which makes it even cuter

ergh if i could i wish i could just pick her up and put her in my pocket

kekeke

the other drama i am watching now have great ost playlist

so aside from the poster

i wish the songs or ost for this drama would be amazing as well

:)

@nakatsubebe   @gm4queen

Sorry chingudeul   What TLE got is an average price in the current market (12.2 b.w. for 24eps & 5 b.w. each ep)   DotS got 13 b.w. for 16 eps ( 8b.w. each ep). Probably DotS got paid more because of the writer and SJK. 

Spoiler

The public broadcasters (SBS, KBS, MBC) are constricted with a budgetary fund for a number of reasons.   SBS really wanted Mr. Sunshine but had to give it up because it asked for a whopping 400 b.w. 

Recently the production cost rose considerably.  So a licensing fee went up which caused DF to close.   One of the causes could be this:  CJ E&M used to have its own drama department and then in 2016, CJ E&M created a subsidiary, ‘Studio Dragon’, a drama production company under CJ ENM's E&M division,  so that not only SD can produce a drama for its own cables but also for other broadcasters (like SBS …).  SD set its main goal as to produce well made dramas so it targeted in recruiting many reputable writers.   
I learned about SD because it produced CJH’s Tunnel.   SD was set to go public in 2017 so the company carefully arranged the 2017 line-ups.  The first one they selected was Voice which did well and Tunnel was in the second which also did well with ratings. I now read SD made the initial public offering on November 24, 2017.
So in a few short years SD came to dominate the kdrama market. And it looks like it has a deep purse.   The reason for producing many hit dramas is that it can skimp off the best works for its own cables and let go of the lesser works to other broadcasters.  
I read the public broadcasters are trying to change too (like creating their own studio/or..)    It seems they are losing many good writers and staff too.   Also there are so many dramas which causes a shortage with leads and second leads.  I can see why some actors are appearing in multiple dramas like SSR in TLE and Vagabond. 

GD wiki shows the list of dramas (many 2017 hit dramas (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Dragon)

@gm4queen
I wish the photo of JNR with her royal wedding dress could have been sharper.  Still JNR looks good like a queen doll. :wub:

@chubby^green^

As long as there is a good romance, I don’t care even if the writer flung off TLE to Pluto. haha :D   though not too many scary parts  like mummified stuff.:sweatingbullets:   waiting to see how trio of J.C.S. will transform and interact to each other.  

4hsRvcx.jpg

https://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/0117_201811141018010868

37 minutes ago, booha said:

@nakatsubebe   @gm4queen

Sorry chingudeul   What TLE got is an average price in the current market (12.2 b.w. for 24eps & 5 b.w. each ep)   DotS got 13 b.w. for 16 eps ( 8b.w. each ep). Probably DotS got paid more because of the writer and SJK.

@chubby^green^

As long as there is a good romance, I don’t care even if the writer flung off TLE to Pluto. haha :D   though not too many scary parts  like mummified stuff.:sweatingbullets:   waiting to see how trio of J.C.S. will transform and interact to each other.  

I figured. With 24 episodes, 12.2 billion won is an average budget, compared to the 40 billion won that TVN spent on Mr. Sunshine. But I guess TVN made profit with their collaboration with Netflix anyway.

The only drama of Kim Soon-ok that I was able to finish was the Temptation of Wife. After that, either I wasn't interested or her dramas are just way too long :sweatingbullets:. This probably is one of her few 'mini-series' with only 24 episodes. I see her dramas are often criticized as too "unrealistic", that's why I laugh when I read @booha's comment that you don't care if she flung off TLE to pluto because she may do that LOL but in an addicting way :lol: Temptation of Wife is a revenge drama where the husband killed his wife only for her to get revenge..I wonder if Oh Sunny is killed by the emperor too and she will be back to get her revenge :lol: But the synopsis they gave out is that the empress dowager will be the one killed..hmm..Haha too much hypothesis, Nov 21 needs to come now.

Shin Sung Rok And Jang Nara Get Married In The Wedding Of The Century For “The Last Empress”

by K. Lew
c4a0a2698a5a49a8bb148c53f6a95e28.jpeg?s=

Shin Sung Rok and Jang Nara get married in a lavish royal wedding ceremony for “The Last Empress.”

“The Last Empress” is set in an alternate universe in 2018, where the country is ruled under a constitutional monarchy. The drama follows the conspiracies, secrecy, love, greed, and revenge surrounding the royal family. Shin Sung Rok plays the crown prince Lee Hyuk, while Jang Nara plays Oh Sunny, an unknown musical actress.

