[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@jechoi1

So agree, TLE has been drama which is more about characters than anything else...
NWS/WooBin its always been about his personal revenge, dats main reason why I see his character getting killed off 99.9% only a Kdrama miracle twist can save him.

He has his own flaws & his personal revenge was main reason, he came to palace in first place & went through all the hardwork... its always about him...its only meeting Sunny he got protective towards her ...He didn't want to go for the bigger picture, for him its enough if Emperor gets punished for the crime...Where as Sunny & Byuk , his team, even Yoon, they are working for downfall of imperial family & both personally will achieve their mission... Imperial downfall will be automatically a punishment  for Emperor & its other way round too...Emperor getting punished for his crime will be beginning of imperial downfall....

As for ship its my fangirl desire to see BinSunny get together in the end....but logically, I think she will end up alone with Bin dying & LH getting punished...or may be after his reform, she might forgive LH ...
Somewhere deep I can feel her character dying too, giving justice to the title "last empress" Sunny being the last empress, or she will just give up the title. & will the last empress...

As of now, I am waiting  & keeping my fingers crossed for a sensible ending the b'ful story rather than a rushed or illogical ending ....

On 2/5/2019 at 7:52 PM, jechoi1 said:

I think this drama is about characters and revenge.  And this is the flaw in Bin's character.  He was never really a thinker as NWS and he's the same as CWB.  As NWS, he was quick and hot to act, usually with his fists.  CWB is still very similar.  He takes a lot of what I think are unnecessary risks.  He also seems to be focused too deeply on revenge.  Yes, I understand that's why he changed in the first place, but then I was hoping that after becoming an integral part of the underground group, that he would see the big picture.  It's not just his mom's death and the attempt on his life that is at issue here.  Many, many others have died as well, but CWB still seems to ignore that.  Yes, I understand that he is living on a limited timeline and he wants to see something tangible before he dies, but it seems selfish that he's willing to risk his team's right to revenge/satisfaction as well.

I think due to NWS stoic demenour sometimes his character growth is missed, there is definitely a difference to how he was in the beginning and to now. If anything he has been able to see the big picture and reel himself in. If he was all about himself and didn't care he wouldn't be working with the group in the first place.

Considering he is the bodyguard and his close proximity to LH, ED and MYR if he really wanted to he could have gotten his revenge and left. The guy has limited time but instead he is working with the others to find all the evidence to bring down the palace.

His scene with MYR also showed where his mindset is, even after all the disrespectful things MYR said about his mother, he managed to get a hold of his anger and put his own need for revenge aside and think about the team and the bigger picture and thought of a smart plan to put MYR and KJS together just so KJS can get his memory back as he is one of the puzzle to bringing down the family.

Also all those times he has protected and helped Sunny, even to the point of trying to get her out of the palace so she wouldn't be harmed.

Even with SJ, him using her was not nice but he still helped her when ED was trying to get her to sign those fraudulent papers.

There has been other moments where he put others first. Is he angry and wants revenge, yes but he knows that this is not just about him. 

Woobin is strategically thinking about his moves for this revenge. If he just think about pure revenge then Lee Hyuk, Yura and ED have been died since earlier episodes tho. He make sure Sunny, Dongsik and Byun are safe for the first place. I think it's countless how many times he safe her life. 

Wangsik was extrovert, careless and temper person. Woobin is stoic, calm and very difficult to express his emotion. That's his character deveploment.

6 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

So guys what do you think is happening here! :o

They are the people that prepared by Woo Bin to protect Sunny in the palace if Woo Bin kicked out before his revenge success. Maybe they're the people that get money from Woo Bin in the last episode. They want to serve Sunny. They get full payment of money that Chun Woo Bin said if the imperial family take from them. 

Hope it more than it, i.e. Sunny became the higest position in the palace (but I don't think if in this episode yet, its to early). 

2 hours ago, Purnima Dixit said:

NWS/WooBin its always been about his personal revenge, dats main reason why I see his character getting killed off 99.9% only a Kdrama miracle twist can save him.

I think his second life is a miracle too, and also... his appearance .. 

When Byun save him the first time, the doctor said there's no chance, he might die. But ... its a total humor that show up,  he's life and became so handsome... The doctor also said if just lower chance of success.. it doesn't mean if no chance. It not need a miracle to make someone alive, it can be explained by science, because there is a LOW CHANCE to him survive after surgery. It's a miracle or total humor when he is get his height when he's on diet. No science explanation about this, how it can be happen. 

Chun Woo Bin (i love this name than Na Wang Shik) hoohooo... Please, don't kill him.. I wanna look he is smile.. so calm and peace. He must alive, get justice, and calm his revenge (he won't get peace of live when his heart still hurt and wish a revenge) and I wanna him live better in the end. 

3 hours ago, laivla said:

I think his second life is a miracle too, and also... his appearance .. 

When Byun save him the first time, the doctor said there's no chance, he might die. But ... its a total humor that show up,  he's life and became so handsome... The doctor also said if just lower chance of success.. it doesn't mean if no chance. It not need a miracle to make someone alive, it can be explained by science, because there is a LOW CHANCE to him survive after surgery. It's a miracle or total humor when he is get his height when he's on diet. No science explanation about this, how it can be happen. 

Let's not make too much fun on the sudden change of appearance here.. The production along with CJH wanted to try the special make up that can make people fat but dropped the idea because it was said that it could be dangerous wearing that make up in the water.. Fat Na Wang Shik had to drown in water twice.It's also difficult expressing emotions properly with that make up on, might even look laughable. So that's why they had to use another actor. The actor even gained extra weight for that role! CJH said in an interview that he wanted use special make up but had to drop the idea because of above reasons.

