[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

4 hours ago, ErikaJ said:

I'm a little confused over how Sunny wasn't that upset over NWS's death and how he was basically an afterthought.  I mean I get that he wasn't able to appear in the last couple of episodes, but when Sunny is thinking about her time at the palace, there were no flashback scenes to the moments that she shared with NWS.  It feels cheap, considering that the writer had put in the time to develop their relationship as something meaningful to the both of them. I'm firmly in the camp that she never had any romantic feelings for him, but she definitely had a strong relationship with him, as referenced by the fact that they both have risked their lives to protect one another. It's honestly really poor writing. To make matters worse, her lack of response to NWS's death is almost immediately juxtaposed by her dramatically crying over Lee Hyuk's death. This is over a guy that she has openly been disgusted with and has hated. It doesn't really make any sense to me for her character to be so upset over his death in comparison to the one guy that she had promised to protect this entire time. Maybe she was so upset over his death because she realized that his feelings for her were actually sincere and because of how tragic his end was at the hand of his own mother. She definitely wasn't reciprocating his intense love for her because as he was dying, she never said that she loved him or anything along that vein. She just told him that if he actually felt sorry, then he has to pay for his sins in the right way and not die on her. Does that mean that if he had survived those gunshot wounds, she would have forgave him? I'm not quite sure. When Lee Hyuk asks Sunny if their relationship is truly over, she says that she could never forgive him, considering the fact that he has never owned up to anything that has happened and has never stood up for what is right. He did so this time in a valiant effort, but would she have fallen back in love with him if he had survived? I'm skeptical and hopeful that that isn't really the case.  I'm just frustrated that we got definitive answers that Lee Hyuk and NWS both liked Sunny, but on Sunny's end, we're not quite sure where she stood with either of them.

I think Sunny real feelings is she love Hyuk. Why? Because she said this before, i not quite remember the sentence but she said 'do u think 10 years of feeling can go away like that?' She love Hyuk for 10 years even as a fan before. I dont think her feelings for NWS is romantic love. Its just like a brother and sister relationship. Its because they protect each other like how siblings protect one another. Thats what I see from their relationship. I dont think Sunny really fall in love with NWS. Its only NWS that fall in love with her. I think Sunny heart already closed for love when she knew Hyuk cheating on her and used her as alibi. All she think about is making things right again and going for justice. I think Sunny is not being honest with her feelings all this time. She knew she still love Hyuk but she also knew that Hyuk is a bad person so she draw a line between them when Hyuk fall in love with her. But everytime Hyuk in dangers, she always save him. I feel like its just an excuse for her when she said to NWS not that I trust him, but its actually she really trust him. Even in the end she doesnt want Hyuk to die. If she doesnt have any feelings towards Hyuk, she will not be crying.  But she cried and she remember all those moment with Hyuk. I feel like finally Sunny is getting a sincere ' I love you' from Hyuk. Which is so sad... The writer ddint give Hyuk a chance to make things right and instead chose to KILL OFF his character just like that. What a waste and a dissapointment. Im so happy when Hyuk said Ill finish what u cant. Im so proud of him that finally he comes to his sense. But and then all that went downt to hill, just because writer want his character to die instead of being the HERO. I thought he finally going to become a hero and help to bring down the imperial family. But I got so dissapointed. It ddint went to the way that I hope for. They failed. I agree with the Knetizens, the writer failed. The ending is good, but they way they make Hyuk to be, is totally FAILED.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Come to think of it, I think maybe the main focus was always LH all along...

The main focus is SUNNY all along. 2nd is Hyuk. Why they didint show happy ending for Princess So Jin??? She deserves it. What happen to her?

This drama went downhill after they making Hyuk character comical and waste so much screentime on him being like that.What for all that?? For him to die in the end.. He even go to Sunny's father house before to experience what it likes eating with a family. It would be fun if the ending Hyuk still asking for forgiveness from Oh family. Cause its not Hyuk's fault that the blood got stolen. its his mom that stole it. But well , i think its not possible in their minds. i still cant accept hyuk dead. 

Why Lee Hyuk don't honest toward Sunny all along, they have a lot of time together.... 

1) he save sunny's parent from the jailed by ED, and ask Woo Bin to keep on silent

2) he ruin some stuff, so Sunny can get that stuf

3) he love Sunny but keep on silent all the time, afraid if he will lost Sunny if he love her.

4) he accept his mom wrong doing as his fault, although it's not him

5) he stop and lock sunny because he want to protect her from ED

6) he cold toward Sunny when she is awake after collapse one week, but he is in her side along time, not eating, or sleeping

7) he also secretly playing as Na Wang Shik to stop his mother, he lies to Sunny if Na Wang Shik still alive, and order police to catch him in all korean empire, but actually he haunt himself, he's pretend to be Na Wang Shik. 

I think Lee Hyuk is her true love, not Na Wang Shik and she finally get true love from Lee Hyuk. All along Lee Hyuk with Sunny never said I LOVE YOU and in the end of his life that's his last word. 

