[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

This is what i found out: NWS's mum was immediately discovered after the accident and he went to identify her at the hospital. But i'm missing why was her body found under the bridge later in ep 20++? Huhuhu

the body got stolen by yura and ma pil joo in order to hide evidence... so thats why he couldn't kill yura when he first met her and was trying to find out where the body was in order to give a proper burial..

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

My sentiments exactly. In last episode, one moment Lee Hyuk chokes Sunny the next moment he cries for her. One moment he burns Sunny's evidence, next moment he works with Lee Yoon. It's time they pick a side and make him stable in one character. I was planning to talk about this but this happened.

The same thing with MYR she has never cared about DS and numerous times has put him in danger, She has never been concerned about him she even told NWS to abandon him but all of a sudden she is sad and crying about DS....? Its like they are still trying to figure out which direction to take the characters.. 

I think the only constant villain is nanny. She is continuously evil and she doesn't mess around with her plans to make Ari the crown princess

ED is continuously evil but she does have her comic moments.

Yura is now showing signs of redemption.

Hyuk on the other hand is just giving viewers whiplash :sweatingbullets:.  He swings abruptly from one end to another. Imo, he is now an unexplainable character. Hua3. 

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I think the only constant villain is nanny. She is continuously evil and she doesn't mess around with her plans to make Ari the crown princess

:angry: I wanted to smack her so hard when she was forcefully shaking and dragging Ari around!

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

:angry: I wanted to smack her so hard when she was forcefully shaking and dragging Ari around!

You are not alone! I want to smack her when she was dragging Ari, even more when she said you are my creation! My creation to change my life! Omg! Self centered much?! You evil evil evil woman! Hmph.

SEO KANG HEE... she wanna be a climber.

I think at first she got jealous toward So Hyun, she is her best friend, but I think it's a bit weirdos when she copy So Hyun.

She jealous why SH get everything, and she got nothing, till the end, she just became assistance of SH, and SH live happily with imperial family, wealth, and also a nice husband. She wanna take everything from her for long time before she kill SH, that's why she maybe that take SH pict (a bit unsure, but i remember she said something familiar when she saw Sunny and Woo Bin together), and she also get pregnant from LH. How dare she betray her best friend!! 

A lot of story why a good friend betray the other, and the most of this because of jealousy for another live. 

We know if KJS and SH friend from little kid. But, when they know SKH? 

Where's SKH family? 

Hope she don't do this for revenge toward imperial family... Why she said if interesting knowing Yu Ra back to the palace because KJS? She also hate ED so much. How if her family die because of imperial family sins? And So Hyun that have pure heart take care of her as a best friend. But if she wanna revenge to imperial family, why she must kill So Hyun, her best friend? But knowing SKH heart, maybe she just don't believe about best friend relationship... 

Just finished watching this week's episodes. I have a new theory about the NWS/SN ending - they'll use alternate footage of the LH dream sequence - and walk hand in hand out of the palace with their wheelie totes.

Even if this isn't how things go, that's how I'm going to pretend it does.

I was so happy thinking they'd be able to wrap the drama properly with extension..but looks like they still adding unnecessary things and skip important ones. At this point I don't know if what I think, is what I should be thinking because the story and characters seemed to be changing bases time to time. 

Unnecessary : The old palace worker cameo by Kim Sumi. I thought that was such a waste of time. Enough with ED's comical scenes. That kind of filler is not at all welcomed at this point of the drama.

Spoiler

They showed us new alliance of Wangshik-Sunny-Yura. While we know Sunny and Yura are now in a strategic alliance because they kind of share the same goal right now. But we all know it will not be easy for Wang Shik to work with Yura after what she did. I think it would have been understandable if Sunny is the one who convinced WS to work with Min Yura for now because she wants to bring down ED too. But sadly we don't get any scene like that.

I do think Min Yura is now in revenge side. Her character looks quite stable after she knew the truth of Kang Ju Seung. But does she seem very apologetic for what she did before? My answer is "NO". 

She seemed to be wavering a bit when she last saw Dong Shik. But that's it. 

I interpret it like this-Min Yura knows she was wrong to do what she did. But she doesn't know how to apologize-apology will not be accepted either because what she'd done is not forgettable. So she keeps taking NWS-Sunny's side. Min Yura seemed to got it through her head that she could've lead a life that she dreamed of if ED didn't mess up with KJS. She said to Sunny that she now has some things (taking revenge on ED) to do.

