Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

10 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

@Lmangla I agree. I also think everyone is focusing too hard on the love lines. LH is still considered one of the villains because all of his sins haven't been exposed yet. He needs to get on his knees and beg for Wang Shik's forgiveness. I have a feeling he won't do that because he's just gonna want to commit another murder. He has the nerve to beg for SN's love but he doesn't have the nerve to admit to everything he's done. Get the [filtered] out of here LH.

yea the focus on the love lines is frustrating and takes the fun out of the discussions. you and I have seen pretty much all of the writer's previous works and we know how she writes. there is no question about who the leads are and who are the villains. lee hyuk is the villain. and the OTP is wang shik and sunny. whether or not, it is temporary or permanent does not matter as the focus is really on justice. so I get if folks don't feel wang shik-sunny pairing but the point of this drama is not a love story. and in pretty much all her dramas, there is no grand romance between OTP. the revenge arc is the main journey.

have also seen tons of daily and weekend kdramas over the years and so the strong focus on the villain or him having so much layers is not surprising or confusing to me. this writer generally writes long dramas (daily/weekend) where folks are used to seeing such villains. this isn't a rom-com where a stone hearted man with some sob story is healed by the love of a naive woman. so no matter how much folks may enjoy SSR as lee hyuk, he is still the villain. and villains have to break in spirit and truly feel the weight of their actions before any redemption arc takes place. lee hyuk is nowhere near rock bottom.. 

yea @autumna ~ as you said, the synopsis of the drama is all about the lies, secrets and bad deeds of the imperial empire. it is not a love triangle drama where we have to wonder which ship will sail...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I agree. The focus of the show is on the mystery and corruption. However, if people want to ship, that’s fine too. Relationships are a key factor in almost all k-dramas, and it’s what keeps fans watching the show. Let’s not bring people down for which couple they’re shipping. For example, I’ve been posting that I prefer LH-Sunny on the boards but have been getting replies saying that the ship is impossible and LH is a monster and they don’t understand LH-Sunny shippers. Don’t you think I don’t know that? I’m not stupid; the couple will probably never work out (and like I’ve said before, NO ONE is condoning all of the horrible actions LH has done). But it doesn’t stop me from thinking that their scenes are absolutely cute together and having hopes XD

• Like 7

5 hours ago, confusedheart7997 said:

Of course LH had committed wrongs and he must be held accountable. But LH's character reminds me of Ji Sung's character in Secret. 

:angry: I always loved Ji Sung's character. He was never as bad as LH. He was originally a selfish [filtered] but he never wanted to kill anyone and he DIDN'T kill anyone. All he wanted was revenge and justice. You can't even compare them. LH isn't trying to fight for justice because he doesn't have the right to. He is living for his own happiness by making sure SN doesn't leave him. He WILL threaten her later to make her stay with him.

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not bypass the swear filters.
  • Like 7

I meant that they are both gray characters. Stalking the heroine wasn't very endearing and his obsession over revenge wasn't very health either. But I enjoyed the angst fest. Secret was my first Kdrama and Ji Sung's fantastic portrayal of the character made me fall in love with kdramas. 

I request everyone to please suggest me some angsty dramas as I am new to kdramas. Thank you. 

• Like 3

*changes topic*

I'm in love with Princess Ari. She's so smart and cute. Honestly, she's the smartest character on the show and she's only 7! I can't believe she actually kept the evidence to protect SN from the terrible backlash the ED had in store for her. She sensed there was something wrong with the cookies (the scent of peanuts) and did not eat them. She figured out GED's will had been falsified right away. Apart from that, she learns super fast and applies what she learns brilliantly. She's like a sponge and takes advantage of absolutely everything she hears. I'm really glad she's under SN's care because this kid without a proper role model could've turned out into someone 10000x more dangerous than YR and LH together. She's as bright as the sun.

And of course, I won't leave out how magnificent the actress who plays Ari is. There are some scenes in which I find myself looking at the girl with my mouth wide open because her acting is sensational. The way she reads and interprets her character… there are no words. I'm floored.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Does Lee Hyuk know that SH corpse burried, why he hold that pot? 

I think someone should catch Ms. Choi and pressure her to speak up. Don't think ED will shown her bad side in public. 

Who's that make that star on the preview, Lee Hyuk or Woo Bin? I think its Woo Bin, but... he's to brave to make that in the palace without Lee Hyuk's order. 

PM and Kang Hee, but why I don't think that Sunny reveal their relationship next ep. 

