Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

1 minute ago, autumna said:

I am assuming they knew about CJH schedule in advance, so if that was the case, they should have tried to focus on wrapping his storyline the last few eps.. But instead they add new characters...?

So how will they explain why he is not around all of a sudden... ?

Oh he need to do his operation and status will be UNKNOWN :rolleyes:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Maybe Bin will appear until ep 50 and he will have closure?

This is so weird. I don't understand this. What happened to the plot. Was the script just finished? Why are both dramas i watch this year falter midway and just went crashing down at the end. 

Why!!!!! 

@Kasmic i am stumped by this development. I did not expect the lead to not be in the finale. Now i'm reminded of zombie cha.

@dramaninja ooo..that actually makes sense. He can be away to have surgery. Ohooo 

• Like 5

I call BS...there's something wrong for sure. One it's unusual that the extension was so late to publicly  confirm it and two - the casts already had the last script book this week. Furthermore CJH fan meeting is scheduled on 28th Feb, how could this be a clash. Ekkk! I guess it's going to be more interesting to see if he attends their reward trip 

@katakwasabi Maybe I was right the bear will return? :blink: I cant even laugh about it anymore as I feel so bad for CJH

• Like 5

Maybe the extention make CJH schedule fall apart.. so he can't appear in final episode. 

So maybe it really change the story line from the first plan. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kasmic said:

I call BS...there's something wrong for sure. One it's unusual that the extension was so late to publicly  confirm it and two - the casts already had the last script book this week. Furthermore CJH fan meeting is scheduled on 28th Feb, how could this be a clash. Ekkk! I guess it's going to be more interesting to see if he attends their reward trip 

Maybe I was right the bear will return? :blink: I cant even laugh about it anymore as I feel so bad for CJH

Oh now that you mentioned it..there is a possibility bear will make an appearance. So the character is not dead. Just happy and over ate. Lol

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

15 minutes ago, autumna said:

I am assuming they knew about CJH schedule in advance, so if that was the case, they should have tried to focus on wrapping his storyline the last few eps.. But instead they add new characters...? So how will they explain why he is not around all of a sudden... ?

The obvious thing will be to kill him off- maybe Hyuk might just kill him as he'd always said he would.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Oh he need to do his operation and status will be UNKNOWN :rolleyes:

...and they could have a time leap where sunny gets a phone call and she picks up and smiles. open ending. voila!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

10 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Oh now that you mentioned it..there is a possibility bear will make an appearance. So the character is not dead. Just happy and over ate. Lol

or maybe  he had another haircut lol! your gif came true in reverse :P

• LOL 4

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

...and they could have a time leap where sunny gets a phone call and she picks up and smiles. open ending. voila!

Ahhh...the epitome of open endings..

8 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

or maybe  he had another haircut lol!

But his hair is already short. How can he have another haircut and turn to bear. Maybe he grows his hair out. Bins hair length is directly porportional to his body size. Longer hair=bigger Bin. Hahaha

• LOL 4

I rather see Kneitz response to CJH not appearing in the last eps... :(

Spoiler

empress.png

[The Last Empress] Eps 47 & 48 spoilers, Jang Na Ra x Shin Sung Rok x Choi Jin Hyuk

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Jang Na Ra realizes that Park Won Suk committed suicide.. 'cries' 

1. [+1596,-38]
Jang Na Ra's acting is amazing. The ending is so sad. 

2. [+1471,-21]
Her grandson and her daughter-in-law tried to kill her. Her world fell apart and she didn't have the will to live on anymore.... 

3. [+1436,-72]
I get so stressed whenever I see the nanny. Even her eyebrows that aren't done properly bother me. 

4. [+856,-26]
It's a bit frustrating, but the suicide was a plot twist!!

5. [+285,-13]
Jang Na Ra is just a doll whenever she wears hanbok.. 

