[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i feel so bad for sunny when she was hanging for dear life from the crane.. i feel bad coz i cant stop laughing.. literally nobody did anything to save her.. and the emperor and his family left to protect themselves... luckily for her, the hot hunk bodyguard came forward.. why on earth you put the future empress on a freaking crane on her wedding day??it’s mind boggling.. didnt anybody think of safety? i guess not.. 

kekekek.... we usually get fan service from male lead with shower angst scene but here we got fan service when villain emperor instead who arises from tub for his massage and we get to see his abs. hey, but we are not complaining!!! hahahaha.... @triplem ~ did you like? ^_^ ... hopefully we will see the hard work of rocky bear too?

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

kekekek.... we usually get fan service from male lead with shower angst scene but here we got fan service when villain emperor instead who arises from tub for his massage and we get to see his abs. hey, but we are not complaining!!! hahahaha.... @triplem ~ did you like? ^_^ ... hopefully we will see the hard work of rocky bear too?

Lol! It was alright. SSR did work hard . I always appreciate fan service  :P

@Matilda_Anne Get where you’re coming from . All those trashy scenes may be hard to stomach but I think it’s to paint a picture of the sort of relationship the emperor has with Yu Ra . It’s one based on lust , deception & manipulation.

I am waiting for rocky bear transformation . . Watching the subbed episodes now.  Be back with more thoughts 

1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

can anyone teach me how to post pic on soompi thread? helpp ~-_-

You need to host the pic on a third party site - I recommend imgur . Then use the imgur link and paste here . Not possible to post pics directly from phone or pc

kekeke... @triplem ~ can I request abs pics for our emperor villain then? it seems such a waste if we don't appreciate his hard work just because he is the villain. hahahahaha!!!!! feel like emperor villain needs a nickname. hmmm.....

EDIT: P.S ~ chingus, need your help: need kpop/kdrama suggestions for december birthday post on themes of individuality, blue, sea, calm, winter...

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

-- @ktcjdrama like you said there are at least 2 murders (the royal guard from seven years ago, and then his brother at the police station) that links directly to queen mother. so is the first wife also related to her? and why does she think that sunny is the perfect prey? what exactly is her great master plan?

-- and who is airport boy? some relative of first wife? does anyone wonder if the body they found in beginning of ep 1 is perhaps first wife instead?

The Boy is Lee Hyuk's younger brother and the next line will inherit the throne who have runaway from royal family to America (maybe he fell will be killed for throne war). He will become the employee in Sunny's family restaurant and have love line with Hello (Sunny's sister).

Queen mother choose Sunny become the Queen I think because she is innocent and clueless who is easily control. (but we will see...)

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... @triplem ~ can I request abs pics for our emperor villain then? it seems such a waste if we don't appreciate his hard work just because he is the villain. hahahahaha!!!!! feel like emperor villain needs a nickname. hmmm.....

EDIT: P.S ~ chingus, need your help: need kpop/kdrama suggestions for december birthday post on themes of individuality, blue, sea, calm, winter...

I’ll be happy to but I can’t find YT links of it . SBS blocks a lot of the vids in my region. I use YTLinks to make the gif . 

My internet is so crappy today . Takes me so long to watch an episode. But wow eps 3 left me speechless. A million things happened. Sunny putting that ad hoc cringey performance. Yu ra getting the cement treatment. Mother empress shows she’s not to be messed with . The emperor showing he still has to be mama’s boy . The emperor cringing underneath cause he had to “sincerely “ woo Sunny . ( the whole musical thing cracked me up :lol:) And to TOP it all off - the Nam Sik - Woo Bin upgrade ! Daebak. This writer is merciless & unapologetic in offending your senses

by the way is that little girl , Emperor’s Daughter from 1st marriage ? 

@ktcjdrama One bag of popcorn won’t be enough for this drama 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, triplem said:

by the way is that little girl , Emperor’s Daughter from 1st marriage ? 

she seems to be his niece; the daughter of his sister? half sister? ...

1 minute ago, triplem said:

Yu ra getting the cement treatment.

makes it sound like she was getting a really rough facial! :lol:

is it going to be like sorry i love you where the ML got shot in the head but somehow survived but again still got a bullet stuck on his head that will later make him sick and dying? either both got this revenge scheme and that stuck-on-his-head bullet that will later "act" like a cancer. oh cmon, i love melodrama with such plot but then again does this have a melodrama genre tag too?

this drama is good i freakin love the suspense beyond all those ridiculous transformation and whatsoever. but i think the "royal family" thing better just be a wealthy family, a conglomerate. it makes no sense for the royals to have so much time to slack around having sex, go to the pub, drunken and kill someone for an EMPEROR moreover. lee hyuk even got time to sit behind his desk receiving and calling staffs and guests, is he a company director? there are so many great tv show about the royals of england, let's say to be taken as an example, unless the writer is intentionally making up the story this way

Woo Bin needs to wise up soon. He’s still thinking that YR is his love but poor him hasn’t even realized yet that YR is the emperor’s lover. I hope he doesn’t reveal himself to her against the advice of his teacher. I can’t wait for him to find out that YR wants him dead. 