My imagination this story will end like one of this

Sunny

1. Sunny became the Empress after ED and Lee Hyuk punished raising A Ri alone, (I think she's think about how the Imperial in the future (ep33) that's why she want to make A Ri have a good attitude, if Lee Hyuk and Emperor punished, she must take responsibility toward Imperial, she can't just think lovey doveyy with Woo Bin, PM also hidden enemies)  

2. Sunny pretend to die and the corpse lost, and live with Woo Bin happily ever after

3. Sunny will be divorced by Lee Hyuk as her truly wish to Lee Hyuk and live alone as a civil or maybe theaterical actris

4. Sunny will forgive Lee Hyuk after his punishment and left the palace became theaterical actris and actor :sweatingbullets:

5. Sunny will be married to Woo Bin after Lee Hyuk understand that he's never can make Sunny loving him back, and his evidence that he's really love her is make her stay with someone that love her more than him and Sunny love him too

*actually there's 3 posibility for Sunny ending

A. With Woo Bin

B. With Lee Hyuk

C. Alone

(Don't think she will be die) 

Woo Bin

1. Woo Bin will be help Sunny escape from Lee Hyuk, pretend to make her die, and then they live happily ever after. Just like how Lee Hyuk ordered to Woo Bin kill Sunny before, but this time Sunny never come back. Lee Hyuk maybe ordered Woo Bin to kill Sunny, because he think that Sunny betray him, and wanna make sure that Woo Bin is still in his side. 

2. Woo Bin will be with So Jin. He's understand that his relationship with Sunny is imposible, because Sunny is the Empress (no matter with Lee Hyuk or not), Sunny have responsibility with the people in her country. But he's still protect and support her.

3. Woo Bin will be die to save Sunny

4. Woo Bin will be die because of the bullet in his brain

5. Woo Bin will be married to Sunny after Lee Hyuk punished, wish that Sunny always on protect. Woo Bin, Sunny, Lee Hyuk became friends. 

**actually there's some posibility for Woo Bin ending

A. With Sunny

B. With So Jin

C. Alone (became friends to Sunny, So Jin and or Lee Hyuk) 

D. With Lee Hyuk :lol: (became Chief Guard, let Sunny go alone be a civil, happy with Hel Ro and her Dad) 

E. Die

(He's posible to die, athough So Jin and Sunny will never allow that happen) 

Lee Hyuk

1. Lee Hyuk will be punished, then he divorce with Sunny. 

2. Lee Hyuk will be punished, then still with Sunny and left the palace became theaterical actor :sweatingbullets:

3. Lee Hyuk will be die to save Sunny (Sunny will be tears, because of his love for her is really true, thats how Sunny think to be alone, not with Woo Bin)

4. Lee Hyuk will be die when fight with Sunny and Woo Bin. 

5. Lee Hyuk will be die to save Woo Bin (he fells sorry for him, after his identity revealed). I know that Woo Bin is really important to his live, he even disagree if he married with his sister that already divorce twice.

6. Lee Hyuk will make Sunny and Woo Bin together. He want Woo Bin protect Sunny when he's punished.

7. Lee Hyuk will be crazy because everything that happen, and can't be Emperor again. 

***actually there's some posibility with Lee Hyuk ending

A. With Sunny after punished

B. Alone (let Sunny go, no matter with or without Woo Bin)

C. Alone (left by Sunny and Woo Bin) 

D. Die / Killed (He's posible to die, but to easy as a punishment) 

E. Suicide (I think he wil not think about this after his feeling about take Sunny's mother transfusion blood)

F. Crazy (he have mentality problem, his imagination toward NWS ep 32 is bad) 

ED

1. Die in fight

2. Suicide

3. Punished in Jail

4. Crazy

5. Killed

Min Yu Ra

1. MYR find KJS became a good person again raising Dong Shik

2. MYR killed in fight with Sunny- Woo Bin or Lee Hyuk or ED

3. MYR killed by her parthner (ED, Chief Joo or other) 

4. MYR will be prisoned

5. MYR will be crazy

6. MYR will suicide

Seo Kang Hee

1. KH will be killed by poison or other

2. KH will be die (fight)

3. KH will be prisoned

4. KH will be left the palace and live with PM in peace

5. KH will be suicide because she's shame when A Ri reveal her evil identity

6. KH will be crazy

• Like 5

just curious?

1. what will sunny think if she know about min yura is woo bin/wang shik x-lover?

2. will woo bin should also received punishment coz kill ma phil joo & try kill sunny (2 times, coz the orders from Emperor, eventhought sunny like already forgive woo bin for this matters).

