[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

11 hours ago, Anna Tan said:

This has been on my mind for the longest time... Is WB less guilty than LH when it comes to murdering Sunni?

In my opinion they are equally guilty... I guess that is why I find it hard to ship her with both of them.. 

Both men have their issues..both are quite scary when they try to mete out punishment on their enemies.... 

One of the reason why I really like WB's character is he doesn't put his ego above anything. Like someone said previously, he has intention to take revenge. But he also take care others (who didn't do anything wrong) and won't put them in harms. He protects Sunny a lot. He didn't do anything bad to Lee Hyuk's sister. He just using her to get more clues. He even safe Yura from Lee Hyuk's plan to kill her. He guarantee others safe from his plans. But seems he doesn't think calculate one bad person in the palace, the nanny. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot of psychopath are consider charming that is what makes them dangerous its all an act.

He puts on these acts after setting a car on fire with someone inside and  torturing someone shows you have crazy he is.

They can play all the zanny music they can but its beyond creepy to see him act this way after the horrible things he continues to do.

Is Hyuk not the main lead in this? I always thought he was the main lead because of his screentime ahaha

Anyways. I can not find myself to hate Hyuk completely especially after seeing him in the latest eps. He was a bumbling mess hahaha

Hyukkkk~~~

yFg1544591325116-600.jpg

I hope he gets punished for his wrong doings and turn out as a better person at the end•

20 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Rather, it's the ruthlessness that Hyuk displays for this woman who he used to profess to care for that made it chilling.

I think it was precisely because she earned his trust and affection, somewhat, in the beginning. So the hurt/betrayal he felt at learning the truth felt worse than a normal person's betrayal. He's just too extreme. It's like, hurt him once he'll lash back a million times, hence the tortures. 

But it's interesting to see too that he is unhinged in that extreme sense. Now that Sunny's caught his interest, it looks like he flipped 180. There's no gradualness to him at all haha.

i want sunny to pretend she likes lee hyuk too so she can use him to get rid of omamama...after that, she should break lee hyuk's heart (if he has any). then, woo bin can seek revenge for his mother's death! ohhh revenge is best served cold, on a royal platter kekeke..

i kinda like princess Ari now. looks like she really appreciates sunny as her mother :blush:

Newbie here. I just wanna say I love this drama despite the craziness. It’s very entertaining and there’s never a dull moment. A bit refreshing from other dramas actually. 

Anyway, I found this fanmade video of Lee Hyuk and Sunny. I know he’s evil but because of Shin Sung Rok’s dorky scenes, I sometimes wish this show was a romcom instead. He and Jang Nara have a great chemistry. 

43 minutes ago, waffles09 said:

I know he’s evil but because of Shin Sung Rok’s dorky scenes, I sometimes wish this show was a romcom instead. He and Jang Nara have a great chemistry.

Oh man I know what you mean. I felt this way at the earlier eps when he was woo-ing her because it /was/ funny and if I forget about the murder, it was fun to see him faking hahaha. I could feel the chemistry beyond the screen *_* really loved that bit when they were both singing on stage (after all, both actors have a great voice!)

Thought I would stop by again to say that I am still enjoying this drama a lot! :)

With regards to the whole AB- blood issue, Rh negative blood is extremely uncommon in South Korea. The average percentage is about 10% in the whole world - in South Korea only 0.3% are Rhesus negative. That I think would explain, that there are some issues with having access to that blood type from time to time.

The latest episodes really shocked me. I have to say the makjang seems to be increasing.... :D I wouldn't mind her toning down a little bit, though. I felt REALLY uncomfortable watching the scenes where the crazy empress mom tried to seduce that young trainee, as well as, where they grafted Yu-ra's skin without pain killers. Yuck!!!