In the released photos, Jang Nara and Shin Sung Rok are married in a grand, royal wedding ceremony, with the royal family members and invited guests all around them. Jang Nara wears beautiful pink and white traditional clothing, while Shin Sung Rok is decked out in royal traditional clothing as well as a crown.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1262805wpp/shin-sung-rok-jang-nara-get-married-wedding-century-last-empress

So true dear @booha - I am also terrified of mummified stuff... But the trailer has one :o So yeah, we have to prepare ourselves..!! This is not a typical historic drama as in the premise..!!!

And dear @nakatsubebe - There isn't any info of Oh Sunny get killed by the emperor too and she will be back to get her revenge... I've only read this that Oh Sunny breaks down the royal family with the help of Na Wang-Sik and finds true love... But who knows..?! This is the K-dramaland so, anything is possible under the radar :o Can't wait to see them at the press conference..!!!!

And dear @larus - Thank you for the article...!! Jang Na Ra looks so beautiful :wub: OMG!~~~~ She truly is a Godess..!!! :wub:

Thank you so much @triplem for the video... Hey, is it the next trailer..?! I can't find it on youtube.!! And look at Jang Na Ra~~~~ She's more than a Godess!!! :wub: WOW!! Kissing scenes are also there... OH MAN, this is going to be the drama of the century..!! :o Horror, mystery, thriller, fantasy, romance & everything is there..!!!!

And of course, what are those hands..?! By the way, this may look dumb.. But in the previous preview, there was a mummy wearing the necklace. Then who could that be.?! By chance, is it Shin Sung Rok's mom or someone..?! :o But mummies are 100 million years old.. So that's not an applicable theory..! But something is strange.. And also, at the end of the video, Choi Jin Hyuk shouts at Shin Sung Rok like, "I'll kill you" :oSo as you said, something EPIC is definitely on its way.........

8 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And dear @nakatsubebe - There isn't any info of Oh Sunny get killed by the emperor too and she will be back to get her revenge... I've only read this that Oh Sunny breaks down the royal family with the help of Na Wang-Sik and finds true love... But who knows..?! This is the K-dramaland so, anything is possible under the radar :o Can't wait to see them at the press conference..!!!!

It's just a hypothesis, chingu. Not saying it's gonna happen but one of the 'what-ifs" :lol: But it looks like on the 3rd teaser, the woman we're gonna hate here is Min Yu-Ra.

Here's a teaser with eng sub courtesy of goback_jangnara IG

just saw the teaser posted on nara's ig acc

can i hate lee hyuk now already?

still adore ssr though, but for sure this lee hyuk guy is not your prince charming in any way

and if he is that d* bag like the teaser

he is one to hate like for real

though the kiss is like hmmm...

hahaha

and the female villain elijah lee (rite?)

got a gut feeling she will be a real b*

that conniving, sneaky ..... 

:angry:

watching this teaser sorta reeled me back to earth once again

it kinda remind myself that

this is not some fluffy rom com that i am used to see jang nara in, 

this is serious matter

it will be painful and harsh and even cruel (not in the cute kinda way, more like ur daily drama kinda way times ten)

*takes a deep breath

hopefully i will survive watching this as sunny and na wang shik (yes, i learn a new name today!) survived all of that makjangs and be happy together at the end

:tounge_xd:

@booha at this point after watching the teaser, i dare not wishing for lots of romance anymore

just pls have mercy for our leads

give them some breathing time and let them use one another as support and confidante (if pluto can provide that for them, then flung away)

hahaha

21 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

@booha at this point after watching the teaser, i dare not wishing for lots of romance anymore

just pls have mercy for our leads

give them some breathing time and let them use one another as support and confidante (if pluto can provide that for them, then flung away)

hahaha

You should mention the names of the leads as Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik, shouldn't you chingu..?! :D Since Lee Hyuk is the villain here, he doesn't count..!!!

And I am also very concerned that this is not a simple rom-com by Jang Na Ra but a serious one with horror, mystery & thriller..! :o And I can't honestly take the latest trailer lightly.. It's so intense that I am pretty surprised by the drama series. i really hope they won't show that mummy stuff more often b'cause I hate paranormal science..  :crazy:

So now I am keeping my expectations really low for this series :cold_sweat:

33 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

You should mention the names of the leads as Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik, shouldn't you chingu..?! :D Since Lee Hyuk is the villain here, he doesn't count..!!!

oh by all means lee hyuk can go to pluto too if he wanted too

and stay there (even if he don't want to)

hahaha

gosh i love mystery stuffs and paranormal or supernatural things are my fav (i even watch horror movies on my own all the time)

so i am looking forward for that bits

and just enjoy the thrill it brings

it's the part of seeing my sweet innocent delicate oh sunny in trouble and peril that is killing me for now (still not getting used to it just yet)

