Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

After watching epi 45-46 with subs i can't wait character Empress Eun and Sa Goon Ja...ED must be stress with two character that..

Spoiler

"After you knew all that… you two deceived me? How could you do that to me?"

Me me me... he's so self-centered. Why shouldn't they? He ruined their lives! All they want is to put him in jail and that's the least he deserves. LH can't understand that he isn't a victim because he is just plain stupid I guess. :huh:

I knew he was horrible to women and all, but it's become apparent that he's a hardcore chauvinist. What exactly is his problem? He has 0 respect for women in general. A mere woman? Ew. He's rotten. :mask:

"You used people like Ma Pil Joo and left incurable wounds on these people. Just like the bullet in my head."

Standing ovation. OMG, YES! They finally brought it up! I'm so glad the writer did not try to clear Hyuk from this.  :thumbsup: 

So it was implied that LH has murdered other people before? No wonder he's always been so cold-hearted and unempathetic. As SN said, they (LH & ED) kill people like they are flies, or in WS's words, "he's not even human"  

Anyways, Lee Hyuk is awful but that's old news. You can tell he's not willing to change because how many times has SN tried to help him see his wrongs and he's unwilling to listen? :rolleyes: This only proves what I said all along: Sunny is not Lee Hyuk's cure. Her love cannot change him at all. He had no problem with watching how his mother threatened little DS with that needle. This is why I loved when WS beat him up (sorry, I did, it was cathartic and he had it coming :P). I knew Bin wasn't gonna kill him because he's the bigger man and doesn't want to be a murderer, but I loved that the Emperor finally received some punishment.

We only got one interaction between SN and WS but it was good. SN standing in front of Wang Sik trying to protect him from Lee Hyuk. LH was pointing a gun at her and she just stayed there without flinching to shield Bin. Then WS protected SN from LH. And how great was that moment when WS said "Empress" and Lee Hyuk had to stop Sunny from following our bodyguard because she was super worried? "Where are you taking him?!" The humiliation! Everyone could witness how the Emperor's wife had been helping his enemy and was willing to give her life for the man the Emperor hated. LOL. 

No amount of forced kisses can help LH, really. Sunny is pretty dead set on putting all of them in jail and leaving that place asap. Love can't be forced.  

On another note, there's nothing wrong with loving villains. They are usually more entertaining and interesting than the hero. I love myself a good villain (Sherlock's J.Moriarty is my particular fave), the problem is when people go out of their way to justify the villain's evil actions. No amount of sob stories can make an evil guy less evil and that's why (ideally) villains should go to jail and good people should be free. That's the only issue I have with all this LH worshipping.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

5. [+66,-1]
No, you should've saved the evidence in Google Drive, N Drive, etc. What's with a safe? If you want to put it in a safe, put it in a Swiss safe... 

Okay, this comment totally made me laugh. One would think that an empress like SN who is so up on using SNS to promote herself and the imperial family might put her data on a secure cloud site encrypted. It's safer there than in a little lockbox in her room, one would think.

So, LH is totally trash in this episode, isn't he? When he hears that SN is locked up in jail, his immediate reaction is to go "Ah ha! Now's my chance to search SN's room without being interrupted!" Yeah, love smlove, whatever.

LH is back to his usual psycho self, and I do think that it's in line with the way he's been with the women he has loved before. He shows devotion to the exclusion of other things, and then he gets tired of them and/or becomes paranoid about them, and then he's trying to hurt them and kill them. Yep, that would be a psycho in action. And, then after he gets SN released from being emprisoned, he's totally consumed by his sense of having been betrayed to threaten SN with having to be his wife for the rest of her days (not knowing that it was his mother who was forcing SN to sign the divorce papers) and then sexually assaulting her. Ugh. Ick.

I do think that SSR himself is so charming that he was able to make LH sympathetic despite starting the drama as a psycho. And, his lovesick, puppyish ways made the audience root for him despite knowing he's a psycho. But, really nothing has happened to change LH permanently. Nothing really to show why SN is different even than his previous wife, SH, who also seems to have been a good and loving wife to LH. I'm surprised that people are surprised that the character is being himself, but then I guess I'm not one of the ones who was rooting for Bluebeard aka LH to get the girl again.

Otherwise, I loved WNS' role in these two episodes. He looks amazingly dashing in his various fight scenes and confrontation scenes. Plus, he's able to finally reclaim his name. Yay!

6 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

3. [+105,-6]
There's a lot of pointing guns at people but no one is shooting~~~ Na Wang Shik and Lee Hyuk pointed their guns at each other and Min Yoo Ra pointed her gun at Lee Hyuk. 

