Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

On 1/23/2019 at 6:55 AM, supergal99 said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1296081wpp/7-heart-melting-moments-last-empress-episodes-33-34

:wacko:omo... i have to disagree with this part of the article - err.... itz pretty obvious uri cute empress did not forgive him :

** Extract::blink:

"1. Hyuk’s apology

First up, Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) finally swallows his pride and apologizes to Sunny (Jang Nara) for having received the blood transfusion that would have saved Sunny’s mother’s life years ago. As Hyuk almost never admits to being in the wrong, this is a huge step for the Emperor, and it’s nice to see that he’s trying to be a better person.

Equally touching is Sunny’s graciousness in conceding that it was not really Hyuk’s fault, which is incredibly generous considering the situation led to her mother’s death.

I think the writer of this article might've missed Sunny's troubled expression and inner thoughts.. She said -

"Yes, my mom brought me to this palace..Because she was so wronged that she couldn't make peace with it." 

And then Lee hyuk's said " I will repay for the life of your mother for the rest of my life." I don't think that's a line you should say aloud to the person who lost her mother because of you. 

Shin-Sung-Rok-93-e1548075995803.jpg

Yes..Lee Hyuk didn't know that someone lost his life when he was saved that night. But would it make a difference if he knew that? It most probably wouldn't because he didn't knew sunny back then. Even though he had a near death experience we saw how he was annoyed by the mourning of Oh family when he was passing by them. 

But let's for the sake of argument think that Lee Hyuk would've felt sorry if he knew that to save him, his mother robbed another's life. Do you think he's actually repenting killing So Hyun Hwangu. When he learned from Ari's mother that So Hyun never betrayed him he mourned with a big wail and probably blamed his mother who provoked him. And he now thinks that he couldn't protect So Hyun because of his mother, so now he'll protect Oh Sunny. But Do you see him mourning when he's trying to be all lovey dovey with Sunny. He should've been devastated that someone he loved and who loved him as well died because he choose not to believe her, he killed the one he loved along with his unborn baby with his own hand and he never looked back. he went to find Kang joon Sang in the mental hospital but he didn't feel sorry for him. He just selfishly asked if So Hyun was really innocent. He's still doubting as if that can save him from his guilt.

Now he's trying to keep Oh Sunny for himself. He's trying to force her to be with him. He's still not repenting killing Na Wang Shik's mother. He's still thinking that Na Wang Shik is the bad guy to come after him for revenge. He's only apologizing to Sunny because he now likes her. 

Remember, the Emperor once liked Min Yura. I think it's mostly because he could see that Min Yura can help him fighting with his mother because she's smart and cunning enough to find out how Empress Dowager keeping tabs on him.  He did everything in his power to keep Min Yura with him, he even cried in front of whole palace. I was like "WoW! he does like Min Yura." Then what do we see... when Chun Woo Bin, his trusted Guard showed him some proof of her association with Na Wang Shik, he discarded Min Yura just like that. He didn't even give any time to Min Yura to say her side of the story (Well I'm not saying Min Yura deserved better after she cruelly betrayed the people who was her family). His love seems to worth just that much. So his likeness(!) for Sunny is still questionable to me, so is his repentance. 

While I like seeing Shin Sung Rok's cute activities( He's without any doubt an good actor), when I see the character Lee Hyuk all I see is a bad guy who's justifying his crimes and living a peaceful life. This kind of people are not only crazy but also can do many horrible things because they don't think very deeply about this and justify their crimes by different excuses like how Lee Hyuk's excuse is his mother, Empress Dowager.

I'm not sure but I feel like the writer of this drama is trying to give us that message..if she's not..at this point of The Last Empress, I'm getting that message as a viewer.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Arrggh..why can't SBS provide english sub for the behind the scene..why! 

:grimace:so far  i have only seen 2 clips with subs:

32 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

Will we have WB-SN dugun-dugun moments tonight or the royal sibling again will disturb them? Aigooo.... 

