[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Sunny isn't well trained yet. When the rolling door was coming down, she should've just slided herself over under it :lol:

I like Sunny's phone case... look at the borders...

I lost count on how many times things flew off a table in this episode... :lol: and also how many times Sunny shoved LH off when he manhandled her. Sunny is one smart person. She took in information very fast and quickly countered back everyone with it. I love it when she talked back to MYR after she corrected her for talking impolitely to the Emperor. She just grabbed her by the hair and reprimanded her also that she is still the Empress so watch how you talk to me! And then shoved her to the ground. I was cheering for her so, yay!! but immediately after that, I cried for her also when she went to Grandmama and collapsed into her hug.

So who killed Grandmama? She announced to everyone (Dowager, LH and MYR) that she is going to call for a meeting with the Internal Affairs of the palace the next day. All these three people won't want that to take place, thus having to kill her. My bet is on the Dowager. I'd like to think it wasn't LH, but him going to her room at dawn to discover Sunny, was rather confusing too. Maybe he just wanted to persuade Grandmama to change her mind about the meeting. Or maybe he did want to check whether she died or not? :huh: I also don't think it is MYR because I doubt she is capable of such thing as murdering the Grand Empress Dowager. No one definitely was counting on Sunny to be there and be the first person to discover her death.

Last night was certainly the best episode so far! Once again I can't wait for next week to come. But I'll be traveling on Wednesday evening :tears: Can't live stream nor recaps. Will join you guys on Thursday...

I, too, suspect the empress dowager killed grandma. It seems she is responsible too with the murder of the first empress. Or Lee hyuk is just that psycho that he can just kill his loved ones once he snaps. 

Haha I was also thinking about that while watching the drama...how every character loves to shove things off the table when they're angry. And I love how Oh Sunny counterattacks anyone on her way. When she had that confrontation with Lee hyuk, min yura, and woobin, she just slapped woobin, hit Lee hyuk, and pulled yura's hair like easy peasy. I like that there is a stair where Jang Nara can stand so she can be eye to eye with her tall co-stars while making those moves.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I lost count on how many times things flew off a table in this episode... :lol: and also how many times Sunny shoved LH off when he manhandled her. Sunny is one smart person. She took in information very fast and quickly countered back everyone with it. I love it when she talked back to MYR after she corrected her for talking impolitely to the Emperor. She just grabbed her by the hair and reprimanded her also that she is still the Empress so watch how you talk to me! And then shoved her to the ground. I was cheering for her so, yay!! but immediately after that, I cried for her also when she went to Grandmama and collapsed into her hug.

My most favorite scene last night was when Sunny grabbed YR's hair and shoved LH. So satisfying to watch.

FInally understood now thar WS is trying to get Sunny out of the palace to keep her safe. He didn't anticipate her coming back to fight the imperial family. I think they will team-up in the near future.

Prince Yoon seems to be close with GED so with news of her death, I would love to see him come back and help Sunny. This is one twisted royal family. It needs to go down.

37 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

I, too, suspect the empress dowager killed grandma. It seems she is responsible too with the murder of the first empress. Or Lee hyuk is just that psycho that he can just kill his loved ones once he snaps. 

Haha I was also thinking about that while watching the drama...how every character loves to shove things off the table when they're angry. And I love how Oh Sunny counterattacks anyone on her way. When she had that confrontation with Lee hyuk, min yura, and woobin, she just slapped woobin, hit Lee hyuk, and pulled yura's hair like easy peasy. I like that there is a stair where Jang Nara can stand so she can be eye to eye with her tall co-stars while making those moves.

I'l lolling so much at your stair comment. She's so small compared to her lanky co-stars.

I'm now more worried about the nanny.. She got the upper hand.. If the imperial family failed, she still got the prime minister.. She well full covered compared to MYR. 