Another LOL comment. All those guns, and no one actually being shot. Not that I'm advocating for gun violence in dramas or anything. It's just that it takes it to a new level of silliness to bring weapons in play, and then not have them be used without any real reasons given as to why they're not being used.

Is this drama ending yet? I guess it's not ending till next week, so they introduced a new Dowager Empress to act as regent for AR. It feels very late in the game to introduce yet another character, but I guess the writer is running out of twists to throw in to extend the story. I feel as if the audience is finally becoming bored of this drama, however. The imperial family doesn't feel as dark, evil, and all-powerful any more though. It's starting to look more like a dysfunctional family that one might see on a sensationalist American talk show, e.g. Jerry Springer. I think the writer has sacrificed too much for the twists and switching character alliances to make this drama as satisfying as had been expected. It's definitely not the same level of addictive as it was in the first half of its run. Too bad.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Last night's episode was ah-MAAAAA-zing! 

JNR gave a stellar performance. Her facial expression when she sneers at LH during their confrontation in her room. Awesome.

I just don't know what to do with LH anymore. SSR is such a good actor that I can hate LH one minute and love him in the next. What are the writers trying to do with this character? I hope they can make up their mind soon. He's being so possessive of SN that I am afraid he's going to kill both himself & SN. Yikes, no!

I just can't predict what the ending will be like. I hope we will get a glimpse at least of what's in that island in today's episode. 

• Like 5

@katakwasabi Yes, Im not sick, we're not sick, nice to know Im not the only one. Will let Hyuk continue his cray

DzUZTGJXQAY9Fwe.jpg

and not so cray yet stil cray state ... I dont know what Im saying, hopefully you understand me :P

ezgif-5-96b2855c2aad.gif

Who does that? after a near death experience of  falling off a cliff and first thing he asks for is instant coffee :lol: His medication must be instant coffee. SSR needs a CF for it, why wasnt this drama endorsed by it lol! They wouldve made a fortune :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, Sirry Usly said:

I still can't understand why people like the villain more. I honestly just don't. 

Ehehe. Its not understandable and maybe not meant to be understood. Lol

Its not the first time I liked a villain in a drama but i do think this is the first time I actually hoped a villain would reform. I did thought upbringing might had shaped his unstable psycho character. But he is now officially bad to the core. So i have stopped all hope for him to turn a new leaf :joy:

I was never onboard shipping Hyuk-Sunny. He was so evil even in the 1st ep and continued his evilness until he suddenly had a mini character transplant in maybe ep 12 when he played jegi with Sunny. But..he was bad for her before, bad for her still.

Liking a villain doesnt mean I agree or support his/her bad actions, but at times I do find villains more exciting to watch. They get to do over-the-top ridiculous stuff that makes me want to smack them hard and some has a signature a death stare that send shivers down my spine. And villains usually has the best line deliveries ever. But it is fun television non the less. It would be ideal to like all characters in a drama, but it is also unusual to like all of them.

I do find it frustrating why is it so hard for the good guys to win, the monarch isn't that bright or intelligent especially Hyuk and Sojin :sweatingbullets:.

And it also boils down to this: the character, the writing and the actor/actress. From observation, i find Hyuk and ED have the most material to work with compared to the others, they have lots of twists with their character development and/or story development.

However, I do believe that SSR's personal charm also plays a factor to why some viewers find Hyuk interesting and some can symphatize with his twisted childhood. SSR owns the character to a point I can't imagine any other actor can play psycho Hyuk and garner the same response as he has.

@stroppyse yep, the Imperial family is less darker, less evil as the series progressed. They lost the darkness half way through when they decided to make the villains comical.

The ratings are okay-ish. But its nowhere near their peak ratings mid series. There is a lot of action in one ep but so little progress with the story. 

• Like 7

So Sunny purpose to stay in the Imperial family only two that left to catch

1. who killed GED (I think it's KH) 

2. poisoning her food. (it reveal by Hyuk confess, he's the witness , if ED done this - he need's to alive right now of course, I think this why Woo Bin don't killed him right now, Lee Hyuk must be know something to make ED down for sure, to easy if he die right now, courious what will happen to the 10th Lee Hyuk crowned as Emperor ceremony)  

I'm courious about what Woo Bin said after Lee Hyuk fallin himself to the water,

You are innocent? Then do your best to stay alive. Just like I did

Is he enough to revenge of her mother and Sunny? What is the meaning of his statement

He'll be ruin the Imperial family for sure.. But the main evil is ED. I love how he steal from ED and So Jin.. don't cry MY BIN.. Maybe she's shock know if he is Na Wang Shik (remind a fat boy) 

I'm also courious when Kang Hee said she's on the same boat with Yu Ra, what does it means.. 

