[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

I know this is really random but there was a scene where the empress was cleaning her room with this orange vacuum that I have been seeing in all the recent dramas LOL! If you guys notice every single drama will have a scene of them cleaning their room with that... But if she's an empress why is she cleaning on her own??? haha

Anyways - Jang Nara is so great in here esp when she's sad or angry, I didn't see much of her old dramas before but really like her in this one. Can't wait to see more as the story progresses.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if this is true, well bad move for SBS and SMLDG since this is a top-rating drama :thumbsdown: :rage:

On October 25, 2018 SBS signed individual contracts with the staff of The Last Empress to ensure better working conditions. However, according to the Hope Alliance Labor Union (HALU), the network and the production company SM Life Design Group (SMLDG) violated the contracts when they continued to extend work schedules without consent from workers and ensuring better working conditions.

The HALU also alleged that "from November 21 to 30, the staff (of The Last Empress) had to undergo ten consecutive days of intense filming schedules that lasted for many hours without a single day of rest".[24][25]

On December 17, 2018, HALU filed a bill of indictment with the Ministry of Employment and Labor (MOEL) against SBS and SMLDG.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1279409wpp/sbs-responds-allegations-extreme-working-conditions-last-empress

I hope it works out for the workers. The production company and the TV station has full responsibility to do better! I won’t mind delays as long as production crew get their rest and rights respected. Prays that it works out for them. If more abuse is  found, I will drop the drama even if I am a fan of both JNR and CJH. 

What a bad news..! I've already dropped the drama once at the very beginning so, there's nothing new for me to drop it again! But I sincerely hope that all are alright!! And how can they make the cast filming for ten consecutive days without a single day of rest..??!! This is so absurd! SBS should take the full responsibility for the entire cast & crew!!! :sweatingbullets: Hope it'll short out soon!

Hi All, 

Just dropping by to say how much this drama has hooked me and we're not even halfway there yet! 
Can't wait for tomorrow's episodes. 

I've been wondering about the songs that JNR sang in the musical during the earlier episode, is it available for download or on iTunes?

If it is, can you PM me the link?

Thanks so much in advance for any answer. _/\_

If you have already dropped it, that means you are not watching it, then how do you drop it again? Hmmm..interesting

Anyway, it is sad to hear about the abuse. I hope they sort it out. Were they supposed to have a press conference about this today on the 18th? I wonder about the outcome. I hope SBS weight the cost and benefits prior to making any decisions that they don't give up the long term benefit over a short one.

After seeing JNR with eyeglasses, someone in dc speculated whether the writer would make Sunny a manga detective ( master detective Conan which is originally from Japanese manga https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_Closed)  as the writer did for NWS with Rocky.  It sounds like some were having fun because of the writer’s wild imagination.  But JNR looks adorably cute in this fanart.  

gWk9A9T.png?1

Spoiler

rQAywEM.png?1JPqREB3.png?1

'There is only one criminal !!'

master detective  Sunny   :love:

l6IVRy7.jpg

cr to DC

Conan background music:

Spoiler

cr to uploader

jhhoQqo.gif

cr to DC

SzDzfC8.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181218191507521

Still watching this drama, but Sunny killed me in the last two episodes.

1) Why did she put on the necklace, go look for the emperor and ask him if he was hiding anything from her? MA'AM, YOU SAW HIM LOCKING LIPS WITH MIN YU RA AND FROLICKING ON THE CRUISE YOURSELF!

2) Why did she run back to the palace after WS almost killed her, with no plan at all? She came back, hollering and yelling and throwing stuff and then when she found out about the secret baby and the nanny, she went right to the empress dowager to tell her everything she knew and how she wanted to reveal what happened to the former empress to the public. Again, WHYYYYYY????

I need the writers to have Sunny playing chess now. It's time to be smart, formulate a plan and move methodically and purposefully. She is being over-emotional and stupid right now. Yes, she has every reason to be furious, after all, her husband is a lying low-life who tried to kill her. But if he tried to kill you once...

I think two people killed the grand empress dowager. The empress dowager poisoned Sunny's bento box. I think Yura hired someone to stab her. Sunny needs to wake up and get over her feelings for the emperor because he is not who she thought he was. Her life is depending on it. Also, WS needs to start documenting things, otherwise his efforts will be in vain too.

Hello!

I thought about dropping this drama due to the intimate affair between the emperor and Yu Ra at first but I'm so glad I watched this drama all the way through because there's a lot of craziness. Oddly I like it so much! Every episodes takes you off your feet and have me talking to or yelling at my TV or computer screen! I'm loving Jang Nara's acting in here! She is SUPERB! :D

On 12/17/2018 at 4:35 PM, at2005 said:

My guess:

Dowager ordered the poison. While it hadnt taken an effect, LH had a verbal fight with Granny. And they got into pushing and pulling each other until Yu ra used the hair pin she grabbed from Granny hair earlier to stab Granny. Then both of them cleaned up the mess and staged the murder of Granny while she was asleep.

