[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read this somewhere so I don't know this is correct or not. Knetz was angry that the emperor is made so cruel because they thought no korean emperor like that. So I think the writer should change the direction making emperor looks clean using childhood story. Now I understand why the hate the real pitiful person, Na Wang Sik. Though it just a fiction, it is somehow could make the outsider like us think it's represent korean monarchy. I'm sure writer will make the real criminal is the nanny to avoid conflicts with knetz. Notice that the direction of drama was turnef since the writer made Lee Hyuk looks cute. 

Knetz also want Lee Hyuk end up with the empress because somehow it is their pride. That's why they keep defending him. The empress should be with the emperor not someone else. Thus, I'm pretty sure WB-SN is impossible. Sunny might back to lee hyuk or staying alone at the end of series.

At the beginning of the series actually WB-SN chemistry was on top notch. But somehow it lost due to Hyuk' s screen time that pushed to be with her. It is unfortunate since Nara-Jinhyuk 's chemistry off screen is sweet.

31 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

I read this somewhere so I don't know this is correct or not. Knetz was angry that the emperor is made so cruel because they thought no korean emperor like that. So I think the writer should change the direction making emperor looks clean using childhood story. Now I understand why the hate the real pitiful person, Na Wang Sik. Though it just a fiction, it is somehow could make the outsider like us think it's represent korean monarchy. I'm sure writer will make the real criminal is the nanny to avoid conflicts with knetz. Notice that the direction of drama was turnef since the writer made Lee Hyuk looks cute. 

Knetz also want Lee Hyuk end up with the empress because somehow it is their pride. That's why they keep defending him. The empress should be with the emperor not someone else. Thus, I'm pretty sure WB-SN is impossible. Sunny might back to lee hyuk or staying alone at the end of series.

At the beginning of the series actually WB-SN chemistry was on top notch. But somehow it lost due to Hyuk' s screen time that pushed to be with her. It is unfortunate since Nara-Jinhyuk 's chemistry off screen is sweet.

This is true, i think she'll end up alone or atleast still married to LH at the end of the drama. 

The nanny makes my blood boil so much !!! and also ED. 

20 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

I think the script writer waste her time too much on romance that most of mysteries still not open up yet. Who killed grandma and the doctor, who killed Mrs. Song, what is the purpose of cookies in the go down of palace, the smell in the garden, what's the island, Is it true Sunny is the richest one among all of them, what about the ex-guard of Seo Hyun, prime minister and Kang Hee...oh my..so many and yet she still focusing on the romance department while until now Sunny didn't get any clues. 

I think there's a mistery that still left "how many necklace for the empress?" How can it give to Sunny, when SH's corpse also used it? Sunny ever said what is the mistery behind this necklace. 

In the island... SH said that KJS already get the evidence what ED do in that island.. 

That's why I courious about what KJS draw in the wall... in ep.37 there is ZOOM IN of something dunno what it means or read, but... I'm more courious about the shape he draw, It looks like Papaver somniferum, opium poppy.

(I don't know they really going to investigate this mistery or not cz still a lot of circumtance in the palace, and the episode left .... I don't think, that's enough)  

9 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

I´m guessing that it was the nanny again. Since the video that Yoon was watching had something to do with her. I hope that Yoon just lost consciousness and did not actually died. The writer seems to give the vilains 9 lives and the good guys only 1. <_<

Maybe, she want A Ri become Empress Regant soon.. she will do everything to make it come true. 

I remember clearly, KH said to A Ri, if she can't be empress regant, she might be kick out of the palace. Is A Ri not Lee Hyuk daughter? 90% I think it's true. maybe, when she slept with LH, she already pregnant. MYR ever said that LH never slept with same women, and ED provide everytime he want after SH death. 

