[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

:star:

So it better if they make another epilogue bring CJH back... 

So there's love triangle between Oh Sunny, Lee Hyuk dopple and also Woo Bin dopple... :joy:

Who both of them want Sunny... 

It also can make new drama romcom...:joy:

The tittle is "New Oh Ssu Ni"

I have a crazy imagination about that story will be... :kiss_wink: sweet...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad they didn't make Sunny-Hyuk-NWS as besties or at least buddies. Easier for Sunny to remember both of them together since they will share a lot of scenes as friends :lol:.

For what it's worth, I like TLE's ending. If they could cram NWS's memories somewhere in the episode maybe it would be better. Huhu

Maybe a spin-off is required. In an alternate universe, the three of them are buddies and live happily ever after~ 

17 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Too bad they didn't make Sunny-Hyuk-NWS as besties or at least buddies. Easier for Sunny to remember both of them together since they will share a lot of scenes as friends :lol:.

For what it's worth, I like TLE's ending. If they could cram NWS's memories somewhere in the episode maybe it would be better. Huhu

Maybe a spin-off is required. In an alternate universe, the three of them are buddies and live happily ever after~ 

I'd be total okay with a spinoff.... In one where the Hyuk doppelganger fights NWS for Sunny. I mean, if CJH was here to film, the ending wouldn't have turned out that way. But he had overseas work to do, so I guess that's why it felt like the closure for NWS was so shabby (and it totally was). The poor guy just hugged a bomb and got burned completely. And to make matters worst, even Hyuk died. It was insane.

5 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

A compilation of behind the scenes clips, not sure if there are any new ones.

There aren't new ones right now, but Kocowa did release this cute clip compilation of Hyuk (if anyone's interested). The BTS gives me the chills again- I feel like I'm watching the drama for the third time and it's an amazing feeling.

Does anyone know the song sang during the proposal and in the epilogue from Sunny and Hyuk/doppelganger man? And does anyone where the filming took place? (I know the set has been taken down but if there was a specific landmark that they filmed in, I'd love to see when I pass by as well...)

1 hour ago, xprosperity said:

I'd be total okay with a spinoff.... In one where the Hyuk doppelganger fights NWS for Sunny. I mean, if CJH was here to film, the ending wouldn't have turned out that way. But he had overseas work to do, so I guess that's why it felt like the closure for NWS was so shabby (and it totally was). The poor guy just hugged a bomb and got burned completely. And to make matters worst, even Hyuk died. It was insane.

Yeah. The ending could have been very different if CJH was available. Maybe everything was rewritten to accomodate his absence. Maybe. We would never know. We can only speculate. And it does dampen a bit (or a lot) of the excitement of watching the finale especially since we were following the drama live.

I do think maybe the impact would be less if I watched this after it has finished airing like how I didn't feel much difference to the storyline when the actress in Return suddenly changed midseries. Maybe.

Anyways, I have lingering feelings for TLE. And I have no new cracktastic drama on my to watch list. So I'm having fun giffing this drama haha

Table flip!

ZY41xR.gif

So sad there's no new ep today. Hua3

OM7rQp.gif

When I saw again maybe in the end they already planned to kill both of Lee Hyuk and Wang Shik.. This because they looks like similar height, maybe this make they planned to choose actor who have similar height.. 

Stupidly.. kang eun ran (dunno want call her it, not ED :sweatingbullets:) can't see her own son eye and killing her own son...

realize if Wang Shik and Lee Hyuk have different long hair.. how can Wang Shik growth his hair so long just for one week missing... :joy:

(I wanna show you all but dunno how to insert picture, sorry)

I still can't move on... 

Seasoned K-drama and other Asian drama production decision makers with regard to series extensions should always be cognizant of both the general storyline as well as the contract limitations of its primary actors, and be able to craft satisfying plot devices to ensure credible continuity and closure. Experienced writing teams, for instance, should always have credible plot sequences on hand for various extension lengths, and while for the most part actors are able to adapt at a moment's notice, too often I see writing not following suit. That said, all the professionals do the best they can with the tools they have at their disposal for the most part. K-drama is about as close to JIT ("just in time") production protocols as any in the industry, but I think with a bit more foresight, continuity and context can be improved from the producer's level.

16 hours ago, laivla said:

When I saw again maybe in the end they already planned to kill both of Lee Hyuk and Wang Shik.. This because they looks like similar height, maybe this make they planned to choose actor who have similar height.. 

I agree with this... Both are meant to die, and LH is meant to disguise himself as NWS to die. Maybe if CHJ is able to film, we'll see a proper mourning of a wounded NWS by Sunny. But since they cannot show his face, they went with an all burnt body.

