[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

This drama is so addicting and frustrating in the same time..Every character is evil, with mean intentions..sunny is way too innocent and naive..the emperor with his golddigger are disgusting..i am wondering how he will fall in love with sunny if she is so hysterical and disturbed right now? He is so in love with YR..based on what it will be the change of heart? I feel so sorry for sunny..god she is all alone now..lied and assaulted by everyone..how she will manage to rise above all and be a dignified empress if she doesn't have any allies? The way CWB tries to gain the emperor trust by hurting sunny isn't a nice method..she needs to get rid of that sick family

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bet is on the Empress Dowager as the killer.  I personally do not want CWB to be the one who Sunny falls in love with.  I have my hopes on Yoon.  Who will step up for Sunny?  Maybe the head guard?  Maybe the Nanny will get the prime minister to help out Sunny.  I personally like the idea of Ari being raised by Sunny.  I really want the emperor to start feeling the consequences of his actions.  

I think people have to  understand if WS did not do it someone who actually did not care for her safety  would have did it and killed her.

He compromise himself twice already for her sake,it may seem like right now she has nothing but enemies but she does have a few allies.

I somehow they  they both going to get accuse  of doing the crime, since I dont think LH a does not trust him much anymore already.

Perhaps she wasn't in his plan at all so he would do anything to gain the emperor's trust and this would mean to kill Sunny. She was just an action item he has to take care to earn the trust. Like his master/benefactor has once said, WB/WS is too kind to be at the palace and for revenge. Because he is kind, he doesn't want to kill an innocent person, but he has to do it in order to succeed with his plan, he is thinking of a bigger picture. I think that is why he is struggling emotionally.

I think the person in the mask that WS/WB was chasing at the end of the last ep was Prince Yoon.

19 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

Just saw an article, nationwide ratings per Nielsen Korea for episode 15 is 11%, episode 16 is 14% :star:

Yeap yeap...been waiting for the ratings :D (Nation Wide/Seoul)

2018-12-13 15 - 11.0 (8th) 12.4 (4th)
2018-12-13 16 - 14.0 (3rd) 15.4 (2nd)

Someone is going to show the world his V line :D ???

5 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

Since she has now met Ninja Uncle, I wonder when Sunny is going to meet DS...or if they meet at all. cause there might come a time when she will have to go into hiding. Maybe at the end after she and WS have gotten rid of the monarchy, they will disappear together and live happily.

When she meets DS, she will then know the ties between WS and YR. Because she has that locket of his with his family picture, all four of them. I remember YR was in the picture.

I just started to watch with subs... I feel bad about the live recaps I shared because it really doesn't do the drama any justice at all... Just that short conversation between LH and Sunny in the hotel room contained so much. Whoaaaa.... When LH said no matter what an emperor did, he will be innocent, because he IS the emperor.... Then the camera showed the look of WS's face.

@stroppyse glad to see you here!! :)

14 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

When she meets DS, she will then know the ties between WS and YR. Because she has that locket of his with his family picture, all four of them. I remember YR was in the picture.

How did she not recognize YR in person if she already saw that picture? And where on earth did she put the locket? Let's hope that YR doesn't get her hands on it.

[The Last Empress] Eps 15 & 16 spoilers, Jang Na Ra x Shin Sung Rok x Lee Elijah

empress15.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Shin Sung Rok to Jang Na Ra, "Lee Elijah is my woman" 

1. [+2377,-21]
Forget it if the Kakao Dog [t/n: Shin Sung Rok's lookalike] falls for Oh Ssu Ni in the future... Everyone should get lost and please let only Oh Ssu Ni be happy. If the two suddenly get together, I'll be annoyed. 

2. [+1123,-18]
Seriously. ㅋㅋㅋ This story is messed up every second, but I kept watching... ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+471,-17]
Kakao Dog, get to your senses!! 

4. [+348,-14]
No... Scriptwriter, please do something about Ssu Ni!! She's so pitiful. 