@Lmangla @triplem Do you know there is now trending the jeju mud facial treatment? I think in***free carries them.  :D 

I remember reading jedi master used to be the imperial palace guard/chief, I think. 

@celebrianna I also hope that WS will follow master's advice not to reveal himself to YR. 

Maybe we should try to make a bet whether he found out YR's hidden side or YR find out his hidden side first....?

Finally had the chance to marathon watch the drama from episode 1 to 8.

The verdict.... I freaking love it. It’s so dramatic. And a bit OTT. But I guess that’s whats fun about it.

I hope Sunny won’t stay naive for long. Would love to see her kick some royal asses soon.

ps: this drama reminds me of “Time” starring SNSD Seolhyun. She was naive in the beginning as well but after some twists of events, she turned way badass. Would love to see Oh Sunny like that as well.

@ktcjdrama ~ oooh great idea this sounds actually fun! :D

let's have a poll "who will find out first about rocky bear's secret identity?"

option 1: so, we love rocky bear but let's face it, he is not exactly bright is he? hehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862507so he will reveal himself to yura because he believes she loves him. idiot! hahahaha....

option 2: yura may have ignored rocky bear but because he followed her like a stalker in the old days, she will find him familiar and start to guess rocky bear used to be chubby bear. help-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862508

option 3: sunny may be ditzy because of her fan girling but when she's not fan girling, she does have some brain cells. so she will find out the owner of the chain and locket is rocky bear and he used to be chubby bear... full-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862505

option 4: grandmother and jedi master have some connection and so grandmother will find out about rocky bear... embarrassed3-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129

option 5: emperor villian, shall we call him penguin, will find out rocky bear is still alive and start to suspect when he wonders why rocky bear has something against yellow pick up trucks... cool-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862496

EDIT: adding

option 6: rocky bear is like us and finds it hard to keep diet. poor fella. so yura recognizes him as he becomes chubby bear. so sad. crying3-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928624

option 7: moustache man sniffs around the palace and wonders why rocky bear is so fit. and then he finds out rocky bear climbed the mountain to become fit.... dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862498

alright chingus, this is just for fun. place your bets! if you want a penalty, we can have one too.... the penalty can be something fun like if your option is correct, you change your DP to rocky (or post a pic of rocky bear or rocky). if you lose, then you can change your DP to penguin (or post a pic of our emperor villain penguin or a penguin itself!)

calling: @nakatsubebe @tianaa @chubby^green^ @booha @triplem @Matilda_Anne @philosophie @lumibear @sonequeen01 @stella77 @rocat @alekaonu @O @guinearoyal @gm4queen @larus @ChewyChocolate @jjangnarafan @monalisa @littlerain @crystaltears @celebrianna @lu09 @AlexandraReid @ktcjdrama @Stellaa @nara0603 @Kasmic @diane90 @hugo10 @scarletlover1 @nikki7 @Carmarie @Josephine Safowaa  @zba72 @nateko @AyuW 

(P.S ~ just picked names from the last few pages; if I missed any chingus, sorry but do join in)

Dear @Lmangla - Thanks for calling me! But to be honest, I dropped the series this week!! :sweatingbullets: (Sad to say, this is my first Jang Na Ra drama I dropped). But as far as I know about the plot, I really hope option 3 comes true b'cause it's said that Oh Sunny is the one who falls for Wang Sik first!! :wub:

@Lmangla can we add one more option please? 

option 6 : there are so many yummy foods in the palace and rocky bear suddenly gains back his appetite and starting to eat a lot of donuts + pork belly and end up gaining 100 kgs and bam, he’s chubby bear again! yura immediately recognises chubby bear even without his perm hair and she tells the emperor about it and he hits him with his yellow truck. he died.

ps: ohh and sunny is still clueless about stuffs and spends her day singing and dancing with grandma. while singing, she is hit by the crane and died...:lol::P

47 minutes ago, stella77 said:

@Lmangla based on what we’ve seen, I initially thought option 1 but it is not fun and may be too soon — not dramatic enough lol — so now I am thinking option 2. 

I actually tend to think Option 1 because he really isn’t a bright bulb but perhaps he’ll prove me wrong. :sweatingbullets:

@Lmangla, I will choose later. I tend to be between two minds about this. I am tending towards moustache man being the first to discover his identity but I also think WB himself might give himself away.

Archived