I cant stop think the emperor is schizophrenic man.. He is in distress since child. He pressured to be the best in every aspect but beaten by his brother, Yoon who is carefree and brilliant. LH is the original crown prince, but the late emperor saw something in LH that he change the crown prince title to Yoon instead. I totally can see why, Yoon is compose, brilliant, and wise. Yoon know the empress dowager  involve in the late empress death. He even giving hint to his mother in the hotel and threatened the emperor. he is in dilemma, he love his family but hate the corruption in the the family. Instead of standing tall , he is running away. He dont have enough evidence but sure he know alot. I think he will help Sunny. 

The man who WB chase, i think its him. Its grandmother empress dowager chamber. He missed his grandmother and want to see her.

How grandmother killed is still in mystery.. It can be by the hair pin/ food. The food is prepaired by Sunny. Sunny will be accused as the killer either way. 

The bluish discolouration is the livor mortis. Means grandmother died in about 1-2 hours or more. 

18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

ooh, congrats to . @booha  @stella77  @Matilda_Anne  @alekaonu  @nakatsubebe @at2005 @ChewyChocolate

for correctly guessing that sunny put yura in jail.. however, none of us would have predicted rocky bear's back stab. my, was it good! he really has super fangs!!!

and can we expect a romance between hello and lee yoon as well? @booha ~ any idea why we have two different english titles for this drama "last empress" "empress dignity"? -- am wondering if these titles are clues to how the story will play out...

haha sadly Sunny’s  power didn’t last long.  But at least she demonstrated that she knew how to use her power properly.  
Well The literal title is ‘Empress’s Dignity’ but SBS named it in English ‘The Last Empress’.    Maybe two different names are for different viewers, Korean and overseas ones. I translated TLE into Korean.   It didn’t sound that attractive in Korean. 

Besides TLE makes it clearer what the drama is about, heroine who topples the corrupt empire.  In the drama, the word ‘Dignity’ is used in context of how one conducts one’s self.  But in the Korean title, Dignity can be like acting decently/ morality/honorable for the interest of the public especially by people who are in higher positions.   Sunny was a commoner but now she is an empress so  she will have to learn something about Dignity in a different way? 

13 hours ago, violette00 said:

Poor sunny; her father is a gambler and not of much help. Sister is too busy on finding vincent lee and now she can only cry in front of GED and soon she will be murdered too. I guess after her murder; the pet cat will turn into a full-fledged tigress.

haha  yes I want to see her pet cat as a full-fledged tigress  rowrowww hehe

Ff9MpUV.gif

@ktcjdrama    @Matilda_Anne   @nakatsubebe

Thank you for the recaps   So fun to read all those details. Some details are overlapped but others are not. Still enjoyed reading them because in different hands those details gave out different feelings.  :relaxed:

3 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

Yesterday, I finally got what sweet potatoes are. Now, I finally understood who they were referring to as Kakao Dog :D These k-netz really are something.

its been since "Man from the Stars", thats why most of the knets called him as Kakao Dog. :joy:

Image result for kakaotalk dog

his selca as well :D

Spoiler

Image result for kakaotalk dog

so guys we need to start a new poll.. who killed granny? @Lmangla hope you can provide options lol.. i think omamama did it but mom said maybe lee hyuk did it coz she hit him and yura earlier.. im not a violent person but i really enjoy the scenes when sunny pushed lee hyuk and grabbed yura by the hair and when granny (may she rip) slapped yura and hit lee hyuk... served them right :sweatingbullets:

btw my mom is so extra lmao.. she left 5 miscalls and texted me to call her back urgently because she wants to know if the eng sub is out~~ 

Hmmm ... So, they are going to frame Suni for Granny's death? <_<

As for who killed the previous queen, it's interesting that Ari's nanny is in cohoots to change the succession law, which would allow Ari to ascend the throne.-_-

Since this drama is already so crazy, I'm hoping that we get a back story on Suni, where she is the leader of her high school gang.  Her mild appearance was just hiding her true personality.  She probably made a promise to her dead mother that she would change her personality.:lol:

