[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am sure there will be a romantic line down the road... because if the description of Sunny's character out there is correct, she is supposed to find true love in the end. And actually there have been hints of them developing good feelings and admiration towards each other. I believe there will be more bonding as they interact more, but again, it's not something that I would focus on while watching this. I agree with you that there will usually be subtle romantic lines within even a revenge or war themed dramas. I'm only sharing my pov so that people won't have too high expectation for it from this drama as one can probably be disappointed.

Yes, I agree there are definitely some feelings between WS and Sunni. But an admiration, respect, mutual understanding, warmth, care, empathy or even sympathy are quite different from love. And for now I don’t see an indication of any *love feelings* budding between the two. Of course there are more pressing matters at hand but there always will be.

I also agree that they need to interact more to develop some romantic feelings but that is the main problem here. The number of scenes they have together is very limited or short. They don’t have much chance or opportunity to fall for each other if the writer won’t give them more scenes and time.

You are probably right I should not have had my hopes up because I do start to feel a little disappointed. I guess I succumbed to the hints that were given at the sinopsis and the big red line (that indicates romance) in the relationship chart)))  

Don’t get me wrong I do love this show as it is but it starts to get a little repetitive without some lighter emotional outlet. It’s high time start adding something fresh to make the plot moving and the characters developing by something other than angst, in my opinion.

Also it won’t be good if the writer suddenly remembers about their relationship at the end of the show and makes them fall in love with each other all of a sudden and without more solid grounding.

Anyway I still want to hope for some more solid progression between WS and Sunni but I’m not so sure now…

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

LH left ED's room, and swore to himself that he cannot trust his mother anymore.

ED sitting in her room and thinking about something. She picked up her phone and called Sunny's father. Asking him don't you want to know how Sunny is doing now? Next thing, her father came while Sunny is outside cleaning, she tried to hide the basin and rags, but when he entered her room, he was rather stunned, but immediately said that it's nice like that, although he looked concerned and sad when she is busy eating the fried chicken and the food he brought.

Later, both are in tears but keep saying positive encouraging words... Father couldn't take it anymore and left the room.

CWB brought MYR back to the hospital cell. MYR asked why she is brought back here, don't they have an agreement. CWB asked where the body of NWS's mother. MYR told him she didn't know. CWB pressed a button to call the people, MYR immediately say that it's the ED. CWB still left her there to be tortured... hmmm, he's getting scary... As he walked out the corridor, he saw in a cell a man scribbling a name on the wall, I can only read the first word, Kang... the ED?

CWB went to Sunny's chamber, and told her that he has to find his mother's body no matter... Sunny asked him to eat together. LH came and overheard them, he was about to leave but then he said why must he leave?

Very touching scene ahead.... Sunny wrapped a piece of meat with veggie leaf and offered CWB to eat. He got teary remembering his mother, then Sunny fed that piece to him which he ate gratefully.... Just then, LH came to spoil the fun, grrrr... He sat right in between them, and asked for food from Sunny, Sunny took a piece of food, pretending to give him but gave to CWB instead. LH got angry and claimed that everything in it is his, he almost pointed to Sunny but changed his finger direction. Sunny told him that the food is not his, but this is mine, mine, mine...

Spoiler

Sunny left the room, CWB got a call and left the room as well. Leaving LH alone.

ED is in her room, getting updates from Choi regarding Sunny's father visit, also about Vincent Lee is a male, not female. She summoned CWB and asked him about something.

CWB in Sojin's room, no one is there, he looked over some documents lying there. Sojin suddenly came in asking what he is doing there. He came up with some excuses, and again worked his charm on her. Preventing her to sign the documents, something related to the mall.

When he left the room, he called Byun and updated him about something.

Hello all! Finally caught up with this drama and I am loving it!

Am I the only who don't find anything wrong with the torture scene of MYR? B)

It wasn't hard to stomach so I don't see why are people making a fuss of it.

Those screamings can't even defuse the wrath in me for what she has done.

For a burnt victim,  her hair are in super good condition. *rolls eyes*

Other than rubbing her wounds, they should have cut off her hair or shave her bald.

Death is too easy for someone so cruel, so evil.

To let her live miserably for the rest of her life? Is to strip her of her beauty which she was proud off. 

And ED? I'm disgusted. 

Will discuss more after the live recaps.

Spoiler

Ari in Sunny's room, singing and dancing. Sunny at the side thinking, while Ari trying to get her attention. An accident happened that got Ari hurt and she was very angry with the maid next to her for causing the accident. Sunny asked Ari to apologize to the maid. Ari is like what?? She said sorry casually. Sunny told the maid not to accept the apology if it isn't sincere about it. The apologies continued outside, with Ari trying to bribe the maid into accepting her apology, with money and jewelry. Sunny saw that, and called Ari into her room. She spanked her legs while asking her what she did wrong, Ari crying, and Sunny told her that is not the way to apologize. Ari admitted that no one, even Sojin ever did that to her. Sunny picked her up to her bed, comforted and praised her. Ari still in tears, but smiled and looked happy with Sunny's sincerity. Nanny is outside the room, seething with anger.

