[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

I feel the pain. But it's nothing new for me. It's just Kim Soon Ok screwing over another male lead and being bad at writing love lines. I'm okay with the way she's writing SN and LH when they're together but there could have been so much more between SN and WB. They could have done a lot of things in secret. Let's just hope she doesn't actually kill him off.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, cherrynaam said:

The screenwriter gave the hero's weight very short.You should write this character clear but it has time to show results through the page the little screen.
The King role is important but you choose an actor Choi jin hyuk is Male lead of hero.
Therefore the flow kick back. People are not in love with both of them.
The King role give weight very much.The people forget the reasons and the truth that the NWS character have the most 

pitiful living in the story. I confirm that this character is important.
He is very opposite to the King. 
I will follow this story until the end. 

The glad choi jin hyuk very much.

he uses the acting the characters very well.
The communication through the eyes , emotion impressive.
Even though,he is not the role outstanding.

I agree that the writer really underplayed Woo Bin's character. Which is quite unfortunate really. 90% of viewers should be rooting for him, not the Emperor. I wonder if this was what the writer set out to do from the outset. Or if she just went along with the flow and ended up here. I can't wait for tomorrow's episode really, it's usually up RAW by 10:30am EST.

My personal opinion. I never found LH's character is attractive. I found him rather creepy. Not cute. That's why I don't get people say he's cute or pitiful. He is using himself to get Sunny's attention. He push her to stay with him. His mood keep changing. It is scary when someone act opposite from time to time. WB is ignoring Sunny perhaps emperor's order. 

I do feel this writer always make villain's character too deep which is wrong. It can make people feel sympathy for them while actually they need to be punished. How can people ask writer to kill WB's character while he's the one that actually deserve the happy ending because all the mess emperor's done? If there is a character that should be killed, it is Lee Hyuk. He was failed as the emperor, the oldest in his family, the father of his only child and the husband. 

And the chemistry of WB-SN also great. But the writer only give few second for their romance department. Most of time they were together are about revenge. So, how can we compare it? Even in the dance scene (where we expected much) still there was royal sibling....kkkk.... So if this two is still in the palace, we shouldn't request any romance from them XD. 

I'd like mention something very important.
Just because many are rooting for Lee Hyuk, why're many complaining that Woo Bin's not fun or have less depth! I get why many are loving Lee Hyuk, but I don't get where Wang Shik hate is coming from? (Are they missing something or I'm feeling more than necessary?)

PQq1544401311173-600.jpg

He used to be a hot tempered, strong yet kind man before. Without any plan he accused the Emperor(the accusation waw true but not very effective for catching the powerful people) tried to fight against palace goons..But let's see how far Na Wang Shik has come by becoming Chun Woo Bin. 

1. Woo Bin came in the palace and made sure the Emperor favours him. 
2. He even played ED by saying he'll do things necessary to save the palace. So she thought Woo Bin was just an easy guard who wants to be palace. At last we see how smartly he recorded her intention to scandalized the Empress.
3.He helped and cared for Sunny secretly. When Oh Sunny was angry by seeing Min Yura with her husband, she was upset but she thought it's unlike a Empress to fight against an assistant.. She's almost giving up Woo Bin told her not to suppress that she should fight for what's hers.

3.He earned the trust of Seo Jin (it's sad that Seo Jin had to be in that place, but it's crucial).
4. He kicked out ex chief guard.

5. He made sure Lee Hyuk and Min Yura are apart. Min Yura had no chance to defend herself when Lee Hyuk discarded her cruelly.

Yes he did all this..but still people think his character has no depth or not funny enough.

Just because he's not entertaining us by not being animated..?!

Woo bin came to the palace for a definite reason..that's to take revenge on the murderers of his mother. He didn't came here to profess his love for Sunny.

DHX1545812294748-600.jpg

Yes..He loves Sunny now..but he can't be vocal about it for obvious reasons. Also I don't think It's easy to approach The Empress of the nation. So he's just doing what he can..helping her in her battle and making sure she can win this battle unscratched and live her life happily.

04n1545371666488-600.jpg

Yes..I'd love to see them together..very much..( I'm sorry moderators but I have to say it :sweatingbullets:). But I love the subtle gestures of affection that we can see between Sunny-Woo Bin. Apart from being affectionate, they also trust each other a lot. For a Makjang drama, I love how relationships are building delicately in The Last Empress.

5 hours ago, daisybeen said:

Reading the comments on Naver left me feeling discouraged and frustrated about WB & OS. Many viewers at this point feel the same way too. WB & OS love-line is being dragged for much too long. A lot of people kept commenting that WB is no-jaem (meaning not fun) to watch anymore. Others were asking that he be killed already so that LH & OS can have more screen time. Also a dip in viewer ratings were predicted for the remaining episodes. At this point, I'm just tired hahaha. The writer should get things together already. It's become frustrating really:bawling:

People are going to like different characters and different ships if some don't want Sunny with WS that's fine, but hoping they get rid of him because of wanting LH/Sunny together is a bit much. I mean you can not want them together as a couple but still hope that WS gets a happy ending alone you know....?

