[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Hmm.. something is very wrong with all the "good" people in this drama.

We know their next move and what they will do next to bring down the baddies OPENLY and then we watch in despair how all things went down the hill from there like as if it will works at the first place.

I mean.. if your enemy know your next move, then it's not longer a secret isn't it?

So how on earth do they want to bring down ED?

*face palm* 

Exactly my sentiment....the last empress also made the same mistake by telling ED what she was going to do when she found out about the Island.  They know exactly what those people are capable of to keep their secret and that they are not above killing a person....yet they are not discret about bringing them down  and then they act surprised when something happens . 

jackie-chan-meme-je-ne-comprends-pas.jpg

* Translation: I don´t understand

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Reveal hidden contents

ED is having a massage, by male masseurs of course, lol.... A servant came in with new sets of medicine/poison, asking her whether it should be tested. Choi came in to inform her about Vincent Lee new book. ED is fuming seeing the cover that has a dead body in the pond.

Sunny and WB somewhere near a bridge. Sunny is crying her heart out. WB comforted her by holding her. Made a promise in his mind that he will protect her even with his life.

LH is drinking in the dark in his room. He thought about what Sunny said. He said, he didn't know about it. So he decided, that's right. I should just apologize and say I didn't know. He went to her room, but she isn't there. He walked out to find her. He saw WB and Sunny walking back together. He went to them and said he has something to tell her. Sunny of course is still mad and asked him to get lost and just kept walking away. LH looked very down, but because Sunny walked away, he grabbed her and started with the we're husband and wife again. And starting to drag her away with her complaining asking him to let go of her. Then WB intercepted and told LH, enough, stop it. LH was stunned and WB told him to grant him the request that he promised, which is to let him have Sunny? or to leave her alone? I didn't catch that part... but then he added, because I like her.... whooooooaaaaaa!!!

End of episode.

:scream: awesome writernim..the ending always unpredictable..i just never imagine the wish will.be used at this point..

Another 4 weeks..then how to withdraw from this:cry:

But for now braised myself to enjoy the ride!

1 minute ago, ktcjdrama said:

Tonight's stream was rather annoying. It was asking for a refresh faster than usual. There is no more ads, but I need to click on play and un-mute the sound each time... I guess I should be thankful there's even a working stream, lol... but if anyone has a better stream, please do share....

I prefer to watch it on SBS official website. You just need to log into their account and the streaming works smoothly :)

1 minute ago, lingx2 said:

I prefer to watch it on SBS official website. You just need to log into their account and the streaming works smoothly :)

Please teach me how... It's all in Korean...

Btw, I'm feeling sorry for Sojin... I hope WB will come clean with her. I don't want her to become a revengeful person. She is rather harmless actually....

9 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Tonight's stream was rather annoying. It was asking for a refresh faster than usual. There is no more ads, but I need to click on play and un-mute the sound each time... I guess I should be thankful there's even a working stream, lol... but if anyone has a better stream, please do share....

I want to mention again that I'm beginning to get disappointed with the way Yoon's character is written.... I thought he would be the smart brainy one in making his moves, but he ended up using a lot of emotions as well when tackling matters instead of using the brain :( I'm sad to say that out of all the characters in the show, he is the most weakly written.... :(:(:(

@Sarang21 Yes, that former Head of Security

Oh boy...this is big trouble for WB especially since he will join hand with YR. I´m sure YR has something to do with the fact that he survived. 

I also agreed with you about Yoon. He is all talk but no action. at least not smart in his action. He was supposed to be the smart one between the two brother but so far I´m not seeing any of it. 

Thank you for recap

28 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@lingx2 never mind... I tried again, I saw there's a language option. Success in registering... Yaay!!! :D It should be a better recap attempt next week....

edit:

but wait... I tried to live stream just now, it said it can only be viewed in Korea....?? Oh well, we'll wait and see next week. Maybe I click on the wrong site of the web.

@Lmangla Just thought you should know that we need a new count on the dead bodies after today's episode :D.... hold on though... the count became the same actually, but just need to update whose body it is :lol:

5 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@Sarang21 ikr??

They really need to read up a book maybe named "How to survive in the Palace for Dummies" 

Like for real....and the number one rule should be not going around telling your ememies what you are going to do to them.

85t02.jpg

Thanks a lot, dear @ktcjdrama for live recapping!!