Honestly I totally think this happened - but who knows right LOL:lol: But I think the grandma almost hitting Yura with the hair pin was a foreshadowing so you might be right but... the writer's mind... after Woo Bin betraying Sunny - anything can happened. 

But I don't know if LH would be quiet if Yura had killed the grandma herself even him there. So maybe he did it himself? But who knows:lol:

Btw has Mr. Jin hyuk been this cute and hot??????

@booha yes you are right! I think your suspicion of Sunny dressing up as a court lady to do detective work is right. It might be an idea of one of her court ladies to get her into the palace. But still, no one can recognize her? I guess that should be forgiven after the Wang shik transformation :lol:

I just saw the news that Shin Sung rok fractured his toe while filming yesterday and will have surgery today. He will apparently return to shoot after his surgery.

10 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

I need the writers to have Sunny playing chess now. It's time to be smart, formulate a plan and move methodically and purposefully. She is being over-emotional and stupid right now. 

yeppp i know from the first ep that sunny is not very smart .. it will be very hard to transform her into angry wife to ‘a game of throne’ mastermind.. 

tbh everyone in the drama is not very smart lol.. they think they are but they really arent.. 

chinese dramas do a very good revenge plotting imo. if u guys are interested, go check out 

Spoiler

the story of yanxi palace.. it is one of my fav c drama this year

min yura and omamama have nothing on the main villain in that drama.. luckily the lead actress is so smart..  sunny should learn from her lol.. 

SSR had a toe fracture during the filming. After the surgery he is going to return(20)  Hopefully  he will be okay for the rest of the shooting time. 

SSR’s side "Waiting for a toe fracture surgery ... "TLE" No effect on schedule "(official position)

kSUouBf.jpg

Shin Sung-rok is suffering from a toe fracture during the filming of the drama.
On the morning of the 19th, an official of SSR said, "He had a fracture of toe while shooting SBS 'TLE’ yesterday afternoon (18th) and is waiting for the operation at the moment”
An official said, "He will return to the drama shooting tomorrow (20th) after he finishes the operation today."
"We have to watch the progress but it will not affect on the drama’s schedule," he added.

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181219120053628

1 hour ago, nakatsubebe said:

@booha yes you are right! I think your suspicion of Sunny dressing up as a court lady to do detective work is right. It might be an idea of one of her court ladies to get her into the palace. But still, no one can recognize her? I guess that should be forgiven after the Wang shik transformation :lol:

I just saw the news that Shin Sung rok fractured his toe while filming yesterday and will have surgery today. He will apparently return to shoot after his surgery.

yeah I read he is going to return after the surgery but I doubt he has much choice about it. Hopefully it isn't too serious.  :(

If GED died from eating Sunny’s meal, she might have to look around the kitchen to find some clues.   The palace is big so it’s possible she keeps her head low and she can move around undetected?   We know GED’s death is a trigger point for her to change.  It’s possible WB might learn about what she is doing  and try to help her out. Sunny and WB need something to get closer together.  

Is this drama cursed or what? First it was the first male lead that got injured now the second male lead and also the issue with the workers. :cold_sweat:  SBS should really take better care of their people....I hope they can finish the drama without any more injuries.

Btw. that disguise is so ridiculous but since this is dramaland I will just pretend like she really turned into someone different :lol:

2 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

Is this drama cursed or what? First it was the first male lead that got injured now the second male lead and also the issue with the workers. :cold_sweat:  SBS should really take better care of their people....I hope they can finish the drama without any more injuries.

Talking about curse...

Actually even before the drama started, there are controversies already and I see comments about the drama not going to be drama-free behind the scenes. First, the PD is controversial because of his previous drama 'Return'. People are suspecting that he has an attitude because of the sudden change in the main lead Go Hyun jung. They are expecting it will go the same for this drama. And now, some netizens are blaming him for the rough hours and suspected verbal abuse on set. In my opinion, SBS is not alone with the rough hours, for sure, other networks are doing the same. Unless it's a pre-prod drama, they can't avoid rushing and shooting for extended time. It is just more difficult with TLE since their scenes are shot mostly outside of Seoul and traveling far is necessary. Second, some people are against Shin Eun kyung because of her controversy with family matters. But she is really a good actress and I'm liking her portrayal of the empress dowager. Third, these injuries, also hoping for no more injuries.

But, any publicity, be it negative or positive is still publicity. And I guess amongst all the dramas airing right now, TLE might be the only one with juicy headlines. Let's see how these negative things affect the drama's ratings because with Return's case, it really did not affect the ratings and it maintained its high vieweship ratings.

Archived