6. [+155,-4]
Ah Ri's acting is so good!! My heart broke when I saw her getting hurt while watching the adults fight to be her legal rep. And I'm glad that Lee Hyuk knows about Seo Kang Hee now. Seo Kang Hee, Shin Eun Kyung, Min Yoo Ra are going down next week. 

7. [+147,-3]
But why is the letter only discovered now? Anyway, nothing makes sense.

8. [+137,-5]
I need it to be more refreshing... 

9. [+168,-9]
Min Yoo Ra was the most evil villain in the beginning, I don't get why Na Wang Shik is letting her off the hook and being dead set only on Lee Hyuk~ He became that way because of Yoo Ra's lies. 

Spoiler

lastempress.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Choi Jin Hyuk comes back to the palace as an inspector.. Will he uncover the murderer who killed Queen So Hyun? 

1. [+496,-6]
The great empress dowager killed herself... I'm having goosebumps. 

2. [+361,-7]
I feel bad for Princess Ah Ri when she watched the adults fight each other. Her acting is good!

3. [+217,-46]
Ah, I'm tired of this. 

4. [+167,-12]
This scriptwriter is good at getting viewers immersed in the story at the beginning... but near the end... it gets boring.. Seriously.. I'm tired of it.. 

5. [+130,-13]
It went on and on showing hints of it ending every time but they dragged it out. I can't bear to watch it any longer. I would usually try to watch it till the end quietly. But this is too.... Ah.... 

6. [+92,-1]
This palace is really nice.. People come back as leader of something after getting kicked out.. Someone was locked up in a mental institution but came back as a maid.. Someone got kicked out as a bodyguard, and he came back as an inspector.. It's sure easy to come back after getting kicked out. 

7. [+55,-1]
The great empress dowager killed herself to take revenge. I didn't think of that. 

8. [+54,-1]
Just bury Seo Kang Hee alive. 

9. [+39,-1]

There were no palace maids around the empress dowager's room? 

• LOL 4

@Kasmic yeahhh. I too wonder what knetz reactions are. I do think CJH has a bigger fanbase, so this might cause an uproar.

By the way, they took so long to confirm the extension. Maybe they tried to fit everything in 48 eps but failed to do so. Or they tried to make things work, but eventually could not meet on the same page. 

I just hope Bin would not vanish in thin air. He needs to be given a closure. Both the character and also for CJH. He's been playing this character for months. Huhuhu

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

Anybody care to translate?

His caption (google translate)

There are some people who have already gotten to the article ... I did not come out from next week after the broadcast of yesterday. The viewers who watched in time difficultly, the fans who cheered me hardly thank you very much.

The pic is an article about him not appearing in ep 49-52 due to conflicting schedules. Huhu

• Like 3

I think all the story is finish. 

1. KH kill SH

2. GED killed herself. 

3. Sunny get all GED asset to spend for the imperial family victim. 

4. Lee Hyuk know that KH killed his wife. 

5. Yoon is awake. 

6. The island for plant poppy (like I guess, it drawn by KJS in mental hospital, it clearly opium poppy, to make drug) 

Just left... how the ending of each character, how can they get punishment, or Woo Bin live that in danger because of the bullet in his head. 

• Like 2

I am so shocked by this news. It literally makes no sense. Why would you extend the drama, knowing that one of your main male leads cannot shoot the extension episodes? They did Choi Jin Hyuk dirty. I'm Korean American, so I know some Korean. In his instagram post, he's just acknowledging the news and thanking his fans. I'm looking at Naver, and the news is the number one article right now. Here are some rough translations of the comments:

kill****
아니 남주가 스케줄이 안되는데 연장을 한거임? 이게 뭔ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
(+4444, -52)

Why would you extend the drama it doesn't fit into your main lead's schedule? What is this?

juwo****
주연 스케줄이 안되는데 왜 굳이 연장을 하지ㅋㅋㅋ 이런 경우는 처음 보네 여러모로 역대급 드라마;
(+2148, -41)

Why would you even bother with an extension when the main lead's schedule doesn't align...this is the the first time I've seen this scenario happen. 

kind****
진짜 갈수록 답이 없는 드라마였어요 고생하셨어요 ㅠ
(+857, -34)
Really this was a drama that made less sense as it developed. You worked hard. 

ejle****댓글모음
이제 더이상 황품 안봐도 되니 좋아요..진작 안보고 싶었는데 진혁님 때문에 억지로 본거거든요.? .잘되었어요. 팬미팅 대성공바랍니다♡♡♡
(+640, -127)

I'm glad that I don't have to watch this drama anymore. I didn't want to watch it anyway. I only was watching for CJH and was forcing myself. It turned out well. I hope your fan meeting goes well. 