This is how story begin... 
Wang Shik who bravely talk if he saw Lee Hyuk done hit and run and killed her mother 

(Stupidly criminal make other person come to their life easily wish to kicking out as soon as posible, but they dunno who's real person that they choose to support)

Thanks to Yu Ra who make Sunny as Alibi
Thanks to Empress Dowager who make Sunny married Lee Hyuk
Thanks to Lee Hyuk who make Woo Bin his right hand

That is starting of revenge story in the palace... 

Do you remember Oh Ssu Ni.... 

How many people sacrifice to make Sunny alive/ protect Sunny? 
1. Grand Empress Dowager Jo DIE
2. Ms. Hong DIE
3. Na Wang Shik DIE
4. Min Yu Ra LOST MEMORIES , bit CRAZY
5. Lee Hyuk DIE

Everyone have their punishment for their sins..

1. Lee Hyuk - killed / sacrifice to be killed
2. ED - crazy and old (actually excecute but dunno why, she looks alive but crazy)
3. SKH - excecute to die..
4. MYR - lost her memories and bit crazy
5. Ms.Choi - prisoned

Interesting... they not make similar punishment for everyone... 

Woahhhh...seems like Sunny's words foreshadowed TLE's end~

Ep 32

wVjo78.gif

GvZ1WJ.gif

Ep 51

0YgwMy.gif

P/s: I'm not rewatching the whole series. I made most gifs/screencaps while I was watching the show previouly but didn't came around to edit it. Hohoho

Woahhhh...seems like Sunny's words foreshadowed TLE's end (part 2)

Ep 32

Spoiler

OM7m6r.gif

VAmwnX.gif

An example of be careful of what you say....it may come true~ 

Ep 51

Spoiler

2xRyrN.gif

My opinion: eventhough she hates him, she clearly cares for him enough to be crying like this over his dead body. Maybe it was also due to shock that he was shot right in front of her and eventually died in front of her. But for what it is, she cares and it shows. Huhu

5 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Woahhhh...seems like Sunny's words foreshadowed TLE's end (part 2)

Ep 32

An example of be careful of what you say....it may come true~ 

Ep 51

My opinion: eventhough she hates him, she clearly cares for him enough to be crying like this over his dead body. Maybe it was also due to shock that he was shot right in front of her and eventually died in front of her. But for what it is, she cares and it shows. Huhu

Maybe also because she don't wanna kill anyone in her revenge... :sweatingbullets:

At first Chun Woo Bin aka Na Wang Shik also desired to kill for his revenge, but Byun remind him, if killed someone is not best revenge, the best is make them down or something like this. 

What is the different of Sunny and Woo Bin if they also killed another person with their enemy who easily killed other?? 

She's so care with him... I know maybe what she said is true when she told Lee Hyuk ... 10 years loving can't easily erased... (after Lee Hyuk know if Sunny framed by ED for poisoning ARi) 

So like a lot of other people i'm still struggling to get over this drama and stumbled across this fan mv on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr5-M3QZMqM

But now i'm a little confused... there are some scenes in the video at 0:28-0:40 and 1:13-1:22 that I don't recognise. Jang Na Ra looks like she has short hair like she did in the last episode but I don't remember seeing. 

Can anyone just clarify whether these are actual scenes that I've somehow missed/forgotten or if they are scenes from a different drama that the creator has added in for effect? and If they are they've done a very good job as it looks very realistic!

8 minutes ago, dreamqueen said:

So like a lot of other people i'm still struggling to get over this drama and stumbled across this fan mv on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr5-M3QZMqM

But now i'm a little confused... there are some scenes in the video at 0:28-0:40 and 1:13-1:22 that I don't recognise. Jang Na Ra looks like she has short hair like she did in the last episode but I don't remember seeing. 

Can anyone just clarify whether these are actual scenes that I've somehow missed/forgotten or if they are scenes from a different drama that the creator has added in for effect? and If they are they've done a very good job as it looks very realistic!

It was from the earlier eps but I can't recall which one. I think it was when she was trying to hide that she survived after being pushed from the cliff. Or was she in hiding after she was framed for killing granny. Hua3

Maybe a rewatch is needed lol.

17 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

It was from the earlier eps but I can't recall which one. I think it was when she was trying to hide that she survived after being pushed from the cliff. Or was she in hiding after she was framed for killing granny. Hua3

Maybe a rewatch is needed lol.

Omg Yes!!!! I think I remember now haha :lol: I should have realised by Byuns long hair...silly error on my part. I'm going to blame it on tiredness :sweatingbullets: Thanks chingu!

Definitely planning on a rewatch soon, I don't need much encouraging there lol

Archived