Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

21 minutes ago, jbeanie1709 said:

Found this on twittter today. Could not resist sharing it here. I love the way this person summed up epi 37-38 and how he/she wishes for the ending. It is like a newspaper article! I laughed at what he wrote at the ending of his summary and in a crazy drama like that I can be hopeful right?:lol: 

cr. Twitter owner@ beijingdoll

Hide contents

Refering to the twitter post, the last paragraph says that she/he wants WS/WB to be happy and gain weight and not care for it. 

It made me imagine..WB will have another transformation if he ends up happy at the end. He'll transform back to his original size since he wont need to be in disguise anymore. It would be hilarious if the writer does this. Give us another rocky-transform sequence but a happy version hahahaha

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the writer think about wb-sn romance very deep and carefully. They never ever cross the line. There are so many chances if the writer wants. I think it is a safe choice. If it is decided the endgame is Sunny-WB, the romance should looks sweet, soft but clean (means Sunny isn't married woman anymore). But if the endgame isn't with woobin, sunny still also 'clean' from any unappropriate moves with WB. 

• Like 11

@supergal99 Sunny looks so gorgeous in that white dress like an angel. :love:

WB is as handsome as ever. :wub:

If I remember correctly Sunny can´t swim..so she really need those swimming lessons and also for other reasons

giphy.gif

• LOL 6

@katakwasabi that would hilarious! But please not change the actor.. keep CJH as the pleasantly round WS. I don’t think I can survive another round of shock of not seeing the kead’s face at the very end ( referring to where stars land):blink:

@supergal99 those pics just got me drooling.. gosh.. he looks good in any color and in any suit!. Yikes! He looks even better in his swimming trunks!..:D:wub:

how to sleep now??.

• LOL 5

Im late joiner. Just finished running marathon on this... fiuh haha 19 episodes in 2 days :sweatingbullets::lol: I thought the drama is makjang, but surprisingly have a lot of fun in between. 

I knew its weird, but i liked LH-OS couple more, and its not even have an ion of possibility for them to be end game. 

9kc15Nf.jpg

What to do? I just somehow like them....

• Like 2
  • Love 4

30 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Im late joiner. Just finished running marathon on this... fiuh haha 19 episodes in 2 days :sweatingbullets::lol: I thought the drama is makjang, but surprisingly have a lot of fun in between. 

I knew its weird, but i liked LH-OS couple more, and its not even have an ion of possibility for them to be end game. 

What to do? I just somehow like them....

It's okay to like them. It's a drama after all. We are free to like which character we want. So feel free to like them to your hearts content hehe.

I, myself like Hyuk despite his flaws. Doesnt mean i want to meet a person like him in real life though. Hahaha

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

I'm late on joining this discussion, but I'm gonna be binge watching this drama for this weekend since I'm gonna be bed ridden due to the flu :mask:season. I'm already aware of how buzzworthy it is, and it's airing on my local SBS channel on Wednesday & Thursdays, and have seen some episodes (albeit sporadically :lol:) and I'm already addicted. 

cant wait to catch up with u guys soon

• Like 7

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

It made me imagine..WB will have another transformation if he ends up happy at the end. He'll transform back to his original size since he wont need to be in disguise anymore. It would be hilarious if the writer does this. Give us another rocky-transform sequence but a happy version hahahaha

I actually hope that would happen. 

WB's current state isn't the most ideal one. From what has been shown, he's always in a half starving state because he doesn't eat enough because he's afraid he would be fat. It was shown when Sunny offers him food and he told her he couldn't eat because he'll gain weight. The same occurred when his little brother offered him food. Also, I think I recalled he wasn't getting enough sleep as well because of his duty and the ghosts of his trauma were still haunting him and are still alive. There's also that bullet in his head.

Basically, he might look good right now, but he's also kind of wilting his life away due to minimal nutrition, sleep, and rest (when he's injured). I rather he transform to how he was in the past (yes...he probably wasn't healthy then) than now because he was living his life as how he wanted to live (eating when he wants, sleeping when he's tired...etc) than what he is doing now (always being cautious of his action and the consequences). And the good thing about his transformation would be that...Sunny would still like him because it's shown her feeling toward him has grown from their interaction and camaraderie instead of superficial appearance. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

jbeanie1709

I feel that's what makes WB's character so charming. He is so stoic like a rock you can depend on. That he has never crossed his line and has been quietly watching over the Empress is what makes him such an endearing and most suitable match for Sunny. Can't say the same for Hyuk who had done every despicable thing possible, including cheating on his wife. Argghhhhhh...That itself makes him nonredeemable in my eyes.

