[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Hide contents

A mysterious man came into the palace. WS got into a chase with him. He got him but we're not shown the face. WS was shocked.

Hung gave Grandmama a dosirak made by Sunny, saying thank you. Grandmama happy about it and ate it.

Sunny came into the dark room of sleeping Grandmama. She told her that she is thankful that she is on her side and kept talking, but no response from Grandmama. She went to straighten her blanket but when she turned her over, her face is blue and her hair accessory is in her tummy. She is cold dead. Sunny screamed, and not long LH came in. Both in shock. ~END~

Preview:

Palace getting ready for mourning. We see Dowager getting dressed in mourning costume but she isn't exactly sad about it. Sunny denying that she killed Grandmama. She got into her mourning dress though and was standing above the stairs with a lot of employees below. She was saying something to them.

Spoiler

Who is Hung?

@Matilda_Anne 

Spoiler

I think that the food has also something to do with the death of the granny...so I also don´t think that it was from Ssuni.  The person said that it was from Ssuni to make her willing to eat it....also the fact that LH appeared right after Ssuni discovered the dead body makes me think that she is being framed. It could be the Mother of LH, LH or YR. 

i honestly dont understand about the whole spoiler thingy.. i never had problems with other drama threads before.. but i will respect the rules..

will discuss with you guys later about today’s ep.. it’s really weird to discuss now with the spoiler tags everywhere hehe.. 

Dear @Matilda_Anne, @ktcjdrama & @nakatsubebe!!!

This is my very 1st time that I am reading recaps in spoilers!!! This is so weird! BUT YOU THREE DID A GREAT JOB!!!! :wub: Fantastic!!! Keep it up (if possible, without spoilers!! :D I don't think we should use spoilers in this open thread!)

And I am from a non-Korean country & I have no live streaming for SBS, so I value your effort a lot!!! :wub:

54 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:
  Hide contents

lol granny is on rampage.. she twice slapped yura and beat the crap out of lee hyuk haha.. 

I look forward to this.

48 minutes ago, violette00 said:

Any preview? Thank you so much guys for live recaps. I love you all ♡♡

preview is described in ktcjdrama's last recap post.

39 minutes ago, MaLee Xiong said:

I think then, it is only fair to also use spoilers for those who still want to check the thread for news or other posts and not just recapping posts. ^^ or maybe rather they just want to fully understand the story first before posting their own comments. Either way, let's keep the forums a positive place~~^^

Here is a thought....Just create a spoiler thread strictly for discussing current and ongoing episodes.

Looks like everyone here in the palace is using Sunny!!! And by chance, is the writer going to kick Sunny out of the palace..?! And about the food granny ate, I don't know if Sunny really made it, but it looks like as if someone is using Sunny's name to frame her for granny's death! But who..?! Could be Min Yu Ra..?!~~~~ But then again, granny is stabbed by her hair pin or something!! She didn't have a reason to commit suicide, did she.?! It's clearly done by someone else to frame Sunny!!

And is it possible that the mummy with the necklace is granny..??!! :bawling:

OMG! We still have 32 upcoming eps!! :sweatingbullets: I can't even imagine what is there ahead for Oh Sunny! And I'd be glad if Wang Sik is double crossing Lee Hyuk by helping Sunny!

Maybe the title is misleading us.  What if it is talking about the late empress and this drama is about revealing all of the crimes of the imperial family with Sunny being given the ultimate power of being the person in charge.  I would  like to see Yoon and Sunny get together.  Sunny needs someone to love her as much as she loves. 

@Sarang21 Hung is the personal secretary of Grandmama, and she is mostly by Sunny's side too.

And to everyone, about the dosirak made by Sunny, please wait for subs. I'm pretty sure that's what I heard. And I think that's what Sunny asked for permission to do before leaving. But again, let's wait for subs because I could be wrong.

Spoiler

It's not certain yet the cause of death of Grandmama, whether it is poison or the stab in her stomach with the giant hairpin. Her face is blue though, so I'm thinking poison, but she had the pin in her stomach/chest?

28 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And is it possible that the mummy with the necklace is granny..??!! :bawling:

:lol: of course not... The news said it's a female in 20s-30s and pregnant with twins. And her death is known to public since the palace is in mourning. It will be a big funeral. So no reason to hide her body in the garden.

I do wonder though, with the death of Grandmama, does her instruction of giving Sunny the authority over all the manpower in the palace still stand? Can Sunny remain in the palace? No one, no one, is on her side and backing her up now.... unless Yoon comes back and insist for her to stay.

I don't feel like sleeping now, I want to wait for subs.... :bawling:

Okay, I just went to watch raw just now. So yes, it is confirmed the dosirak is from Sunny. However,

Spoiler

There was a servant girl by Grandmama's side, that the camera pans to her face briefly as the dosirak is presented to her. I believe she is the one who killed Grandmama, under whose instructions, we don't know yet. Have to remember her face.

As for the mysterious man...

Spoiler

I think it could be Byun, that's why WS was shocked. Or maybe Yoon. But WS wouldn't recognize him as the young prince. Unless he remembered his face from the fried chicken store.

Edited the preview that

Spoiler

Dowager was laughing maniacally while in her mourning costume.