3. what if sunny know that Emperor help release her family from jail. She still don't know who help her family right? just woo bin know  about this matter.

@ChewyChocolate happy read your fanfic.

• Like 3

I wonder why no one is talking about LH’s odd behavior.  In EP33 LH learned the truth that ED framed SH and lied to him.  After learning about his wife’s innocence, he displayed the Shakespearean tragic wailing while holding her urn.  What a spectacular scene   Yes he strangled and pushed a full pregnant wife into the water.  Well instead of jumping into the water to save her, he just walked away fuming.  Now he knew his beloved wife and innocent unborn children died because of his action.
But in EP34  LH acted as if nothing happened and went all gaga with Sunny??   Any decent human being would collapse in shock for days and days.   Instead he jumped around comically for the bracelet.  When he found it he was filled with such victory.  
Maybe so much shock knocked out his brain and he forgot about all those inconvenient parts of his past.  Now his goal is gaining Sunny’s heart and to be her protector.   whahaha  
Maybe the writer’s aim is to show us a logical makjang conclusion??:joy:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, booha said:

I wonder why no one is talking about LH’s odd behavior.  In EP33 LH learned the truth that ED framed SH and lied to him.  After learning about his wife’s innocence, he displayed the Shakespearean tragic wailing while holding her urn.  What a spectacular scene   Yes he strangled and pushed a full pregnant wife into the water.  Well instead of jumping into the water to save her, he just walked away fuming.  Now he knew his beloved wife and innocent unborn children died because of his action.
But in EP34  LH acted as if nothing happened and went all gaga with Sunny??   Any decent human being would collapse in shock for days and days.   Instead he jumped around comically for the bracelet.  When he found it he was filled with such victory.  
Maybe so much shock knocked out his brain and he forgot about all those inconvenient parts of his past.  Now his goal is gaining Sunny’s heart and to be her protector.   whahaha  
Maybe the writer’s aim is to show us a logical makjang conclusion??:joy:

he also promised to protect yura.... but then, set her on fire in a yellow truck... :ph34r:

and just a few weeks before, he was all in love with yura..

and he was also in love with his wife... but yea, he pushed and strangled her...

whether it is love, puppy love, infatuation or some crazy behaviour -- any woman he loves, he also destroys.... give it some time, he will also turn against sunny because he feels that she betrayed him.. he has already tried to murder her twice; what's one more?! :ph34r:....and then, wang shik and other anti-royal faction will have to fight to keep sunny alive...

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

I cant visit here as often since i will be busy starting tomorrow.

Just leaving a Hyuk pic here..cause why not? Lol. That stiff grin. That turtle neck. Most importantly that coat! I love long coats~ 

EY51547014614776-600.jpg

I do wonder is it Hyuk i like or actually SSR plays a bigger factor. Hahaha

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

don't treat this drama as a typical rom-com because it isn't. so let's move beyond who sunny is going to end up with and who she does or does not have chemistry with or whether the love story is moving or not.... let's talk about the main themes of this drama -- revenge, justice, social responsibility... as well as the crazy laughs and twists... let's have fun chingus!

*clap...clap.. clap~~~*

(Borrowed your gif from the event thread:):P

Spoiler

xGxyMyf.jpg

Omo... pardon me  Lmangla u sound like some queen of makjang drama watching heeee:w00t:

Ok ok juz teasing u :tounge_wink:

Spoiler

uCmRD08.jpg

Ermm... seriously your 'makjang' post..ops i mean your post on 'makjang' made me google to find out more on makjang hahahaa~~:lol:

Eg. http://www.akiatalking.com/2015/01/makjang-definition101.html?m=1

Ok i need to do some campaigning:glasses:

:naughty:No! to Big Bad Wolf!

uWI3wJU.jpg

:thumbsup:Yes! to revenge!

aOYIXcN.jpg

:yum: Yes! to Romance *cough cough*

koYbifi.jpg

(Source: SBS drama YT preview clip.)

:kiss_wink::

Spoiler

sorray to other shippers --> *ouch ouch!*:grimace:

qRsct41.jpg

@supergal99 nice campaign going on! 

Anyways, SSR is not the main lead. So no worries yaaalll..he wont end up with sunny:sweatingbullets:

Since i'm on no ship, and i'm mostly in for Hyuk and his antics...

What i do want him to end up with is:

1) feel guilty and remorse for his wrongdoings

2) beg for forgiveness from all he did wrong to

3) repent and get punished

4) don't die before all of the above

Thats all. I realllyy want Hyuk to turn a new leaf and change for the better. 