I think the reason the audience is feeling the stirrings of pity for him  is while we see him being just another puppet in Sunny's hands is because this is the first time he is trying to do the right thing in his life, stand up for what's right, uncover the truth. So perhaps, that's why the heart bleeds for him.  But that guy is definitely certified CRAZY! :D WB can have his HEA with Sunny. The madcap LH can have my heart. One half of the audience has already given him their hearts. :wub: Just waiting to see it through to know what extent his crazy goes and the fireworks once he realizes how he had been played by two people he trusted the most. I expect total ballistic mode- the sh@t hits the fan mode!:lol:

The show is very fast paced and never a dull moment. Just don't know what to expect. Like when LH pulled out his gun aiming at Min- yoo-ra and the very next moment the emperor's mother pulls out WB'g gun aiming at WB! This family is completely loco.

I think my favourite character is the Emperor's mother! I am dying to know what dirty linen she had been hiding. I love those expressions on her face. Spot on! Makes the audience hate her with all their hearts! She's the stereotypical villain. A strong evil person manipulative fighting till the end.  Also, that little girl, princess Ari. She's a sweetheart. I love her scenes with Sunny. Lovely bond they share.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

The cake Choi Jin Hyuk received from fans I guess.. Look at the details..they even give the tiny CJH a bandage on his eyebrow.. But I must say it looks nothing like CJH.

Dx0d1ryV4AAPJVT.jpg

Lee Elijah looks so pretty... :love:

Dxz0BfeU8AE8Xa6.jpg

Princess So Jin is soo extra..I love it. How she exaggerate her lines..! :joy:

DxzVb_aUwAAIPVD.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Has anyone counted how many times someone has drawn a gun, sword, flower vase, brick or a pot on Chun Woo Bin/Na Wang Shik in this drama?

It just feels like something is off if I don't see a gun or a pot pointing at CWB's face at least once per episode.... :P

Also, I am in awe of Ms.Choi!  Is there anything she can't do? Spy, administer shots, bake peanut cookies, pressure people into lying, know what everyone in the palace is up to at all times of the hour. Also, how many women know how to tamper with the breaks of the car? :blink: I wouldn't be surprised if Ms.Choi even built the bomb intended to kill the empress... :D

EDIT: I decided to count the times CWB has been threatened in this drama:

1:

empress1.png

2:

empress0.png

Spoiler

3:

empress3.png

4:

empress4.png

5:

empress5.png

6:

Spoiler

empress6.png

7:

Spoiler

empress7.png

8:

Spoiler

empress8.png

9:

Spoiler

empress9.png

10:

Spoiler

empress10.png

Edited by bebebisous33
more than 3 pictures have to be hidden under spoiler
  • Like 12
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I think the writer think about wb-sn romance very deep and carefully. They never ever cross the line. There are so many chances if the writer wants. I think it is a safe choice. If it is decided the endgame is Sunny-WB, the romance should looks sweet, soft but clean (means Sunny isn't married woman anymore). But if the endgame isn't with woobin, sunny still also 'clean' from any unappropriate moves with WB. 

I agree! They've never crossed the line. And as you mentioned, there've been SO many chances to do this. But the writer has been painfully dragging it out hahaha

• Like 11

I don't wanna count how many pointed gun and suspected death until the series end because the number will be changed per episodes...hahaha...

It's not wrong to like any charactes in this drama coz everyone has their own preference. But still it is wrong to hope the innocent girl end up with bipolar and criminal like Hyuk. Why? Simply because the girl doesn't like him anymore and the guy doesn't change. We see how many times Hyuk try to hug her and she uncomfortably rejected yet this fool emperor doesn't understand. He just too selfish. 