This is such a disappointment. I wonder how they framed the last two episodes. Definitely a bad sign for CWB's character, but they did say that he was terminal. That being said, this is also a makjang drama, so who knows? The writer obviously didn't plan his or her script very well. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ErikaJ said:

I am so shocked by this news. It literally makes no sense. Why would you extend the drama, knowing that one of your main male leads cannot shoot the extension episodes? They did Choi Jin Hyuk dirty. I'm Korean American, so I know some Korean. In his instagram post, he's just acknowledging the news and thanking his fans. I'm looking at Naver, and the news is the number one article right now. Here are some rough translations of the comments:

kill****
아니 남주가 스케줄이 안되는데 연장을 한거임? 이게 뭔ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
(+4444, -52)

Why would you extend the drama it doesn't fit into your main lead's schedule? What is this?

juwo****
주연 스케줄이 안되는데 왜 굳이 연장을 하지ㅋㅋㅋ 이런 경우는 처음 보네 여러모로 역대급 드라마;
(+2148, -41)

Why would you even bother with an extension when the main lead's schedule doesn't align...this is the the first time I've seen this scenario happen. 

kind****
진짜 갈수록 답이 없는 드라마였어요 고생하셨어요 ㅠ
(+857, -34)
Really this was a drama that made less sense as it developed. You worked hard. 

ejle****댓글모음
이제 더이상 황품 안봐도 되니 좋아요..진작 안보고 싶었는데 진혁님 때문에 억지로 본거거든요.? .잘되었어요. 팬미팅 대성공바랍니다♡♡♡
(+640, -127)

I'm not watching this drama anymore, so that's good. I didn't want to watch it anyway. I only was watching for CJH and was forcing myself. This is good. I hope your fan meeting goes well. 

This is such a disappointment. I wonder how they framed the last two episodes. Definitely a bad sign for CWB's character, but they did say that he was terminal. That being said, this is also a makjang drama, so who knows? The writer obviously didn't plan his or her script very well. 

This is really a disheartening turn of events. 

Really disheartening.

I was ready for this to end this week. But it was extended.

And now this.

I'll stay. I went through MotA. I'll push through TLE too. Sobs.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Whatever it is the ending just wont be good there no possible way without  one of the leads which STILL has his plot points not close to wrapped up.

I am glad I was not very invested in this drama but I feel sorry for people who where.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

It so heartbreaking.. I wish more smile from Woo Bin but, nothing happen till the end.

Last appearence is when he left the palace with Sunny on Lee Hyuk dreams, no word said. It totally in the begining of 48th episode. 

Then he just disappear, what about Dong Shik? :bawling:

So he just forgive LH and MYR till the end? 

How can he just disappear at total left episode? 

Maybe he just left a letter to Sunny. 

He finish his duty in the imperial family as auditor, to reveal who killed SH and attemp to murder Lee Yoon. He will continue his live in peace silent from anyone. So no one can trace him, so he don't need to appear. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Whatever it is the ending just wont be good there no possible way without  one of the leads which STILL has his plot points not close to wrapped up.

I am glad I was not very invested in this drama but I feel sorry for people who where.

I feel sorry for myself lol

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Its either poor planning or something happened behind the scenes at the last minute... There were rumors the last what, two weeks about the possibility of an extension why not find out from the cast their schedules and availability for filming and try to sort out the script beforehand..

• Like 4
  • Sad 1