LH and CWB in his office. LH got a call, it was Byun playing a recorded voice.

Mall meeting. Something is decided about an event. Hello was there and looking upset. She was thinking about Yoon who left. She is interviewing a part timer, but purposely making it very friendly, making Yoon jealous. She kept pasting ads to find part timer but Yoon is behind her to tear the ads away, he got caught red handed though. Hello told him that she liked him. They kissed.

CWB is getting MYR to tell him where NWS's mother body is...

LH went to Nanny's room, asking what she wants to discuss about Ari. Nanny told him she is very sad that the Empress is disciplining Ari. She played the pitiful card, even went to LH's side and laid her head on his shoulder. LH told her the thing he most regretted is the night they were together. She was never his woman, in the past, now or in future... ouch.... Then he left. Flashback of Nanny, turned out that she was in the room when LH and GED were having the confrontation. Present time: Nanny drinking and being smug about what she knows.

LH saw ED talking to someone very hurriedly and sent the person away. LH asked who it was.

Sunny doing the live vlog again, she told the viewers that she has proof that she isn't the person who murdered GED. A call came in, supposedly from ED, but it was her junior from the theater, saying some negative stuff... She is in ED's room, under instructions of ED. Sunny looked shaken, especially because of the accusation by the viewers. Sunny was about to end the live vlog, but LH came to the rescue with wine bottle in hand and pretending all lovey-dovey and defended her from the comments. He is trying to win her favor. ED saw the live vlog and got angry. Sunny sent LH's out of her room, he wouldn't leave so she threw him some instant coffee and he reluctantly but happily left. ED intercepted him asking what he is doing. He said they're not divorced yet legally.

CWB in the empty field like we saw in the stills shared earlier. He tried to dig up something. MYR is watching from afar. He found a black bag, all emotional, starting to cry and screamed out Omma.... MYR walked near, as he is talking and apologizing to the bag he thought was his mother's body. He still didn't see MYR. But clearly MYR found out he is NWS.

LH in his bed, couldn't sleep because of anxiety. He drank a little, then he was about to go out on his bike. ED told him not to. So 10 years ago he got into an accident. Flashback. LH is badly injured and being wheeled into emergency room. ED so angry and slapped Byun, the security head for letting LH out. LH's condition not good, he needed a lot of blood which is rare type. But one of the doctors told her about another patient (There is a cut in the streaming so I don't know what happened) Sunny's family in the hospital as well, they're being told that her mother couldn't make it. All of them cried, especially Sunny. It was Sunny's dream and she woke up from it. She was further shocked when LH who was sitting by her bed asked her what happened. He is drinking. Sunny got up but LH pulled her into a desperate hug. Sunny stunned. End of episode. No preview

I don't know, maybe Sunny's mother is sacrificed as in her treatment is compromised in order to save LH??

Is the OTP finally happening? Are we finally getting down to it? Because it took long enough!

And how is the Emperor just now choosing to be a loving husband? He had his chance! I admit it is kinda cute but he's crazy and honestly after all of this he deserves whatever Sunny gives to him because the woman came back with a vengeance.

48 minutes ago, juju84 said:

Also it won’t be good if the writer suddenly remembers about their relationship at the end of the show and makes them fall in love with each other all of a sudden and without more solid grounding.

Anyway I still want to hope for some more solid progression between WS and Sunni but I’m not so sure now…

Happy to inform you that there is a little progress with their relationship.... but little or much is a relative term, I guess. For me, it was good progress ;)

29 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

For a burnt victim,  her hair are in super good condition. *rolls eyes*

Hahaha, I have been thinking the same thing... but because this is makjang genre, we have to throw logic out of the window...

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Hide contents

Ari in Sunny's room, singing and dancing. Sunny at the side thinking, while Ari trying to get her attention. An accident happened that got Ari hurt and she was very angry with the maid next to her for causing the accident. Sunny asked Ari to apologize to the maid. Ari is like what?? She said sorry casually. Sunny told the maid not to accept the apology if it isn't sincere about it. The apologies continued outside, with Ari trying to bribe the maid into accepting her apology, with money and jewelry. Sunny saw that, and called Ari into her room. She spanked her legs while asking her what she did wrong, Ari crying, and Sunny told her that is not the way to apologize. Ari said that Sojin never did that to her. Sunny comforted and praised her. Ari still crying, but looked happy with Sunny's sincerity. Nanny is outside the room, seething with anger.