• Like 11

20 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the writer is very talented at writing multi-faceted villains and in many of her dramas, the actors who play villains end up having a breakout kind of role like lee yuri from jang bori......in comparison to the villains, her leads are often sane, smart, and quietly working out the details once they lose their naive feel... am really enjoying the portrayal of wang shik as there is so much nuance like others have pointed out...

we don't need to see grand words or actions as we already know how wang shik feels about sunny and the trust between them... a quiet scene I liked was when sunny is walking and there is a wood curtain type separating them and wang shik is walking on the other side and they do a subtle nod to each other indicating the plan is on. it indicates team work, co-ordination as well as trust. 

actually don't really feel sorry for lee hyuk despite all that background.... maybe because he seems so cold?... he doesn't come across as someone you can trust at all.... whereas with some of the other villains, actually felt sorry for them even while cheering for their downfall as they felt more real and genuine....

perhaps, the difference is that those villains knew they were doing wrong, felt some measure of guilt but kept convincing themselves that it was necessary. so the weight of their actions hung over their heads and there was a sense of coming doom... hyuk, ED, nanny -- pretty much all the villains here suffer from entitlement complex where they feel that they are entitled to do what they feel like and there will be no repercussions for their actions. there is zero guilt..

the only one who felt some amount of guilt was yura but then she shakes it aside... so yura's journey is far more interesting to me as we see her now reeling under this news that kang joo seung was supposedly having an affair with the soo hyun empress. so what will she do going forward?

Haha now I know why I couldn’t respond warmly to LH.  Yeah there is something cold about him.    Also whenever LH displayed his emotion, it seemed a bit theatrical even when he was in distress.

I didn’t think much about YR because she seemed to be a straightforward villain but her story line suddenly became a bit complicated and tragic with the revelation of her affair with KJS who was SH’s guard  and trapped in a psychiatric ward.   This explained why she closed out her feeling for DS after KJS disappeared.  At this late in a drama, I have a feeling soon YR will learn about ED’s dirty trick and then be ready to help WB when his identity might be discovered by ED.  Yeah I’m curious how the writer would handle her story line??   

• Like 6

LH: 

* Started to pay more attention to SN only after witnessing the hug WB gave her

* intrigued by SN and commented that she is interesting and made him want to conquer her

* to SN "i will never let u leave the palace, you'll be my empress till the day you die"

* "I'll not reveal the truth bcos you'll leave me"

* Cling on to SN, want her attention, pretended to be sick etc 

---> his focus is all about he himself and what he wants

WB:

* to SN "please leave the palace and go live happily for the rest of your life, I'll settle the revenge"

* train SN in self defence hard so that she can protect herself in case he is gone

* keep his condition, his heartache to himself and didn't want to burden SN

---> his focus is on SN's well-being 

why why why? why do k-netizens still want SN to be with LH???????? i cannot understand.    

(no offence to LH's supporter. i just cannot understand)

Edited by hahanzyy
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, hahanzyy said:

LH: 

* Started to pay more attention to SN only after witnessing the hug WB gave her

* intrigued by SN and commented that she is interesting and made him want to conquer her

* to SN "i will never let u leave the palace, you'll be my empress till the day you die"

* "I'll not reveal the truth bcos you'll leave me"

* Cling on to SN, want her attention, pretended to be sick etc 

---> his focus is all about he himself and what he wants

WB:

* to SN "please leave the palace and go live happily for the rest of your life, I'll settle the revenge"

* train SN in self defence hard so that she can protect herself in case he is gone

* keep his condition, his heartache to himself and didn't want to burden SN

---> his focus is on SN's well-being 

why why why? why doesn't k-netizens still want SN to be with LH???????? i cannot understand    (no offence to LH's supporter. i just cannot understand)

Because WB is a safe and ordinary choice, while LH x Sunny is a more complicated and dramatic relationship. It seems like people never get tired of beauty and the beast trope and all kind of "beast". :D especially rich and royalty "beast":D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

k8QK5x.gif

Hyuk shoots like a boss that he is! Haha

I loved how he whipped out double guns when he has workers that can do the dirty work for him. Hyuk is cray and i usually dont like cray2 characters but TLE is one of those exceptions. So many crays and its highly entertaining.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, rjnchan said:

Because WB is a safe and ordinary choice, while LH x Sunny is a more complicated and dramatic relationship. It seems like people never get tired of beauty and the beast trope and all kind of "beast". :D especially rich and royalty "beast":D

It's okay to play beauty and the beast as long as both party involved must have the same feeling. If it is one side only, it will only hurting one another. From what we see, Sunny doesn't love Lee Hyuk anymore. She's using him. Means, he will get hurt knowing the upcoming truth. On the other hand, Lee Hyuk is being obsessive to her. And it is danger for Sunny knowing him emotionally unstabile. The writer may change the plot later, but Sunny is definitely developing feelings to Woobin without her realizing. She was curious and worry why he didn't even called while looking at the stars Woobin made. 

I'm not against Lee Hyuk-Sunny paired IF he plays clean. 

• Like 5