Hope there's no other person that come to revenge like Yu Ra, Woo Bin, and Sunny especially Kang Hee, she is real evil!! 

I think if Yu Ra point at Lee Hyuk down, and this make her purpose to make A Ri an Empress Regnant more easy. She is evil brainwashing KJS, and wanna make ED down to.

This make me sure if KH also killed GED. if she know ED killed GED, she must not in silent. 

I hate KANG HEE so ARROGANT. 

And also.. the maids gossiping Kang Hee became Empress.. how can this happen, if she never married to Lee Hyuk? What a stupid maid, that dunno the problem.

About EMPRESS EUN, wife of DEPOSED EMPEROR (the question is the deposed Emperor is alive or not?? Is ED kidnap him in the Island? ) 

Maybe ED husband not first heir, just crowned prince, maybe he's the second son. Then ED make a plot to make her in law down. Then make her husband an Emperor then she became Empress. 

I don't understand with Lee Hyuk,, he said if the Sunny affair is about Husband and Wife matter. 

What's on his mind?? He is possessed to Sunny. He is broken his wedding pict, he's search in Sunny's chamber, then he still release Sunny from jail, and also he refuse to divorce her. 

What's Woo Bin afraid is true, how if Lee Hyuk never let Sunny go. It's truly happen. 

• Like 1

Oh @Kasmic! We think a like in our last drama. No we are here too with minds alike. :joy:

Let Hyuk be cray all he want now. He is bad and cray. It takes a miracle or magic for him to be nice as it seems. So lets just let him be.

Your gifs are amazing. Hyuk asking for coffee first and foremost after his near-death fall from a cliff was so ridiculous. This is why sometimes in a drama the villains have loads more fun. They get scenes like this. His finger was about to be cut off. But he asks for coffee?! Hahaha

ezgif-5-96b2855c2aad.gif

Lost opportunity for all coffee brands that did not endorse TLE. Hyuk and his coffee arc could have made them a fortune hahaha

• LOL 2

Is something wrong with the writers brain? Hyuk character development was so smooth since he fall in love with Sunny, he shows that he can be kind and all. But what suddenly happened? I feel like the middle of the story didnt happened and it started all over again just like in the beginning. He even team up with NWS n SN to fight his mother, suddenly that plot gone missing and it become a mess. Now its a mess. Its really a bad idea to extend the drama. See how the ratings goes up and down. It because the writer is inconsistent with the character especially Hyuk. What are they going to do with him? Making him a villain in the beginning make me hate him so much , and then suddenly change his character to kind and funny LH and shows that he will changed for the better. Then suddenly he become the crazy LH again. Seriously???? Whats that scene of him and SN for??? I thought for him to change into a better person. BUT ITS NOT .. Nothing has changed he still the same . SERIOUSLY writer??? I think this happened because the drama got extension. Its getting draggy. What annoyed me the most is, they keep on making LH suspicious of SN behaviour towards him. I thought they are getting better? SN trust him and know he didnt do all that bad things in the middle of the story. Now what??? OMG the writers keep on doing the same thing again n again if u guys notice with LH character. Someone should make a graph of LH behaviour it will be up and down. Also, whats with KING NWS??? HAHAHAHA .. Really??? What if they make NWS the emperor in the end? Thats the most trash thing ever happened in my opinion, they better not.I thought LH can change for the better, im already plan to rewatch this drama after its end, but seeing all this latest episode make me so dissapointed with how the story goes. So SAD. Oh, and its the first time ever in a drama that im supporting the villain more than the good people. I really hope LH can change and become a good person. But the writer ruined it. TOTALLY ruined it. 

• Like 2

LH never change  its the same viscous cycle he goes though with every other woman in his life. Oh I am so in love  then flips a switch when it does not go his way.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Seriously!!! Why LH is so obsessed with Sunny??? Until forced himself onto her!!!!! Dang!!! That's the thing I will never understand about love relationship. When she was in love with you, u were trying to killed her, now she's despite you, u are now trying to be a devoted husband? HuMAN!??!!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, hahanzyy said:

@flutterby06, thank you so much for translating the above segment :)

i find that in many of the BTS, JNR is always extra animated or hyper around CJH. They really have great chemistry. Who knows, maybe more sparks will fly during their reward vacation :wub:

JNR is always playful... To those who knew her since her debut, she has always been playful...

But only to selected people who she has been with for a long time or knew her long enough. 

CJH is definitely one of them since they knew each other before he debuted (CJH mentioned it during FTLY.) 