LH and CWB in his office. LH got a call, it was Byun playing a recorded voice.

Mall meeting. Something is decided about an event. Hello was there and looking upset. She was thinking about Yoon who left. She is interviewing a part timer, but purposely making it very friendly, making Yoon jealous. She kept pasting ads to find part timer but Yoon is behind her to tear the ads away, he got caught red handed though. Hello told him that she liked him. They kissed.

CWB is getting MYR to tell him where NWS's mother body is...

LH went to Nanny's room, asking what she wants to discuss about Ari. Nanny told him she is very sad that the Empress is disciplining Ari. She played the pitiful card, even went to LH's side and laid her head on his shoulder. LH told her the thing he most regretted is the night they were together. She was never his woman, in the past, now or in future... ouch.... Then he left. Flashback of Nanny, turned out that she was in the room when LH and GED were having the confrontation. Present time: Nanny drinking and being smug about what she knows.

LH saw ED talking to someone very hurriedly and sent the person away. LH asked who it was.

Sunny doing the live vlog again, she told the viewers that she has proof that she isn't the person who murdered GED. A call came in, supposedly from ED, but it was her junior from the theater, saying some negative stuff... She is in ED's room, under instructions of ED. Sunny looked shaken, especially because of the accusation by the viewers. Sunny was about to end the live vlog, but LH came to the rescue with wine bottle in hand and pretending all lovey-dovey and defended her from the comments. He is trying to win her favor. ED saw the live vlog and got angry. Sunny sent LH's out of her room, he wouldn't leave so she threw him some instant coffee and he reluctantly but happily left. ED intercepted him asking what he is doing. He said they're not divorced yet legally.

CWB in the empty field like we saw in the stills shared earlier. He tried to dig up something. MYR is watching from afar. He found a black bag, all emotional, starting to cry and screamed out Omma.... MYR walked near, as he is talking and apologizing to the bag he thought was his mother's body. He still didn't see MYR. But clearly MYR found out he is NWS.

LH in his bed, couldn't sleep because of anxiety. He drank a little, then he was about to go out on his bike. ED told him not to. So 10 years ago he got into an accident. Flashback. LH is badly injured and being wheeled into emergency room. ED so angry and slapped Byun, the security head for letting LH out. LH's condition not good, he needed a lot of blood which is rare type. But one of the doctors told her about another patient (There is a cut in the streaming so I don't know what happened) Sunny's family in the hospital as well, they're being told that her mother couldn't make it. All of them cried, especially Sunny. It was Sunny's dream and she woke up from it. She was further shocked when LH who was sitting by her bed asked her what happened. He is drinking. Sunny got up but LH pulled her into a desperate hug. Sunny stunned. End of episode. No preview

I don't know, maybe Sunny's mother is sacrificed as in her treatment is compromised in order to save LH??

Did she say something that other than seeing him that suggested she knows he is NSW.

13 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

Did she say something that other than seeing him that suggested she knows he is NSW.

No. She was quiet the whole time, only observing. But she walked nearer, so she definitely heard NWS's cries and wailing.

She isn't too far behind him, so I wouldn't be surprised if next episode we see more from this scene. I do hope CWB is aware of her presence, otherwise it's just :blink: for me if she gets the upper hand again.

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Hide contents

So 10 years ago he got into an accident. Flashback. LH is badly injured and being wheeled into emergency room. ED so angry and slapped Byun, the security head for letting LH out. LH's condition not good, he needed a lot of blood which is rare type. But one of the doctors told her about another patient (There is a cut in the streaming so I don't know what happened) Sunny's family in the hospital as well, they're being told that her mother couldn't make it. All of them cried, especially Sunny. It was Sunny's dream and she woke up from it. She was further shocked when LH who was sitting by her bed asked her what happened. He is drinking. Sunny got up but LH pulled her into a desperate hug. Sunny stunned. End of episode. No preview

Thanks @ktcjdrama! The streaming sucks now. I think we have the same streaming site which we have to refresh every 15 minutes and we basically would miss about 15 seconds of the broadcast. SBS may have discovered the previous site and now it is gone :( And now, we are basically stuck with what SBS can provide us...oh well. Better than none LOL

Spoiler

When Lee hyuk had an accident 10 years ago, he required a rare type of blood. The blood was supposed to be transfused to Sunny's mother but was transfused to Lee Hyuk instead. So, Sunny's mom died because she did not get the blood.

25 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I am pretty disgusted  at a evil person like LH trying to act lovey dovey  with a person he tried  to kill.

It aint cute its creep as heck he is a monster lets not forget.

Yes. He is EVIL and I'm disgusted that the writer is trying to make him "good" after all the evil deeds. I can't see him as a normal human except a tyrant.  A disgusting tyrant who needs to be taken down ASAP and have everything taken away from him!