^

lor hahaha

that would be makjang for sure

:tounge_xd:

sunny is showing her fangs now and it aint blunt baby, hahaha

one of the reason why i dont want to watch this week eps yet is because i know the suffering sunny had gone through

and i am a sucker for jang nara's when she's acting all down and pitiful and her crying scenes is just heart wrenching

she's really good at that

if i watch and since the cliffhanger is still with her being pushed down i would be moody the whole day for sure

huhuhu

but i am happy that people are rooting for her now, realy enjoying reading the comments from netizens

and also before i was kinda wishing for some sort of twisted romance between her and lee hyuk aka him liking her and she pushes away

but now even the thought of leehyuk fallen for sunny makes me feel disgusted

you dont even deserve the dirt under her fingernails now, lee hyuk!

36 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

As for who killed the previous queen, it's interesting that Ari's nanny is in cohoots to change the succession law, which would allow Ari to ascend the throne.-_-

The Nanny isn't smart enough though. Unlike Sunny, she hasn't been able to win Ari's heart nor respect at all, how is she going to be the Empress Dowager if and when Ari gets the throne... Seeing the way Ari treats her now, she's going to have a headache getting that position. Whatever she is trying to achieve is just so laughable....:phew:

Hello guys! Looks like you're having fun! But I am all confused.

• I don't get Wang Sik..?! I mean, his face looks cunning when he's with Lee Hyuk & Yu Ra but, the way he's hurting Sunny is way too realistic! He wants to assure Lee Hyuk that he's on Lee Hyuk's side or something.?!
  • AND OMG!!!! The naive girl has become a brave girl all of a sudden! Sunny should've held Yu Ra's hair for a long time... Hehehehe :D What a masterpiece!!! But with granny's death, Sunny would be a lonely girl next week!! She should have someone nice by her side! Wang Sik is not an option. May be Yoon should do the trick!
  • And I still think Yu Ra killed granny!! Yu Ra has her reasons to kill her!

I just notice, in the scene where Ms. Hong serve Grandmother Empress Dowager Sunny dish, they do zoom in to the servant behind the Grandmother. It must be something. It may the servant know there is something wrong with the dish/dish has been put poison in it orthe dish isto pretty and yummy and the servant is hungry :P

After watching the latest episode, I must say I'm a little disappointed in the way they have written Sunny's character. She is indeed coming off as the Dowager has described her - vulgar in temperament (entirely not befitting that of royalty) and thus not wise at all. Yes, she does explain it off herself when she tells the Grand Dowager that she has a temper. But it's really more than just having a temper. If she had not gone off telling everyone that she had the Grand Dowager's backing, I doubt Grandma would have been murdered. Surely with her uncovering the shadiness of the preceding Empress's death, she should have known well enough to bite her tongue and bide her time. I'm a little disappointed in Sunny here, actually.

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

After watching the latest episode, I must say I'm a little disappointed in the way they have written Sunny's character. She is indeed coming off as the Dowager has described her - vulgar in temperament (entirely not befitting that of royalty) and thus not wise at all. Yes, she does explain it off herself when she tells the Grand Dowager that she has a temper. But it's really more than just having a temper. If she had not gone off telling everyone that she had the Grand Dowager's backing, I doubt Grandma would have been murdered. Surely with her uncovering the shadiness of the preceding Empress's death, she should have known well enough to bite her tongue and bide her time. I'm a little disappointed in Sunny here, actually.

I actually agree with you here--- I am not liking her temperament either. I mean I understand that she is written to be naive and innocent but her temper and behaviour towards the emperor and his mistress is quite childlike. I would also like it more if she could control or rather express her temper better. Hopefully we will get to see that side of her soon since the grandma is gone so maybe she'll be more careful and poised.