But I have always thought of her as a very careful person, who would put space between her and co-stars once they finish a project.

The close ones she maintains close relationships with are usually the females or supporting actors. But we can't really blame her for that since the Korean media or netizens have been eagerly pairing her off with anyone... XP But that doesn't really help much since she still suffers from out of nowhere dating rumors... 

Remember the Coffee Van incident during School 2012 with Kim Nam Gil?
Also, of course, the Park Bo Gum marriage rumor in 2016 and 2017?

In a way, she is forced to draw lines between people and sometimes too hastily... XP 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jessboii25 said:

Seriously!!! Why LH is so obsessed with Sunny??? Until forced himself onto her!!!!! Dang!!! That's the thing I will never understand about love relationship. When she was in love with you, u were trying to killed her, now she's despite you, u are now trying to be a devoted husband? HuMAN!??!!

We need to ask the writer. We are all wondering the same thing. Just kidding. Hehe

I don't know why. I don't even think he's trying to be devoted. There is no devotion in his action. Not even a bit. Obsessed yes, devoted no. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sw33tm3lody said:

Reveal hidden contents

Me me me... he's so self-centered. Why shouldn't they? He ruined their lives! All they want is to put him in jail and that's the least he deserves. LH can't understand that he isn't a victim because he is just plain stupid I guess. :huh:

I knew he was horrible to women and all, but it's become apparent that he's a hardcore chauvinist. What exactly is his problem? He has 0 respect for women in general. A mere woman? Ew. He's rotten. :mask:

"You used people like Ma Pil Joo and left incurable wounds on these people. Just like the bullet in my head."

Standing ovation. OMG, YES! They finally brought it up! I'm so glad the writer did not try to clear Hyuk from this.  :thumbsup: 

So it was implied that LH has murdered other people before? No wonder he's always been so cold-hearted and unempathetic. As SN said, they (LH & ED) kill people like they are flies, or in WS's words, "he's not even human"  

Anyways, Lee Hyuk is awful but that's old news. You can tell he's not willing to change because how many times has SN tried to help him see his wrongs and he's unwilling to listen? :rolleyes: This only proves what I said all along: Sunny is not Lee Hyuk's cure. Her love cannot change him at all. He had no problem with watching how his mother threatened little DS with that needle. This is why I loved when WS beat him up (sorry, I did, it was cathartic and he had it coming :P). I knew Bin wasn't gonna kill him because he's the bigger man and doesn't want to be a murderer, but I loved that the Emperor finally received some punishment.

We only got one interaction between SN and WS but it was good. SN standing in front of Wang Sik trying to protect him from Lee Hyuk. LH was pointing a gun at her and she just stayed there without flinching to shield Bin. Then WS protected SN from LH. And how great was that moment when WS said "Empress" and Lee Hyuk had to stop Sunny from following our bodyguard because she was super worried? "Where are you taking him?!" The humiliation! Everyone could witness how the Emperor's wife had been helping his enemy and was willing to give her life for the man the Emperor hated. LOL. 

No amount of forced kisses can help LH, really. Sunny is pretty dead set on putting all of them in jail and leaving that place asap. Love can't be forced.  

On another note, there's nothing wrong with loving villains. They are usually more entertaining and interesting than the hero. I love myself a good villain (Sherlock's J.Moriarty is my particular fave), the problem is when people go out of their way to justify the villain's evil actions. No amount of sob stories can make an evil guy less evil and that's why (ideally) villains should go to jail and good people should be free. That's the only issue I have with all this LH worshipping.

I saw on instagram comments that some LE international fans expect the last scene of yesterday episode will be continued with bed scene. How ridiculous it is...:crazy:

Pretty sure it will not happen since Koreans public are sensitive about this

11 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

5. [+66,-1]
No, you should've saved the evidence in Google Drive, N Drive, etc. What's with a safe? If you want to put it in a safe, put it in a Swiss safe... 

6. [+58,-12]
I hope Choi Jin Hyuk takes on a bright and healthy role in his next project~^^

7. [+46,-7]
Reflection time for the people who have supported Oh Ssu Ni and Lee Hyuk.. 

5. This is coming from frustrated people like us who are tired of watching good people loosing their precious evidences to bad people just like that! ha ha ha...

6. The character CJH played in last to dramas(Devilish Joy and The Last Empress) both were sich and terminally ill at some point. But in DJ he lived. I hope NWS would survive too. It's makjang..please.

