[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When  CWB was being chased by Lee Hyuk's men with Ma's body in the car, his face was definitely exposed. So how come they didn't seem to know he was driving the Ma guy's car? Also, I think the man who saved Na Wang Sik could have trained Lee Hyuk in martial arts as Lee Hyuk said CWB's fighting style is familiar.

kekeke.... I can't believe we actually won @celebrianna the poll. hahahhaha... thought some of the other options were sure to win. yay! :D

44781518_474893523020370_371370032811547

thanks for playing along everyone! ^_^

the poll:

let's have a poll "who will find out first about rocky bear's secret identity?"

option 1: so, we love rocky bear but let's face it, he is not exactly bright is he? so he will reveal himself to yura because he believes she loves him. idiot! hahahaha....  --  @Lmangla   @zba72   @chubby^green^   @celebrianna @ktcjdrama

option 2: yura may have ignored rocky bear but because he followed her like a stalker in the old days, she will find him familiar and start to guess rocky bear used to be chubby bear.  -- @O  @stella77

option 3: sunny may be ditzy because of her fan girling but when she's not fan girling, she does have some brain cells. so she will find out the owner of the chain and locket is rocky bear and he used to be chubby bear...  --  @tianaa  @Carmarie  @guinearoyal @philosophie @sonequeen01 @booha   @zba72 , gm4queen, @alekaonu

option 4: grandmother and jedi master have some connection and so grandmother will find out about rocky bear... @triplem

option 5: emperor villian, shall we call him penguin, will find out rocky bear is still alive and start to suspect when he wonders why rocky bear has something against yellow pick up trucks...

option 6: rocky bear is like us and finds it hard to keep diet. poor fella. so yura recognizes him as he becomes chubby bear. so sad. -- @ChewyChocolate   @Matilda_Anne

option 7: moustache man sniffs around the palace and wonders why rocky bear is so fit. and then he finds out rocky bear climbed the mountain to become fit.... @celebrianna   @Lmangla

@Lmangla

I am glad I was wrong and it was unexpected. The writing is good! They are asking us to suspend belief and reality but don’t assume that we viewers are stupid! I love at how fast the plot is going forward - straight into all kinds of fun.

You should continue the poll after the episodes each week! Like this week: we can ask who throws Yura in jail! 

For me this story really doesn’t have a boring moment. I just breezed through the two episodes just like that. Poor WS found out the essentials of who was responsible for his mother’s death and the hurt and rage he feels for that YR seems to be eating him up inside but I’m glad he decided to bide his time in dealing with her.

Is Sunny giving her lovely husband a second chance next week? Her voiceover in the preview makes it seem that way. I guess for her it makes sense to give him another chance since she’s stuck with him. Poor thing. He treats her like a real nuisance. After she’s tried her best I hope she wise up and fend for herself. She’s surrounded by dangerous ladies so she needs to learn how to survive in the palace.

Interesting backstory all around for YR, LH, LH’s little princess, his first wife, his sister, the princess’ maid, etc. So many things were revealed this week. Not bad at all.

okay have watched the full episode and I take it back -- rocky bear does have brains!! :lol: hahahhaha... so thought that he wouldn't pil joo and say "but I know yura! you are lying!"... nope! instead rocky bear uses what he knows about yura to confuse her into believing he is dead. so in addition to his nine lives, he also does have some brain cells. woo hoo! and was anyone surprised that pil joo actually died? it looks like we are going to actually have bad people getting killed instead of the usual route of ending up in jail or getting redeemed. so for all those who hate those kind of endings, a little dance? ^_^

@at2005 @ktcjdrama @Matilda_Anne ~ wonder if the writer will surprise by adding one more concubine to the list.... 

so we have several mysteries which all happened 7 years ago -- the empress dies, some bodyguard disappeared, nanny got pregnant (how?) and gave birth to this girl who has been passed off as the sister's daughter.... so maybe the corpse is tied in further to that mystery and can be someone else as well...

in addition to the nanny, another surprise was the sister. so rather than a comedy character, she too seems just as dark. a secret raging alcoholic. and what is with that child who is not allowed to be a child by this nanny? instead of playing, she is reading the newspaper and desperately trying to impress the emperor and basically sweet talk everyone around her. poor kiddo! too early to be playing games no?

but no wonder choi jin hyuk took this role. in addition to the great acting, he gets to show off his swim, punches, sword fights, combat, driving skills on motorbike as well as the car and also some of saturi! waaah, what a role! :D kekekek.... but I didn't like that he wore shots on top of his swimming tights. why? whereas the emperor's tights were actually really pretty (not that it adds to the story! hahahahah....)  we viewers are so lucky to get double fan service no? and the bike rides and car chases were fun to watch.

@stella77 ~ another poll? kekekke.. this drama sure does raise a lot of questions no?

here's another poll: "who put yura in jail?"

option A: penguin's mother --- she doesn't need an excuse; she will cook up something if there wasn't one...

option B: the sister bird -- she is mad she lost her CEO position and is cawing like a crow

option C: grandmother -- she is sad her hairpin didn't kill her and decides to cool her in a cell

option D: sunny! -- the fangs have arrived.

