Byun told her about Sojin and her husband.

Byun brought Sunny to place where WS's mother was hit, and explained to her that she is just LH's alibi.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Spoiler

Time for reading the will of Grandmama. It seems that she left a lot to Sunny. Ari is listening from behind. All shocked when they heard about the will. Dowager only get a painting, lol.... There is also a cassette tape left by Grandmama, but don't know yet.

Dowager went away to her room with YR. She asked can she really make sure that Sunny is convicted? YR said yes. She is smart. She took off her fingerprints, and paste it on a drug bottle, then hid it under behind the toilet seat.

Police came and searched the Empress' room. They found the drug bottle.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Hide contents

Dowager went away to her room with YR. She asked can she really make sure that Sunny is convicted? YR said yes. She is smart. She took off her fingerprints, and paste it on a drug bottle, then hid it under behind the toilet seat.

Police came and searched the Empress' room. They found the drug bottle.

Whoa! Then Yu Ra put Dowarger's finger prints on the drug bottle..?!!

• Like 8

Spoiler

Byun brought Sunny to WS's mother's shop. Explained further that the victim's son is NWS. Sunny remembered him and said she has his picture. Byun asked if she remember his face, she said yes. Sunny was devastated that's the reason for her marriage. She asked how is NWS now, Byun told her he got shot in the head. She asked whether he is still alive. Byun hasn't answered and a call came in. Then he told her that something is finished.

Dowager watching tv of police update. She is amazed at YR's ability to make sure Sunny is guilty.

LH is practicing sword, happy that everything's going to be solved. Yoon came and agitated him, reminded him what their father once said about the successor. He was about to stab Yoon but stopped by WB who was there the whole time. As Yoon was leaving, LH called him, he turned around and LH reminded of his father. Flashback to younger LH, father very stern with him, even threatening him, and off the light to hit him with his belt. LH wet his pants standing in fear. Back to present, LH asked WB to hit him hard. Many times, until he fell down and laughed maniacally.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Spoiler

Second episode:

Nanny wailing in front of Grandmama's portrait, in mourning costume. Dowager came in and wondered why she is here. Nanny said she is after all Ari's mother. Dowager asked her to be dragged out. She gave her the file envelope she intercepted from Hung. Asking Dowager to accept Ari. Dowager said out loud will that be sufficient.

Ari in the dining room, establishing her status as the princess in front of a whole army of staff. The staff said she isn't the princess. This girl is scary. YR came and asked all the staff to leave. YR told Ari that she isn't the princess but daughter of Song who is divorce. Nanny came to intercept. YR pushed them down and seen by LH. He hollered what is she doing. Ari got all dramatic and cried. Good actress this little princess. YR was shocked and pleaded with LH.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Spoiler

Sunny called home. The call is tapped so police found her and arrested her. As she was being brought to police station, Hung came forward and confessed she is the murderer, because she is jealous and she explained she planted the drug bottle. Sunny doesn't believe it, but she is released anyway. She didn't get to speak to Hung though as Hung insisted she be brought away immediately.

No one in Imperial family believe that Hung is the murderer. As they discussed, WB brought in news about LH and YR's recording about Ari being viral in the internet, and first in search headers.

Sunny is at the police station, can't leave because many reporters outside. Dad and Hello came to take her away. Their car is intercepted though and all were caught. They brought them to a warehouse, lots of men watching them. WB came and brought a document for Sunny to sign. She refused. Dad and Hello thrown into a cage and going to be burned. She finally gave in and agreed. They were released. Next morning, Sunny met with Byun and get her recording back saying something like she isn't going to go through anymore. As she left, WS came to Byun and they agreed it's for the better not to involve her.

Many people protesting outside of palace. LH giving a press conference and apologized. Then the trio devil discussed the result of press conference. WB came in to give a report. He was shocked seeing their reaction. I didn't catch what he updated.

Sunny rushed to prison. Hong is being wheeled into ambulance. She hanged herself in prison. Sunny cried and covered her face again with a determined look.

Dad, Hello and Yoon waiting for Sunny somewhere. She isn't there yet and couldn't be reached by phone.

LH is going to the theater, some kind of imaging effort. He watched the play and pretended to cry while someone is videotaping him. Then Sunny walked in from behind, all dressed up and pretty. She went to LH and pretended that she wants to be back with him. LH is shocked. Sunny said she won't mind Ari's matter too. I love you. Then she hugged him. All the audience cheered.... LH hugged back hesitantly. Sunny smiling all the time. End of episode.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thank you @ktcjdrama for the recaps! Can't do it today because I'm sick but I was able to see the episode tonight and I enjoyed it. All I can say is "woah!!! :w00t:" It'll be a hard time waiting again for another week.

Spoiler

The royal family is one heck of a reality show now

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

15 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sunny called home. The call is tapped so police found her and arrested her. As she was being brought to police station, Hung came forward and confessed she is the murderer, because she is jealous and she explained she planted the drug bottle. Sunny doesn't believe it, but she is released anyway. She didn't get to speak to Hung though as Hung insisted she be brought away immediately.

No one in Imperial family believe that Hung is the murderer. As they discussed, WB brought in news about LH and YR's recording about Ari being viral in the internet, and first in search headers.

Sunny is at the police station, can't leave because many reporters outside. Dad and Hello came to take her away. Their car is intercepted though and all were caught. They brought them to a warehouse, lots of men watching them. WB came and brought a document for Sunny to sign. She refused. Dad and Hello thrown into a cage and going to be burned. She finally gave in and agreed. They were released. Next morning, Sunny met with Byun and get her recording back saying something like she isn't going to go through anymore. As she left, WS came to Byun and they agreed it's for the better not to involve her.

Many people protesting outside of palace. LH giving a press conference and apologized. Then the trio devil discussed the result of press conference. WB came in to give a report. He was shocked seeing their reaction. I didn't catch what he updated.

Sunny rushed to prison. Hong is being wheeled into ambulance. She hanged herself in prison. Sunny cried and covered her face again with a determined look.

Dad, Hello and Yoon waiting for Sunny somewhere. She isn't there yet and couldn't be reached by phone.

LH is going to the theater, some kind of imaging effort. He watched the play and pretended to cry while someone is videotaping him. Then Sunny walked in from behind, all dressed up and pretty. She went to LH and pretended that she wants to be back with him. LH is shocked. Sunny said she won't mind Ari's matter too. I love you. Then she hugged him. All the audience cheered.... LH hugged back hesitantly. Sunny smiling all the time. End of episode.

Thank you for the recaps..:grin:

Spoiler

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

Thank you @ktcjdrama for the recaps! Can't do it today because I'm sick but I was able to see the episode tonight and I enjoyed it. All I can say is "woah!!! :w00t:" It'll be a hard time waiting again for another week.

Reveal hidden contents

The royal family is one heck of a reality show now

Oh dear! I was wondering why you were offline today!! :tears: What happened, dear..??! Are you OK now..??! Get well soon! :wub:

• Like 9