Many here seemed to be talking about how Seo Kang Hee is the main villain.I still think ED is the bigger one. ED is the type of person who never directly killed or touched anyone still manipulated/ordered others to harming the people she wanted out of her life. But somehow with her comical scenes she seems to be loosing her status as a pure villain.

At the end of the drama If I see SKH is shown as the main target I'd be very disappointed. Because The Last Empress is supposed to be about how Sunny brings down the Imperial family with the help of Na Wang Shik . I'm already confused how they'll continue NWS's revenge without the appearance of NWS in the screen..If I see that there's no bringing down Imperial Family I'd be very very disappointing. To me it'd be pointless. 

And Lee Hyuk...Lee Hyuk is still being Lee Hyuk. He keeps showing many faces-but one thing remains same. He's continuously being selfish and unapologetic. He still thinks he has the right to do the things he did. He thinks Sunny should not do anything , to stay alive. what he does not think is that if he help Sunny to bring down ED, problems could be solved easily. He threatens Sunny for trying to reveal the truth as it involves him but he works with Yoon to uncover Seo Kang Hee because he knows SKH is the one who killed So Hyun. Yes..He may genuinely want Sunny to be alive (be it because he thinks he needs her or he actually loves her) but his way of doing that is so very wrong and selfish. 

DzZ-aAZUwAAVEcS.jpg

DzZ-aRDV4AAgwqG.jpg

DzZ-ah-UwAAdbaQ.jpg

Because now I know we may not see Wang Shik and Lee Hyuk's face off anymore..I'm now holding onto opening scene and ending scene of the episode 24. Sunny seemed to be resolved to crush them all. If I don't see the continuation, I wouldn't know what to say about this drama. 

Spoiler

Zv8oTqc.png

T8Vm05r.png

iCjVQAN.png

gl07l41g.jpg

vaY7bS7.png

eTpuiMa.png

lpNssnd.png

So.... Oh Sunny, Fighting! Go, Crush Them..

Spoiler

3jL7YFH.png

3ksQYaG.png

ATFsxhz.png

hkxxyan.png

9znrkfG.png

I super like the words Bin and Sunny said to Hyuk in the recent ep. 

Especially Bins:

'i thought you'd change after a near death experience, but I guess you just can't fix people. You are living proof'.

DzZ-aRDV4AAgwqG.jpg

DzZ-ah-UwAAdbaQ.jpg

Bammm! That was right in his face. But Hyuk has a rock in his head, he does not compute how right Bin's words are. (CJH delivered these words awesomely, I hoped he said more)

Both Sunny and Bin's words were so direct, so barbed and on point. But Hyuk is so dense, so dim, so self absorbed to even realize that he is the one supremely wrong. Hyuk has a twisted way of thinking, he twists everything that others say and turn it to as if he is the victim. He plays victim quite a lot.

Imo, nanny is not the main villain. But the writer is consistent with her being a villain. She never showed any comical side, her resolution never wavered. ED is a villain with somewhat clean hands and that is even scarier. She does not do the actual dirty work, she manipulate others, usually her son and sometimes Nanny and even Yura to do the job. 

My interpretation about all 3 villains is they are all power driven. What they want is absolute power and authority. I think it is very clear that Nanny and ED wants power. Hyuk might be masked in his super cray ways and people will think he is driven by his obsession with Sunny/Sohyun. But imo, he is power driven too. He can't stand to loose the power he has an emperor. That is why he still does not admit all his wrong. He uses his authority to do many things, usually bad. And he keeps on repeating he is the Emperor, as if he wants to affirm his power over others. 

In the end, i believe Sunny will crush these 3 for sure and reign supreme! 

P.s: thanks @flutterby06 for screencaps :)

@sally2 i thought they would use extra footage for NWS in ep 49-52 too, but then they specifically said CJH's last appearance would be in ep 48. Huhu. I actually do hope they have extra footage of NWS, i want some closure for his story. Unless they intend to do a drama sequel with NWS as an imperial auditor or as bodyguard to the new ruler of Korea: Oh Sunny. Hehehe

Ok... I am kind of disappointed to learn that Na Wang-sik’s arc is over... or is it simply Choi Jin-hyuk’s part? But the fanfic writer in me thought of a possibility of Na Wang-sik’s sudden MIA...

