[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

4 minutes ago, larus said:

Shin Sung Rok plays the bad guys very well. No wonder they will cast as a villain all the time. His wicked smirk is excelent. :lol: Actors want to play various roles and genre and I don`t have doubt that he wants that as well not only the audience. As long as he gets roles, he/everyone is happy. But the industry tends to give typical roles to actors. For exemple, Lee Joon Gi wants to play in a rom com but he gets offers only in action dramas. I know he is good in those scenes/ dramas but I want to see him for once in a drama without fighting. Not to mention about the trends. Now is the trends of priests and horror genre. :D

Shin Sung Rok always plays the bad guy... I don't know why..?! Perhaps he has a villain look on his face..?! :lol:

And you are so right... It's the horror era in South Korea :D And I must say this.. When the trailer showed a mummy with the necklace, I was shocked..!! :hushed: And I really wish I'll be able to bare those scary visuals when the series starts..!! Since this is not only a typical historic drama, we have to expect some supernatural stuff.!!.. And I really hope you'll continue watching the series not dropping it half-the way through, if you know what I mean dear..!! :wub::sweat_smile:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Since this is not only a typical historic drama, we have to expect some supernatural stuff.!!.. And I really hope you'll continue watching the series not dropping it half-the way through, if you know what I mean dear..!

No, not a supernatural drama this time. :lol: I usual finish all the dramas I started. Because I am a little busy, I watch them when in my own time. I don`t know if this time I will menage to watch on time and keep reading the thread constantly. But don`t worry. I am sure this thread will be more active then others.

Lee Hee Jin Is A Quirky Princess And Yoon Joo Man A Merciless Villain In “The Last Empress”

by L. Kim

9c40a16a0eba484487a772b23f3473d1.jpeg?s=

Upcoming SBS drama “The Last Empress” released photos of Lee Hee Jin and Yoon Joo Man’s characters.

“The Last Empress” depicts modern-day Korea as a constitutional monarchy. It has a refreshing story line showing the conspiracies, struggles, love, greed, and revenge that happen under the rule of the imperial family.

Lee Hee Jin will play the role of Princess So Jin, the sister of the Korean Empire emperor Lee Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) and the president of the Hwanggung Complex Shopping Mall. Although Princess So Jin has many things, she experiences loneliness due to a lack of affection, an appearance complex, and lack of self-esteem. She has unusual fashion style, and she comforts herself through her shopping addiction.

In the stills, Lee Hee Jin confidently marches into the shopping mall in her unconventional outfit that includes orange sunglasses and blue high heels.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1261195wpp/lee-hee-jin-quirky-princess-yoon-joo-man-merciless-villain-last-empress

5 SHADES OF JANG NA RA

WOW~~~~ She's so pretty, charming & beautiful..!! And can't even believe that she's nearly 40... :o And she's older than all her leading guys..!!! She's 1 year older than Shin Sung Rok & She's 5 years older than Choi Jin Hyuk!!! :wub: But that's totally OK for her..!!! And I read somewhere that she's the one who falls for Choi Jin Hyuk first in the series..! Then it'll be a magical love by Oh Sunny & Na Wang-Sik :wub: YES, I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE PREMIERE NOW!!!!~~~~~ :wub:

45980420_2090056497972552_59830541080791

Dear @booha

Thank you so much for the pics of my favorite Na Ra :wub::heart: She's so beautiful in white..!!!~~~~~ Just like a fairy princess.!! :wub: But why does she look so tired & annoyed in Hanbok at the coffee truck..??!! :o I am surprised..! I've never seen such a negative face of her..!~~ :cold_sweat: She looks like a little girl in Hanbok..!! So petite :o

And hopefully we get another trailer & POSTERS of course next week...!!!

3 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Yes, I want to see him playing protagonist character or different roles from what he always does. Hope he'll get the chance in the future projects. He looks more cheeful and peaceful with those messy curly bangs and light brown hair gives him more youthful chic vibes.

SSR actually plays lead and as protagonist in theater plays. And he has a very good singing voice too when he does musical plays. JNR went to watch one of his plays ‘Daddy Long Legs’ before starting to shoot for The Last Empress. He played Jervis Pendleton who is obviously a good guy. In TLE, JNR is a musical stage actress. I assume she went to see his play not only to support his new leading man but also to get a quick insight on her new role (although she always watches plays since her dad is still doing theater).

I’m sure this coming week, the production will do most of their promo since ‘Two Lives One Heart’ will end this week. I assume there would be posters too unless they just wanted that plain title poster which we’ve been seeing all along. JNR had an IG post a while back when she was wigling her toes and she’s wearing a hanbok. It looks like a photo shoot so maybe it is a part of making their poster.

