Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

4 minutes ago, sonequeen01 said:

These poor knetz. We already know she's not gonna end up with LH. It's like School 2015 all over again where everyone gets mad at the girl for not picking the second lead. Instead of milking LH-SN scenes until the end and making both SN and WB put on an act in front of LH all the time, the writers should've developed WB's storyline more so that more people can actually support SN-WB's romance. 

this gif pretty much tells you all we need to know about the loveline..... she is going to fall into wang shik's arms and waltz away even if everyone looks on confused...

uFmWYHn.jpg&key=03d4f994acaaf661df112479

cr: supergal99

• Like 11
  • LOL 3

The double date makes me think we're watching ro-co drama. Why always people disturbing Sunny-Woobin romantic scenes? Before, it was just Lee Hyuk but now we have So Jin too. This bro-sis is so funny. 

It is confirmed they extent 4 episodes more. 

I think at the end, Woo Bin or Lee Hyuk will die. But my feeling, Lee Hyuk will be the one who died. The latest episodes give us clue about his redemption. With his death, the ED will lost his beloved one and deep sadness. It will be the best punishment for her than just go to jail. Or maybe she also died. Yura, she will die lol. Looking at princess Ari also trust Woo Bin makes me think though the end game is WooBin-Sunny, Princess still can be with Sunny without hesitasion if she wants. Dpngsik could back to his dad pr stay with woobin (of he's alive)

Lee Yoon will help them to open up the crazy stuff imperial has done. But at the end, he will give up his prince title and just become ordinary people. 

Somehow, I think this drama will get happy ending while all the bad person either died or in jailed.

38 minutes ago, sonequeen01 said:

These poor knetz. We already know she's not gonna end up with LH. It's gonna be School 2015 all over again where everyone got mad at the girl for not picking the second lead. Instead of milking LH-SN scenes until the end and making LH all cute, the writers should've developed WB's storyline more so that more people can actually support SN-WB's romance. 

What to do...whenever they start to have romantic scenes, people always come between them XD. It's clear Woobin got jealous to Lee Hyuk. But Sunny still looking too shy to open up her feelings. Well, she's married after all.

• Like 3

I generally don´t like it when dramas get extended in the middle of airing....oftentimes it doesn´t lead to something good. But if they are going to use the additional episodes to flesh out Sunny and WB´s relationship then I´m all for it. Please writernim I´m desperate for their love line to progress :bawling:

@dreamqueen welcome to the Forum and this thread :D

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

I think at the end, Woo Bin or Lee Hyuk will die. But my feeling, Lee Hyuk will be the one who died. The latest episodes give us clue about his redemption. With his death, the ED will lost his beloved one and deep sadness. It will be the best punishment for her than just go to jail. Or maybe she also died. Yura, she will die lol. 

I have a feeling Hyuk will die at the end or near the end. And my heart will :heartbreak: when he does. Sob3.

Thinking of possible ways Hyuk could die: Maybe Evil Mum wanted to kill sunny with a poisonous apple, but Hyuk was the one who ate it. And then Evil Mum got so depressed for killing her own son and will be locked in the asylum together with Yura.

gfM1547618703200-600.jpg

Glasses-Hyuk :blush:

• LOL 3

22 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

The double date makes me think we're watching ro-co drama. Why always people disturbing Sunny-Woobin romantic scenes? Before, it was just Lee Hyuk but now we have So Jin too. This bro-sis is so funny. 

It is confirmed they extent 4 episodes more. 

I think at the end, Woo Bin or Lee Hyuk will die. But my feeling, Lee Hyuk will be the one who died. The latest episodes give us clue about his redemption. With his death, the ED will lost his beloved one and deep sadness. It will be the best punishment for her than just go to jail. Or maybe she also died. Yura, she will die lol. Looking at princess Ari also trust Woo Bin makes me think though the end game is WooBin-Sunny, Princess still can be with Sunny without hesitasion if she wants. Dpngsik could back to his dad pr stay with woobin (of he's alive)

Lee Yoon will help them to open up the crazy stuff imperial has done. But at the end, he will give up his prince title and just become ordinary people. 

Somehow, I think this drama will get happy ending while all the bad person either died or in jailed.

We know that WB just needs and operation they already though that out there atleast  Sunny us going to make him do it.

• Like 4

@Sarang21 Thank you!:)

This is random but does anyone else find it strange, in the flashbacks So Hyun was struggling face up when Hyuk left her in a daze. When he came back her body was moved and was laying face down in the water and we didn't get to see her face. Just confused why they didn't show the actress's face. She was wearing a lot of cloth, It would have been difficult for her to regain balance and pushing herself forward into the water? Just seems like she would have sank downwards?