:D

i just hope this drama is not too depressing for my poor fragile heart

i dont have any high expectation for this drama, just that i want it to be good and stay interesting till the end, that's it

although rating might be important, for me enjoying the drama personally is even more essential and crucial

so no expectation aside from me enjoying the drama and having fun with it

^_^

and based on my experiences with jang nara's works, i know i will

5 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Thank you so much @triplem for the video... Hey, is it the next trailer..?! I can't find it on youtube.!! And look at Jang Na Ra~~~~ She's more than a Godess!!! :wub: WOW!! Kissing scenes are also there... OH MAN, this is going to be the drama of the century..!! :o Horror, mystery, thriller, fantasy, romance & everything is there..!!!!

And of course, what are those hands..?! By the way, this may look dumb.. But in the previous preview, there was a mummy wearing the necklace. Then who could that be.?! By chance, is it Shin Sung Rok's mom or someone..?! :o But mummies are 100 million years old.. So that's not an applicable theory..! But something is strange.. And also, at the end of the video, Choi Jin Hyuk shouts at Shin Sung Rok like, "I'll kill you" :oSo as you said, something EPIC is definitely on its way.........

4UTapWe.gif

EPIC??  Like this??  puhahaha 

Spoiler

iua0Vb1.gif

d6Alr1w.gif

qe6jhGV.gif

OZ2GVQR.gif

Queen /gimjang ( kimchi-making for the winter)

bSVAENG.jpg

hzjnsln.jpg

cr to DC

Spoiler

An imperial wedding for An Empress’s Dignity

by tineybeanie

jangnara_wedding6.jpg

One more week left until SBS’s An Empress’s Dignity airs. Judging by the newly released teaser, the tone is much darker and suspenseful than I thought it would be. Jang Nara (Go Back Spouses) stars as a cheerful musical actress named Oh Sunny, whose entire life changes when she marries into the royal family of Korea in this alternate reality where the nation is governed by a constitutional monarchy. However, everything is not as it seems, and she soon discovers there’s a mystery afoot, when the dowager empress suddenly dies under suspicious circumstances.

Photos of the beautiful traditional marriage ceremony have been released, and a bit of it can also be seen in the teaser below. Jang Nara and her husband, the emperor played by Shin Sung-rok (Return) look gorgeous in their wedding hanbok. Apparently, many of the props such as the decorations and food were custom-made for this shoot because of the unique setting, which is a reimagining of a modern-day Joseon empire. Although they could have populated the crowd via CG, they got 300-plus extras to be part of the wedding ceremony. The production team really pulled out all the stops on this—even the fireworks are 100% real!

An Empress’s Dignity hooked me with its elegant traditional wedding photos, but it really got me salivating with the stills of Choi Jin-hyuk’s (Devilish Joy) biceps. Dang, he looks good… He’s playing a royal bodyguard who is seeking revenge for the death of his mother. In the teaser, there’s multiple shots of him fighting others in order to uncover the truth behind his mother’s death.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/11/an-imperial-wedding-for-an-empresss-dignity/

4 hours ago, gm4queen said:

And I am also very concerned that this is not a simple rom-com by Jang Na Ra but a serious one with horror, mystery & thriller..! :o And I can't honestly take the latest trailer lightly.. It's so intense that I am pretty surprised by the drama series. i really hope they won't show that mummy stuff more often b'cause I hate paranormal science..  :crazy:

Of course is not a light drama. Even from the little synopsis available we could tell that.  We`ll have some romance because two people will fall in love despite all the troubles and despite an imposible love story from the start. She is married in a royal family. He wants revenge for his mother`s death and we could easily assume that someone in the royal family is guilty of her death. It will be hard for them to be together and all the problems will built their connection and make them stronger.

It is a thriller and mystery drama because there is at least one suspisious murder to investigate. It is a melodrama but I hope the writer don`t go too far. (I never saw the writer`s work but I know she goes makjang sometime. Maybe lots of times).  But horror? It is not.