Okay, this show is so action packed and moving forward a lot that it made me want to check out the writer's other work. But her other works are daily dramas of 50 episodes? Hmmm, can I stand the makjangness being dragged out for so long....

45 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

:lol: of course not... The news said it's a female in 20s-30s and pregnant with twins. And her death is known to public since the palace is in mourning. It will be a big funeral. So no reason to hide her body in the garden.

I do wonder though, with the death of Grandmama, does her instruction of giving Sunny the authority over all the manpower in the palace still stand? Can Sunny remain in the palace? No one, no one, is on her side and backing her up now.... unless Yoon comes back and insist for her to stay.

I don't feel like sleeping now, I want to wait for subs.... :bawling:

Oh God!! I dropped the series too earlier, so I've missed some important parts regarding the plot!! :crazy: But then again, who's the young lady pregnant with twins..??!! :o

1. Former Empress..??
  2. Oh Sunny..??
  3. Oh Sunny's sister..??
  4. Min Yu Ra..??
  5. Ari's mom..??
  6. Princess So Jin..??

I am off with other young female characters since I didn't watch previous eps closely!! Any guesses..??!! :tears:

20 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

As for the mysterious man...

Hide contents

I think it could be Byun, that's why WS was shocked. Or maybe Yoon. But WS wouldn't recognize him as the young prince. Unless he remembered his face from the fried chicken store.

Edited the preview that

Reveal hidden contents

Dowager was laughing maniacally while in her mourning costume.

Okay, this show is so action packed and moving forward a lot that it made me want to check out the writer's other work. But her other works are daily dramas of 50 episodes? Hmmm, can I stand the makjangness being dragged out for so long....

I also tried to watch her other newer dramas but my attention span can’t endure 50 episodes LOL

The only drama that I somehow got to watch from her is Temptation of Wife. Jang Seo hee got a daesang for that drama. I hope Jang Nara can also have a daesang this year.

for the mysterious man

Spoiler

My suspicion is Yoon. He looks like he is wearing a younger man’s clothes.

wow i havent this week's eps yet because i was waiting for both eps to be ready and also i wanted some relief for sunny

but omg that gal seems to be never able to catch a break

after being framed for having an affair

now it is being upgraded to being a killer

gosh

if this was daily drama i would usually drop these parts and wait for the karma to bite every bad guys in the richard simmons to come back and finished watching

but i just cant leave sunny behind

she needs all the support she can get, sure aint getting much from the palace at this moment hahaha

reading recaps and your guys discussions has already leave me breathless and tired

so many things happen at the same time

gosh, are we on a roller coaster now?

now we all cant wait for next weeks ep because we all should be dying to know how sunny can get away from the murder accusation

sunny ah, i seriously hope you will find utmost happiness by the end of this drama

by the pace you are being used now, it would be a miracle if you dont go crazy like really crazy by ep 20

lor

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I shared previously about the stages of decomposition... the thing is, if her body is embalmed, it will take longer time. But still, 7 years is a long time. In fact, it is 8 years since we're going back a year before the corpse was discovered. I'd like to think it's a new body, but who would be pregnant with twins? It is not possible to be Sunny since she is our heroine, I just can't imagine the writer writing off her main lead as dead (still possible though given this is makjang genre). Who has been sleeping around to have the possibility of becoming pregnant? We have 3 candidates as of now ~Sunny, YR, Nanny... 

My next question is will we actually come back to the present time line when corpse was discovered and continue the story from there? Then I doubt it is YR because it would be less interesting not to have her around. Unless, that is the first part of the revenge by WS, and next is about taking down LH. But then again, WS said he wanted to get to YR the last in his revenge. It is still possible to be YR. My imagination is that she was finally given the necklace (unofficially) by LH to be his empress, maybe because she is pregnant, then got killed by whomever while wearing it, so was buried with it. 

New character? Some things are unknown for now.

By the way, 

Spoiler

Could it be that the GED didnt die from the poison, then YR came in and finished her off with the hair pin? 

3 hours ago, violette00 said:

Lmao..I'm rofling..the jump in cold water opened the pores in her brain :w00t:

I thought cold water closed pores..:-)

So much happened while I was away for work. Thanks everyone for the recaps

Oh wow! I feel like this episode was the most story packed that we have had up till now. I was hoping that WS would keep our empress alive, and he came through. Though he cannot show it, but it seems that WS cares about Sunny's well being. Because of his cover and revenge he cannot let on he is on her side, but all of his secret actions are saying otherwise. 

I think as she gets deeper into her investigation of what happened years ago, WS is going to get very busy trying to keep her alive. 

Since she has now met Ninja Uncle, I wonder when Sunny is going to meet DS...or if they meet at all. cause there might come a time when she will have to go into hiding. Maybe at the end after she and WS have gotten rid of the monarchy, they will disappear together and live happily.

I believe that either the empress dowager or the emperor himself did the deed to you know who. Then that preview at the end about giving permission to kill you know who...I am having a hard time trying to figure out how he (emperor) will fall in love with the empress later on, but then again, he did suggest to his own grandma that he will off her if he needs to (a family member he actually loves). I am concerned about the pacing.

Archived