He made her miserable 99% of the time doing this drama thats not love in any form, they tacked om 2 more episodes that where still rush and without one of their major leads. I have no idea why they  did it this way but I know I am majority annoyed how they handed it all.

1.He tired to kill her many times, his abusive natural towards Sunny is somehow played off in this drama

2.But that is thrown aside because  so  loony toon all of a sudden.I found that disgusting to watch after what he has done.Nothing about that was funny or fun to me.

3.He forced kiss her then choke then we get the last 2 episodes and OMG he so niceeeee! :rolleyes:

4.I not going goign to feel sorry for LH in any way he was  a crappy person the vast majority of the drama, a few  unselfish acts  wont change that

5.Then of course WS who was faceless the last episodes die in that way, without seeing his revenge though.Teh person  that has been hurt so much throughout this drama just poof.Oh but I am suppose to care about LH dramatic death psshh.

I know some people wont agree but those are my though. I dont think I ever felt this uncomfortable watching a drama. This drama still feels very unfinished after so many  episodes

15 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

He made her miserable 99% of the time doing this drama thats not love in any form, they tacked om 2 more episodes that where still rush and without one of their major leads. I have no idea why they  did it this way but I know I am majority annoyed how they handed it all.

1.He tired to kill her many times

2.But that is thrown aside because  so  loony toon all of a sudden.I found that disgusting to watch after what he has done.Nothing about that was funny or fun to me.

3.He forced kiss her then choke then we get the last 2 episodes and OMG he so niceeeee! :rolleyes:

4.I not going goign to feel sorry for LH in any way he was  a crappy person the vast majority of the drama, a few  unselfish acts  wont change that

5.Then of course WS who was faceless the last episodes die in that way, without seeing his revenge though.Teh person  that has been hurt so much throughout this drama just poof.Oh but I am suppose to care about LH dramatic death psshh.

I knwo some people wont agree but those are my though. This drama still feels very unfinished after so many  episodes

lol sarcasm. still ddint change what i feel bout this drama. yes thats love. he sincerely love sunny. :rolleyes:

everyone deserves a second chance. I believe hyuk finally comes to his sense in the last episode and reedemed himself. :D

he is actually nice if u watch the drama carefully and observe it. he does help sunny and nws multiple times in the middle of the drama. SSR as actor did a good job in potraying this character, he doesnt need to say it also we can see from his face. 

Hyuk death is so dramatic, tragic and cruel . but he dies proudly with sunny by his side and i believe sunny did forgive him :rolleyes:

well, so sad NWS have death like that too. its unfair. just a burning body and a cemetry scene. WTF? this is also wrong. people watch it for his revenge and all that. but in the end they killed of his character bcause of extending the drama and wasting on unnecessary scene.  :phew:

the ending feel rush but that ending scene when the palace become a museum , did anyone feel goosebump watching that. also feel a bit sad. its also scary when they focus on ED face when she repeating those words while in prisoner. I cant understand also that why she ddint die yet, didnt she got executed sentence.. did they miss this or what. why she still alive with choi..? LOL :w00t:

the production team become greedy when the ratings goes high. thats when it become a mess and loss it amazing pace.how come NWS character jjust end like that when thats when the story started. there is no real closure between Hyuk n NWS.. 

I'll give it to him. He is extra.

(ctto)

empress51.png

But its okay. I live for the extraness in TLE. Doesnt make my heartbreak for Hyuk any less though :tears:

Anyways, have you guys ever considered that the final script might have been changed because CJH was not available? It might be NWS was the one who was supposed to die like Hyuk, while professing his love and all. But since CJH is not available, they need to change it up. It is a possibility. But who knows, right?

I guess the final revelation is that, LH's true love is not Oh Sunny, but NWS. For NWS, he faced his problems and actively try to do something good. With Sunny, he was still escaping his errors and trying to put it behind him. Sunny never changed him...it was NWS's sacrifice, his death, that changed LH. And I guess Oh Sunny was crying at LH's death because she was mad that LH gets to join his beloved NWS in death. You see, NWS died to save LH (and Sunny just happened to be there...so yeah, he saved her too). Poor Sunny, could only cried in frustration when she realized that the true love of LH was NWS and NWS's true love was LH...and her? She was the third wheel all along. 

That's how I am going to interpret this ending.:phew: 

Although Lee Hyuk wanna take down his mother (ED). Till the end of his life, Lee Hyuk still loving his mother. He die just like his mother wish, he keep on silent being framed by his mother. He is accept what's all his mother done for him. :bawling:

Sssoooo Hyuk gets some sort of redemption on NWS's dime. An not one person seem to mourn NWS. The main start of the whole revenge plot, gets not a dang thing.  :blink:

Unless Sunny is a masochist her ending up with LH never made no sense and thankful they didn't. Plus Min Yura gets to play mummy to a kid she was willing to watch die just because she can't remember!?? How can those who know her deeds even stomach seeing her anyway near Dong Shik. :blink:

Urgh well at least the stuck to the last empress storyline..... and the 3 witches went to jail. 