What makes this drama highly anticipated is the fact that the cast are known to have good acting skills. They may not be idols with legions of fans but they are known to deliver what they are expected of. 

bodyguard & emperor B):P

** It seems SSR is a sort of workaholic.  He has such a long list in appearing in drama, movie and theater/musical. Now I know why he is so tall.   He played basketball in high school but he had to give it up due to injury and became an actor.  He is doing well in theater.

Spoiler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Sung-rok … Mainstream breakthrough still eluded Shin, but in theater his star was rising. In 2007, Shin was picked from 400 auditionees for the lead role Solomon in Dancing Shadows, a musical adaptation of the realist play Forest Fire by celebrated Korean playwright Cha Beom-seok.  He later received a Best New Actor nomination from the Korea Musical Awards.  As Shin starred in one hit musical after another, he continued to impress critics with his acting performances, his strong and powerful baritone vocals and his delicate and clear alto notes. He is now considered a top musical star, even drawing fans from outside Korea to his shows. )

Here are two musical videos
2017년~2018년 《모래시계》 - 박태수 역

‘너에게 건다’ 신성록 풀버전

cr to uploader

2018년 《용의자X의 헌신》 - 유카와 역

[대명문화공장 1관 비발디파크홀 :용의자X의 헌신]

cr to uploader

@booha Thank you for the clips. I was actually watching clips of SSR's plays in YT too. All 3 of them - CJH, JNR, and SSR are singer/actors. Even Lee Hee-jin is a singer/actor too. We have a talented cast for this drama. I am also looking forward to see JNR sing again and I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same way especially after Go Back Couple. She will probably sing more than 1 song as a musical actress. She mentioned in her previous interviews that it is hard for her to sing and act at the same time because she is not good with 'multi-tasking'. But that is what made me love her, she broke the mold and became both a singer and an actress. Although she may not realize it and thinks she is lacking, she paved a way for current idols/singers to branch out and also become actors in plays, dramas, and movies. 

On 11/11/2018 at 1:49 PM, booha said:

I appreciate about your concern for CJH.  thank you  Hopefully he will be better. 

i adore him, cant say that i'm his fan since i only watched two dramas of him, one is because of jang nara aka fated to love you

and another one is because i like that drama regardless of the actors that is tunnel

but both dramas give me warm feeling of him, especially tunnel

he was amazing in that drama

and so i am rooting for him and hoping the best for him

then again i am also rooting for ssr, hahaha

beside knee injury can be really painful and stays with you

shin hyesung from shinhwa suffered from knee injury long time ago and even still relies on steroid to ease the pain and so that he can function

he even get exempted from army because it was that serious

so i dont want cjh to suffer the same

On 11/11/2018 at 8:45 AM, gm4queen said:

OH YES...! Where're the posters..??!! This series doesn't have posters..?! NO WAY! But, great things take time :love: So I hope we'll get something magical soon...!!! :wub: Fingers crossed..!!!

On 11/11/2018 at 1:49 PM, booha said:

Now we have more serious matter to talk about. haha  You are right. What happened to the poster and many other things??   It’s getting very close to the premiere yet there isn’t much stuff coming from SBS.  :angry:

ah... the posters

since they are late it better be magical and blinding

hahaha

pls let someone who ha at least some skills in photopshop to do the posters?

kekeke

got a feeling that one of the poster would be featuring their wedding procession

because that is the ultimate vision of this drama

with both sunny and lee hyun in wedding gard walking down or up the aisle

and cjh (btw what is his character's name, i must have missed it) is looking from side in his bodyguard suit along with the earpiece (because that is important)

and to make it makjang we can also put the mother empress and that vilaines el in the poster looking from side with mysterious smirk too

hahaha

and then the tag line, i'm imagining thought, different thoughts from the characters

something cheesy from sunny

sinister from lee hyuk

vengeance note from cjh

and so on

:tounge_xd:

40 minutes ago, chubby^green^ said:

i adore him, cant say that i'm his fan since i only watched two dramas of him, one is because of jang nara aka fated to love you

and another one is because i like that drama regardless of the actors that is tunnel

but both dramas give me warm feeling of him, especially tunnel

he was amazing in that drama

and so i am rooting for him and hoping the best for him

then again i am also rooting for ssr, hahaha

pls let someone who ha at least some skills in photopshop to do the posters?

kekeke

I've also only watched Choi Jin Hyuk in "Fated To Love You" b'cause of Jang Na Ra...! And I am not a "Tunnel" fan.. But in here, I think I'll eventually be a fan of him..! :D And Shin Sung Rok also is more handsome than I thought he is..!! And look, both the lead namjas are hot!!!~~~~ So I am all in :wub:

Me me me... I am an expert in Photoshop & please look forward to my artworks once Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik fall in love :wub: I'm having butterflies that their love will be magical~~~!!! Between a fairy angel & a handsome man.!! WOW, SOUNDS AMAAAAZING!! :) And it's said that Oh Sunny is the one who falls for Wang Sik first so, this is gonna be a magic ride!!!

