[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

In all honesty, I find the Emperor a much more interesting character than Na Wang Sik. I totally get the emperor. 

Growing up without love and being abused constantly makes a person who crave love the most to easily be manipulated. A person who craves and desires to be loved so much can easily be enamored by anyone who would bestow even the tiniest love-like or care-like behaviour or attitude upon him/her. Lucky if the other person or people are good people who would direct this person to the right direction or path but a tragedy when the person or people are bad because they would direct this person to the wrong path.

My only dislike with the writing of this story is how even after it's discovered that it is the ED and that Nanny who started and orchestrated all the bad things that happened everyone is still only hating on the Emperor. It just does not make sense to me at all. Even Min Yu Ra's iniquities have been totally forgotten. How is it that Sunny and Na Wang Sik can easily forgive Min Yu Ra but not the Emperor? Is being vengeful (out for revenge) a better quality to have as a human-being than being merciful and just?  

For me the story of this KDrama is not just about me being for Team Emperor or Team Na Wang Sik or Team Sunny. For me the story of this KDrama is about my self-reflection and self-discovery. Like for example I reflect on the differences between the villains - how ED and Nanny are the sort of bad people who have no remorse whatsoever, they do not feel guilt or feel apologetic about what bad they have done or what bad they are doing. The Emperor is the sort of villain that has become bad because of the programming he has been subjected to since he was a kid, he knew only of this because it is what he was trained and taught how to be and so now that he saw another side he is finally slowly realizing the wrongness of what he was trained for or taught. I get why the Emperor flip flops - it's because he is in that stage wherein he is so very conflicted or confused. Imagine how it is for a person who only knew this one certain way of doing things ever since he was born because it is how he was trained to do them or taught to do them. Then suddenly comes another person who does it a different way, the opposite of what he was trained or taught? Wouldn't you be conflicted and confused as well? As for the heroes of the story my distaste was the revenge part. You might be a good person but the lust for revenge might ruin you. Sometimes not being able to forgive and let go of the anger can also be bad. All in all it made me reflect and realize how humans are not at all black and white - not good or bad. Humans walk in this grayish area wherein we could be both. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, breakmyheart said:

In all honesty, I find the Emperor a much more interesting character than Na Wang Sik. I totally get the emperor. 

Growing up without love and being abused constantly makes a person who crave love the most to easily be manipulated. A person who craves and desires to be loved so much can easily be enamored by anyone who would bestow even the tiniest love-like or care-like behaviour or attitude upon him/her. Lucky if the other person or people are good people who would direct this person to the right direction or path but a tragedy when the person or people are bad because they would direct this person to the wrong path.

My only dislike with the writing of this story is how even after it's discovered that it is the ED and that Nanny who started and orchestrated all the bad things that happened everyone is still only hating on the Emperor. It just does not make sense to me at all. Even Min Yu Ra's iniquities have been totally forgotten. How is it that Sunny and Na Wang Sik can easily forgive Min Yu Ra but not the Emperor? Is being vengeful (out for revenge) a better quality to have as a human-being than being merciful and just?  

For me the story of this KDrama is not just about me being for Team Emperor or Team Na Wang Sik or Team Sunny. For me the story of this KDrama is about my self-reflection and self-discovery. Like for example I reflect on the differences between the villains - how ED and Nanny are the sort of bad people who have no remorse whatsoever, they do not feel guilt or feel apologetic about what bad they have done or what bad they are doing. The Emperor is the sort of villain that has become bad because of the programming he has been subjected to since he was a kid, he knew only of this because it is what he was trained and taught how to be and so now that he saw another side he is finally slowly realizing the wrongness of what he was trained for or taught. I get why the Emperor flip flops - it's because he is in that stage wherein he is so very conflicted or confused. Imagine how it is for a person who only knew this one certain way of doing things ever since he was born because it is how he was trained to do them or taught to do them. Then suddenly comes another person who does it a different way, the opposite of what he was trained or taught? Wouldn't you be conflicted and confused as well? As for the heroes of the story my distaste was the revenge part. You might be a good person but the lust for revenge might ruin you. Sometimes not being able to forgive and let go of the anger can also be bad. All in all it made me reflect and realize how humans are not at all black and white - not good or bad. Humans walk in this grayish area wherein we could be both. 

Thank you for posting this!! You have said all of my mind. I'm not good at writing but just wanna show my support to your comment.

So... 

How to end the Imperial Family is... make Sunny re-marry other person, just similar to Empress Eun a.k.a Michelle Eun case.

