[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

15 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

totally unrelated but i gotta ask

Hide contents

the emperor was the one who played the bad husband in ‘on the way to the airport’ right? he also was the pyscho guy in ‘you who came from the star’? 

wow he plays the villain all the time.. :sweatingbullets:

Yes and I totally agree. He's good as a villain.  However:

Spoiler

In the drama, Man Who Dies to Live, he plays again a cheating husband, but he turns into a supportive husband.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

totally unrelated but i gotta ask

Hide contents

the emperor was the one who played the bad husband in ‘on the way to the airport’ right? he also was the pyscho guy in ‘you who came from the star’? 

wow he plays the villain all the time.. :sweatingbullets:

Yes, there is another drama also with him as the villain:

Spoiler

The Liar Game. 

And he is one of the reasons I checked out this drama. 

14 hours ago, booha said:

Yeah in the preview (in the beginning; 002)  those low ranking girls are wearing the same clothes as Sunny’s.  I also noticed Sunny doesn’t have braided hair.  We suspected that GED died both from the poison  and hair pin. The meal was from Sunny so she might try to find something about it??   She also wears  eyeglasses in IG.  Sunny could be one of the girls in the preview.  Maybe she is trying  detective work??

Haha I hope the writer is not doing the Temptation of Wife act again. In Temptation of Wife, Jang Seo Hee was not recognized when she came back for her vengeance after having a mole and a haircut LOL

I hope it's not like Sunny is not recognized just because she is in a maid outfit and wearing eyeglasses LOL

6 hours ago, booha said:

Special appearance by Cho Dong Hyuk who will play a detective to investigate GED’s murder.

ooh, havent' seen him in a drama in ages. should be fun to see how the investigation happens and whether it will be biased...

@nakatsubebe ~ LOL.. will really laugh if sunny comes back in such a disguise.. it will be as good as rocky bear's transformation. hahahah... :lol:

P.S ~ who is good in gifs? feel like this drama is meant for funny gifs! would love to see the gif of rocky bear's transformation! as well as the swimming contest, the sword fights... :D

27 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@nakatsubebe ~ LOL.. will really laugh if sunny comes back in such a disguise.. it will be as good as rocky bear's transformation. hahahah... :lol:

True. It will be beyond hilarious...another WTF moment

Anyway, for anyone interested or feel her eyeglasses are hideous...here's some info. It's expensive :lol:. Not sure if these are her personal glasses or just a prop

2 minutes ago, nakatsubebe said:

Anyway, for anyone interested or feel her eyeglasses are hideous...here's some info. It's expensive :lol:. Not sure if these are her personal glasses or just a prop

kekeke... they may be expensive (and not very pretty) but they are also so wrong for her face!

feel like I need to do a public service announcement. yoyo153.gif?w=150&h=150hahahhah... so this was something a shop keeper told me when I was a kid trying my glasses. when you try on glasses, smile. if the glasses get lifted up by your cheek muscles, then it is too big/wrong for you. your cheek muscles should be comfortably underneath even when you are smiling.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... they may be expensive (and not very pretty) but they are also so wrong for her face!

Yes! Those glasses aren't match for her! She looks kind of old with them! :tears: Oh God, imagine her with servant wear & big glasses!!!!

After reading the comments, I have to ask myself this:

-Aren't we expecting a bit too much from the characters when 

1. It is just 8 episodes in ;)

2. We have the overview of the story line, see things from multiple perspectives and see many angles that the characters don't get to see?

We keep saying it is not logical or this character/that character has no common sense but have we thought of:

- Do people always do things that make sense? (remember, common sense is not that common) :D

- Are people always logical?

- Are all people logical people?

I mean you can learn about thinking logically but being able to think logically is not the same. The way we think depends on a lot of factors such as, how were we brought up, education, experience, knowledge, information we have, environment, situations, personalities, time constraint etc

I mean, if we were thrown into one of their places, could we guarantee the outcome would be better? Easy said than done right..:D 

I don't have time to read the posts; therefore, I might be stating something that was stated before, if so please forgive me.  

I jumped up and clapped when Sunny threw the food, ice and water on the emperor and pulled the hussy (YR) by the hair. 

You go Sunny!!!:D  Wow, what is scene.  LOVED IT!!!

I knew that the grand dowager (grandmother) would die when she told the emperor and emperor's mother what she was going to do.  Why is it that people in k-dramas cannot do anything without telling what they are going to do?  WB's mother is dead, why? because she had to tell what she was going to do.  When YR said don't tell anyone, she should have said, okay, your secret is safe with me.  The grandmother should have called the council... make up some story to tell her daughter-in-law and then do what she needed to do.   

When are they going to get it... telling what you are going to do before you do it will get you killed.  If you don't die, it wasn't because of the lack of trying, ask the Empress Suni.  However, it did not stop her, maybe the death of the queen mother will shut her up and keep her thoughts and plans to herself.  If I was WB, I would not trust her either.  He is still alive because he has kept his mouth closed.

They are going to kill you regardless if they are meant to shut you up forever once and for all. You will die because you know about their secret. Who is better to keep a secret than a dead person? I say the answer is depend.

I dont see all cases as "I am telling you this for you to kill me." Some times they are meant to stop you from doing wrong further.  Not everyone takes your advice so I guess you will have to see who are are dealing with. If you were WS's mother, would you expect someone you cared for like a daughter to smash your head repeatedly with a rock until you die?

As for the GED, I say perhaps in her case she should quietly investigate because she suspected them both of killing the former empress. So in her case, there is a trend so the chance of them killing someone again is there.