The real enemy of the Empire is Kang Hee. She might be get jealous of SH live at first and then she's greedy. It just looks like poor girl and Chief guard daughter that have everything she wish, then she also can be an Empress, SH must be so jealous, that's make her manipulate the pict of KJS, maybe in same way with Sunny's secret picture, then she gave it to ED. She have nothing, (I don't see if she have family or something) so she can do everything without any doubt. Maybe ED, Empress, Emperor, Crown Prince, Woo Bin, Min Yu Ra have something that they need to protect... But Kang Hee, she never think to protect A Ri without a purpose, she wanna control A Ri after she's crowned. I love she betrayed by PM when not make her wish come out. You don't feel how Ssu Ni confront you directly... You'll get it soon...

Anyway...

I'm just remember about SSR interview, he said "I will play Lee Hyuk in TLE. Should I tell you why I did this crazy marriage? It's because I didn't want any interference from mother. I used Oh Ssu Ni as a shield in order to be stronger, I didn't want to pushed around by mother!, I want to be real Emperor! 

Outstanding brain with devilish carm absolute power of Korea.. 

Is that mean.... 

Lee Hyuk will save the Imperial with Empress help. 

Lee Hyuk really deep in love with Sunny, he want himself let her go, if he want Sunny still alive, not being his parrot or SH that end die. When he ruin the braclet, Sunny said He is Emperor but not act as an Emperor, being coward and moron.

Woo Bin, how can every one said he'll die? 

The doctor just said "if operated now it will be low opportunity of success" ..

LOW !! if Woo Bin not die on his bettle field and get operation, his opportunity to life is higher, with Sunny confession if SHE LOVE HIM, DON'T DIE, everything will be okay now...

I think WB must be wake up. 

Just finished the eps..

Is MYR serious? Blaming everyone for her actions, it was because she thought JS left her.. No she is just a mean person. She was fortunate enough to be taken in by a nice family who treated her well, also she is the one that showed up at WS house. Blaming WS mother for taking her in.. Well if you hated the fact they were poor and couldn't do nothing for you, why didn't you try and find a rich family to take you in..? Her logic is truly baffling. The way she is able to drop and turn against people... She is really all about herself. 

So I guess this ep really showed that LH and SJ are related, "even if I have to take his legs, I will make him mine" erm what.? Who knows what she will do to be with CB also who knows what she will do if she finds out he is NWS and he was there to get revenge.

As for ED and KH they better have the biggest downfall ever, its actually quite sad and disturbing how they including MYR are able to use their children just for their greed. 

More good guys around, with Hello in the palace, there is probably a big showdown around the corner.

Am i the only one not buying the scene between Wangshik n Yura? I think its not enough its like something is missing. YURA IS THE ONE TRYING TO KILL HIS MOTHER, HIT her head with ROCK. Its not convincing with how Wang Shik react to it. I cant understand why Woo Bin hate Hyuk more than he hate Yura can u guys see it? Even after all this time they were together Woo Bin still not have slightest forgiveness for Hyuk . Even his mother said (imaginary) that if he do that to yura he is the same like her. But its not effective at all, whats the point? Cause he still want to revenge. The end of the latest episode why Sunny hold on to the flower? Did they want to make it like Hyuk is the one trying to kill Yoon? I dont think so, cause the guy still behind that door and Hyuk come in. Why Hyuk changes now? The ending seems like they want to BLAME Sunny for Prince Yoon faint.. Can anyone tell me when the last episode of this story? I think the story become drag too much now . I cant believe Yura will work together with Sunny , come on this girl kill Wang Shik mother, did the writer forgot?

9 hours ago, foreverempress said:

Nanny is boxed in. Nanny does not know it, but Sunny has video of her affair and video of her other machinations. The prime minister, if he remains and is smart will out her as a blackmailer & enlist Sunny's help. If the writer is smart, she should wrap up this nanny crap next week and reveal her to be the killer of the first empress and granny & save the downfall of dowager & Hyuk for the last week which should include what happened to her husband, the island, Wang Shik reveal, etc. Worst case scenario  Yoon is dead or injured beyond consciousness, the nanny blackmails somebody else to make Ari empress and Ari kicks Sunny out of the palace...Why? Because this writer tortures her leads and Sunny has been winning for too long. This scenario will happen if Yoon is injured beyond belief or is dead, with Sunny standing over him, they will accuse her once again of attempted murder.

