Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Lee Elijah becomes villainess for An Empress’s Dignity

by tineybeanie

leeelliah.jpg

Actress Lee Elijah (Miss Hammurabi) has confirmed her next project to be An Empress’s Dignity, a modern-day love story set in an alternate reality where Korea is ruled by a constitutional monarchy. Jang Nara has been cast to play the lead, a musical actress turned empress, while Lee Elijah’s agency announced that she will play the role of the antagonist Min Yoo-ra for this upcoming SBS drama.

An Empress’s Dignity centers around a cheerful, bright musical actress who suddenly experiences her own overnight Cinderella story when she marries the emperor. As she enters the palace, she must fight absolute power to uncover the truth of the dowager empress’s murder and take down the corruption from within. Along the way, she learns to find love and happiness. Hmm… this sounds like a cross between Goong and Forest of Secrets, and that would be amazing.

Lee Elijah’s character, Min Yoo-ra, is the head secretary who is perfect and decisive at her work. She holds the sacred trust of the emperor, who will be played by Shin Sung-rok (Return, Man Who Dies to Live). She forms a confrontational front with his mother, and enhances the emotional tension of the drama. It seems like a good fit because Lee Elijah has always been good at playing the second lead you love to hate (example: Fight My Way). Also in the cast are Choi Jin-hyuk (Tunnel), who will play a palace bodyguard, and Shin Eun-kyung (Village: Secret of Achiara) as the dowager empress, who ought to be amazing in that role.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/lee-elijah-becomes-villainess-for-an-empresss-dignity/

• Like 4

NS Yoon-G Announces Name Change + Cast In New Thriller Drama

by yshin
216c694b5ad24eddb9ac8c49ccd3c8ad.jpeg?s=

NS Yoon-G is continuing with her career under a different name!

After confirming her appearance in SBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “An Empress’s Dignity” (working title), NS Yoon-G, now Kim Yoon Ji, has began shooting for the drama.

In the drama, Kim Yoon Ji will play Hyun Joo, the successful junior of musical actress Oh Sunny (played by Jang Nara). While she initially ignores Oh Sunny, who is a relatively unknown actress, she begins to harbor feelings of jealousy when Oh Sunny becomes the nation’s Cinderella. Kim Yoon Ji’s character will be in conflict with the female lead in the first half of the drama and add onto the intensity of the plot.

“An Empress’s Dignity” will take place in 2018, but with the pretense that it’s an era of constitutional monarchy. It is the story of a musical actress who gets married to an emperor. After fighting against the absolute power of the palace, she’ll destroy the imperial family in her search for true love and happiness.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1240501wpp/ns-yoon-g-announces-name-change-cast-new-thriller-drama
  • Like 2

gosh i have always wanted jang nara to do saeguk

and ever since i saw her in traditional style during one of the ep in one more happy ending

i was so damn certain she would make an amazing empress or royal members of that sort

hahaha

and i now that wish is semi fulfilled with this drama

sure this is not saeguk

but it is drama about royalty and regality

so excited!!!

hopefully this thread will get updated 

and i wish for more promotion for this drama

but then again since the drama will be aired in dec it will be too soon to do any promo now

isnt it?

looking forward for posters and stuffs

On 10/9/2018 at 2:25 AM, nikki7 said:

gosh i can even imagine what their first meeting would be like

a regal taking a walk in the park

had some accident most probably by jang nara

and then she came and talk being all carefree and jovial that he got smitten by her maybe?

hahaha

wishful thinking

:)

looking forward for this drama

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3

Oct 15 2018

Choi Jin-Hyuk cast in SBS drama series “Empress’s Dignity”

Empresss_Dignity-F1.jpg

Choi Jin-Hyuk is cast in upcoming SBS drama series “Empress’s Dignity” (literal title) co-starring Jang Na-Ra. For the drama series, Choi Jin-Hyuk will play lead male character Na Wang-Sik. His character works as a bodyguard for the royal family. The drama series is set in the present day, but under the assumption that South Korea is governed by a royal family,  Jang Na-Ra will play a woman who marries into the royal family, but falls in love with Na Wang-Sik.

“Empress’s Dignity” first airs November, 2018 in South Korea (takes over SBS’ Wednesday and Thursday 10PM time slot after “Heart Surgeons.”).

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/choi-jin-hyuk-cast-in-sbs-drama-series-empresss-dignity

Choi Jin Hyuk To Star Opposite Jang Nara In Upcoming SBS Thriller

by E. Cha

Choi Jin Hyuk and Jang Nara will be starring together in an upcoming drama!

“Empress’s Dignity” (working title) is a new SBS thriller set in an alternate universe in which a constitutional monarchy exists in 2018. The drama will tell the story of Oh Sunny (played by Jang Nara), a bubbly musical actress who suddenly becomes a modern-day Cinderella when she marries the emperor. After a royal murder shakes things up at the palace, Oh Sunny ends up searching for true love and happiness by bringing down the imperial family.

