[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

I noticed in the previous episode, during the car chase scene and the fight between MPJ & CWB, felt like I was watching an action movie. The background music is hella intense.

It's surprising that although this drama has 24 episodes, the storyline are moving quite fast. Revelations are made quite early  and I think that's why people are drawn to it.

CJH & JNR has amazing chemistry. Please writers, make full use of this!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, ChewyChocolate said:

I think that Yura was responsible for the first wife's death. She probably manipulated the emperor into thinking that the wife had an affair with the bodyguard, the one who disappeared in episode 1, when the brother tried to kill the emperor.  Maybe she had the nanny sleep with the emperor after he fell into a drunken stupor after finding out that the wife was having an affair, fake of course. Maybe she killed the wife and made it appear like the emperor killed her.

Wife died 7 years ago. YR only came to work in the palace 5 years ago. So my guess is not her, but Empress Dowager's doing. The same goes for nanny sleeping with LH, I think it's also Empress Dowager's plan. Maybe LH fell into depression after wife's death, and ED had the nanny pretend to be the wife in his drunken stupor... Something like that...

3 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Wow! It looks like all the others are here for Choi Jin Hyuk, except me! I am not interested in Choi Jin Hyuk! I am only here for Jang Na Ra! :wub: But not happy with her taste this time, yet I have to digest it!!!

WOW!!! her facial expressions are DAEBAK!!! :wub::heart::love:

47574981_2105947949716740_34517745232657

Me too!!i'm here coz of Jang Nara..like her since her debut :wub: & yes her expression never failed me..i'm tearing watching this scene :tears:

3 hours ago, at2005 said:

Hmmm wow...a lot of u guys came here for CJH ...i would never come here for a guy whose boobs are bigger than mine ;)

Hahahaha..... It seems that all are here (except me) b'cause of Choi Jin Hyuk!! Yeah, it's good that at least he can get some attention here! And if he wasn't got casted, then no one will watch this!! :sweat_smile:

Spoiler

Everyone here says that "I am here for Choi Jin Hyuk!!" :D So it clearly indicates that the series is itself a trash without him & all are forcing themselves to watch this!!! :sweatingbullets: Why did Jang Na Ra pick this up..??!! I am so sad for her! :wub:

41 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Hahahaha..... It seems that all are here (except me) b'cause of Choi Jin Hyuk!! Yeah, it's good that at least he can get some attention here! And if he wasn't got casted, then no one will watch this!! :sweat_smile:

Reveal hidden contents

Everyone here says that "I am here for Choi Jin Hyuk!!" :D So it clearly indicates that the series is itself a trash without him & all are forcing themselves to watch this!!! :sweatingbullets: Why did Jang Na Ra pick this up..??!! I am so sad for her! :wub:

I was interested in this drama because of Jang Nara in the first place. I’m her fan (isn’t it obvious, she’s on my thumbnail) :lol: And I like this drama and I’m glad she did it. I won’t rely on pure k-netz comments because a lot of the viewers are probably ahjummas who don’t care about the cast but plainly enjoy the makjang-ness of this drama.

19 hours ago, nakatsubebe said:

Grandma is still alive. Don't worry :D but I don't know how and when she's gonna die. 

They always make the last scene epic and it is epic tonight. I love that scene.

Hide contents

Oh Sunny now have seen with her own eyes the infidelity of min yura and lee hyuk. She is deeply hurt and Woo bin is with her who is also hurting seeing yura and lee hyuk kiss. Woo bin knows how much it hurts for Sunny and he covers her eyes to stop her from seeing them kiss and possibly stop her hurt.

The next episode looks like it's building up more. 

But at least, there is one evil person out and it's Ma Pil Joo. 

And they tried to kill "Na Wang Shik" who they don't know has seven lives. :lol:

Sooo happy that the palace gangster had been killed. Yeay!

kekekek... am so loving that still @tianaa ! wish I could put it as my DP but it says image is not accepted. :(

thanks @ktcjdrama; here, another post of mine @at2005 which gives you little more why I enjoy makjang.

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Anyway, for those who are enjoying this show, what are you guys so addicted to..?! I am speechless! :crazy:

kekekek... the crazyness of makjang is that it works because the emotions are real even if the scenarios are over the top. so what do I mean by that? well, if you have ever been back stabbed and felt the need for justice, you can feel wang shik's pain that he lost his mom in such a cruel way. have you ever made a fool of yourself over a crush where the person didn't know you exist or even care? then you can feel sunny's humiliation and pain... makjang doesn't mince from real life that good people get taken for a ride and one needs to be shrewd. a fun aspect of makjang is that you have no idea what twist will pop up that is going to make you laugh.

if you are a first time viewer to makjang, it can be very confusing and feel all over the place. however, makjang viewers generally have seen it all attitude and have experienced life. so if you watch makjang with your mom like @Matilda_Anne, you will get lots of hilarious comments as well as random real life anecdotes of how someone got cheated, how this happened in this family etc. makjang is basically about having a laugh without it being too serious but at the same time, having some real emotions that ground the story. it is great to not think and just watch a drama sometimes. a good comparison is one that naver commentator made -- it is lot like instant noodles. no one is looking for gourmet or healthy food when you are craving instant noodles.

and I get if you are not enjoying the drama as there are lots of dramas that people love that I don't even bother to see or drop as I am bored. we all have different tastes. however, will say this - it takes skill to shine in makjang, to make the outlandish believable and all the actors here are certainly doing that. :)

Hahahaha @Lmangla - You may be right about makjang!! But the problem is that I am not taking this too seriously as you guys do, b'cause this is only a fiction in the writer's mind!!! Now that the majority of the viewers are enjoying this ride, don't mind my opinion!!! :wub:

SO ENJOY, GUYS!!! AND HAVE A NICE DAY/WEEKEND!!!

