[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

lemme get this straight.. so granny killed herself and tried to frame evil mom and lee hyuk for her death? and left the empire to sunny so that she can destroy it? 

this drama has more drama than 15 dramas put together :huh:..

i think writernim is a bit tipsy when she wrote the screenplay ~~ 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

lemme get this straight.. so granny killed herself and tried to frame evil mom and lee hyuk for her death? and left the empire to sunny so that she can destroy it? 

this drama has more drama than 15 dramas put together :huh:..

i think writernim is a bit tipsy when she wrote the screenplay ~~ 

I havent watched the ep with subs. But seeing your comment, i cant help but think granny took the easy way out. Hua3

Just now, Matilda_Anne said:

sorry did i spoil it for you? i thought it is safe to post not under spoiler coz it’s already friday.. sorry again..

No worries. you didnt spoil it and i dont mind spoilers. By the way, I watched the ep live yesterday hahaha.

But i dont understand korean all that much, thus i can't capture what the letter from GED was about other than she killed herself. Hua3

3 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

No worries. you didnt spoil it and i dont mind spoilers. By the way, I watched the ep live yesterday hahaha.

But i dont understand korean all that much, thus i can't capture what the letter from GED was about other than she killed herself. Hua3

she was going yadda-yadda about what happened the night she died.. it was half confession letter-half will.. luckily sunny found it otherwise she would have killed herself for nothing.. great handwriting though... 

2 hours ago, Super Gal99 said:

Uh Oh...erhmm.. ahhh... mm.. erhhh..... (i am having those CWB = NWS vibes ...:sweat_smile:)

**dum dum dum**

Reveal hidden contents

*whispers* i cant help it but think: is@triplem staring at me? :sweatingbullets:

Ok yap...  i had deleted my previous soompi account and now i am using my Google account to login heee... 

(Had to login juz to rant - was super duber angry at writernim ops ops:tounge_xd:)

:grimace:Ok ok... the queen of 'makjang drama-watching' has spoken - hahahaaaa~~

:glasses: cheering for Sunny -- uri "Shero" -> hwaiting !! 

Ah.. yap yap .. was thinking uri hottie getting the long overdue surgery might be the best option ..(sigh..)

Ok chill talking about "life" i have to fly back to Real Life now wawawaa~~:tears:

:blush:ok chill.. happy watching to those chingus who are in for the last lap!

Reveal hidden contents

(Waawawaa.... no more private swimming lessons)

Yes.. I am still in for the last lap!:P I would like to see how the story ends esp with KH, ED and the never fail to amaze me MYR.

I have never watched any drama from this writer and now I think I understand what makjang is. after going through 3 plus months of roller coaster ride.

seriously, if they bring back old Rocky bear to act as WS, I will laugh like crazy as I did mention once that I am picturing a fat WS eating happily with DS and Sunny at the end of the drama. 

jokes aside, though I am disappointed not to see the dashing CJH as WS till the end but I pray that the writer gives him a good closure. I am definitely going to miss the interaction of WS and LH as every scene of theirs is so explosive especially In the last few episodes. 

To me the most satisfying part of TLE this week is WS getting back his identity and need not use WB anymore! And I totally love the trio JNR,CJH and SSR esp in the BTS. I don’t believe there is any bad feelings and I will still put my faith in this writer (although she annoys and frustrates me like crazy) to close this beautifully

I am disappointed with how it’s turned out but I will still see the final episodes because I’ve unexpectly grown very fond to Ari and attached to her arc >_> I am curious where her story will take her. After this week, I think sunny will remain empresss and watch over ari who will become the next empress (hence last empress because sunny last one to be empress not from imperial family?). I guess I’m just gonna stick around to see the ending. But I’m not fully invested in this like I was at the beginning or with some dramas in past. I think I already started to get less invested when the bad guys would just keep winning and we were only a few episodes close to the finale before the extension. After awhile of always seeing the villains ‘win’ it gets redundant and boring because I wanna see the good guys succeed too!!!

16 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

she was going yadda-yadda about what happened the night she died.. it was half confession letter-half will.. luckily sunny found it otherwise she would have killed herself for nothing.. great handwriting though... 

I find it interesting that the letter was only found now. It was not even hidden that well. Did they not search GED's stuff when they were investigating her death. I think i did jokingly say somewhere maybe GED stabbed herself, but seeing that she actually did it and even wrote a lengthy letter about it is weird. Nguhuhu

I don't agree with suicide (but this is a drama, so lets roll with it). The consequences of her death falls mostly on Sunny first. Huhuhu. Sunny was even blamed for her death at the first round. She was nearly killed because of it. Ms Hong died too. And so many other things happened in relation to her death. 