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1245557wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-star-opposite-jang-nara-upcoming-sbs-thriller

• Like 4

^

so she will be coupled up with choi jin hyuk instead of shin sung rok

hmm...

either way is okay for me

but somehow

i was loving the chemistry she seems to have with shin sung rok from the bts pics posted above

cant wait for more update on this

^__^

• Like 3

@larus    Okay finally it's official.  Thanks    Btw DJ still has 2 more weeks left.

GTree:  CJH confirmed to appear as Na Wang Sik in E’s D for his next drama. Once again CJH will have an acting transformation.  We would like to ask for your support and encouragement.

• Like 3

Choi Jin-hyuk to costar opposite Jang Nara in An Empress’s Dignity

by stroopwafel

choijinhyuk.jpg

After weeks of rumors, it’s officially confirmed: Choi Jin-hyuk (Devilish Joy, Tunnel) will be taking on the lead role in An Empress’s Dignity opposite Jang Nara (Go Back Spouses, One More Happy Ending).

An Empress’s Dignity is set in an alternate reality where South Korea has a constitutional monarchy. Jang Nara’s character Oh Sunny is a bright and outgoing musical actress who finds herself living out a fairy tale when she marries into the imperial family. But when the dowager empress is murdered, the monarchy finds itself under threat and Oh Sunny fights against the autocratic powers that rule inside the palace while struggling to find true happiness and love.

Choi Jin-hyuk’s character, Na Wang-shik, is a super-fit bodyguard for the imperial family with unrivaled fighting skills. Though he’s an imperial guard, he harbors a desire for vengeance on the imperial family, which leads him to partner with Oh Sunny to exact revenge.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/10/choi-jin-hyuk-to-costar-opposite-jang-nara-in-an-empresss-dignity/

• Like 3

3 hours ago, larus said:

Choi Jin-hyuk’s character, Na Wang-shik, is a super-fit bodyguard for the imperial family with unrivaled fighting skills. Though he’s an imperial guard, he harbors a desire for vengeance on the imperial family, which leads him to partner with Oh Sunny to exact revenge.

Omaigadd @supergal99 I hope you will watch this drama ...imagine the gifs :lol:

Have they started shooting yet @booha

• Like 2

@triplem

Yes they started shooting already but I read in Jang Na Ra-DC that the staff asked not to post shooting pictures.  It may be because DJ is still on air?  Still we got a few pictures.  Now CJH announced officially for E’s D so hopefully we will see some more pictures.   It’s interesting to read the headline saying E’s D as a thriller drama.  I thought it was romance.
Nope I don’t think CJH cut his hair.  Maybe he just combed his hair back

from JNR schedule:  script reading 9/6 & first shooting 9/17 & PC undecided 

Spoiler

• Like 1

Jang Nara, Shin Sung Rok, Choi Jin Hyuk, And More Attend First Script Reading Of Upcoming Drama

by J. Lee
935beaf671d24214b98fd5503cba4a1a.jpeg?s=

Jang Nara, Choi Jin Hyuk, Shin Sung Rok, Shin Eun Kyung, Lee Elijah, and more recently attended the first script reading session for “Empress’s Dignity” (literal translation).

“Empress’s Dignity” is an upcoming thriller drama set in an alternate universe in which a constitutional monarchy exists in 2018. The drama will tell the story of Oh Sunny (played by Jang Nara), a bubbly musical actress who suddenly becomes a modern-day Cinderella when she marries the emperor. After a royal murder shakes things up at the palace, Oh Sunny ends up searching for true love and happiness by bringing down the imperial family.

Producer Park Young Soo commented, “I will do my best for all the staff and actors to feel comfortable while filming the drama.” Producer Joo Dong Min also said, “We have great actors and staff members. I am happy to be with all of you, and I think our drama will turn out to be a great one.” After the actors introduced themselves, the script reading session continued for over five hours, showing the team’s good chemistry.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1246203wpp/jang-nara-shin-sung-rok-choi-jin-hyuk-attend-first-script-reading-upcoming-drama
  • Like 4

First script reading for SBS drama series “Empress’s Dignity”

Empress_Dignity-SR2.jpg

First script reading for SBS drama series “Empress’s Dignity” (literal title) took place September 6, 2018 at SBS Ilsan Production Center in Tanhyun, South Korea. Main cast members including Jang Na-RaChoi Jin-Hyuk,Shin Sung-Rok,Lee ElijahShin Eun-Kyung, Park Won-Suk, Yun Da-Hun, Kim Jung-Tae and Yoon So-Yi all attended. The first script reading took about 5 hours to complete. (source: asianwiki)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, supergal99 said:

Omy "superfit body... guard" ??

Ops this is a 'historical' drama? Uh oh i ... i ... cant... i cant erhm... follow all these historical plots :grimace:

This drama is set in modern monarchy (like Goong) with romance(hopefully) and thriller and revenge with Cinderella & street hoodlum & monarch king & villains.  Hopefully this drama has some juicy, sweet stuff for us. 

**JNR  is funny.  Gosh those eyes have own personality  so cute
JNR:  uhh ..  supposed to be an empress    penguin?   crow?

@triplem

found some more photos.   Here is the king. He looks good.  Also this company makes hanbok wardrobes for E’s D. 

Spoiler

(10/3)

(10/3)

(JNR name tag)

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1