Anyway, it's next week...!!! So we need more stuff now~~~~!!!!!! :heart:

On 11/11/2018 at 8:57 AM, gm4queen said:

Dear @booha

Thank you so much for the pics of my favorite Na Ra :wub::heart: She's so beautiful in white..!!!~~~~~ Just like a fairy princess.!! :wub: But why does she look so tired & annoyed in Hanbok at the coffee truck..??!! :o I am surprised..! I've never seen such a negative face of her..!~~ :cold_sweat: She looks like a little girl in Hanbok..!! So petite :o

And hopefully we get another trailer & POSTERS of course next week...!!!

Actually I felt too JNR seemed to be under the weather at first. But in other photos she showed her usual bubbling smile so I didn’t think much of it.  After reading yours I peeked around in dc. Just one member mentioned she appeared to be a bit down in the clip.  But another said her pouting expression was rather adorable.  Maybe she was acting for a cute expression. lol   Oh well maybe we are too overly sensitive about such things.  haha 

Btw I read it was very cold that day and a bad dust storm came which made everything uncomfortable.   The staff could come to the support truck only during the break because the filming set had limited time so the crew had to work busily.  Even JNR had to come during her quick break.  After taking some pictures she had to rush back so fast that she didn’t have time to sign for her fans. Someone mentioned she heard even the meal time had to be cut short due to busy shooting.  Hopefully everything goes smoothly.-_-

On 11/11/2018 at 4:21 PM, nakatsubebe said:

@booha Thank you for the clips. I was actually watching clips of SSR's plays in YT too. All 3 of them - CJH, JNR, and SSR are singer/actors. Even Lee Hee-jin is a singer/actor too. We have a talented cast for this drama. I am also looking forward to see JNR sing again and I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same way especially after Go Back Couple. She will probably sing more than 1 song as a musical actress. She mentioned in her previous interviews that it is hard for her to sing and act at the same time because she is not good with 'multi-tasking'. But that is what made me love her, she broke the mold and became both a singer and an actress. Although she may not realize it and thinks she is lacking, she paved a way for current idols/singers to branch out and also become actors in plays, dramas, and movies. 

Thanks for telling me about JNR.  I only know about JNR’s career briefly.  I mentioned before that JNR had a small circle of women friends.   Once I saw a picture of them together with one or two others.  PKL is not a pushover type. She is the kind of a person who looks at a barrier as a challenge and tackles it.   So I sensed that these women were a pack together to handle their careers in k-entertainment industry which is largely run by men.   Korea is a patriarchal society under Confucius principles.    But in k-drama entertainment there is a bit more room for a career woman(like an actress)  to carve out her own territory as the majority of the kdrama viewers are women.   Still it’s a tough environment for any actress alone to navigate through a patriarchal society.  
JNR has an appearance of cutesy  and adorable but in that photo I felt she was a part of those women who were k-feminists, strong and tough independent career women.   What you said about her is so right.  I’m not surprised to hear  she has been a role model for the younger generation.:)

**Here is something amusing while waiting to see palace intrigue in a k-lalaland :tired::tounge_xd:

f5O50bE.jpg

Spoiler

erx5ejU.jpg

1rzpngA.jpg

C4WAviH.jpg

R7riMrO.jpg

MUpyhK5.jpg

cr to DC

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

Ahhh... the bts is making me more impatient. When will this be air actually? I know you guys might have mentioned it but I miss to read the airing date of its premiere. 

I think it's November 21st.. Apparently on next Wednesday :)

Jin Hyuk: It's cold.. #TLE

**From the shooting of  a bodyguard training session. 

r7ZuiOA.jpg

VeG5VHl.jpg

cr to DC

http://www.starjn.com/sub_read.html?uid=92510

22 hours ago, gm4queen said:

I've also only watched Choi Jin Hyuk in "Fated To Love You" b'cause of Jang Na Ra...! And I am not a "Tunnel" fan.. But in here, I think I'll eventually be a fan of him..! :D And Shin Sung Rok also is more handsome than I thought he is..!! And look, both the lead namjas are hot!!!~~~~ So I am all in :wub:

Me me me... I am an expert in Photoshop & please look forward to my artworks once Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik fall in love :wub: I'm having butterflies that their love will be magical~~~!!! Between a fairy angel & a handsome man.!! WOW, SOUNDS AMAAAAZING!! :) And it's said that Oh Sunny is the one who falls for Wang Sik first so, this is gonna be a magic ride!!!