5. [+223,-1]
When the Empress Dowager slapped her twice today, it was the most satisfying scene in today's episode. It's so good. 

6. [+195,-1]
If he suddenly falls for Jang Na Ra, it wouldn't make sense.. 

7. [+200,-9]
Jang Na Ra's acting is so good.. Really. This is a makjang, but I'm immersed in Jang Na Ra's emotions... 

Spoiler

lastep16.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Jang Na Ra discovers Park Won Suk who died... Shin Sung Rok witnesses that 

1. [+1287,-30]
Just wait. In the scriptwriter's previous drama, they did the makeup and everything but the grandmother is still alive. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The grandmother will survive. Jang Na Ra's acting deserves a daesang. 

2. [+941,-28]
Sun Ok-ah, this is so fun. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+816,-24]
This is insane. This goes over genres, common sense and time. Time flies quickly too. 

4. [+331,-16]
Watching today's episode, I can see why the King falls for Ssu Ni now. Ssu Ni turns into a dark character and talks to him in an aggressive manner, this surprises the King. In the future, he might say something like, "You are the only woman who treats me that way, Oh Ssu Ni!" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I think he will turn out this way. 

5. [+309,-11]
A Ri gave me goosebumps too. She smiled when she realizes that she's not an Aegaesshi. 

6. [+274,-9]
The Empress Dowager threw her ornamental hairpin like a dart skillfully at Min Yoo Ra, but she died after getting stabbed by it... The refreshing part in today's episode has to be the part where the Empress Dowager slaps Min Yoo Ra twice. That was great~

7. [+259,-4]
Choi Jin Hyuk's screen time... He's the male lead, why does he have so little screen time... 

8. [+242,-18]
I thought this drama won't stand a chance against Boyfriend.. Not at all~~ Instead, Boyfriend is getting pushed by this drama. The story is so exciting. 

cr

6 minutes ago, AlexandraReid said:

1. [+2377,-21]
Forget it if the Kakao Dog [t/n: Shin Sung Rok's lookalike] falls for Oh Ssu Ni in the future... Everyone should get lost and please let only Oh Ssu Ni be happy. If the two suddenly get together, I'll be annoyed. 

Yesterday, I finally got what sweet potatoes are. Now, I finally understood who they were referring to as Kakao Dog :D These k-netz really are something.

16 minutes ago, AlexandraReid said:

1. [+2377,-21]

6. [+195,-1]
If he suddenly falls for Jang Na Ra, it wouldn't make sense.. 

4. [+331,-16]
Watching today's episode, I can see why the King falls for Ssu Ni now. Ssu Ni turns into a dark character and talks to him in an aggressive manner, this surprises the King. In the future, he might say something like, "You are the only woman who treats me that way, Oh Ssu Ni!" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I think he will turn out this way. 

I agree with some of these netzens comments about how the Emperor is supposed to fall for Sunny. But after today's episode, after he obviously tried to kill her... now twice!...he really has to be pychotic. 

But it would make sense, Hyuk likes challenges, and it could be the Sunny's perseverance and constant refusal to back down against him...I can see him eventually coming to like her. He is that twisted.

As for WS, I can see him coming to respect Sunny more as he watches her fight against them openly and refuses to be crushed. Does make a lot more work for him as I see him trying to protect her more secretly. 

However, as awful as it is to be nearly killed by your own husband, I am glad that she has woken up and is now completely aware of the situation. But it also guarantees that Sunny will NOT be going back to Hyuk. In fact I think she stated clearly that the only reason for going back and staying in the palace is to expose what had been done to not only herself, but the former Empress as well. I think that is rather noble of Sunny to include her and says that despite how angry and revengeful she is right now, she still looks out for others. I am sure that the former Empress's father will be thankful for her righting the wrongs against his child.