:wub: woaahh.. uri empress is learning self-defense - and i like her ponytail hairstyle.:P yap some heartbeat increasing moments tonight - "Backhug" and "rolling until sweaty" *cough~* according to google trans of this article:yum:

http://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=201901240100172300013459&ServiceDate=20190123#_enliple

Spoiler

Choi Jin-hyeok create a moody atmosphere among the rugged and rugged 'self-defense classes', which heightens the heart rate of viewers. In the play, a scene where Cheonwoo Bin and Oh Sunny are taught various self-defense movements in the imperial guard practice room.If someone attack, simple action to avoid, from the wrist to the top of the harsh action, such as self-defense training continues. Moreover, as Tianwoo beats a back hug, she takes a posture of attacking Sunny from behind, and as a pose that Oh Sonny breaks down Tianwu is unfolded unexpectedly, the two people ' 

Jangnara and Choi Jin-hyuk's "subtle self-defense training" scene was shot in Ilsan, Gyeonggi-do. Jangna, who wore his black hair tied up in a black costume and watched his gaze, showed a slight tension ahead of his first attempt at self-defense.So, Choi Jin - hyeok encourages anxious Jang - ra and encourages her energy, but she has met with Jang - na since before shooting and meticulously practiced her exercises.

Especially, since they teach and learn various kinds of self-defense actions, the two of them exchanged opinions for a more natural scene during mid-intermediate standby time, while changing the action, while spreading hot rolling until they became sweaty. The staffs did not hesitate to praise the performers for their immersive performance, which caused not only the self-defense actions but also the detailed sentiments of Oh Sunny and Chun Woo-bing to breathe alive. 

The production team said, "It is a scene where the emotions of Oh Sunny and Chun Woo-bing, which can not express the subtle emotions about each other, can be expressed, and it is a scene that stirs up the smoothness." What is Chun Woo-bin's intention to intensify the hard- I need you to confirm it through the day (today) broadcast. " 

On the other hand, SBS 'Empress of the Empress' 35 and 36 times will be broadcast on the 23rd (today) at 10:00 pm. 

olzllovely@sportschosun.com

5 hours ago, supergal99 said:

:wacko:omo... i have to disagree with this part of the article - err.... itz pretty obvious uri cute empress did not forgive him :

** Extract::blink:

"1. Hyuk’s apology

First up, Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) finally swallows his pride and apologizes to Sunny (Jang Nara) for having received the blood transfusion that would have saved Sunny’s mother’s life years ago. As Hyuk almost never admits to being in the wrong, this is a huge step for the Emperor, and it’s nice to see that he’s trying to be a better person.

Equally touching is Sunny’s graciousness in conceding that it was not really Hyuk’s fault, which is incredibly generous considering the situation led to her mother’s death."

I have to agree with you. Whoever wrote the article may not have been watching her reactions closely enough. SN has decided as part of her revenge to get close to LH, and so she pretends to accept his apology. It's clear that she doesn't forgive him, though.

As for LH wanting SN as a trophy, I don't entirely disagree. He thought SN was just another woman who fell all over themselves for his attention, but she's no longer doing that, so she's become a challenge, especially as LH sees SN being friendly with WB. But, I also think that LH have developed feelings for SN. He's a totally messed up, emotionally stunted man-child with serious anger management and self-control issues, but he seems to be somewhat sincere in what he thinks he feels. This probably wouldn't stop him from taking it out on SN the next time he's displeased with her. LH was in love with his first wife, SH, as well, but that didn't stop him from trying to kill her on the smallest of suspicions rather than actually finding out about it. Perhaps now that he knows what he did to SH, it'll cause him to treat SN more carefully, but it's hard to tell what's sincere and what is just a whim with him.

Btw, just so that we're clear, I do not think SN should go back to LH at all. Heck, I know she wants revenge, but I"m kind of hoping that she dumps him and runs for her own sake.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sw33tm3lody said:

New Stills 

Reveal hidden contents

30000621862_700.jpg

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009366959&oaid=E10009366953&plink=CATEGORY&cooper=SBSENTERNEWS

I think it says that the physical contact between them will stir feelings, but I'm not sure. I love that he's teaching her self-defense. :wub:

my heart went dugun-dugun when i saw these new stills. i hope they give us longer such moments without them being interrupted by LH or SJ or anyone

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Started re-watching episodes as I sabotaged myself and caught completely up so in light of that I'm remembering things and I'm starting to wonder. Am I the only one having doubts about whether or not the Emperor actually killed his previous wife? Like we know he didn't technically kill NWS/CWB's mom as she was still technically alive when they moved her to that back woods road (she moved and MYR covered her right back up). But the last we saw of the previous empress when he was there she was still floundering around in the pond when he left so..... not saying that the Emperor is not an evil bastard because well he is and SSR is soooo good at playing crazy evil characters. And I'm not gonna lie I went into this fully expecting to hate the Emperor because of how much I hated SSR when he was in "You Who Came from the Stars" but he's growing on me especially in these last few episodes with how cute he's acting towards Sunny now trying to win her back (and yeah I've jumped on the ship hoping they stay together LOL). So could he be innocent in the finality of her actual death? Or is this just the writer's way of wanting you to feel sorry for him and toying with us? There's something about her death for sure though......