Also, even though there probably are cultural differences, I felt it was really excessive to show Sunny disciplining Ari by hitting her calves. I personally don't believe in corporal punishment and come from a country where that type of punishment would land the parent in jail, so I had to fast forward that scene.... :unsure:

On a positive note, I like that we are seeing more lovey dovey scenes between Sunny and CWB, but I think the writer could throw in a couple of more cute scenes per episode. ;) Preferably with kissing :wub: Jang Na-ra and Choi Jin-hyuk are good kissers - please, dear writer, don't let their talents go to waste.... :D 

On 1/5/2019 at 4:00 AM, knuts said:

why why why :crazy:.......was WB so careless, which has made Min Yu Ra find out that he is Wang Shik ...whae whae whae..!?!?!?....:crazy: 

Hi @knuts :D same feeling here...I was thinking why is he so dumb! Don't he know that Yura is so cunning and sly. I wonder the next episode will reveal actually Yura didn't hear his cries. And maybe she only think that he's frustrated not finding the body to inform Lee Hyuk about it.

I have always enjoy Shin Sung Rok's acting. He's a great actor. From most of the dramas he was in, there was only one drama which he played the good guy. In that drama, I found out how attractive and good looking he can be. His smiles are infectious and charming. Mi an chingu deul, I forget which drama. Let me check it now......................errr I can't remember which drama. Was it One Mum and Three Dads?

Anyway.....I wanna say that even though Choi Jin Hyuk is supposed to be the male main lead, it seems that Shin Sung Rok's screen-time seems to be more. By looking at the drama's main poster, both male leads are standing at the same row indicating they are both main male leads....maybe.....

WE17231718_ori.jpg

Whereby we can see that Jang Nara is the main lead.

1 hour ago, alekaonu said:

Anyway.....I wanna say that even though Choi Jin Hyuk is supposed to be the male main lead, it seems that Shin Sung Rok's screen-time seems to be more.

even in the writer's previous works, the villains really shine. part of it is the genre itself. even in daily dramas where there are grand doses of makjang, the villain ends up having quite a prominent role and screen time. so unlike typical rom-coms, where the villains are more second leads trying to separate the OTP, the villains in makjang type dramas have very fleshed out characterization, motivations as well as screen time.

last year, I watched a daily "am also mother" and in the last 20+ episodes, the story was all about how the villain character gets reformed. in fact, once the OTP got together, the leads barely had a presence and were almost like secondary characters and instead, the villain got more screen time. so this kind of writing is not that unusual in daily/weekend/makjang type dramas. it just seems odd in comparison to a typical rom-com.

Hmmmm.... it could be just me but I kinda watched the new cheesy Lee Hyuk with dread in the past 2 episodes. As much as I love that dorkiness of the emperor, I am still very much reminded that he is the villain in this drama. As the story goes, I would probably expect more attempts to woo back Sunny but with failures. It would then justified his over the top possessiveness over Sunny reactions when he sees Won Bin and Sunny fall in love under his instructions in future. And something tells me he won’t take it too kindly to Sunny’s rejections and would even go as far as to force her into a relationship with him by threatening the lives of her family and others? That kind of boxed-in I’ll relationship would then make sense for Sunny to fake her death later to escape from Lee Hyuk, perhaps with the help of Qian Won Bin.

And of course, the need to help Sunny escape from Lee Hyuk becomes Won Bin’s other reason to hate the royal family and desire to destroy them along with Sunny.

PS: I think this is a double male leads coupled with one female lead series because of the way it pans out. Also, considering how both Shin Sung Rok and Choi Jin  Hyuk were nominated and received the best male lead actors awards in the recent SBS drama Awards 2018, it seems to support that line of thoughts.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

in fact, once the OTP got together, the leads barely had a presence and were almost like secondary characters and instead, the villain got more screen time

yep i reckon this drama will have the same pattern..besides, there are too many villains in this drama ie omamama, nanny, yura, prime minister....so our OTP loveline/screen times will probably not be as much as OTP in typical rom-com

38 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

yep i reckon this drama will have the same pattern..besides, there are too many villains in this drama ie omamama, nanny, yura, prime minister....so our OTP loveline/screen times will probably not be as much as OTP in typical rom-com

I suppose our leads will only get to be OTP later on when they are challenged and feel beyond concern for each other. Now would be more of dealing with the mystery and mess with a dash of humorous tug of war in between for now.

Archived