Again, that is only to emphasize what I have previously said, common sense is not always common.

If everyone had common sense, the world would be perfect and less/no crimes.

Spoiler

I was not surprised that grandma got killed because she became a threat to crown .in the palace , fathers kills sons,mother’s kills sons, even loyal ministers get framed with treason so justice seekers like GED and empress sunny will really have a hard.im just praying that sunny doesn’t get pregnant for the moment because the baby will definitely perish .

55 minutes ago, Josephine Safowaa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I was not surprised that grandma got killed because she became a threat to crown .in the palace , fathers kills sons,mother’s kills sons, even loyal ministers get framed with treason so justice seekers like GED and empress sunny will really have a hard.im just praying that sunny doesn’t get pregnant for the moment because the baby will definitely perish .

I actually prefer for Sunny to get pregnant right now.

1. I want to see how far the emperor would go, whether he would harm his own child or would have a slight change of heart. 

2. It would add more conflicts to the story and struggles to Sunny's emotion :D. See if she would do anything to bring her kid's father down, or would she give him another chance..

I will place my bet first on who killed Grandmama. Since the murderer is going to be revealed tmrw, I'm guessing it is the Dowager.

It couldn't be YR because then there will be limited (future) story of her. It couldn't be LH, because as maniac as he is, I doubt he is capable of actually killing his own grandmother, or anybody else. He will get other people to do it. He is impulsive, so if it is impulsive killing, I might believe it is him. But the murder looked planned. 

At this point of the story, only the Dowager can get away with murder. 

My guess:

Dowager ordered the poison. While it hadnt taken an effect, LH had a verbal fight with Granny. And they got into pushing and pulling each other until Yu ra used the hair pin she grabbed from Granny hair earlier to stab Granny. Then both of them cleaned up the mess and staged the murder of Granny while she was asleep.

15 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

Haha I hope the writer is not doing the Temptation of Wife act again. In Temptation of Wife, Jang Seo Hee was not recognized when she came back for her vengeance after having a mole and a haircut LOL

I hope it's not like Sunny is not recognized just because she is in a maid outfit and wearing eyeglasses LOL

Well if  the culprit will be revealed in next week, I want to see Sunny discover it.  Sunny is a heroine who is supposed to topple the empire.  She can’t just topple the empire by screaming or kicking.  She needs a sword.  Not anyone can swing a sword. Sunny is a commoner but has shown that she has the temper with backbone.  Now she has to show leadership or something like that.
WB came to the palace for personal revenge  but after seeing the corruption, (probably with help from teacher Byeon) he began to see the big picture, toppling a corrupt empire/or imperial family for the sake of public interest.   
I think Sunny is still adapting to being an empress.   The drama’s other title is Empress’s Dignity.  In general terms, dignity is decent/ honorable. But it also can be about how  one conducts  one’s self.  Empress is like the nation’s mother. She has an obligation to look after the interest of the public, if she is a real empress.   Sunny, a commoner, needs to grow into an empress.  

*품격( 品格 ( 品位 /人格 ) /dignity)

11 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

jang nara could be wearing an oily rag and she’ll still look beautiful.. me on the other hand, will look like a crazy minion in those glasses.. life is so unfairrrr :bawling::joy:

I understand your sentiment so perfectly  chingu   :bawling:    Let’s pray very hard that we will be given a chance to save a nation in this world so that in the next world there will be a reward hopefully like an eternal beauty for us (or I or you?? hehe)    I wonder how hard it is to save a nation???  hahha  Okay daydreaming is free  :lol:

4xgJOl9.jpg

Spoiler

haZRvkg.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181214093814838

zkGIYZG.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181214123124754

Ev4i4mY.jpg

Spoiler

TRHRwHs.jpg

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20181214134010829

30 minutes ago, booha said:

understand your sentiment so perfectly  chingu   :bawling:    Let’s pray very hard that we will be given a chance to save a nation in this world so that in the next world there will be a reward hopefully like an eternal beauty for us (or I or you?? hehe)    I wonder how hard it is to save a nation???  hahha  Okay daydreaming is free

Spoiler

i remember watching goblin and there was this woman asking the grim reaper to reincarnate her into a beautiful actress in the next life and he gave her a ticket lmao.. apparently there were millions of others who asked the same thing and there is a waiting list hahahhaa

so to be able to reincarnate into eternal beauty/beautiful actresses in the next life, maybe we have to fight thanos and save the universe.. saving a nation is not enough lololol :joy:

2 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

Reveal hidden contents

i remember watching goblin and there was this woman asking the grim reaper to reincarnate her into a beautiful actress in the next life and he gave her a ticket lmao.. apparently there were millions of others who asked the same thing and there is a waiting list hahahhaa

so to be able to reincarnate into eternal beauty/beautiful actresses in the next life, maybe we have to fight thanos and save the universe.. saving a nation is not enough lololol :joy:

Opps  Thank god there is kdrama.  I don’t have to do anything. Just lie on the couch with a big bucket full of popcorn and ice cream and chips and dried fish snacks etc etc   hehe  Life is good here and now with kdrama  

StrQfex.gif

**movie time
 Wish these gifs would show more of princess’s part too. Her expressions are so good.
PD5Xnaz.gif

Spoiler

Oin92zr.gif

i3zB3Rp.gif

MpoSn4h.gif

NGhr9d1.gif

Spoiler

72sOTKT.gif

wox4gQG.gif

Q1QCH4b.gif

H0GHlCi.gif

Spoiler