Anyway, it's next week...!!! So we need more stuff now~~~~!!!!!! :heart:

Wow  so you know how to swing  a photoshop magic wand.  whahaha so happy to hear.  TLE team better not disappoint us with the visuals.  Looking forward seeing your work   :blush:

10 minutes ago, booha said:

**From the shooting of  a bodyguard training session. 

Wow  so you know how to swing  a photoshop magic wand.  whahaha so happy to hear.  TLE team better not disappoint us with the visuals.  Looking forward seeing your work  

Thank you so much dear.. I am very looking forward to swing the magic of Oh Sunny & Na Wang Sik :wub: And just look at Choi Jin Hyuk..!! Looks like he's working so hard for his role & here're the results..!! I mean, those muscles!!!!!~~~~ :D

And I've heard a long before that the premiere is on November 27th.. But now, it's November 21st & it's next Wednesday!!!~~~~ :wub: I am very much excited now.... Can't wait to see the cast at the press conference..!! If you know any dates, please inform us, ah..??!! :D

Found this article below, translated as SM Life Design signed a contract with SBS for production of The Last Empress amounting to 12.2 billion won or about 10.7 million USD which is 36.78% of their total sales from last year. I read somewhere that Descendants of the Sun's production cost is 13 billion won and they even have overseas filming but TLE is longer with 24 episodes (or 48 based on current episode count). Would it be considered a 'big-budgeted' drama?

에스엠라이프디자인, SBS 드라마 '황후의품격' 제작 계약

송고시간 | 2018/11/12 10:42

(서울=연합뉴스) 김아람 기자 = SM Life Design[063440]은 SBS 드라마스페셜 24부작 '황후의품격(가제)' 제작 계약을 SBS와 체결했다고 12일 공시했다.

계약금액은 122억원으로 작년 연결 매출액의 36.78% 규모다.

회당 제작비는 5억1천만원이다.

http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2018/11/12/0200000000AKR20181112053700008.HTML?input=1195m

Like everyone here, I also want to see posters but I'm not sure if the title poster will be it. Even on its SBS website, it's just this title poster displayed.

IMG_6152.jpg

1 hour ago, nakatsubebe said:

Found this article below, translated as SM Life Design signed a contract with SBS for production of The Last Empress amounting to 12.2 billion won or about 10.7 million USD which is 36.78% of their total sales from last year. I read somewhere that Descendants of the Sun's production cost is 13 billion won and they even have overseas filming but TLE is longer with 24 episodes (or 48 based on current episode count). Would it be considered a 'big-budgeted' drama?

I had a hunch that this could be one of the biggest-budget K-dramas of 2018.. But then again, my hunch has turned in to a reality..! This could be one of the biggest-budget K-dramas of the century :o With all the dramatic sets, actors' costume & all the stuff, I can imagine the number of 0s.!!!!!!~~~~~ :wub: And is it possible that 99% of the budget includes the fees for Jang Na Ra's costume..?! There're her hanboks, empress dresses, musical dresses & so much..!!!!! :o

WOW!!!~~~~ I truly wish they reap the full results of all their hard work starting next week..!!!!!! :heart:

And who's the script writer for "The Last Empress"..? A He or a she..?! Anyway, the writer has created such a beautiful concept for Jang Na Ra to spell her magic on the screen!!~~~~ :wub: Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

Choi Jin Hyuk Trains To Be A Royal Bodyguard For Upcoming Drama “The Last Empress”

by C. Hong

3ab93498080a4128b6e8315227bac4f9.jpeg?s=

SBS’s new drama “The Last Empress” has released stills of Choi Jin Hyuk’s character undergoing training to become an imperial bodyguard.

“The Last Empress” takes place in an alternate reality where modern-day Korea is a constitutional monarchy. Jang Nara plays a young woman who marries into the royal family, Shin Sung Rok plays the emperor, and Choi Jin Hyuk plays a character named Na Wang Shik.

The scene where Na Wang Shik trains to be a royal bodyguard was shot in Chungcheongnam Province. Despite the chilly autumn weather, Choi Jin Hyuk had no problem filming in a sleeveless shirt, even when filming was temporarily stopped at the beginning due to a sudden heavy rain. He made the staff laugh by cracking jokes and impressed them with his dedication.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1262487wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-trains-royal-bodyguard-upcoming-drama-last-empress

Archived