[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m just wondering.... there is no flashbacks of Na Wang-sik was it due to contract restrictions? The contract signed was till 48 episodes, so maybe TLE production team did not put Na Wang-sik on flashbacks due to artiste image rights? 

It is strict in Japan, e.g. I have seen how some Johnny’s artistes images on promotional websites or posters being replaced by only words or not shown because of how the contract is worded. But am not sure about Korea. If that is the case, then I think it’s understandable why Sunny and everyone else was not seen remembering Na Wang-sik suddenly.

Just now, yamiex said:

I’m just wondering.... there is no flashbacks of Na Wang-sik was it due to contract restrictions? The contract signed was till 48 episodes, so maybe TLE production team did not put Na Wang-sik on flashbacks due to artiste image rights? 

It is strict in Japan, e.g. I have seen how some Johnny’s artistes images on promotional websites or posters being replaced by only words or not shown because of how the contract is worded. But am not sure about Korea. If that is the case, then I think it’s understandable why Sunny and everyone else was not seen remembering Na Wang-sik suddenly.

Uuu. This makes sense. And totally understandable if it is the case. Huhuhu

Anyways...i saw this comment and realize that Hyuk died not knowing for sure that he didn't kill Sohyun. 

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

Hold on. It's only February. There are 10 months to go to declare your best Kdrama of the year :lol:

Hahahah...i only watch kdrama once a year...and i only watch if jang nara on it...(im her fan) heheheeh...but if the review okay, i will try to watch other kdrama...but i can count the total of kdrama i watch nowadays since im not into lovey-dovey plot...hahahaha...so the last empress will be my best kdrama of the year...:D

normally if the drama is too long..i will skip it...but last empress always make me anxious every weeks...so next week and so on a will be  my rest week..since i dont have any interesting kdrama to watch....heheheheh

19 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Naw isnt he cute, is he wearing the badge that WS wears as the Royal bodyguard?

Hankyul aka Dong Shik seems to be very thoughtful kid..(Or whoever manages him is very thoughtful as well). He's wearing a memento of his Brother Na Wang Shik.

D0ANeQZX0AAQWma.jpg

He also posted he will miss both his hyung Na Wang Shik as well as Dong Shik when gave a farewell to his TLE character.

Dz7aCxlU8AYA8Fl.jpg

Translation:  

our hyung that i miss a lot.. 

so happy to be with you, thank you... 

dongsik too bye bye... 

Dz7aDO3VYAA0EU8.jpg

He seems to be always appreciating how his hyung was always there for him..and how much Dong Shik loves his Hyung..That's very thoughtful. :)

18 hours ago, sunshine79 said:

Why didn't Sunny tell ED that the bandaged person was Emperor? I mean it seemed like she had the time, at least after the first shot. And as it was proved in this drama, only one gun shot to ANYWHERE, doesn't kill the person:lol:

In real life, often one bullet does kill, would be nice if it didn't, so many people would be alive

Even if images are contractually limited, it is curious, that NWS was not mentioned at end, indeed he was included story-wise only sparsely. One would expect a real reaction from Sunny. It was a nice touch that Hyuk pretended to be him, button & all. Though not totally disappointed by the end, this made the writing very flawed and makes one wonder what the truth behind it all is....it is as if they were all Ari wanting to forget....

Vlending uploaded this a few days ago~ (Fyi vlending is a joint venture between SBS and MBC, vlending provides music platform services etc2)

Don't be hoodwinked by the title.

it's actually a MV. The MV for OST 6: Open Ending feat Sunny and NWS :)

I assume this is official, since it is uploaded on an official YT channel.

Soooo...can I say its an open ending for the three of them? Hahaha

Open Ending lyrics translations in tab

Spoiler

3236230.jpg

When I think of you, I laugh
When I look at you again, tears come
Times so precious that it hurts
After it passed, I’m here, in this place
We’re looking at the same place

It’s too early to tell you I love you
It’s too early for us to grow apart from here
Where will the hidden tomorrow take me?
I don’t know but I promise you
I won’t ever lose you

Days frozen in a deep maze
Every time, I think
Of how you would be standing at the end of this road

Where will the hidden tomorrow take me?
I don’t know but I promise you

I’ll always protect
Though this isn’t the fairy tale ending
No matter what ending it is, if I’m with you

The hidden tomorrow makes me nervous sometimes
But I believe in my heart that has written a happy ending

3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Don't be hoodwinked by the title.

it's actually a MV. The MV for OST 6: Open Ending feat Sunny and NWS :)

I assume this is official, since it is uploaded on an official YT channel.