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I think SSR is doing a good job promoting his character and TLE overall on his IG.

His caption: I lie down too … Oh Sunny…it is narrow… :sweatingbullets:

Lol, is that SSR in character or just him being him :D

Those new stills though... Usually these kind of scene will be followed by some romantic skinship  :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

Lol, is that SSR in character or just him being him :D

Most likely him being him while dressed up as Hyuk. Hahaha. His IG is full of fun posts :lol:

• Like 2

WB-SN are actually having a sad romance. WB needs to deal with the fact that he falls for a lady that married with a man who previously cheated with his ex-lover and killed his mom. And more sad, he even take care a son of his ex lover. On the otjer hand, Sunny is married with a man that indirectly caused her mom's death. Though they have eyes on each other, they can't express it. I just hope this two have a happy ending whether they'll be together at the end or not.

BUT I wanna see that self defense lesson BTS. Always enjoy JNR and CJH off screen chemistry because they're too sweet for each other. Awwww....

56 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

is this the evil assistant of the empress dowager?

I think so

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

WB-SN are actually having a sad romance. WB needs to deal with the fact that he falls for a lady that married with a man who previously cheated with his ex-lover and killed his mom. And more sad, he even take care a son of his ex lover. On the otjer hand, Sunny is married with a man that indirectly caused her mom's death. Though they have eyes on each other, they can't express it. I just hope this two have a happy ending whether they'll be together at the end or not.

BUT I wanna see that self defense lesson BTS. Always enjoy JNR and CJH off screen chemistry because they're too sweet for each other. Awwww....

I think so

agree with you ... i wish the drama ends with their revenge completed and their characters being able to fall in love like ordinary people living ordinary lives

• Like 2

Sorry guys, been busy that I can't visit the thread.

Bit late, but here's the live recap

Spoiler

Continue from last scene.

As Byun asked about the truth in death of SH, Yoon came to vouch for him that he saw what happened 7 years ago. And revealed that he is the true Vincent Lee. ED shouted to him and called him the Crown Prince. Hello shocked.

Byun demanded the culprit. LH shaking and left the room. Reporters asking more questions. Hello angry with Yoon and left the room. Yoon went after her.

LH with CWB. He's shaking. CWB trying to ask him to calm down and assured him that he's with him.

ED and Byun in private room away from reporters, arguing about what actually happened 7 years ago. Byun even pulled on her collar. He left in anger. ED muttered that you don't even have a single evidence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There are some clips at IG:

Spoiler

Cto

Spoiler

LH and Sunny in his office. Sunny is pretending she didn't know anything and trying to fish for information/confession from LH while recording him. But he didn't actually say it out loud. Almost... CWB listening to the conversation. Because it's not going anywhere, CWB went to ED and kinda provoked her by saying LH is with Sunny now, that she angrily went to LH.

ED entered and angry that LH is confiding in Sunny. Sunny stood up to her, and got a slap. LH and CWB shocked. LH ordered CWB to get ED out. So CWB took her out. ED gave him some orders. When she left, CWB was so furious!

CWB went to Sunny's room and gave her ice pack. He openly said he isn't happy that Sunny is in the palace and close to LH and getting hit. He prefer for her to be out of the palace to be safe. Because Sunny is determined she is okay, CWB decided to give her a self-defense lesson. OTP bonding time...

Sunny in her room and she looked at her face, then she opened the window to see the stars prepared by CWB, along with a note from him. She is happy and drew a happy face on the window.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

CWB ran to inform LH that PM and internal affairs is investigating now.

They are talking with ED. ED said that SH died because of suicide. She had a special relationship with the guard.

As PM left, Sunny saw him touching the back of Nanny, and they even held hands. Nanny turned and saw Sunny. They had a talk, Sunny is playing cool about it and didn't say anything about it. She only asked about SH, which again Nanny answered superficially...

Sunny went around the palace leaving books by Vincent Lee in the palace, picked up by various servants. Nanny saw her leaving the books though, which she also picked to look at.

LH talking with ED, he asked about the investigation. ED assured him don't worry. LH cried out to her, why did they have to lie at that time. They should have just told the truth. LH cried and declared he is letting go of her hand, and left. ED instructed Choi to summon MYR to the palace. MYR came into the palace as ED's maid (court lady).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1