Also thank you to everyone who gave the live updates yesterday:)

lor she is not behaving like an empress ^__^, even before her temper erupted, she was never acted like an empress

she was like a scared caged mouse, darting from one end to another, finding a place of her own, trying so hard to fit in

beside i assure you, none of those in the palace behaving like what they are supposed to be aside from the grandmama

everything is vile, wicked, cruel and ugly and some of them are supposed to be from honorable royal blood, the divine sacred royal blood of grace and virtue and they are even worse in character

the empress just shout and scream and a lil erratic

while the rest are doing the unspeakable for way too long already

she would most probably will change more after the death of the grandma

most probably because she will partly blame herself for her death

before she acted wild and nothing bad happen to anyone else aside from her

and now partly because of her, a life was taken

but that's a part of her growth experience

like wang shik who had to lose his mom and being betrayed to the extent of being killed

in order for him to change himself and able to control his temper now

sunny would experience that too

sunny is not a calculative woman

she didnt come to the palace with hidden motive or has a conniving way of seeing things

that is her flaw, she is portrayed as she is a simple naive gal, who sees things through rose coloured glasses

but i prefer her to fight back, not crying in a corner whining about her pathetic fate

maybe the way she handles things now is still not good

but it shows that she has a fighting spirit, and that she is not the type to let everyone tramples all over her

yes she is a lil feisty now (i am hoping she would be more feisty in the future actually)

but then again she was lied again and again, almost got killed on her wedding day, hubby doing the horizontal lingo in her presence with another woman and so on

from the day she got married she has been treated like a dirt from almost everyone there, even the nanny doesnt respect her let alone others

she can be loud, wild and harsh as she can for now and slap yura a few more times, lee hyuk too actually

before she wise up and become more in control

hahaha

These last two episodes were superb, non-stop action packed with so much content! I was so caught up that I yelled at the screen and lost track of time (so many satisfactorily scenes, chills, and just LOL)! 

Can’t wait until next week... need to go find previews. 

I do think it’s good-bye for Grandmother Empress and now Sunny lost an important supporter.  Who orchestrated this death is the question and it won’t be someone so obvious. I think it’s LH instead of his mother this time since she slapped MYR twice and ‘dared’ to lectured and plot to remove him. 

29 minutes ago, tiaralavender95 said:

Why do I have the feeling that GED does not die  :(

Does anyone feel the same?

Hmm... I doubt that! But would like to hear your point of view!

7 minutes ago, stella77 said:

These last two episodes were superb, non-stop action packed with so much content! I was so caught up that I yelled at the screen and lost track of time (so many satisfactorily scenes, chills, and just LOL)! 

Can’t wait until next week... need to go find previews. 

I do think it’s good-bye for Grandmother Empress and now Sunny lost an important supporter.  Who orchestrated this death is the question and it won’t be someone so obvious. I think it’s LH instead of his mother this time since she slapped MYR twice and ‘dared’ to lectured and plot to remove him. 

Yeah.. Granny was the only relief Sunny had! Now that she's gone, Sunny has to be very careful with everyone! I just thought Wang Sik would be any help to Sunny.. But he's a dilemma!!! And I think Sunny should use her head instead of her heart right now!! Her romantic feelings for Lee Hyuk is distracting her away from the reality!!

3 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Hmm... I doubt that! But would like to hear your point of view!

Yeah.. Granny was the only relief Sunny had! Now that she's gone, Sunny has to be very careful with everyone! I just thought Wang Sik would be any help to Sunny.. But he's a dilemma!!! And I think Sunny should use her head instead of her heart right now!! Her romantic feelings for Lee Hyuk is distracting her away from the reality!!

I am pretty sure Prince Yoon or Byun was behind all of these. He must be the one that WB chased with. Its very clear that he intentionally shows himself to WB.

Oh Sunny met with Byun at evening saw by EDK's assistant before GED killed!

The food made by Oh Sunny might be replaced right after the food being poisoned.

But its still complicated for the hairpin that stabbed GED

Archived