I can't find any sympathy for him except pure hatred and vengeance for all those who suffered because of him.

And the pain he inflicted on Sunny.. making use of her and the betrayal.

zCwoDb.gif

The payback should be tenfold.

26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:
Spoiler

No. She was quiet the whole time, only observing. But she walked nearer, so she definitely heard NWS's cries and wailing.

She isn't too far behind him, so I wouldn't be surprised if next episode we see more from this scene. I do hope CWB is aware of her presence, otherwise it's just :blink: for me if she gets the upper hand again.

And this writer loves giving her the upper hand...

I am watching episode 13 and laughed soooo hard during the

Spoiler

Laundry in the room fall and catch scene - oy my stomach hurts

Other thoughts as I watched:

- ahhh like we all guessed - they faked grandma’s will. I will love the alliance of Crown Prince + crazy Princess + Sunny vs Queen Mom + Emperor. The goofy instant coffee scenes lol 

- WB stealing from the safe and pin it on Yura and the bloody bed set-up are great moves. Finally!

- ahhhh Yura is ALIVE but oh what is it Re the scenes in the room? Torture?!? Ewww. Hmmm WB and LH together for revenge is scary! I know she was evil but this scene was also hard to watch. It amazing that she still thinks she has a chance with LH right? OMG WS almost running her over with a car but didn’t! I don’t want him to go full evil for the sake of revenge so phew him not doing it. What does he have plan for her though? 

- Oh Queen Mom is hitting on a young lad who turns into a fan of the Crown Prince’s writings reflecting her crime lol 

- Ugh another torture scene Re the court lady but lucky that they rescued her. Was it too soon to reveal their card and that the Queen mom killed grandma. Ohhh surprised that Yura popped up as witness for Sunny!

oh LH did kill his own granny and set up his crazy mom?!? 

51 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Happy to inform you that there is a little progress with their relationship.... but little or much is a relative term, I guess. For me, it was good progress ;)

Hahaha, I have been thinking the same thing... but because this is makjang genre, we have to throw logic out of the window...

I am dead. Her hair should have been gray, broke off, and smelling like pork skins with all that heat!

31 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I am pretty disgusted  at a evil person like LH trying to act lovey dovey  with a person he tried  to kill.

It aint cute its creep as heck he is a monster lets not forget.

Agree..i cant find him cute at all..eventhough it is because of how he was brought up..still crime is crime..so many life were sacrifice. 

The sadness of NWS and Sunny is too depth to be felt. Especially tonite when saw NWS crying looking for his mom body:bawling:..next sunny omma

4 minutes ago, Miss_Unicorn said:

Am late to the game guys! But just wanted to clarify - is Dong Shik the son of Wang Shik? Or is the boy just from a one night stand that MYR had? 

Dong shik is min yura's son..not related with nws

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am sure there will be a romantic line down the road... because if the description of Sunny's character out there is correct, she is supposed to find true love in the end. And actually there have been hints of them developing good feelings and admiration towards each other. I believe there will be more bonding as they interact more, but again, it's not something that I would focus on while watching this. I agree with you that there will usually be subtle romantic lines within even a revenge or war themed dramas. I'm only sharing my pov so that people won't have too high expectation for it from this drama as one can probably be disappointed.

.... maybe this is one of those dramas where the MVs of scenes like him hugging her or them hiding set to some romantic music will have us all feeling the romantic beat more than the actual drama :sweatingbullets:...

but laughed when emperor was sprouting real life logic that has no application in this drama.

emperor: "wait, she likes you already? but you pushed her off the cliff."

rocky bear "ah, she knows you ordered that. now, she is grateful that I saved her."

emperor: "grateful? so fast? she is too simple." ...

when we see it from that angle, it is actually pretty funny that sunny and rocky bear would fall in love. :lol:

1 hour ago, Miss_Unicorn said:

Am late to the game guys! But just wanted to clarify - is Dong Shik the son of Wang Shik? Or is the boy just from a one night stand that MYR had? 

It was not revealed regarding who is DS’s father. Yura just came back pregnant. It is not WS’s baby and that is why his mom took the baby in as a little brother to WS etc.

@mrsj3n I don’t blame the writer. Many real life psychos also had charming traits that enabled them to lure their victims etc. I think it show a complex character for LH. Totally agree though that he is not redeemable and so eww Re anyone still trying to ship him with any lady. 

18 minutes ago, stella77 said:

@mrsj3n I don’t blame the writer. Many real life psychos also had charming traits that enabled them to lure their victims etc. I think it show a complex character for LH. Totally agree though that he is not redeemable and so eww Re anyone still trying to ship him with any lady. 

I not mad at the writer or anything just  saying thats how some peoepl are in real life it so creepy how they can switch like that.

What is gross is I see people elsewhere  still trying to shipped them like you said.

Archived