Seems like you all are bit sad with today's eps... And Yoon was never a helping hand for either of his family! I just thought he will be a great hand for Sunny though....

And I am so touched with Sunny & Wang Sik's closeness to eachother. It's beautifully written! :wub: And now we have only 4 weeks here... I am curious to know how the writer's gonna wrap all the messes up!

...Writernim is starting to get into 'good guy idiot syndrome' with the being honest and telling what they're gonna do...to the bad guys willing to kill for what they want?

Okay, here is where I will break from this drama now until it's over. 

And we were doing soo well. Why???

Hopefully when i return to binge watch, It won't be Moon Lovers all over again.

By moon lovers, I mean one half of my otp dying.....

And then there's the love triangle...imma keep it at that.

Peace

31 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Btw, I'm feeling sorry for Sojin... I hope WB will come clean with her. I don't want her to become a revengeful person. She is rather harmless actually....

Spoiler

It's easy. You just need to change the language to english first and register an account. Next you just need to click on the on-air button and you can stream it freely :D

sbs-1.png

sbs-2.png

sbs-3.png

Sadly, I actually don't think WB will live. I mean he has a ticking time bomb in his brain for crying out loud! 

I think LH's downfall will be one where he actually feels guilt and is bashed by all the public. Since he lived off public's affection, it will be apt for him to go down with the public's scorn. 

Not sure how they want to bring down MYR though. The ED too. I honestly cannot think of a punishment befitting of them. 

Yesterday, Sunny provided comfort and a shoulder to lean on when NWS was mourning for his mother...

Today, NWS gave her a hug and a promise to protect her when she was mourning for her mother...

How beautiful...

I also love that Sunny called him NWS instead of CWB when she was asking him to stay with her by the bed...

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

The excellent acting by SSR has very effectively gotten LH many new sympathisers till the point many ship LH & Sunny , but I firmly believe in WB -Sunny end game . Sunny , at the end of the day,  needs to be able to clear her name , get justice for her mum & be free of this crazy family. 

I believe it will be WB-Sunny too... but I still hope for LH to redeem himself... maybe one of the ways is by giving up his throne and divorcing Sunny to release her to be with WB.

We're still a long way from the finale, many things will surely still happen....

12 minutes ago, Miss_Unicorn said:

Not sure how they want to bring down MYR though. The ED too. I honestly cannot think of a punishment befitting of them. 

I can.

Very PG rated ways since I'm can't go all too psycho here.

MYR - shave her head bald. Put her on the island with only animals. See if she can charm her way through out of the island. 

ED - stop wasting breast milk on her and put her in a room with mirrors.

She can either talk herself silly or watch herself grow old.

tenor.gif?itemid=11853039

@ktcjdrama actually. I thought that's stupid.

Calling him NWS like that.... Is like asking LH and ED to kill them faster.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

@triplemI guess some people find almost killing  her and cheating on her great traits for a guy just because  he act sorry for once in his life.

Amen @dramaninja  Also help to fabricate a will and steal wealth that was promise to her.. I say hang him and mom out to dry..

I would love to see the end game Yoon and the sister.

19 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@ktcjdrama actually. I thought that's stupid.

Calling him NWS like that.... Is like asking LH and ED to kill them faster.

:lol:

I know. I was kinda shocked too... But supposedly, they're in a private chamber... but who knows with the thin paper windows... and then the ED peeking into the room :P

58 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@Lmangla Just thought you should know that we need a new count on the dead bodies after today's episode :D.... hold on though... the count became the same actually, but just need to update whose body it is :lol:

will have to wait and see the episode to see who gets added to the count.. thanks for the heads up!

keep thinking about the question posed by @Matilda_Anne; what does the empress dowager want really? why is she obsessed with making sure the emperor is a puppet? part of her ruining the lives of all these women is because she doesn't want him to think independently ever and wants him under her control. so she is constantly doing things to show who is really in power... but whatever is in that island looks like it will be her downfall. for a character like her, public humiliation and court trial will be the most horrible punishment. having everyone know your true face...

the nanny seems to be wanting to be empress dowager 2.0.. now am wondering if part of ari's brattiness is knowing that this woman wants to manipulate her and so she is purposefully putting a distance in a childlike manner... for all we know, ari may not even be nanny's child either. perhaps, some orphan kid she picked up and decided to pass as the emperor's... and wonder what will happen to dong shik...

Archived