Probably overthinking but I wouldn't be surprised if the writer went full makjang and made it that evil mum took her out of the water and killed the empress later in her dungeon. Imagine if she had the scene set up for when he returned to lead him to believe he killed her. It would give her more leverage to control and black mail Hyuk.

Don't think it is at all, but it's fun to theorise and definitely would be interesting if true! :lol:

Edited by dreamqueen
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, sonequeen01 said:

These poor knetz. We already know she's not gonna end up with LH. It's gonna be School 2015 all over again where everyone got mad at the girl for not picking the second lead. Instead of milking LH-SN scenes until the end and making LH all cute, the writers should've developed WB's storyline more so that more people can actually support SN-WB's romance. 

Yep. It’s honestly all on the writers. I even like LH, and I think have a mostly rational and sane mind lol

• Like 2

Ok done watch online raw for 33-34 episodes...wah so interesting n i like dance scene woo bin n sunny...rewatch again when had a sub tomorrow...:kiss_wink:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

I'm still hella salty. How could they do CJH so wrong :tears: 

LH gets focused on more for the sake of the ratings. I know that SN and WB aren't completely in love right now. WB cares for SN a lot and would do anything for her. SN worships the ground he walks on since he's the main reason why she's still alive today. I don't want people to hate SN and WB just because they're endgame. Please writer, just show our main OTP more. I feel like the episode extension might be for this reason. 

• Like 5

Spoiler

Edited by triplem
4th image (Pic, YT, IG, twitter) onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 7

I think that an episode extension is not necessary and am becoming more increasingly irritated and bored by the nuanced villains that have more nine lives than the nuanced heroes. I know that this drama is supposed to be Makjang, however, I think that the writer is confused on her direction and has surpassed Makjang. Now the dead empress may not even be dead and is looking comatose in great condition. The chief is alive...Not riveting.

Let the dead stay dead! These spare of the moment shocks have worn beyond thin!

• Like 2

I really don’t understand how the empress looks like she’s just sleeping unless she’s comatose and being kept alive by machines or something. Again, my pre-med brain cannot comprehend this craziness 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

After watching eps 33/34, I have to say that I have no idea where the romance is going. If we're going to take the double date dancing as a metaphor, then it's unfortunate that SN starts with Hyuk, then temporarily dances with WB, only to be returned to Hyuk.

It's interesting that both the royal progeny, meaning Soo Jin and Hyuk are being given a comedic treatment when it comes to the romance department. As such, I'm not sure if that's supposed to make them endearing in a "heo dang" kind of way, or what.

Despite the (secretive) longing glances that SN and WB throw at each other, I wonder if the writer is setting them up now for SN to stay with LH after all, while WB settles down with SJ who has come to his rescue and has given him the Pretty Woman treatment. For WB, it would be a case of thinking that while SJ is a bit of a wild child, that she's sincere in having fallen in love with him. I do think that WB could feel some affection for SJ because she has been putting so much thought and effort into him. It's not love, but in the strange world of kdramas where even romances are driven by viewers' desires, it would be a way of settling WB without SN, and thus WB and SN would just remain dear friends rather than ever becoming lovers.

Episodes 33/34 also marks a definite turning point in LH, and seems like the true start of his redemption. His grief over Soo Hyun was heartfelt and the realization of the enormity of his crimes against the person who loved him most and their child was palpably devastating. Further realizing that it was all the plan of the Dowager Empress turned the knife even further in his heart. His unsolicited apology to SN for her mother's death is sincere.

I personally would still not be happy with an ultimate SN and LH pairing, no matter how sincere LH's remorse and determination to keep SN safe. However, I'm not the viewing public that this drama is trying to draw in, so who knows where this will go, especially with the extension.

Aside from the romance, there was quite a lot happening as well. I may try to collect my thoughts into some semblance of all that seems to be going on or have changed and write them up later, but for now, just one more thought. How cool was little A Ri? She's still the cunning little child, but she's slowly turning into a force for good under SN's care. I loved how she told the aristocratic kids that they weren't fit to be her playmates since their behavior was even worse than hers, showing them the video proof, and saying what would she become if she allowed herself to be in their ill-mannered company. ROFLOL. And, I loved AR scolding the DE that an apology has to be a sincere effort to understand the other's person's feelings in order to have any meaning, and then telling SN not to accept the apology until she's sure that the DE is sincere. As I've said, AR is still precocious and still a bit of a brat, but she's slowly brightening up and learning how to be a better person and a better royal.