If the healthy Empress overslept after being in contact with the flowers and we know from previous witnesses that the flowers can causes headaches for simply breathing it in... could it become a factor for causing Na Wang-sik to be unwell enough to fast forward his remaining 3 months lifespan? Note how the Princess So-Jin noticed the missing of Na Wang-Sok and the Empress immediately and only to have Sunny run into the scene after it. Maybe we will get a scene later for Byun Baek-ho to inform Sunny that Na Wang-sik is missing and then discovered died due to his head injury... 

And upon learning Na Wang-sik’s death, it could be the last straw that broke the camel's back for Sunny and Baek-Ho to push forward with their plan to destroy the royal family completely.

I am very disappointed that they made the grandma commit suicide. Not logical reasons. Earlier on, it was Min Yu Ra who hid & witnessed  what Hyuk & mom was up to. Now in this retelling on the story, the nanny was hiding in the same spot as Yu Ra?

Just now, O said:

I am very disappointed that they made the grandma commit suicide. Not logical reasons. Earlier on, it was Min Yu Ra who hid & witnessed  what Hyuk & mom was up to. Now in this retelling on the story, the nanny was hiding in the same spot as Yu Ra?

Ohhh..i did not realise the YR and Nanny switch.

I am dissapointed granny commit suicide too. Hyuk attempted murder, ED suggested suicide. But they did not actually kill her. She killed herself. If this were to be brought in court, there is a possibility both of them can be released without punishment, since she willingly killed herself. And she wrote a letter about it. And wish Sunny can clean up the mess.

Sunny got the worst out of this. 

Another thing i am dissapointed with is the island. After all that build up, the island is just a drug farm? That's it? With all the buildup i expected it to be a killing ground or something worse. Hua3

6 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I do think Min Yura is now in revenge side. Her character looks quite stable after she knew the truth of Kang Ju Seung. But does she seem very apologetic for what she did before? My answer is "NO". 

She seemed to be wavering a bit when she last saw Dong Shik. But that's it. 

I interpret it like this-Min Yura knows she was wrong to do what she did. But she doesn't know how to apologize-apology will not be accepted either because what she'd done is not forgettable. So she keeps taking NWS-Sunny's side. Min Yura seemed to got it through her head that she could've lead a life that she dreamed of if ED didn't mess up with KJS. She said to Sunny that she now has some things (taking revenge on ED) to do.

good insight on yura.... yea, she seems to be at a point where she wants to apologize but doesn't know how and so all she can do is try and be useful... by the way, did anyone catch her cringe when she saw that thug (who tried to attack empress michelle) walk out from ED's quarters? she glared and seemed almost like she was also afraid? and she said something like "yes, thats him. I know it is." makes me wonder...

My husband who watches TLE with me asked me why I looked so upset on Friday evening. After hearing about the big mess up about CJH not going to appear in the last 2 episodes and he looked at me with an incredulous expression and said”what is going to happen to Na Wang Shik and his revenge?.. the drama started with his mom and him seeking justice and is this the end???

this statement would ring true to anyone who have been following the series.

Right from the moment WS took the bullet in his head,  the writer had sealed his fate and started the story of WS surviving and planning his way into the palace to seek vengeance. At this late stage, every character in this show has an arc and proper closure. Even KJS (YR’s fiancé} has a story and a reason to exist in the drama. It would truly be an injustice to the character of WS if the writer leaves him MIA and justice not served. What I meant by injustice

1.Not getting the apology from LH in person for running her down and abandoning her after the accident

2. All his efforts of Planning/strategizing and being an ally to Sunny for the entire story only to leave her at the end to fight it on her own

3. Always on the receiving end of the constant beating/torture of the imperial family and losing his identity for the entire drama with the exception of the last episode.

i just do not know how the writer will spin the story to end the WS’s arc. She has gone too far in the storyline to make this work.

1. What made it impossible is that WS came back appointed as an investigator to unearth the corruption of the imperial family. It will be odd that this was introduced in epi48 together  with the empress Eun and disappear with no reports.

2. there is no way the writer will make him work behind the scenes to investigate it privately. He is the one the pivotal character in bringing down this family.

3.  Even if he has to die, they need to connect the dots as to what happened to him on the island. He had escaped death in the entire series with so many beatings and he dies in the hands of some workers/thugs in the island!!... hmm.. that will be hard to believe

4. it is also quite impossible to send him for surgery after collapsing from overdose of inhaling poppy flowers..