@Lmangla

true! i grew up watching a lot of telenovelas and soap operas with my mom.. i really disliked them but i like watching tv with my mom coz she will make funny comments and we would laugh together.. it was really a good memory now that im all grown up.. even now she will wait for me to come home every weekend so she can watch dramas with me (she even made me promise not to watch the new ep of the last empress without her hahaha sorry mom i lie to you).. 

@gm4queen it’s alright not to like this drama.. it really is not for everyone.. as for jang nara, i cant say why she choose to do this project.. maybe she wants to challenge herself. afterall, we still dont know what her character will turn into after this.. :rolleyes:

:D Because I have nothing better to do, I went to watch the first episode when the body was found. I discovered that the English subs only translate the things that the reporters said, but not the words on the news screen. So here they are, translated from the Chinese subs:

- After receiving an anonymous tip, a pregnant dry corpse in Imperial Palace was discovered

- DNA test conducted to find the identity revealed that it is a female in her 20s-30s

- DNA test is being conducted to find the identity of dry corpse in Ehwa Garden

- The dry corpse and item found are believed to be related to the Imperial family

- Dry corpse discovered in Ehwa Garden is speculated to be pregnant with twins at time of death.

- The Prosecutor Office is going to break the principle/rule of no searching of Imperial Palace to conduct investigation

And I checked the stages of decomposition, a dead body dries up between 50-365 days, depending on how much the body of the species is covered with hair.

Choi Jin Hyuk is on his way for a fanmeeting in Osaka. But here is an excerpt with English subs of his interview with SBS catch

And for anyone who have seen Go Back Couple, Jang Ki Young sent a coffee truck to Jang Nara on the set of The Last Empress. I just find it sweet of him :wub:

CHOI JIN HYUUUUUKKK is soooo perfect!!! He really stands out in this drama. His expressions actually move people to feel the same anger and sadness he is feeling. Just daebak! The reason I am more excited for him than say Jang Na Ra is because Nara is ALWAYS perfect- she always slays with her performance and chemistry with the male lead but I feel for Choi Jin Hyuk more than I have felt for his characters in his other dramas. And I feel this improvement itself deserves a huge round of applause!!

Seriously can't wait for next week when our Nara finally shows her stronger side and teams up with our bodygaurd to take down the royals plus Yura...

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:D Because I have nothing better to do, I went to watch the first episode when the body was found. I discovered that the English subs only translate the things that the reporters said, but not the words on the news screen. So here they are, translated from the Chinese subs:

And I checked the stages of decomposition, a dead body dries up between 50-365 days, depending on how much the body of the species is covered with hair.

You are one true detective :-) 

With the crazy mind of mine, I say we make it the first wife. She didnt really die, someone faked her death, locked her up somewhere down in a dungeon. Her pregnancy could be a result of an unwillingness act. Hmmm...

CJH and JNR have known each other that long and that close and still havent hooked up?

33 minutes ago, at2005 said:

You are one true detective :-) 

With the crazy mind of mine, I say we make it the first wife. She didnt really die, someone faked her death, locked her up somewhere down in a dungeon. Her pregnancy could be a result of an unwillingness act. Hmmm...

CJH and JNR have known each other that long and that close and still havent hooked up?

oohh...good thought..but the first wife, I believe was cremated and her ashes are supposed to be in an urn that lee hyuk almost threw in anger then Woobin prevented him from doing so by being his punching bag. Unless the empress dowager placed someone else on that urn??? But it seems, something happened with a motorcycle or car accident before which is why the emperor is prohibited to ride a motorcycle. Is this connected with his first wife's death? Did she die because of him? That even though he loves her so much, he can't forgive himself to be the cause of her death?

CJH and JNR are quite close because of Park Kyung Lim. And her mom recognized him on TV as the kid who played Go stop at their house :lol: Their relationship is like noona-dongsaeng all the time. But who knows..Nara said she never fell in love in real life with any of her co-stars.

Oh Sunny's tears are so powerful to cut her bracelet off her arm. Can she just cry over her husband and his mistress? Maybe her tears can cut both of them too :lol:

after watching the latest ep, i finally understood why it was necessary for emperor and sunny to sleep together.. after that night, sunny was under the impression that her husband is maybe in love with her. but then he hurt her by throwing and smashing things to her face. then, came the ultimate betrayal when she saw him kissing yura.. all these build up plots are actually preparing sunny to get her revenge.. 

i saw in the nxt ep preview that yura is locked in dungeon-lookalike prison.. maybe sunny ordered it?

cant wait for sunny to get even with the emperor and yura!  as the saying goes, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! 

Archived