@stella77 and @ktcjdrama  I could not agree with your more, I have not seen any provocative sexual scenes that would make anyone blush, or turn away in disgust.   What I have seen are bed or bathtub scenes tastefully executed.  It is left up to the imagination as to the what actually happened.  Therefore, I conclude that those who are protesting about the sex in this drama have "dirty minds":D  Oops, I know your secret.:)   No worries though, having an imagination is a part of being human.

I love that this is a fast moving drama. What keeps me hooked is all of the twists, and turns, such as finding out the the nanny is the little princess daughter and not the spoiled, unhinged princess, which makes the child her niece (thank God).  Now I understand why the little princess visited the king so often, it is his daughter. I am curious as to what nanny's position was before she give birth to the king's daughter, was she his personnel assistant also?

The person in the grave had on a necklace and earrings that looked like the heirloom set the king gave to Suni.  Therefore, who is the person in the grave?  Was she someone the king impregnated also?

It is obvious that the king loved his first wife, what happened that she took her own life it that is what truly happened.  We know that his daughter is 7, and the wife has been dead for 7 years, is there a correlation between the two events?

Is the king's brother an author and why is he estranged from the palace?

This is why I am watching the drama.  I have loved watching Choi, Jin Hyuk since the Gu Family Book; however, he is not why I decided to watch this show.  I love Jang Nara's acting, but she is not the reason I am watching this drama.  I was looking for something to watch while the drama I was watching was translated into English and after watching episode one, I was hooked.  After episode one, I had many questions that I wanted the answers to.  How to get those answers...watch the drama.  So far, this drama has not disappointed me.

I am looking forward to the next episode.

1 hour ago, Carmarie said:

Is the king's brother an author and why is he estranged from the palace?

I think he chose to stay away from the palace and determined not to be found, thus using a pseudonym and not wanting to hold any interviews/signing of books where he has to show his face. We don't know his exact reason, but he did comment (when seeing the news of the wedding) about how many more tragedies does Peiha wants to create... I believe all the things that happened 7 years ago are closely linked to LH, but he is oblivious to them all.

The little princess lineage turned out to be quite obvious from the character chart on our thread's first page. Look at the lines. It's just that we don't have the English version. I wish there's someone who can translate it for us as I'm interested to read all the tags there.

@Lmangla Okay, I'll go with option A, because it's a never ending cat-fight between these two... Although it'll be quite fun if it turns out to be D, because I do want Sunny to grow her fangs already, and roar :lol:

31 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

The little princess lineage turned out to be quite obvious from the character chart on our thread's first page. Look at the lines. It's just that we don't have the English version. I wish there's someone who can translate it for us as I'm interested to read all the tags there.

Just for you :D J/K ..funny how I saved this when I saw it on Instagram the other day

45778731_1949757475131143_28167606045374

4 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

Oh Sunny's tears are so powerful to cut her bracelet off her arm. Can she just cry over her husband and his mistress? Maybe her tears can cut both of them too :lol:

Nah, I don't think it was the tear like many claimed. If you look closely to her wrist/hand, you could see how it was tightened up when she saw them kissing. I think that what caused the bracelet to break.

4 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i saw in the nxt ep preview that yura is locked in dungeon-lookalike prison.. maybe sunny ordered it?

Well I hope Sunny gets smarter and has a pretty good excuse to put Yu Ra in there. Otherwise, her husband is going to give her a hell of a time (it is not like he hasn't anyway).

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Is Sunny giving her lovely husband a second chance next week? Her voiceover in the preview makes it seem that way. I guess for her it makes sense to give him another chance since she’s stuck with him. Poor thing. He treats her like a real nuisance. After she’s tried her best I hope she wise up and fend for herself. She’s surrounded by dangerous ladies so she needs to learn how to survive in the palace.

I sure hope not. I am not going to give any man a second chance to hurt me one more time. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me ..

i am hoping that the first step of sunny's revenge is to take over her duty as the empress

finished watching ep 6 and i found yura is becoming much more annoying now

assuming the role of the emperor's closest confidante is just telling sunny that she is not needed at all

her job was merely to hold to the tile of the empress and to stay at home being a dutiful obedient wife, just an accessory

freaking annoying

i wish that next week, if lee hyuk has another meet up or meeting, sunny would show and take her place next to him and watch as yura boiled up inside

she needs to regain her role as the empress, doesnt matter if her own husband dont like her

she is the empress now

not that freaking conniving min yura

:angry:

anyway the moustache guy is dead

aish i was hoping he would stay longer and play a bigger role

aside from min yura it seems that he is another one who actually has a brain

seeing how woo bin is the one showing sunny about the emperor and his mistress

for sure we now know that he would be there for her hopefully

but i am wondering when will she finds out about the truth woo bin

a man who dont give a damn about his daughter met a gal who didnt give a damn about her son

what a perfect pair these two

sighs

14 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

And for anyone who have seen Go Back Couple, Jang Ki Young sent a coffee truck to Jang Nara on the set of The Last Empress. I just find it sweet of him :wub:

too cute

i find him too adorable in go back couple and kinda not ship them two in the story but was hoping that they could do a drama together as a couple

hahaha

Hello everyone:) imclude me too in your fun chats and detective stories haha. I was reading everything here from past few days but chose to be a silent member. Watched episodes 11-12 and i was really hit back with that nanny being a one night stand of emperor *sigh*. I literally feel bad for the little girl- she is so bright. And I'm guessing too that corpse maybe of 