Please writernim..don't make him evil till the end sobs:tears:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

34 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Thats all. I realllyy want Hyuk to turn a new leaf and change for the better. 

:) i m totally okay if he realllyy transformed to be a good person - he juz have to leave uri cute empress alone hahaa~~:lol:

Oh wait... 

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I cant visit here as often since i will busy starting tomorrow.

Hoh hoh... u are leaving your bias ??

ZqZJ0nx.jpg

:P ok ok juz pulling your leg

34 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

supergal99 nice campaign going on! 

Anyways, SSR is not the main lead. So no worries yaaalll..he wont end up with sunny:sweatingbullets:

Erhm...mmm... ahhh...  i am more worried on the lack of muak muak scenes for uri OTP *huhuuuu*:confounded:  --> Quote queen of makjang drama watching::sweatingbullets:

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

but the point of this drama is not a love story. and in pretty much all her dramas, there is no grand romance between OTP

:grimace:

40 minutes ago, supergal99 said:

Oh wait... 

Hoh hoh... u are leaving your bias ??

(Nice gif by the way!)

:P ok ok juz pulling your leg

Hyuk remains my bias in TLE. My new found fascination for SSR, knows no bounds haha.

I'm going on vacation. So i wont be checking my inbox that often ehehe. But i will pop in to see spoilers. I am that hooked.

I have downloaded Liar Game (for SSR of course!) to watch in my flight that is if i'm not sleeping. LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

31 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm going on vacation. So i wont be checking my inbox that often ehehe. But i will pop in to see spoilers. I am thay hooked.

:blush: oh...o..kay... enjoy your vacation QjrUV7L.gif:

Spoiler

Fly off with your bias ok? Ok...heeee....:PI9zsyCG.jpg

37 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

(Nice gif by the way!)

:blink:tks (tks to my xray eyes ops!)

I wanted to also jump on this and just ask: what happened to the newest episode that was supposed to come out Thursday? (Did I miss it...?)

I'm not even looking at too much of the love lines anymore, but I definitely don't feel like shipping any of the pairs AT ALL. I've come to recognize and realize that it's more a thriller/avenge type of drama, so let me accept that truth willfully. However, as I've mentioned, I would still love to see a drama with JNR and SSR as real main leads (not complaining about CJH but I just watched Devilish Joy and his character is a whole 360 degree turn so I'm not used to it yet...).

I personally love Princess Ari and her development too; ever since she got proper knowledge and discipline from Sunny, she's becoming a different person. However, I'm unsure if her change is REAL or due to the fact that she knows that Sunny is the true heir to all of the inheritance left behind... Either or, I'm still warm inside from all of the lovely moments they share. I love how the nanny just switches side and just decides to tell the Emperor everything: from the peanut allergy to SH Empress's death... 

When SSR cried holding the ex-Empress's ashes (well, since she's buried deep underground, I think it ought to be fake ashes...), I broke into little pieces. As someone who was manipulated by his mother, I half heartedly thought that he really didn't deserve that (he kinda did....) Every death in some way was because of his evil mother, and protecting Sunny as his mission is one of the ways he's trying to repent, I think.

I really can't tell what the Emperor is going to do next, I mean- someone mentioned above that if you step on his tail, he'll literally turn around and bite you right back so he's totally unpredictable. Sunny staying around him is half safe and half dangerous. He says he'll protect her, but to what means? Eh...

• Like 6

@xprosperity ~ there was no episode on wednesday, only thursday; it was mentioned that production team took some time off to rest? or something like that....

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@xprosperity ~ there was no episode on wednesday, only thursday; it was mentioned that production team took some time off to rest? or something like that....

Ooh. Oops!

Hope the crew takes some deserved time off and bring us some more juicy and amazing content next week then!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I cant visit here as often since i will busy starting tomorrow.

Just leaving a Hyuk pic here..cause why not? Lol. That stiff grin. That turtle neck. Most importantly that coat! I love long coats~ 

I do wonder is it Hyuk i like or actually SSR plays a bigger factor. Hahaha

Thank you. You just made my day. He is my latest crush. I seem to have a fickle heart because it changes after every K-drama I watch. 

Also, since everyone's speculating, given this a revenge drama, I can't help but think that the show might conclude like the movie, 'Bodyguard' starring Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston. Everyone just moves on with their respective lives doing what they had been doing. 

The actor playing LH's mother is doing such a commendable job. She has succeeded in making the  viewers hate her.

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. TQ
  • Like 3