Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

3 hours ago, 0timelost said:

After I watched the last episode the second time, I would like to share my thoughts.

First, the new epilogue: I like how everything is reverse. In the original, it was Sunny who had a crush on Hyuk for ten years, but now, it is the doppelganger who has a crush on Sunny. In the original, Sunny made a bad impression for Hyuk when she met him "the first time" and asked for his autograph, and in this case, it is the doppelganger who made a bad impression for Sunny and asked for her autograph.  

On to the final episode. To be very honest, I wanted Sunny to end up with NWS, but from this conclusion, it looks like she only loved Hyuk in this lifetime. It doesn't mean she loves him at the end of the drama because she still reveal his crime to the world (and she tried to push his head away when he laid his head on her shoulder), but he was her only "true love." That would explain the sparse love line between Sunny and NWS. Also, it shows that Sunny has a strong moral standard since she is still legally marry to Hyuk, she wouldn't form any romantic relationship with another. Unfortunately, that means that she find NWS attractive, but her feelings toward NWS is gratitude, comaradarie, guilt (for being Hyuk's alibi), responsibility (for his demise), and protectiveness. Even if she is no longer legal married to Hyuk, the fact that she only reminisce of Hyuk's past action shows where her heart lies.

So it brings it back to the conversation they have in episode 50. What could he do to earn her forgiveness...how could he earned back her love. During that conversation, Sunny revealed there was a possible chance for her to forgive him (notice she never said love...it was only Hyuk) if he had confessed and take responsibility of his mistake. When Hyuk did take the responsibility to reveal everything, Sunny did not expect he would pay the ultimate price...and Sunny did forgive him because she mourned his death.

For Hyuk, the Imperial Family was his everything, and to give that up, he would have to destroy the life he tried so hard to obtained and owe up to the crime he had committed. NWS, his grandmother, Sunny, and ED pushed him to discard the Imperial Family. When ED pointed the gun at him, he had resigned himself to his fate...and like his grandmother, he choose to use his death (in the hand of his mother) destroy the Imperial Family. Some might say he took a cowardly end because he didn't live to pay for his crime, but I don't think he was trying to run away from his crime when he stood there and allow his mother to shoot him...I think he was inspired by his grandmother and he was remorseful for pushing his own grandmother to her death. The irony of his death was that, he couldn't live to see the one thing he desire the most...Sunny's forgiveness. 

Hyuk's transition was logical, in a sense. He had always been weak to sacrifices...others sacrificing for him. Remember that he wanted to kill Yura but immediately wanted to protect her when she "sacrificed herself" to save him...and that's how he "fell in love" with her? NWS's sacrifice was the ultimate sacrifice-he saved an enemy and fulfill his promise to keep the woman he loved safe, and for Hyuk, this was something he didn't expect nor was he able to do that. He made Hyuk looks pitiful and hypocritical (and he is...:phew:)...and that was the huge reason for his ultimate decision. 

Thank you~ this is beautifully written. It shed more light to some of my own thoughts of the finale :)

I felt sad when Hyuk said this to Yoon. He really does not know anything else other than what he is used to.

r80rG4.gif

And then this

XL6ABg.gif

Ultimately this

The epilogue is very cute. And it is nice that this time around doppelganger Hyuk is Sunny's fan. And he her reminded of herself with Hyuk at the end :)

• Like 4

9 hours ago, xprosperity said:

I wonder what prompted them to do an epilogue?

It's also not a coincidence that they're singing the same song that Hyuk used to propose to Sunny, I think. There's definitely another message in there. 

Clearly I can't let go of this drama!

So what do you think of the message in there?? 

Is there a chance to continue Sunny-Jung Soo Man (SSR doppleganger of Lee Hyuk) as next drama project... ??? :joy:

I wonder to... what that make them make this epilogue?

From the first I'm in love with this drama start from Lee Hyuk proposed Sunny on the stage... and crazily daydreaming that the lead actor and actris sing a song together again.. but I got nothing till the end cz they choose kill both NWS or LH...