I am hoping that they had film extra footages to connect all the dots and give him a proper closure.

as for LH, I am sorry to say this but until today, he has not shown any remorse in the bad deeds he has done with the exception of trying to keep Sunny by his side. I totally love the last words that WS says to his face..” after going through a near death experience , you still did not change.” It just shows that one  cannot fix people. You are a living proof”

And yes.. I agree with what @katakwasabi and @flutterby06 plus many of your comments in this forum, the writers, please be consistent what you want LH to be. If the end game is for him to be redeemed, show that to the audience now and  not just focus on how he wants to protect Sunny from ED and the nanny. Having said that, LH should not be let off so easily as well

AND.. I would want LH to kneel in front of WS to beg for forgiveness even in front of his grave (if WS has to die)

Having grand ED’s suicide is another stupid twist. Sunny has to bear the consequences of her death..the reason for her stay in the palace to uncover the mysterious death is really in vain.

show me what you have writer Kim!

In my country, attempt to murder also get punishment. So LH must be get punishment. 

But suggest suicide... I don't know...

ED is the clever evil. 

She can't touched easily, for her crime. 

Maybe she can get punishment because of corruption and it also after Woo Bin help So Jin to get out from that corruption. All time she make So Jin doing crime.

She provoked LH to kill his wife, KH to attack Yoon, MYR to frame Sunny, what is the prove that she brainwashing their mind, to do what she wanna do? Is it an order to kill? I don't think so. If it is the order maybe also will get punishment easily.. 

Wait and see how the law will work cause of this. 

Drug make a lot of money, why ED need corruption in imperial family? For what that poppy, is that for her beauty only? 

Maybe in the end everyone will make ED down for sure. 

MYR and LH also ever get proven of ED corruption. LH and Yoon catch Kang Hee, and Kang Hee will give confession if ED that order her to do that.  KJS also will give a witness about the island, and Ms. Choi ordered by ED to kill him, and LH save him. 

Sunny that will give the decision in the imperial family. 

The last thing is how about LH and Sunny relationship, she know if LH actually also innocent. In a part when she read GED's letter, she said so, Lee Hyuk didn't kill GED.

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

good insight on yura.... yea, she seems to be at a point where she wants to apologize but doesn't know how and so all she can do is try and be useful... by the way, did anyone catch her cringe when she saw that thug (who tried to attack empress michelle) walk out from ED's quarters? she glared and seemed almost like she was also afraid? and she said something like "yes, thats him. I know it is." makes me wonder...

I was thinking that she knew him from another occasion not yet revealed to us...

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I was thinking that she knew him from another occasion not yet revealed to us...

Don't you think its a bit too late for new reveals? Huhuhu

Anyways...are we told anything about the necklace yet? The one with sunny is a fake right? The original one was found on Sohyun? Or is the one on Sohyun fake, the original with Sunny? So who forged the necklace? Why was the necklace drawn in Sohyun's book? Why was Sunny somewhat interested in the necklace before? Or is this just a plothole for us to overlook :ph34r:

On 2/9/2019 at 1:25 AM, cherrynaam said:

WS He is suitable to be "King" because
1. He loves family "more than" his own life
2. He "risked" to take revenge for his mother only.
3. He "protects" Dongshik and Sunny without worrying about his own life danger
4. He sees "value" in other people's lives like his own lives
5. He knows "control" consciousness and feelings of. revenge on the principles of reasoning.

6. He is a "hope" like "starlight" in the dark sky for the people.
Under the rule of the royal family

Sunny. She is suitable to be the empress.
Next, she treats honor and dignity worthy.
With this position the most .. She should be happy after passing many obstacles
That she must manage within this palace

Leehyuk may be the "victim" of his mother but He is not a "pure man". He should pay and repent of what he used to be.
Done a lot according to the law Prison soon and come to live like
An ordinary person to learn another life
One of the different societies that he found
In the palace, he can turn to be a "good man" after receiving lessons and having people ready to Give him an opportunity

Min yura & Seo Kang hee
kill the dead
Must be sentenced to life in prison To pay for the lives of the innocent victims who died
gone

ED is not insane, it should be imprisoned for life as well because she uses the power to kill many Causing many cases to challenge the power of The law is not afraid of sin.

Unfortunately, CJH has a schedule.The conclusion is not like this.The middle story emphasizes the poorness of King.
So much that I have to stretch the episode Should be better managed.Unfortunately, the writer wrote a bad NWS script. Otherwise, this character will can dominate the audience's heart

Archived