They just wanted to show how a random hot tempered clueless guy changed himself 360 degree after going through such painful experience. People do appear more good looking after they loose unnecessary weight.

3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Excited for tonight. So excited. I wish subs can come out as fast as Goblin's subs previously hahahaha

is there an episode? thought because of lunar new year, there are no episodes this week????

The ending that is guaranteed to drive up ratings

1. The Empress Dowager escapes to the island through a secret passageway under the flower garden. She swims all the way there, and passes out. Empress So Hyun's father appears from nowhere and gives her mouth to mouth resuscitation. He dies suddenly, halfway, because she spews poison into his mouth. Yep, she was keeping it in her mouth all the way through that swim. 

2. The island is the place where she has imprisoned the ex-king. We find out that he's alive but has turned into a zombie. He bites her and she turns into a zombie.

3. Yura kills the nanny and runs to the asylum to hide under her ex boyfriend's bed and eat his food. The boyfriend lies down on the bed while she's eating, and the movement jostles her hand and her fork pierces her neck by accident and she dies. 

4. Lee Hyuk goes stark raving crazy and kills the nanny to avenge the death of So Hyun. He finds the passageway under the flower garden and swims to the island to kill his mother. He sees a dark shadow when he swims ashore and screams, "I'm coming for you, Mother." Screams. Blackout. Next scene next day, pans from far away, figures of three zombies milling around. 

5. Woo Bin gets a head transplant and a new face - again. 

6. Sunny leaves the palace and becomes a commoner.

7. Yoon becomes the Emperor.

8. Ari stays on in the palace and is adopted by Yoon who marries Helro.

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

is there an episode? thought because of lunar new year, there are no episodes this week????

They're going to air episode 22 today.

Thinking about no episode whole week scares me! It already is a torture thinking we're getting only one ep in such a crucial moment of the drama! 

@flutterby06. It’s hard to predict anymore from just looking at released stills. :sweatingbullets:. This writer has been so good at giving the audience surprises be it bad or good. Even previews can be misleading. But I will try..hehe.

1. Sunny breaking the news to the guards that WB is arrested for suspicion of attempted murder and she promises to get him out and reassures them that he is innocent

2. As @laivla mentioned, Sunny finds out sadly that the guards have been instructed by WB to protect her even if he is not around 

3. SUnny preparing the guards for a showdown with ED and villians and as WB is not around , she takes over in command

well chingus.. almost time.. let’s enjoy TLE to the fullest:lol:

1 minute ago, AlexandraReid said:

yes they'll be only aired 1 ep for this week, i don't think they would air it on Friday tho lol :sweatingbullets:

am in such a daze lately. yesterday, I thought it was thursday.... today is thursday but I kept thinking it was wednesday.. :sweatingbullets:

Live recap under spoiler. Disclaimer i'm not fluent in korean. I did this before for MotA. Haha. 

Spoiler

I'm late..

It seems ED knows about evil Kwang Hee

Yoon is ok. He is alive.

Sunny says something about Yoon's phone to ED.

End of ep 43

Ad

We continue

New character at the hospital. Bin comes and give them money. Is he robin hood or something. I dont know who these characters are.

Now KH nows about Yoon's phone. I think its a trap by Sunny. Sunny puts the phone in a drawer (i think on purpose). And sunny reenters with Hyuk on a wheel chair. It really was a trap! Good one sunny!

Urgghh. ED is on KH's side. No Hyuk! Don't believe evil mummmmmm~

ED is blaming Bin. Both Sunny and Hyuk says No!

Stop feeding Hyuk with lies ED! Stop it! Noooo..he remembers Sunny's manipulative words. But he's in denial. You're doing great Hyuk. Hold on! Don't fall for it again!

ED tells Hyuk: Yoon, Bin, Byun and Sunny are in cahoots. But Hyuk refuses to believe her. At least for now. Come on Hyuk! Fight it!

ED goes out from the room with a smirk..urghhh..evillllll. stop playing with Hyuk.

No! Hyuk is snapping! No! He remembers all Sunny-Bin moments. Vase breaking scene.

Bin is arrested and questioned. (Side note: wheres ponytail detective? Heh)

Hyuk enters the room with pictures of Bin, Byun and Yoon together. He's mad at his bro. And sunny enters to defend Bin. Hyuk requests the truth from Sunny. What are they planning(?).

Oh no Hyuk! He remembers the moment before Sohyun dies. And he fully snaps! Omg! (I'm sad..i want him to be nice)

He calls Min Yura and asks her about Na Wang Shik. 

Hyuk! You where so close to being nice. Arghhhh.

He injects Bin with something. I think its a tranquilizer.

Sunny asks for Min Yura's help. I dont know if she's willing to help.

Bodyguards are dispatched by Sunny to help Bin.

I dont know who sent these people to Sunny's house to get Dongshik. Might be emperor or ED.

Hyuk starts to asks Bin questions.

Lol. That was easy. Someone rang the alarm. And Hyuk goes out and sunny comes in with body guards to help Bin.

Min Yura comes and tell Bin to follow what Sunny says. Because currently Bin is going cray wanting to go save Dongshik. I seriously think this is a trap.

Yep....he arrives in front of ED and Dongshik. And Hyuk comes out. All guns are out. He admits he is Na Wang Shik. Hyuk looks enrage. Both take out their guns. 

End of ep.

Preview...wow. Hyuk seems to lost all marbles and breaks his wedding pic. 

Archived