Spoiler

Yura? Maybe yura and emperor finally joined hands against sunny and wanted to kill her (which is yet to shown) and NWS and sunny will turn the tables?

Also; according to wikipedia;

Spoiler

The grandmother mother will die soon??

Hope to have a comical ride here as i can see some members are very humorous here haha.

@Lmangla I’ll go with option 4. I hold on to what Jang Nara said that her bright character ends in episode 6 which is the last episode. Oh Sunny will start to grow her fangs and lock up yura. But actually I want her to work like Woobin. Perhaps she needs to pretend that she didn’t know that both yura and lee hyuk are cheating on her but she’s actually planning something for her revenge. Min yura is not an easy opponent, she’s manipulative and smart so our heroine should play her cards well for her not to end in a graveyard. I think she will have to stick her ground firmly in the palace.

maybe another poll in the future. How will grandma die and who will possibly kill her?

5 hours ago, violette00 said:

Hello everyone:) imclude me too in your fun chats and detective stories haha. I was reading everything here from past few days but chose to be a silent member. Watched episodes 11-12 and i was really hit back with that nanny being a one night stand of emperor *sigh*. I literally feel bad for the little girl- she is so bright. And I'm guessing too that corpse maybe of 

Reveal hidden contents

Yura? Maybe yura and emperor finally joined hands against sunny and wanted to kill her (which is yet to shown) and NWS and sunny will turn the tables?

Also; according to wikipedia;

Reveal hidden contents

The grandmother mother will die soon??

Hope to have a comical ride here as i can see some members are very humorous here haha.

Welcome Violette00. Feel free to jump in and share your comments. I too feel bad for the little girl. As a very young age, she has to tread carefully, trying to kiss up to everyone important, from her mother, to the emperor then the new empress. What have they done to her..

@Lmangla I say Option D: Sunny will put her in there to test the emperor. I watched all 6 episodes again and at the end of the very last one, I think Sunny told herself to trust her husband one more time. So I think it will be her putting Yu Ra there to test LH to see if he deserves her love/trust/etc ever again.

Question: In ep 1, when the emperor talked to his mother after the first incident, he said something about either Jung Soon made him do something or Jung Soon did something to the emperor...The Engsub and the Vietsub gave different translation...not sure which is the correct statement...Something horrible must have happened for the emperor to claim JS a horrible lunatic. And the empress dowager, please don't tell me she was having an affair with Jung Soon. Why would she summon a male to the palace/probably her chamber every night.

I just started watching this and completed the first 2 episodes. Has anyone yet raised why the Emperor had a sudden change of heart towards Min Yura, from wanting her dead to now wanting to marry her? All because she wanted to take the fall for him on the accident? Doesn't seem to make sense to me. If I were the Emperor, wouldn't that just be the perfect end to all his troubles if she had actually died?

@Lmangla  He wore shorts over his swimming tights because the tights split at a certain spot - he was hungry and ate a frozen turkey in the palace kitchen meant for xmas - and he left his sewing needle in his room, so he had to don the shorts, which he had sewed himself to save money.

Sunny put Yura in the cell. She's smart and has decided to fight for the emperor...they seem to be having a good time in the preview.

I'm happy the assassin died. 

Is the younger brother the son of the mother, or by another woman?

The nanny is creepy. She's in love with the emperor.

Do you think that Wang Shik will go after the emperor next? Then good luck to him. He's bound to fail. 

Yay, more people are coming to join the discussion... welcome @violette00 @gilaswan

@at2005 thanks for the english chart!!

The emperor may or may not know that little princess is his daughter. We don't know that for sure yet. I am thinking he doesn't know he even slept with the nanny. I think he would have got rid of her if so. 

LH fell for YR maybe because he thought she is the only person on his side, someone who can be his ally against mommy dearest....

@gilaswan yeap, it makes more sense and cleaner to kill Yu Ra. I think he kept kept her alive to use her against his mother. I am debating on LH/the emperor's character. Sometimes he shows himself as a weak man, immature and afraid to take responsibility for his action/crime. His mother says he easily trusts ppl and has a soft heart But then other times, he seems to be a cunning, wicked psycho who us not right in the head and always manipulates ppl around him.

@ChewyChocolate i think WS is out to destroy both the emperor and Yu Ra. What is the best way to destroy someone? Destroy what they really want the most. The worst thing is not death, but to lose everything you work hard for right before your eye when it is within your reach.

Archived