But what could be the reason for them to accuse Sunny? What sin does Sunny does that she want to kill Yoon? Sunny is just a commoner before, she ddint do any sin that are recorded in that room. If its true they want to accuse Sunny, then its totally ridiculous. It bothers me with how Hyuk see Sunny and the flower in Sunny hand. They want to accuse Hyuk or what?

12 hours ago, autumna said:

That ending with Yoon and Sunny..? So was it really LH or is he being set up? Now that will be a twist lool if LH was also playing Sunny..

How can ? The black guy still behind the door, and then king come in. Are u serious? Even the knet commented that it does not make sense. I think someone trying to frame Hyuk again!

1 hour ago, leeybona said:

This is true, i think she'll end up alone or atleast still married to LH at the end of the drama. 

The nanny makes my blood boil so much !!! and also ED. 

Are you sure? Did the writer ever do it with the main leads in her previous shows? Based on my experience, I've seen a kdrama which the female lead didn't end up with the man that knetz wanted her to be with.

25 minutes ago, sanaspyshy said:

Am i the only one not buying the scene between Wangshik n Yura? I think its not enough its like something is missing. YURA IS THE ONE TRYING TO KILL HIS MOTHER, HIT her head with ROCK. Its not convincing with how Wang Shik react to it. I cant understand why Woo Bin hate Hyuk more than he hate Yura can u guys see it? Even after all this time they were together Woo Bin still not have slightest forgiveness for Hyuk . Even his mother said (imaginary) that if he do that to yura he is the same like her. But its not effective at all, whats the point? Cause he still want to revenge. The end of the latest episode why Sunny hold on to the flower? Did they want to make it like Hyuk is the one trying to kill Yoon? I dont think so, cause the guy still behind that door and Hyuk come in. Why Hyuk changes now? The ending seems like they want to BLAME Sunny for Prince Yoon faint.. Can anyone tell me when the last episode of this story? I think the story become drag too much now . I cant believe Yura will work together with Sunny , come on this girl kill Wang Shik mother, did the writer forgot?

WB believes that Hyuk killed his mother when he ran over her with his car.  He didn't know that YR was aware that his Mom was still alive.  She told the Emperor that he had killed her and she would help him cover his crime.  

@laivlaI am still wondering what that scene with the Emperor going to the garden where he supposedly buried his dead wife was about.  That was it and everyone has now forgotten about it! No further questions on how she died, where she is buried, who killed her, etc. 

1 hour ago, PutriSalju said:

If they felt so strongly about it, they shouldn't have started this drama then!  It is an immature and vain idea.  Throughout history of every country, people in power have done great good and horrible wickedness.  There is no country that can say that they only had great leaders - great, saintly leaders.  It is not national pride but lack of reality to think otherwise!

All the moments the emperor spends with Sonny, we can clearly see that Sonny is faking her feelings.  And for me, it just clearly shows they cannot end up together.  

5 minutes ago, O said:

WB believes that Hyuk killed his mother when he ran over her with his car.  He didn't know that YR was aware that his Mom was still alive.  She told the Emperor that he had killed her and she would help him cover his crime.  

@laivlaI am still wondering what that scene with the Emperor going to the garden where he supposedly buried his dead wife was about.  That was it and everyone has now forgotten about it! No further questions on how she died, where she is buried, who killed her, etc. 

If they felt so strongly about it, they shouldn't have started this drama then!  It is an immature and vain idea.  Throughout history of every country, people in power have done great good and horrible wickedness.  There is no country that can say that they only had great leaders - great, saintly leaders.  It is not national pride but lack of reality to think otherwise!

All the moments the emperor spends with Sonny, we can clearly see that Sonny is faking her feelings.  And for me, it just clearly shows they cannot end up together.  

That's true, Sunny said herself that she was an actress, she knew how to fake her expression, it will be a twist (for some people, but not me) that Sunny was playing along with LH's "love/obsession" for her to get her dignity back and take down the royal family, it's kind of an ironic way to mimic how LH toyed with Sunny's genuine love for him in the past.