12 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I find it interesting that the letter was only found now. It was not even hidden that well. Did they not search GED's stuff when they were investigating her death. I think i did jokingly say somewhere maybe GED stabbed herself, but seeing that she actually did it and even wrote a lengthy letter about it is weird. Nguhuhu

i found it kinda upsetting that the only sane and decent person in the royal family ended up killing herself to punish the crazy goons in the palace..  kinda look forward to see how they would carry the drama without CWB though.. wasnt the whole thing started bcoz someone killed his mom? now he’s gonna disappear just like that?  i guess the writer really hates him lol.. from bullet in his brain to non stop beating, now he’s gonna be offscreen for the whole extension...

the whole drama is weird to me huuu

I stopped watching 2 weeks ago when it was clear to me that CWB and Sunny wouldn't be having any more scenes together. I was greatly disappointed in Fated to Love You when the characters of Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk didn't end up together, so I had high hopes for this drama. Finally, they were going to get their "happy ending"! :wub: Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk have great chemistry because they have been friends for a long time, and it is evident in all of the BTS videos that they are very comfortable with mutual skinship.

So, I have just one question to the writer of this drama:

Why, oh why, did you waste two great talents with close chemistry (aka YOU COULDN'T EVEN GIVE US ONE STEAMY KISS BY A COUPLE WHO PROBABLY WOULD HAVE MADE THE TV/LAPTOP SCREEN MELT)?

I am NEVER watching another drama written by this writer again! :angry: :angry::angry:

I think these are a few ways that the show could use to cover for Choi Jin hyuk's MIA scenes next week.

1. Have someone else stand in for him, and let the guy wear a Woo bin face mask, with a pic of his face on it, like the Halloween dude.

2. Have someone else stand in for him, and shoot his back only.

3. Have us stand in for Woo bin, so Sunny, for example, will just look straight at us and talk to us, like we are Woo bin. 

4. Have scenes of a shadowy Woo bin shot through a glass panel or outside a transparent door, so that he's always in the next room, or the next door, or the next window.

5. Have Woo bin communicate through the phone or email or whatsapp, so we see his text messages or they can pretend to talk to him on the phone.

6. Have Pretend Woo bin running ahead each time so we never get to see him stand still long enough to see his face.

I am just wondering... The reason why the letter was not found before was perhaps no one was interested to find it?

If we look back at the things kept in the box, it's everything related to Sunny and things the GED held dear. For that someone to know what are the things held dear, it has to be Hong Leader right? The one who has always been with the GED... She would be the only one who found it all and kept it. 

But before she could let it be known, she had to jump in to save Sunny and died. Because she knew it would have been what the GED wanted. Maybe she was instructed to hint to Sunny but didn't manage to do it due to all the attention on Sunny. Also, the things put in the box would have meant nothing to others as they are not treasure but to Sunny, it would be her shared memories with the GED... Hence she hoped that it would grab her attention and discover the hidden letters? The other could be the true copy of her will... The one which was previously announced but changed... The GED must have known that her will will be changed so she kept a copy to ensure that Sunny get it at the end of the day? 

Just now, triplem said:

what does your mum think ? Is she watching this as well ?

she still doesnt know about CWB.. im too scared to tell her lol..  yes she’s still watching.. she really loves this drama lol.. i guess all the crazy telenovelas that she used to watch before kinda make this drama seems mild in comparison.. 

this is the most ridiculous news I ever read in a kdrama! It's ridiculous just like how the story line of the drama flows.From time to time I wanted to give up this drama but because of JNR and CJH, I endured it until now and yet disappointment one after another. The writer just not only wasted the efforts of the whole casts and also making the viewers(at least me) like a fool :bawling:

GED last wish so complicated... 

SUNNY MUST KEEP HER POSITION TO TAKE THE INHERITANCE FROM GED, THAT ASSET SHOULD BE GIVEN TO IMPERIAL FAMILY VICTIM. SHE CAN'T DIVORCE ! 

(it looks like unaffair to Sunny, she must spend her live with LEE HYUK, although she feel disgust with her husband)

I have no idea, what Sunny can do to escape from Lee Hyuk? 

GED make Sunny in difficult position. Sunny must keep the Empress position (by marriage) and she can't divorce Lee Hyuk :open_mouth:.  So she can serve the people, and help the imperial victim with the asset she owned. 

She must be a legal wife of Emperor to serve the people. 

It means Sunny must forget about her feeling for another man :bawling: When GED alive, she just see Sunny in love with Lee Hyuk, never know Woo Bin, how happy Sunny with him. 

So maybe it's about EMPRESS DIGNITY. 