I like the genre so far and I am glad it is not a rom com.  This drama is my cup of tea. I am a little worry about the writer but let`s be optimistic. :)

@chubby^green^   @gm4queen

Okay empress girls  :)
Remember SSR posted a sad looking Lee Hyuk.  I have a feeling the writer might use a sympathy card for LH and Lee and Min Yu-ra(Lee Elijah).  It means they will not be totally irredeemable.  Maybe something happened to them so they became bad.  Min Yu-ra doesn’t look vicious in her younger pictures which shows her preparing an exam to enter the palace.  Whereas about the grand empress she looks really scary. :sweatingbullets:  She could be a real villain in this drama.:angry:
I hope to see a strong emotional tug among 4- Sunny/NWS/LH/MYR.  Even if the writer goes south with crazy makjang stuff,  this trio of JNR/CJH/SSR will engage us emotionally. :relaxed:
The drama has 24 eps, so there is plenty of time to develop both romance and suspense/thriller.  
BTW Let’s remember that even if a drama flops, we don’t have to mope around.  We can still have fun here.  Cheers

8 hours ago, larus said:

Of course is not a light drama. Even from the little synopsis available we could tell that.  We`ll have some romance because two people will fall in love despite all the troubles and despite an imposible love story from the start. She is married in a royal family. He wants revenge for his mother`s death and we could easily assume that someone in the royal family is guilty of her death. It will be hard for them to be together and all the problems will built their connection and make them stronger.

It is a thriller and mystery drama because there is at least one suspisious murder to investigate. It is a melodrama but I hope the writer don`t go too far. (I never saw the writer`s work but I know she goes makjang sometime. Maybe lots of times).  But horror? It is not.

I like the genre so far and I am glad it is not a rom com.  This drama is my cup of tea. I am a little worry about the writer but let`s be optimistic. :)

TLE team said TLE, a romance and thriller drama.  I expect there will be a good romance in this drama.  You are right. Sunny is an empress, a married woman.  So it means there should be something so horrible that she has no choice but to walk away from the emperor.   In one preview, Sunny says she couldn’t trust the emperor and the royal family.  The writer can use her makjang making talent to create such a dire situation for Sunny so that we want to see Sunny choose a new path with NWS??  hehe  :)

SSR: ... feat.  Sunny sent it

Just snooping around the net for something interested on "The Last Empress"...

And I've seen that some fans are arguing that it's odd for Oh Sunny to fall in love with someone else when she's already married..! But then I thought that Lee Hyuk must be a real jerk that Oh Sunny can't even bare him for a second & she falls for Wang Sik. And of course, with all the epic battles taking place in the palace, she needs someone strong besides her..! And Wang Sik is the best choice :o

And I am curious to know whether Lee Hyuk was a bad guy since the beginning or "time" turned him in to the villain zone..!

^

i thought the same as well, meaning with the internet

she's married

unless the marriage was by force and she was not willing, kinda hard to imagine she fell for someone else

unless...

she didnt even love lee hyuk in the first place

she was caught up with the idea of romance and being a musical actress, she was all about the fanfare delusion of love being this grand gesture, over the top romance

when she was in the palace and reality sets in she realised that love was never take part in the reason why she got married to lee hyuk

and also because lee hyuk is a jerk and a richard simmons and having an affair with someone else

more than enough reason why she shouldnt hold on to him

if he can be a total (i ran out out of bad words to describe him-see how innocent i am B)) then i dont see the reason why she should stay faithful in the marriage and why cant she fell for someone else

hihihi

2 hours ago, booha said:

Okay empress girls  :)
Remember SSR posted a sad looking Lee Hyuk.  I have a feeling the writer might use a sympathy card for LH and Lee and Min Yu-ra(Lee Elijah).  It means they will not be totally irredeemable.  Maybe something happened to them so they became bad.  Min Yu-ra doesn’t look vicious in her younger pictures which shows her preparing an exam to enter the palace.  Whereas about the grand empress she looks really scary. :sweatingbullets:  She could be a real villain in this drama.:angry:
I hope to see a strong emotional tug among 4- Sunny/NWS/LH/MYR.  Even if the writer goes south with crazy makjang stuff,  this trio of JNR/CJH/SSR will engage us emotionally.

hahaha empress girls...

i like villain with substances, and giving them background makes them more real to me

though i will definitely by that type of person who would usually say

boohooo u have pathetic life in the past, doesnt redeem the fact that you are an a*hole still

i might feel sorry to him but if he is that horrible (remembering the hands, though i dont know who was full with bruising, i will just assume lee hyuk did that or maybe the grand empress hahaha) then he is just a no no

though honestly speaking from the teaser if he selpt with myr after married oh sunny, that would be a major strike one for me already

though have to agree

we have solid casts in this drama, not just the leads, but especially them

and i know each one will deliver their best for their character

and we as viewers will be taking the damnation roller coaster of emotions for sure

less than a week now

better stock up that tissues and also some punching bags guys

hahaha

while we will be rooting for sunny and nws, for sure ssr will be making us all torn apart with either hating him or feeling sorry for him

Archived