I think my favorite scene of all for ep 21 was when ED told hello that she likes sunny more than her hahahahahha it was hilarious when both ED and sunny look at each other :joy: i love the comedy scenes of this drama, t’was fun watching ED and hyuk being comedic drama aside. 

The last scene, it made people think that Hyuk was the culprit. He fought with the crown prince. Then Sunny picked the flower that supposed to be on his suit in the crime scene. However, I think that the culprit wanted people to believe that Hyuk did it. ED and KH are so similar to each other, using their kids to benefit them, not care who will get hurt. Cannot wait to see what Sunny is going to do with the flower. 

12 hours ago, uma14 said:

This drama have  48 episodes... for this night epi 41-42...so still have 6 episodes again...

Not sure if it has been posted here yet. The episode which is supposed to air on February 6 is pre-empted. Instead, SBS will show the movie "Your Wedding" next Wednesday due to the Lunar New Year. Episodes 43-44 will be shown on Thursday. The series will end on February 14 since there is no confirmation just yet for any extension.

source: http://www.mediapen.com/news/view/411175

On 1/31/2019 at 1:45 PM, katakwasabi said:

I don't see Sunny forgetting Woobin's help. I for one, think she holds it at heart. Evenmore after hearing Woobin only has 3 months to live. Sunny getting along with Hyuk is part of her plan. She did get info about who poisoned the lunchbox she made for granny out of drunk Hyuk. Getting on the his good side will be beneficial to whatever her plan is. Even Woobin himself is playing Hyuk like a fiddle, he feigns brotherhood with Hyuk in front of Yoon. Both Sunny and Woobin have Hyuk in their hands. And i can't wait to see his reaction to being manipulated again and again. Hoho

Plus one, if anything, these two episodes actually shows otherwise. I don't think Sunny is unaffected by Won Bin's deadline, but rather it pushes her to act more. Think of it as a contributing factor to Sunny's sudden ruthless to her enemies. Especially to Min Yura. You can tell that they are both putting each other ahead of their selves, which is bittersweet because their love is forbidden. Sunny knows it well because she kept reminding people she is the empress and since she decided to enter the royal family on her own decision, she will leave on her own choice. People kept underestimating her because of her former innocent fangirl and petite cuteness... But when put to the test, she can really stand on her own.     

Woobin, on the other hand, is openly admitting his love to his enemy, out of the intention that he really wants Sunny out of the fire and into safety. They are both quite alike in some ways, very subtle carefully measured emotional reactions for fear that their reactions will cause trouble for each other. For those who can't see their love, it is because it's hidden between the lines and most of the time I feel that the script is not written but our Empress and Wonbin managed to lay it in with clues for the audience to spot them. 

Whether if there is going to be a Happily Ever After, I just want those who are suffering now to be happy. 

4 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

Nope. I don't agree with it. It's impossible that knetz would get angry when emperor is made so cruel. Every saeguk drama either it is based on true story or fictional, their king are portrayed as evil and weak. No one ever complained on that. Plus, Korean people don't like monarchy/king so much as they felt that they are being betrayed and left alone by the king and his royal family ages ago when wars erupted. They only take pride on certain king for their contribution in Korea.

On why knetz sided with Lee hyuk, there are no big reasons. They just like him. And he caught their attentions. Simple as that. SSR always able to command attention in his dramas even when he is a villain, so when writer make his character become complex and layered, that's just make the viewers drawn to him more. If Hyuk was played by other actors, his popularity won't be like it is now (tho I can named one or two actors that as good as SSR). And, if I am not mistaken, knetz start to talk about SSR-Nara chemistry even before the starts of this drama  after some photo being released by sbs. 

4 hours ago, lingx2 said:

The ratings are increasing. Will they be able to break their own record before this drama ends?

1 hour ago, Josh Marquez said:

I think my favorite scene of all for ep 21 was when ED told hello that she likes sunny more than her hahahahahha it was hilarious when both ED and sunny look at each other :joy: i love the comedy scenes of this drama, t’was fun watching ED and hyuk being comedic drama aside. 

Yeah It’s pretty funny how ED is fond of sunny in a way.

Archived