[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Completely agree . I actually liked what I hv seen so far . It’s a nice departure from all the rom-com webtoon adaptations that have been on offer lately  . I think Jang Nara is doing fine as an innocent & star struck gal - caught in a web of deceit and being used as a distraction to cover the emperor’s misdeed, and is now unwittingly becoming the Empress’ tool to reduce Yu Ra’s hold on her son. 

I agree that @ktcjdrama this drama is one that will polarise the audience - love it or loathe it . I Guess I belong to the first as  I don’t find myself bored , plot is quite unpredictable and we have some layered villains in Yu Ra and the Emperor.  Found it interesting that the emperor had initially wanted to get rid of YuRa , but  she knew how to move and manipulate his feelings

I also agree that this drama will cause a lively discussion.  I hope it is not polarizing, but thought provoking and above all respectful.  I love watching dramas that cause the audience to have strong opinions.  The first two episodes, I felt sorry for the emperor because he could not seem to break away from his mother's influence.  I understand the cultural influence and the deference many men give to their mother; however, as the head of the country, the emperor should treat his mother with the utmost respect, but draw a line that she cannot cross, because in essence she is subservient to him and not the other way around.  I admit that I am  disappointed by the emperor's weakness as a "ruler" and because of that weakness, he is being manipulated by MYR to get back at the Dowager, Queen.  I could not get over the fact that MYR tried to kill her mother.  If she hadn't hit her, I do not think her mother would have walked out in front of the vehicle. Nor could I accept the fact that she did not cry knowing that her mother was killed, wow, now that is cold-blooded and sub-human.   I think initially Lee Hyuk would have reported the incident, because it was an accident. At that point, I was in the emperor's corner.  Once he called in his fixer/cleaner and would have also killed MYR, also I said, &!ll no, the emperor is weak, cruel and devoid of any real emotions --- he just went the bed with this woman and now she is collateral damage?   Any feelings I had of being sorry for him went right out of the window.

I am looking forward to the next episode.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Elijah Responds To Personal Attacks On Her Due To Her Role In “The Last Empress”

by S. Park
b756f035d4ec44968bfe91fd056c3da9.jpeg?s=

On November 29, Lee Elijah posted a screenshot of some comments she received on her Instagram in response to her role in SBS’s “The Last Empress,” where she currently appears as Min Yu Ra.

The first comment in the screenshot targeted the actress personally with excessive use of profanity and crude language.

Along with the photo, Lee Elijah wrote, “Besides the creative arts, I often think that words are important ways to express yourself. Acting is acting, and a role is just a role. Could you please refrain from coming here to get angry at a person who’s lacking but trying her best?”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1270831wpp/lee-elijah-responds-malicious-comments-role-last-empress

I can`t believe there are still people so imature or delusional to not realise a role is just a role. They even attack her personally with harsh words on her personal page! It is not the first time an actresse gets inappropriate comments  because for a role they played. So sad! She should receive complements for a well done job instead of insults.

Pity Lee Elijah . Just doing her job & she’s doing fantastic as well. I like it when my villains are as interesting as the protagonists. 

Ratings!!  

This somehow feels so politically incorrect,  but it was funny too 

SSR really gets to kiss everyone   :joy:

Spoiler

[The Last Empress] Eps 5 & 6 spoilers, Shin Sung Rok x Jang Na Ra x Choi Jin Hyuk

Ratings: 5.7% | 7.9%

0003913095_001_20181128230724329.jpg

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Shin Sung Rok proposes to Jang Na Ra... Choi Jin Hyuk's first appearance

1. [+937,-33]
Not sure about the rest, but Jang Na Ra is a singer, as expected

2. [+569,-26]
Na Wang Sik became so cool after his diet. 
- [+2,-0]
Does it even make sense that he became that way after losing weight? I cursed at that, but because it's Choi Jin Hyuk, I'm forgiving everything. 
- [+5,-0]
I'd like to have Teacher Byun's fitness center's address. 

3. [+517,-19]
I can't forget Choi Jin Hyuk who acted as Koo Wol Ryung~!!!@@ I know Choi Jin Hyuk from Gu Family Book~!! Koo Wol Ryung~~~ It's still fresh in my memory~ Koo Wol Ryung was the best~!!!! 
- [+48,-0]
Looks like you've not watched Devilish Joy yet. He's the best there too. ♡

4. [+389,-29]

Ahh~~~~~~~ I can't forget that face. Choi Jin Hyuk is so cool to the point it's scary. 

5. [+301,-13]
Kya~ Seriously dying from a heart attack because of Choi Jin Hyuk. 

6. [+116,-4]
He cut the side of his hair
and

hisbangs, and became Choi Jin Hyuk. ㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+108,-5]
But I didn't like it when Shin Eun Kyung came out at first because of her private life. I'll acknowledge that her acting is good. 

8. [+102,-1]

Tae Hang Ho's acting is good. I was surprised when Choi Jin Hyuk came out suddenly. But this is a lot like scriptwriter Kim Soon Ok's style. Ridiculous and strange. 

Spoiler

last.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Jang Na Ra performs 'Amor Fati' in front of Park Won Suk and Shin Eun Kyung  

1. [+116,-9]
Is this really a drama for the weekday10pm slot..... And it's even on a public channel. 

2. [+42,-12]
Please stop making fun of viewers... I turned the channel and watched it. But to think that a drama like this is still... airing. It's sad. 

3. [+27,-3]
Jang Na Ra picking this drama was a pity. 

4. [+21,-2]
They are always adding restricted 19+ scenes. The scriptwriter is going to add such scenes to Jang Na Ra soon. 