It occurs to me also that the English title of The Last Empress possibly doesn't refer to SN after all, but to AR who would become Empress as it stands since she is LH's only child.

Also, here is a translation for the next episode preview.

DE: I didn’t even move a finger. (she means that she had nothing to do with it)
Byun: Don’t insult my dead daughter!
Nanny: I don’t know a thing from that night.
Woman: Empress!
MYR: If you lie to noona, that’s wrong. (MYR is telling DS to tell her the truth about something.)
SN: Head Guard Chun absolutely can’t meet Dong Shik by himself.
DE: What can the Empress do for the Emperor anyway?
Hyuk: I will tell you this definitively. Even if that woman doesn’t treat me like a person, I will alway be that woman’s person.

edit: I forgot to add, if Soo Hyun is buried wearing her necklace, then who/what is in the urn? And, what is the secret of that necklace?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I thought this was pretty clear

In an alternate universe where Korea is under a constitutional monarchy, the heroine, Oh Sunny is an unknown actor who has been admiring the Emperor Lee Huyk for a long time. Her life changes when she accidentally saves his life. As the new Empress, she arrives the court with hope for the future. But the reality around her is never sunshine and rainbows. The Emperor, nation's most loved and respected figure, is corrupted. The court is also full of corruption and injustice. She allied with Cheon Woo-bin, who aims Lee Hyuk for his mother's revenge, and decides to stand up against the monarch. Even though she has the title, she is an average person with no political power. With Woo-bin's love and devotion and her will to fight, there might be a chance to break down the dark castle.

These things are not wrong from what I seen,nothing has change really we knew he was going to fall for her but all of this is too late now.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crystal Kim said:

I really don’t understand how the empress looks like she’s just sleeping unless she’s comatose and being kept alive by machines or something. Again, my pre-med brain cannot comprehend this craziness 

My thought is that she is actually dead, but well preserved. Could be due to whatever youth elixir that the ED seems to be obsessed with. I do know that it is possible to preserve a body so that it does not decompose... But it could be that SH was buried elsewhere because the body was switched as some time. The only question is that was it done by the former bodyguard? or was it done by ED to prevent the autopsy from revealing how she actually died? 

But what gets me is that she is wearing the necklace Suni has...could it be that Suni has a fake? Is there a secret message in the necklace?

Also, I do agree that LH is having a redeption arc...which is why he is becoming more interesting. However, he still has to pay for the crimes that he has done. Which I think he is starting to get an idea of since he is finding out that he was wrong about his first wife this whole time. But he still does not deserve SN in the end. Yes his character is interesting and it is fun watching him make a fool of himself, but in the end, he has done too many wrongs towards her and while he is nice to her now, he has shown that he is untrustworthy. For while he may like her now, but just as easily he can flip his switch and go to have her killed again. I mean he left his last lover to burn alive. What's to say that he won't do the same to SN should anything come up. Plus she is playing him now, he is not going to take that well in the end.

I do agree though that the relationship between WB-SN has not been as exciting, but I think a big reason is because technically they cannot be due to them being in the palace, and the question of being caught in their mission to destroy the monarchy. They can bee killed for their actions. So while LH can be vocal and outwardly expressive of his emotions (which is very entertaining) WB can't, so you have to pay really close attention to his signals that he is giving. But I think we will start seeing more of WB being jealous and showing more how much he cares as SN pretends to get cozy with LH.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

edit: I forgot to add, if Soo Hyun is buried wearing her necklace, then who/what is in the urn? And, what is the secret of that necklace?

This! So i've skimmed through the subbed ep. And the final scene really put a twist to the Sohyun saga

N9QJlz.gif

What on earth happened back then?

I also think its safe to assume that it is not Sohyun's ashes in that urn..i wonder what/who is in it..huaaaa

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

For while he may like her now, but just as easily he can flip his switch and go to have her killed again. I mean he left his last lover to burn alive. What's to say that he won't do the same to SN should anything come up. Plus she is playing him now, he is not going to take that well in the end.

Exactly. LH doesn't take well to betrayal and that's the reason why SH is dead because he assumed she betrayed him. SN, on the other hand, is playing him for real and helping the man he wants dead. It's gonna get ugly later when WB's real identity gets revealed because...well what do you guys think LH's gonna do? I don't even wanna imagine what's gonna happen.

• Like 9