So thanks to them... make my dream cometrue.. although I wish another song... but this video is sooo mucchh sweeeeettt...

This is not attached to the real drama, and rarely we see epilogue of kdrama... (maybe there's some other, but I dunno since I'm not the kdrama addict)

You're not the only one who can't let go from this drama... 

I'll be so miss this drama.. 

I love the story, although a bit mess.. I'm not the fans of anyone ... just love the story.. and epilogue... :joy:... but it was so great choose the actor and actress that playing role in this drama... so impresive, make everyone being important part of the successful of this drama... 

Actually I just know JNR first... because she's sang Dong Yi ost... and I'v never recognise if she's playing FTLY with CJH.. I'm also don't know who is SSR... but... and I think he start to be recognized because this drama, JNR is the best parthner for him, as long as I know... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 0timelost said:

On to the final episode. To be very honest, I wanted Sunny to end up with NWS, but from this conclusion, it looks like she only loved Hyuk in this lifetime. It doesn't mean she loves him at the end of the drama because she still reveal his crime to the world (and she tried to push his head away when he laid his head on her shoulder), but he was her only "true love." That would explain the sparse love line between Sunny and NWS. Also, it shows that Sunny has a strong moral standard since she is still legally marry to Hyuk, she wouldn't form any romantic relationship with another. Unfortunately, that means that she find NWS attractive, but her feelings toward NWS is gratitude, comaradarie, guilt (for being Hyuk's alibi), responsibility (for his demise), and protectiveness. Even if she is no longer legal married to Hyuk, the fact that she only reminisce of Hyuk's past action shows where her heart lies.

So it brings it back to the conversation they have in episode 50. What could he do to earn her forgiveness...how could he earned back her love. During that conversation, Sunny revealed there was a possible chance for her to forgive him (notice she never said love...it was only Hyuk) if he had confessed and take responsibility of his mistake. When Hyuk did take the responsibility to reveal everything, Sunny did not expect he would pay the ultimate price...and Sunny did forgive him because she mourned his death.

Yeah .. I think so... :kiss_wink:

Sunny have dignity, so she can't in relationship to other man when she's legal marriage to Lee Hyuk.. 

Absolutely... I think she is so mad toward Lee Hyuk that using her, but also mad toward herself.. It's normal as a lover... 

If we have a parthner that doing bad thing all the time... we'll be mad.. and Ssu Ni also hope if her husband being better person, although she claim refuse to in love again with Lee Hyuk toward Woo Bin, her love for him can't be deny in the past... although it just looks like fangirls.. 

She is upright.. she can't deny if something wrong happen in front of her eyes... 

She's not get love when she's married with Lee Hyuk... and she choose to forget that feeling... 

Sunny actually can run and left Lee Hyuk killed.. but she's not... she 's still Sunny that upright, and also shown protect toward Lee Hyuk, she is mad.. maybe she also can kill him.. but she's even not kill him, she had a lot of time to do that.. 

Only A Ri that can see their love each other start from begining till the end... Maybe she also know if Lee Hyuk can't refuse Sunny charm... so, although Lee Hyuk fake his feeling infront of GED or other... little A Ri know.. Just like  A Ri word... couple quarrel make love stronger... It's okay if they have a quarrel... or acting nice in front of other, but their feeling can't be deny from a child heart , A Ri see it.. she just know if Ssu Ni and Lee Hyuk in love with each other... they fight or quarrel is normal as a cute couple..

why they make such a smart little girl that understand about male and female deep relationship, maybe its hidden message of A Ri character... 

So A Ri playing important role to make Cucumber...:joy:

Only Lee Hyuk that silly deny his feeling... He's already move to Ssu Ni's charm after she sang Arirang, but Yu Ra ruin it... 