4 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i found it kinda upsetting that the only sane and decent person in the royal family ended up killing herself to punish the crazy goons in the palace..  kinda look forward to see how they would carry the drama without CWB though.. wasnt the whole thing started bcoz someone killed his mom? now he’s gonna disappear just like that?  i guess the writer really hates him lol.. from bullet in his brain to non stop beating, now he’s gonna be offscreen for the whole extension...

the whole drama is weird to me huuu

Welll...maybe she wasnt sane enough that she decided to end her life just like that. She had a choice. She is in a position far higher than Sunny but....she decided to die and expect Sunny to clean up this mess.

Errrr whaaatttttt?

(Edit: its a good thing she left a suicide letter and its also good that sunny was the one who foumd it.)

This drama is weird. I knew I was boarding a cray2 train from the beginning. So all is fine i guess. Its still cray till the end as it seems. Hua3

I'm interested to see how they end this too. I expect Sunny will be on top. I dont know what to expect about the villains though. I hope they get punished. 

I really dont want this to be a mind game eg: in a comatose bear-Bin mind who is still recovering from the gunshot to his head. Or this is a long storytelling session. These are endings i really hope i dont see.

I can't believe it..What should I call it..unprofessionalism, negligence or insincerity! How could they do that to us viewers or the whole team who're doing hard work since oct/nov of 2018, almost four long months. How could they just give us such a major character mess up!

The extension was in talk for a long time. Surely they're aware of CJH's schedule..If it conflicts with his schedule they could film his scenes earlier..why didn't they do that!His agency mentioned in their statement that the production of TLE knew about this schedule..that means the PDs didn't make arrangement to resolve this situation. From the pictures of Jang Nara in Lunar new year, it can be easily understood that part of episode 22 and 23 were filmed before Lunar New Year. They'd plenty of time to hurry filming CJH scenes.. They can film that damn Kim Su Mi cameo with ED to show us nothing important but they can't film more CJH scenes in advance! Do I have to believe it!?

The fact that this PD has history of conflict with his lead actress in previous drama Return just makes me more bitter. Can't help but think there's something more than schedule conflict. The whole situation seems so very suspicious...aargh..I hate this feeling.:angry:

Thanks for that gif @Super Gal99. That sums up my feeling right now. I was thinking of talking more about this week's episodes..But after seeing this mess, I feel so dejected now. 

If anyone is more sad about this situation, I beleive it's Choi Jin Hyuk.. He couldn't give a proper farewell to Na Wang Shik. :bawling:

I will be still there to watch last two episodes expecting to see Sunny crush the Imperial Family. But I'm not excited anymore. I don't even feel like watching the latest subbed episode. :tears:

About The Last Empress.

The imperial family must be done. 

There's no Emperor or Empress after Sunny. 

Lee Yoon actually refuse the throne, and A Ri also wish to grow as a usual child. Sunny and Lee Hyuk never had a child. Sunny will be the last Empress. Her feeling toward Woo Bin also impossible if she want to make GED last wish come out, she should be the Empress or keep her position. 

After Sunny punished all imperial family, she also used the asset to give imperial family victim. She back to her normal live with A Ri. Maybe if Lee Hyuk finish his punishment, he'll be meet with A Ri and Sunny as a normal person. Sunny also must learn how to forgive him just like Woo Bin done toward Lee Hyuk. Sunny also misunderstand about Lee Hyuk all the time, she think he's the murderer of SH and GED, but time answer it totally wrong. They must spend time together as a friend at least. 

I wish SSR and JNR sing together in the theaterical again. :wub: (sorry, my wish is JNR,SSR, and CJH at first but :tears: CJH left, so at least i wish SSR and JNR sing together) 

i watch this show for JNR & CJH together, even though i wished they had more screen time together, i persevered watching on bcos i believe the story is developing in the direction of Sunny & NWS working together towards pulling down all the baddies. Was trying to prepare my heart for the scenario whereby NWS dies and Sunny alone, But their goals accomplished and they have proper closure before NSW dies ... with the news of no CJH next week, i lost the motivation to watch this to the end :(

3 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

The fact that this PD has history of conflict with his lead actress in previous drama Return just makes me more bitter. Can't help but think there's something more than schedule conflict. The whole situation seems so very suspicious...aargh..I hate this feeling.:angry:

If anyone is more sad about this situation, I beleive it's Choi Jin Hyuk.. He couldn't give a proper farewell to Na Wang Shik. :bawling:

@flutterby06, same sentiments as you ...felt so cheated of the 20+ hours i spent watching this drama ...  i think many of us suspect more behind the scene dramas & cover ups with regards to his exclusion from the final episodes. Feel so bad for CJH.

Archived