They're bizarre..All throughout the drama they give us plenty of scenes where we can see how much OS cares for NWS..But they refuse to continue it just in last two episodes for an open ending. :unsure:

They also give us a OST called Open Ending which has LH in the cover.

3236230.jpg

But then they release the MV of same OST with all OS-NWS moments!!

They've a twisted sense of Open Ending..Someone please explain them what does it mean by open ending.. :pensive:

(Or is it just that Vlending became a Sunny-Woobin shipper while preparing all the MVs for those OSTs? :lol:)

Lol.... their open ending is making fans feel like writing a conclusion for them.... one in which Sunny ends up with either of Woo Bin / Wang-sik or Lee Hyuk... or Lee Hyuk finally get a chance to learn to love.... hmmm sounds like a fanfic challenge. 

Even with the extension, there still wasn't enough time to show everything. And by everything I mean everyone mourning for NWS's death, Dong Shik finding out who his real parents are, MYR waking up at a hospital with brain damage, So Jin's whereabouts after one year, Ari mourning for LH, what else am I missing.

Found this on instagram...I feel quite sad that it's over and the staff is breaking down their beautiful set. I hope they would have a museum like what SBS did for My Love From the Stars where fans can go and visit the set. I feel bad that it is now being torn apart :tears:

Ari interview :). She is talented, i have a feeling she will go far as an actress. All the best Oh Ah Rin! 

Lol. her front tooth fell out while filming and they had to attach a tooth for continuity between scenes :lol:

Oh Ah Rin Talks About Her Love For Acting And The Best Part About Filming “The Last Empress”

Oh Ah Rin Talks About Her Love For Acting And The Best Part About Filming “The Last Empress”

Feb 24, 2019
by L. Kim

Child actor Oh Ah Rin received much love and praise from the viewers with her role as the adorable, sassy Princess Ari in “The Last Empress.”

Although she is only eight years old, she has abundant acting experience with appearances in dramas such as tvN’s “Goblin,” JTBC’s “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” and SBS’s “Sister Is Alive.” Her excellent acting skills in “The Last Empress” brought much laughter to the viewers of the drama, and she was loved by both the cast and crew for her bright personality and professional attitude.

Oh Ah Rin revealed that she watched her own parts in the drama. She said, “It was fun to watch me act. The hanbok [Korean traditonal clothing] was so pretty, and I was happy because everyone said I looked pretty.”

The child actor mentioned her favorite scene, which was when she fainted after eating the cookies Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) made due to her peanut allergy. She commented, “I had a lot of fun. The director said, ‘It would be natural to fall down because of the difficulty of breathing.’ It was my first time acting like that. I remember I acted with advice from the other adults.”

She also talked about a funny incident that happened during the filming. Her front tooth fell out, so she had to temporarily attach a tooth there to connect the front and back scenes. She explained, “When you eat tteokbokki (spicy rice cakes), you have to use your front teeth. [Because my tooth fell out], I had to eat it sideways. My mom had to cut chocolate for me, and I had to cut all the other food as well.”

Oh Ah Rin showed affection for Shin Eun Kyung, who played her grandmother in the drama, saying, “She gave me pocket money  on New Year’s day. My dad said he would take good care of it. I wrote a letter to her saying I love her.” She also praised her acting and said, “She didn’t get her lines wrong and acted so well that I learned a lot. The last scene where she goes to prison and becomes a [normal] grandmother was really fun.”

oh-ah-rin-shin-eun-kyung.jpg

Oh Ah Rin revealed that acting is the most enjoyable thing she likes to do. Out of all the scenes, she likes to act the emotional ones where she laughs and cries. When asked what she thinks about during crying scenes, she replied, “I think according to the scene, but when I have to cry, I remember the time I made a snowman but left it outside and came home crying because I was sad.”

The child actor shared that many people recognize her now, thanks to “The Last Empress.” Laughing, she said, “I was passing by on my kick board when someone asked if I was Princess Ari. I said I was.”

Lastly, Oh Ah Rin shared her dreams. She said her current dream is to be an actor, but when she grows older, she wants to be a director and writer. She explained, “I write the title and lines for a skit and act it out with a sibling who is two years younger than I am. My sibling acts the lines I wrote, and I film it like a director. So I want to be a director and writer later, but I want to be a good actor for now

Archived