Gonna miss the EDW's facial expressions. Shin Eun Kyung was awesome. She made  laugh so much these last few weeks. After all the pomp and circumstance she was just a two bit drug dealer. :joy:

I'm so disappointed in how this drama ended. It was a lot of foolishness thrown into to end. What mother wouldn't feel horrible, life changing guilt after what they did to their own child? Not this mother---It's just too much. The bad people got payback, but it wasn't satisfying---it was disappointing.

I am sad with the ending but that is the best since the title is The Last Empress. This drama reminds me of Mr Sunshine.  Now i know that if a drama has more than 1 male lead, they will all die and  the female lead will end up alone :P

on another note, i thought that the chemistry between JNR and SSR is eplosive.  They need to do another drama together  :D

10 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Anyways, have you guys ever considered that the final script might have been changed because CJH was not available? It might be NWS was the one who was supposed to die like Hyuk, while professing his love and all. But since CJH is not available, they need to change it up. It is a possibility. But who knows, right?

I can't help but keep wondering which part of the finale was as planned from initial writing and which part was new. Somehow I feel that NWS and LH were both meant to die in the end. NWS with the bullet in his head and 3 months left. And both having professed that they'll die to protect Sunny. So the main focus has always been on Sunny, as the last Empress.

Sure they tried to develop some romantic feels between Sunny and NWS, but maybe it's just a side story to show that Sunny is not alone and she has a support inside the crazy palace.

As for LH, I thought it was normal for Sunny to feel such great loss for his death. He is after all her first crush, first love of so many years, her husband. Although she might have hated him for a while, I am sure that feeling of love is still present in that big heart of Sunny. She never wanted LH to die. She wanted him to acknowledge all his wrongdoings, ask for forgiveness and pay for it. That seems to be the main thing she wanted, an apology from a repentant heart. When watching with subs, I cried a mess again during LH's dying scene.

37 minutes ago, newreul said:

the ending feel rush but that ending scene when the palace become a museum , did anyone feel goosebump watching that. also feel a bit sad. its also scary when they focus on ED face when she repeating those words while in prisoner. I cant understand also that why she ddint die yet, didnt she got executed sentence.. did they miss this or what. why she still alive with choi..? LOL :w00t:

This scene, right? Yeah, it gives me epic chills. Kind of reminds you of Titanic.

The camera direction, bgm and that simple caption at the end... perfect scene for an ending.

Here’s my thought on the ending.. what kind of ending is this we don’t see NWS and the way he just die like that was so stupid and no crying scenes from anyone of his death.. and there we have NYUk who’s a jerk and the way he treated oh sunny in the past and try to kill her  and he got so much fans crying at his death and no one is talking about NWS.. I am so dissapointed I watch this drama because of him..

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I can't help but keep wondering which part of the finale was as planned from initial writing and which part was new. Somehow I feel that NWS and LH were both meant to die in the end. NWS with the bullet in his head and 3 months left. And both having professed that they'll die to protect Sunny. So the main focus has always been on Sunny, as the last Empress.

Sure they tried to develop some romantic feels between Sunny and NWS, but maybe it's just a side story to show that Sunny is not alone and she has a support inside the crazy palace.

As for LH, I thought it was normal for Sunny to feel such great loss for his death. He is after all her first crush, first love of so many years, her husband. Although she might have hated him for a while, I am sure that feeling of love is still present in that big heart of Sunny. She never wanted LH to die. She wanted him to acknowledge all his wrongdoings, ask for forgiveness and pay for it. That seems to be the main thing she wanted, an apology from a repentant heart. When watching with subs, I cried a mess again during LH's dying scene.

I too always though both would die. From the moment NWS didn't get the op he was marked for death. LH has also been a coward there's no way he'd end up in jail, he'd have killed himself, plus he's just done way to much to suddenly be redeemed and live happily ever after so only other option is death. The moment they started the comedy LH and starting trying to make the creep seem pitiful and redeemable the only option left would be some sort of self sacrifice to give a kinda of see he really was nice deep down inside kinda vibe. 

The ending is cruel...really disappointing!

"Thank you for loving a jerk like me and let me love you. I love you":bawling:

Thank you ShinSungRok for playing Lee Hyuk,hope to see him in another film or drama with JangNaRa, as a happy couple.

4 minutes ago, zba72 said:

on another note, i thought that the chemistry between JNR and SSR is eplosive.  They need to do another drama together  :D

SSR role as Lee Hyuk is right choice. SSR playing Lee Hyuk role make him more recognized. He's playing a lot of drama before, but... I never recognize him.. 

His appearance as Emperor so outstanding... he act cute, poor, and villain character in the sametimes. Before this he also act in romcom, play in music theaterical, take villain character, double personality as a psyco, so he get some experience to play Lee Hyuk character. 

Great success for him... JNR is his best partner couple for him, 

Archived