Wow, what a thrilling episodes.. I love it when Sunny stand up right and face to face against the emperor.. She totally lost respect to the emperor as she called him with the name, Lee Hyuk, but not the title.. As far i know, in korean during the monarchy time, the korean people didn't allow to even say the emperor name (even a character of the name) in their daily conversation, thats why their name is short and sometime, they even hide their true name.. But seing Sunny said his name right in front his face, is satisfying for me.. Cant wait what more Sunny will reveal and show to public. I'm putting my trust in Sunny's word, she will strip down the emperor and she will go out of the palace head high. 

Somehow, i got the feeling, its not gonna be happy ending. 

Hello all. Just back from vacation. Catching up on thread & drama . Really having fun reading you all. And yes this crazy makjang drama is slaying the ratings ! 15% is reacheable 

Sunny isn't well trained yet. When the rolling door was coming down, she should've just slided herself over under it :lol:

I like Sunny's phone case... look at the borders...

vmNWEtx.png

I lost count on how many times things flew off a table in this episode... :lol: and also how many times Sunny shoved LH off when he manhandled her. Sunny is one smart person. She took in information very fast and quickly countered back everyone with it. I love it when she talked back to MYR after she corrected her for talking impolitely to the Emperor. She just grabbed her by the hair and reprimanded her also that she is still the Empress so watch how you talk to me! And then shoved her to the ground. I was cheering for her so, yay!! but immediately after that, I cried for her also when she went to Grandmama and collapsed into her hug.

So who killed Grandmama? She announced to everyone (Dowager, LH and MYR) that she is going to call for a meeting with the Internal Affairs of the palace the next day. All these three people won't want that to take place, thus having to kill her. My bet is on the Dowager. I'd like to think it wasn't LH, but him going to her room at dawn to discover Sunny, was rather confusing too. Maybe he just wanted to persuade Grandmama to change her mind about the meeting. Or maybe he did want to check whether she died or not? :huh: I also don't think it is MYR because I doubt she is capable of such thing as murdering the Grand Empress Dowager. But then the hairpin kinda gave a clue in the direction that her death is related to MYR... I'm so confused. No one definitely was counting on Sunny to be there and be the first person to discover her death.

Last night was certainly the best episode so far! Once again I can't wait for next week to come. But I'll be traveling on Wednesday evening :tears: Can't live stream nor recaps. Will join you guys on Thursday...

1 hour ago, sonequeen01 said:

How did she not recognize YR in person if she already saw that picture? And where on earth did she put the locket? Let's hope that YR doesn't get her hands on it.

She only saw it once, and it is a very small picture... She won't remember it for now, but I'm sure that locket will come into play to connect WS with YR.

@triplem   yeah TLE made 18.31% in the highest audience rating    PS Hope it was a knock out vacation.  :)

Congratulation TLE  
'TLE'  #1 w/th drama..highest audience rating soared to 18.31%
(Nielsen)
EP15: metro 12.4% (na 11.0% )
EP16: metro 15.4% (na 14.0% )

H9zERoX.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181214075202071

8W6x1ld.gif

9oWDlGW.gif

cr to DC

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

True, but she thought that what she and LH had was true love from thinking that she knew about him from when she was his fan apparently, and that was why she agreed to marry him. So now that the "true love" between them has been shown as lies, not sure that she's still in the mood to go looking for true love. I think she has to resolve her feelings of betrayal by LH before she'll be ready to cultivate romantic feelings. Again, that's just my opinion, and I may be trying to be realistic in my assessment of a fictional character's emotional state. :)

Okay, ultimate happy ending scenario. The empire falls with LH and YR both in jail for their crimes. WS and SN realize that they love and trust each other after all, and have AR and DS live with them since neither WS nor SN are the types of people to abandon helpless youngsters.  Plus WS loves DS who loves and looks up to WS and SN will come to love him, too, and SN feels affection for AR who looks up to SN as well which is a good basis for them to come to love each other.

Cant be searching for something if you think you already have it :kiss_wink:

Archived