I wouldn't mind WS/Sunny ending up together but shipping aside I want WS/DS along with Byun to get a nice ending together they have been through a lot, let them go back living their simple happy life the same with Sunny and her family.

4 hours ago, Sirry Usly said:

I really hope the empress and emperor DON"T end up together. Ik a lot of people want them to but I don't. Also, side note, please don't attack me for my opinion. Thanks 

Dont' worry; you're not alone.  There are just as many of us who don't want the emperor and Sunny to end up together.  Because the emperor knows how to soften his character, it is easy to overlook the evil he has done.  But we remember :P 

I don't see him as being in love with Sonny.  I know many people think he has fallen in love with her, and if she is by his side means he will henceforth be a good person.  He is lonely.  His pillars of support - evil mother and evil mistress are not with him.  He has no-one else to turn to.  And hey, he sees his Chief of Guard has fallen in love with his empress.  You know that a guy can be oblivious to you.  But when he notices the gal has an admirer, he starts looking at her differently too.  Guys are weird but they are wired that way! 

8 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Woo bin came to the palace for a definite reason..that's to take revenge on the murderers of his mother. He didn't came here to profess his love for Sunny.

Yes..He loves Sunny now..but he can't be vocal about it for obvious reasons. Also I don't think It's easy to approach The Empress of the nation. So he's just doing what he can..helping her in her battle and making sure she can win this battle unscratched and live her life happily.

Woo Bin just wanna make sure if she will save in the palace, that's how he love Sunny. He also understand if his time is limit. He want Sunny got protection in the palace without him anymore.

This is just a drama... so maybe its okay if the writter wanna end up Sunny with Woo Bin.  It's hard to the writter, to make turn around and acceptable ending. Sunny will end up with Woo Bin or Lee Hyuk, both of them is hard... 

Sunny is the Empress now, but as an Empress, she will be listed in the history till the end of her life. Although Lee Hyuk being punished, is that okay if Sunny divorce him?  People also will think if Sunny have no dignity, she just want money or something like that. When the Emperor down, she just happy with another man. It's just....

8 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Woo Bin just wanna make sure if she will save in the palace, that's how he love Sunny. He also understand if his time is limit. He want Sunny got protection in the palace without him anymore.

This is just a drama... so maybe its okay if the writter wanna end up Sunny with Woo Bin.  It's hard to the writter, to make turn around and acceptable ending. Sunny will end up with Woo Bin or Lee Hyuk, both of them is hard... 

Sunny is the Empress now, but as an Empress, she will be listed in the history till the end of her life. Although Lee Hyuk being punished, is that okay if Sunny divorce him?  People also will think if Sunny have no dignity, she just want money or something like that. When the Emperor down, she just happy with another man. It's just....

3 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Yes he did all this..but still people think his character has no depth or not funny enough.

Just because he's not entertaining us by not being animated..?!

In real life,  I prefer this kind of character, you feel safe around this kind of man :)

If too loud, too funny, too animated, for the beginning it will be nice, for the longer time it will be irritating plus if  that person doesn't have firm stand :glasses:

What she should focus on is presented because it is the propose of the script writer in the first objective.

The King is a puppet of the mother and the poorness of parenting that makes
He is a bipolar personality go 
Insert with dealing along the weight of the chapter in the section with the real killer and the person who tried to kill still have to be punished by law and planning to deal with ED & King.
The cause the reasoning direction to disappear because the king is pitiful but the fact cannot reason law.

The pitiful ,A impressive to the
characters Sunny & WS changed from the beginning of the story.He was saying King.
Do law wrong not pay because he is the King.

Why not ask the reason to relationship of Empress Sohyun with KJS ?

The King choose betray for Empress Sohyun has Nanny and prenant before ask with her.
She is a good person. 

The king love Sohyun but not trust bring of the choose betray to her.He was the person who caused her to die.

The king love Sunny but 
selfish. He want occupy but not truly love because she is unhappy. 

(NaWangShik )You are Win.
(The King) You are lose.

WB is the cheaf guard and on top of that he is also the personal guard of Sunny. So of course if someone tells him that she has fainted he is going to come running to check on her. So how does that prove that he is after his woman? This guy is just cray cray. 

Even tho WB is ignoring her he will still be looking after her from afar. It´s just sad on Sunny´s part because WB is the only person that she can count on in that palace and now he is being cold to her and she doesn´t know why. *side eyeing LH* 

20 hours ago, supergal99 said:

:) some clips:

Omo.. hottie admits he likes her??

He just now told some true words to the Emperor.. All because he wants to protect Sunny, wants her out of palace. :wub:

He kept helping Sunny because of how helpless and distressed she was when she first came to the palace. Woo Bin kept looking out for her. & That's how he fell for her, isn't he? :heart:

Archived