7. Yep..Asking redemption arc for Lee Hyuk is one thing but sacrificing Sunny for that is a very weird thought. Sunny deserves better..way better than a self centered jerk like Lee Hyuk. If people thinks Sunny needs to be there to preserve Lee Hyuk's sanity.. Well Hello..There's Mental hospital for a reason. Don't dump Lee Hyuk on Sunny.

Thanks for that @sw33tm3lody, I was like-I thought you liked Wang Game the most..But look at you playing victim is your favorite, no? How much selfish can he be. All the cold hard truth Sunny has been telling him, he paid attention to none. The only thing he cared about is they deceived him..Well hello their happy life is ruined because of you!

Haven't watched the whole episode yet. But watched the opening scene. Loved it. It was so intense! I wonder how Choi Jin Hyuk brings out that voice! :o

The trio did great to bring out the emotions in this scene. And the winning moment when Sunny tells it to Lee Hyuk "Shoot me if you want." in response to his question " What's the relationship between you two?". The honest response from Sunny shook Lee Hyuk.

If anyone has  a better gif of Wang Shik Shilding Sunny and vice versa, please share with us.That scene is :heart:

When NWS says "Hwangu Mama" and Sunny was worried "Where are you taking him?" ..Even when they're dragging her, she kept looking back for NWS. .aah.. such awesome OTP moment, expresses more deep than lovey dovey scenes. :D

I'm planning to watch both episode tonight. Can't wait..

• Like 4

2 hours ago, illay said:

I saw on instagram comments that some LE international fans expect the last scene of yesterday episode will be continued with bed scene. How ridiculous it is...:crazy:

Hahaha...i hope Sunny push and fight although Lee Hyuk a her husband ...

• Like 1

Second last week, before this drama winds up…& as expected things getting paced up....& glad

WangShik had been safe…& we gonna see more of him … A new character, Empress Eun…at final stages…though its too late, but if it helps in taking down the imperial family I don’t mind her late entry….hope she gonna stay useful & helpful to WangShik, considering He saved her life.

First few minutes of the episode was so intense, nail biting…& intriguing to know who will manage to get the upper hand b/w WangShik-Hyuk… (so in love with the BG score) felt so like Hugging WangShik when he was talking abt his mother…. (JinHyuk nailed that scene, perfect expressions) & Hyuk disappointed me didn’t even showed any remorse for his actions…

So loved their face off…even their action sequence on the bridge…Hyuk so deserved that kicks & punches…seeing WangShik beat Hyuk with all his heart was so richard simmons satisfying, had been waiting for this moment…WangShik had been holding up his frustration for long…though it was surprising how

WangShik left Hyuk alive… hope he has another plan ahead to fulfill his revenge…so he can be at peace.

For me personally, at this stage, Hyuk is a gone case …. :P he keeps swinging from being bad to good to

back being Bad…when we were completely hating him, he was turned into cute Hyuk…& when we started liking him he was back to being the Evil ruthless Hyuk… (fingers crossed, hope he gonna stay same till finale) I really wonder if writer wants him to be the “Hero” or the “Villain” he cant be both…& the way he behaved with Sunny, be the forceful kiss or him being so hard & rash with her…was heartbreaking…

Sunny jumping in to save WangShik, wonder if it was right thing to do, or was it even required, it instead brought more trouble for her, considering now even Bin is not around in palace to help her when needed…
It was good to see Princess Ari helping her, & even told truth about KangHee...& even court ladies were one by one coming with clues to her, she had enough proofs …only to be destroyed by Hyuk…Hope she had saved a copy of them with WangShik.

KangHee is getting eviler with episodes, expecting more punishment than anyone else…as for YuRa, she helping Sunny, I don’t think its way for her redemption, neither she is wholly on Sunny’s side…but its her means to the end…its her survival instinct which making her do anything she can, even if it means

helping Sunny…

A special mention to Shin SungRok, the actor, he does has a personal charm in portraying evil Hyuk & even the cute funny Hyuk…. He makes Hyuk interesting as a character, where some hate him, some sympathise with him, He literally owns the character to a point …had seen him playing evil psycho in My Love from another star…& he nailing it this time round too…

Hope extended episodes will make sure evil people suffer & people get happy end who deserve it…

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, illay said:

Of course it won't be happen I'm sure for 100%..

Hope Sunny use her self defence skill.. :star:  

At least she can escape from Lee Hyuk, who else can help her in this situation? She is with her husband/ Emperor in her chamber, who can easily interupted.. 

Ohh.. or maybe she saved by Min Yu Ra.. 

Or.. ED interupt the scene, she don't want his son with Sunny, ED don't want his son even be a husband (remember her plot to framed LH about Sunny's mother death by send compensation money to her family?) 

• Like 1