After she come back to the palace, and after he kick Yu Ra.. he still deny his feeling to Sunny (remember when he ruin his stuff so Sunny can use it, he deny his feeling infront of Woo Bin)

So... if the Synopsis claim how Ssu Ni find a true love... 

Maybe it's because she can make Lee Hyuk in love with her.. because his true love for Ssu Ni.. :wub: although Sunny forget what love is but her act just like a lover, that don't wanna her love just go like that (I mean die). 

They even not make Sunny cried because of Woo Bin death... so maybe it also part of Dignity of an Empress.. she can't betray to her husband although it just her feeling to other man (Woo Bin)

Her feeling to Woo Bin ... maybe because she's only have a sister.. so she can't differ its love or just feeling of brotherhood to Woo Bin...

• Like 4

Thank you so much SBS! It does make our hearts soar again. It was down in the dumps since you decided to kill Pyeha!:tears:

Thank you for the translation. Can anyone translate the song they sing?

:wub:

I want a cute rom-com with Jang Nara and SSR, please, k-drama gods! :wub:

• Like 4

ohhh myyy that epilogue - i did not expect that

& still thinking about that last scene, 'if we had met under different circumstances...as two regular people...' cry

tbh SSR and JNA have really good chemistry (such nice voices too) - i really enjoyed it despite with most of it being more of the angry-type throughout the drama

i also want too see them work together again hahaaah

• Like 1

14 hours ago, laivla said:

So what do you think of the message in there?? 

Is there a chance to continue Sunny-Jung Soo Man (SSR doppleganger of Lee Hyuk) as next drama project... ??? :joy:

I wonder to... what that make them make this epilogue?

From the first I'm in love with this drama start from Lee Hyuk proposed Sunny on the stage... and crazily daydreaming that the lead actor and actris sing a song together again.. but I got nothing till the end cz they choose kill both NWS or LH...

So thanks to them... make my dream cometrue.. although I wish another song... but this video is sooo mucchh sweeeeettt...

This is not attached to the real drama, and rarely we see epilogue of kdrama... (maybe there's some other, but I dunno since I'm not the kdrama addict)

I just think that the message is Sunny "restarts" with someone who looks like Hyuk called something else. Obviously it scares Sunny to have someone who looks like Hyuk to love again, but I think she'll overcome that and see that this man is something special. He's crazy about her (just like Hyuk at the end of the story), and he is the one who chases her first and not the other way around. When he says, "I'll make sure that you will grow to love me - look forward to it" Sunny was reminded of herself when she was with Hyuk, which I think that was why she walked away. But I think we can see that just like Hyuk, this new person will run to Sunny no matter what and protect her because he loves her.

I hope that this is like a new project and that the writer can pick it up and just go, "Wow, this is great response. Let's just have SSR and JNR starr again in this romcom..." (Just a dream...)

I also wonder why they made this epilogue, because I actually do rarely see epilogues made. It may be that the Koreans responded quite angrily about the ending (I'm not sure about this)? I know from earlier that many Korean fans shipped Lee Hyuk with Sunny (I will admit that their chemistry did have the better end of the whole Sunny x NWS ship) so that may be why, since Hyuk did die at the end.

The video was SUPER sweet. I was watching it again today and just had the biggest smile when SSR smiled at the end like Hyuk. Reminded me so much of the cute-evil-protective-crazy Emperor that we have been with since the drama started. I think the characters definitely have grew on us.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, xprosperity said:

The video was SUPER sweet. I was watching it again today and just had the biggest smile when SSR smiled at the end like Hyuk. Reminded me so much of the cute-evil-protective-crazy Emperor that we have been with since the drama started. I think the characters definitely have grew on us.

Yeaa.. super sweet ... I download it.. watch again and again.. and never bored watching them.. although it just 3 minutes... :love:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

A BTS clip subbed by dramamilk~ enjoy :)

JN saying SSR is like a baby goat is so random hahaha

@sandjh you can. The epilogue has been released. Or are you saying you want more of it? Lol :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

A BTS clip subbed by dramamilk~ enjoy :)

JN saying SSR is�like a baby goat is so random hahaha

@sandjh�you can. The epilogue has been released. Or are you saying you want more of it? Lol�:lol:

So having fun with CJH ...