5. [+27,-11]
Notwatchingamakjang drama. 

6. [+21,-6]
Why is Shin Eun Kyung who abandoned her daughter appearing on tv? Is SBS crazy? Not watching. 
- [+7,-0]
It's her son. [t/n: I can't find a credible source for this. But it seems that her son was diagnosed with hydrocephalus.] 

7. [+15,-1]
What exactly is this drama........ It's mysteriously silly and addictive

8. [+15,-2]
The director for this drama is that Return's Joo Dong Min who had lots to say..... 

9. [+12,-0]

Tae Hang Ho loses weight and became Choi Jin Hyuk? ㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+14,-3]

Why exactly did Jang Na Ra and Choi Jin Hyuk choose this? 

cr

@larus It's amazing that in this day and age, people can't separate fictional drama from real life. As much as we humans have progressed, some of us clearly have not. I thought Lee Elijah's portrayal of Min Yura was very good and convincing as a cold and ambitious sociopath responsible for killing the very woman who raised her. 

Happy to hear the show is doing well in ratings despite the heavy competition of so many interesting dramas at this time. Can't wait to see the new episodes with subs.

Someone should invent a way to ban those immature people from access to dramas, or even the internet. Did they not realise they're doing the same thing they accuse her of doing? Impolite n disrespecful... Well, apparently not...

Negative things aside... who wouldn't forgive and accept a guy who sings to you on a stage full of audience? I have a weakness for guys with musicality, was looking at LH admiringly last night :wub: My reaction would exactly be just like Sunny

I had wonder how this drama was tagged as a comedy.  But ,  I fully understand now.  

Every piece of makjang that we've ever seen, in all dramas, have been incorporated into this drama. It is hilarious.:lol:  They made a makjang drama to poke fun at makjang dramas.:P

I was going to drop this drama.  However, if they keep up with the hilarity from ep. 5&6, I may stick around longer.

Wow what an episode  It was like watching a symphony of hyperbolic whirlwind drama.  I enjoyed. And on the top the scene of NWS jumping around with the Rocky theme song and then some victorious music was truly hilarious. wow  

Okay LH marries Sunny to save MYR.  First I thought after all LH had a heart but gave it to the wrong person.  Then after seeing more I wasn’t sure whether he really had a genuine feeling for her or something else.   Perhaps LH began to think with MYR he felt like  an emperor with real power, unlike with Dowager who made him a hollow emperor. It looks like LH is ready to battle against Dowager for power.  
Now because of Sunny’s bumbling dad,  LH thinks Sunny is part of that unpleasant brazen class which has no shame and will do anything for money.   I guess this misunderstanding will cause more misery for Sunny after a marriage.  I’m curious how the writer will handle Sunny’s first night after the wedding??  

highlight of today's ep :D:sweatingbullets:

QuHYZXI.gif

41GLOzN.gif

Spoiler

6qw2IPp.gif

Dtu49z2.jpg

nt8G2Me.jpg

Spoiler

A6O6lcA.jpg

izhlekU.gif

cr to DC

Well.. There are so many morons out there who can't tell the reel life & real life apart! I hope Lee Eli Jah wouldn't mind them & continue her job!! And it's the best proof that she's doing an outstanding jpb as Min Yu Ra - the evil secretary!

46986591_2100829133561955_78837890974901

@Stella77: And, this drama didn't stop with Korean makjang, they even paid homage to American Mafia by using the 'cement shoe' tactic.  Supposedly, the cement shoe was to ensure that the corpse doesn't rise to the surface, after being thrown into the water.  Now, if they put in the horse head scene, from The Godfathers, I will really die laughing. 

But, nothing tops the Rocky theme song. I laughed so hard that I couldn't catch my breath. :w00t:

wow I'm addicted to this drama maybe I should've waited to binge watch this one!

That musical scene with the singing/kiss felt cheesy to me haha

The training music made me laugh :lol: the haircut scene was hilarious/strange, they could've used any training scene instead for a more believable transition... (that must be a magical mirror!) 

the way he pulled the gun from the emperor at the end was so awesome :D But I liked his original name better somehow, maybe I'm over thinking the chinese character for Wang means King so I wonder if there's significance about the name for his character. like Wang Yeol (Goblin) Chun Woo Bin sounds like an idol/actor's name 

Rocky &WS-WB  B)  Yup who can forget the original RRR.. haha   Btw The volume for the first part is very loud so, need to adjust it

Qh3Eikj.gif

Meal & coffee trucks from CJH official fan café, real & Taiwan fan group

I really don't want to spoil the fun here... But there are some facts that I am confused of! :weary:

1. Na Wang Sik shot by head. But he's safe & sound!
  2. Na Wang Sik fell off the cliff. But again, he's safe & sound!
  3. Hae Han Ho just cut his hair & suddenly there was Choi Jin Hyuk!

Let's say that the first two is ok. But the writer could have done better with the third one! This is my opinion.

• There was a scene of Na Wang Sik climbing mountains.. Then he climbs as Tae Han Ho & at the top of the mountain, they show Choi Jin Hyuk!

Then it will be a little better proof that the time has physically changed for Na Wang Sik! I expected a logical fact for his transformation but, unfortunately it didn't happen! :cold_sweat:

I like the Grand Empress... but she's going to die, right? :tears:

Wow, that smirk MYR gave the Empress Dowager when she was being carried out of the cement mixture.

I want to know how long has it been for NWS transformation...

Everyone is doing a great job portraying their characters!

Can't wait for ep.4!!

Archived