He said his head not from the steel all the time... 

Looks like JNR relation with CJH so cute... 

SSR call JNR noona?? :joy: 

@sandjh yeah.. you can see that... but so you can't move on easily... 

• Like 1

Hahaha... Think about ...

If Woo Bin outside the palace maybe get a break day., he have a lot of girl that adoring him and became his fans.. 

So Jin don't know if Chun Woo Bin is really popular... :joy: and she even dare wanna make him third husband...

Even Lee Hyuk don't wanna make Woo Bin her third husband... Cz Lee Hyuk also think if Woo Bin is super handsome. :wub:. maybe in Lee Hyuk hearts scream... "He is mine  :love: " 

Poor CJH never end with JNR as a couple... this is their second project together... but both of them is similar, not be a couple till the end of story..

@annchoi you make my heart more hard to move on... thanks still in this forummm.. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Super Gal99 said:

Grrr... super duber angry ..tsk..:confused: oh ahh.. i am referring to uri super handsome Bin :blink:

Ok ok chill.. not a 'malicious comment' ya -just a rant from one of the many many many international fans

awwww..Those gifs..says it all..We just have to imagine it. :lol:

I thought I'd stop my rant but then these true words came from Soompi article..So...I can't.

We could perhaps have forgiven “The Last Empress” for not showing us Wang Sik’s heroically selfless death if we had at least been given some closure about his demise. But there was not a single flashback paying tribute to his brave deeds or stoic kindness; no scenes of those who had grown close to him mourning his death. Sunny sobbed over Hyuk’s body, but she received the news of Wang Sik’s death via phone call with little more emotion than surprise.

This was an inexcusably unceremonious end for a character who we had admired and grieved with and grown to love. Just because you glossed over Wang Sik in the finale doesn’t mean we forgot about him, “The Last Empress”! We see through your trick!

The way TLE ended NWS story abruptly without a proper tribute not only damaged the essence of the show but also the the character chemistry..Even if we want to ignore Sunny's affection for NWS, Sunny has been grateful towards Wangsik the whole time even resolved to protect him time to time..and suddenly he dies but she seems to be not that bothered even after all these time. That's just makes OS unfeeling and ungrateful. And I don't like it how they suddenly portrays OS like that (because the Sunny we know is not like that).

Not a single person related to NWS seemed to be remembering him!! Not Dong Shik, Not Mr. Byun..!! It's okay not to give flashback (because how CJH isn't supposed to appear in last 2 episodes)  but they could just repeat his name with sigh..But no.. The Production choose to completely ignore him in present life like he wasn't the big reason why the Imperial Family became upside down!

They chose the most easy way to redeem Lee Hyuk. But while trying to redeem Lee Hyuk, TLE sacrificed Na Wang Shik (who was one of the main a victim in the show) in the worst possible way. But that only left a bad feeling to many of the viewers because how poorly they treated a well developed character like Na Wang Shik.

We see through your trick TLE... We see.:rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

:star:

So it better if they make another epilogue bring CJH back... 

So there's love triangle between Oh Sunny, Lee Hyuk dopple and also Woo Bin dopple... :joy:

Who both of them want Sunny... 

It also can make new drama romcom...:joy:

The tittle is "New Oh Ssu Ni"

I have a crazy imagination about that story will be... :kiss_wink: sweet...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Too bad they didn't make Sunny-Hyuk-NWS as besties or at least buddies. Easier for Sunny to remember both of them together since they will share a lot of scenes as friends :lol:.

For what it's worth, I like TLE's ending. If they could cram NWS's memories somewhere in the episode maybe it would be better. Huhu

Maybe a spin-off is required. In an alternate universe, the three of them are buddies and live happily ever after~ 

• LOL 2