Maybe this also an example how to end Imperial Family, no heir from the Empress.. 

Absolutely,, Lee Hyuk must die first. 

If Lee Hyuk die, maybe Sunny will be re-unite with Na Wang Shik (with the mummy appearance :ph34r: )

The end of imperial family... 

No one wish the throne, both Lee Yoon or A Ri.

The Last Empress and Empress Dignity... 

1 hour ago, Sirry Usly said:

Honestly I'm annoyed at how this show is ending. Really annoyed. NWS possibly dying is soooo annoying to me as well as the Emperor possibly dying even though I don't like him much. This whole drama has driven me nuts. 

SAME THOUGHT HERE. Everyone's dying! New trend, TLE? First NWS and then the Emperor...

I kind of hope that Hyuk doesn't die. Part of me understands him (not the killing part, thank you) but the part that is misunderstood. He locked Sunny up today because he didn't want her to die like Empress So-hyun before her. Hyuk covered for her and Sunny covered for him (even though if one could argue that she didn't really want to) in the bombing. ED IS INSANE. I'm pretty sure we all knew that. She's NUTS... I really can't wait for the finale. Again, I hope Hyuk doesn't die... I'll cry if he does!

Saw these pics of apparently extended trailer for tonight? Though I can't find the actual vids 

Spoiler

1550729028.gif

1550729027.gif

1550729028-1.gif

1550729028-2.gif

1550729027-1.gif

1550729027-2.gif

1550729028-3.gif

1550729028-4.gif

1550729028-5.gif

Credit : dcinside

Finally the end comes to TLE. I don't think I have ever watched a makjang before and only did it because of JNR. Have to admit it's quite fun though sometimes a bit OTT :sweatingbullets:

This drama is the only one I am currently watching so it's gonna be quite boring after this. Maybe I should catch-up on The Crowned Clown...

1 hour ago, nikki7 said:

Saw these gifs of apparently extended trailer for tonight? Though I can't find the actual vids.

Thank you...

Who is the bandage man siluette?

Why he must fight?

Is he escape or something?

I don't think its Lee Hyuk... Is that represent of Na Wang Shik, but... I think it's on the palace, is Sunny hide a man, I don't think so.. 

So, no one gettin crazy :sweatingbullets: just punished in the court (dunno how many time they must be jailed, or ever death punishment). 

SKH maybe get death punishment, so she ask forgiveness by unite her hand together, wish she can alive. 

Sunny come into the Lee Hyuk chamber ... no it's maybe her chamber now. After Lee Hyuk die, she get all his authority. 

oh my heart! Royal Hotnesss!

SSR IG caption (google trans):

The elegance of the Empress ... It was an unforgettable joyful trip. The people I met in this work were very grateful. Thank you so much to the viewers who loved the elegance of the Empress and that revolution. Please join me on the last road of our work today Thank you p.s I loved ... lonely and lonely ... Lee Hyeok ... thanks

@Kasmic i want him to be in a romcom too. I've seen some bts of vagabond, i'm not sure if he's good or bad. I just want him to be in a comedy or romcom. A fluffy one. I need fluff right now. Hahaha

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

The show is trying to totally redeem Yura. But I want her to be punished too. She is in the wrong the same as Hyuk. 

Yes i think it's totally redeem Min Yu Ra, it make sense now... 

She come to the palace for revenge toward imperial family, and make herself just like Na Wang Shik, and Sunny. She even not afraid if she must die. This make her come back to the palace in many times, she is in and out from the palace, when she kicked or fired, she still come back again and again

1) she fired by ED (she use LH lust to come back)

2) she kick out by ED (she ask help from GED)

3) she locked in dungeon will be expelling from the palace by Sunny (she make LH help her)

4) she burn by LH (she ask help from ED)

In almost ending episode we know if she also victim of imperial family. 

Actually, although Na Wang Shik is a victim, Na Wang Shik even kill Ma Pil Jo, steal, manipulating So Jin to give him authority to the financial account. Shouldn't he must get punishment? What's he done is not a criminality?

Min Yu Ra crime is attempt to kill, and cover the crime. 

The difference between Min Yu Ra and also Na Wang Shik is Yu Ra fight alone but NWS make a lot of alliance. NWS have plan, and also have a support from Byun. He work so detail.

Can you imagine how hard Yu Ra for a long time when she need to fight alone for many years? She just can think about lust of Lee Hyuk that can control him.

Her wrong doing is make another victim of the imperial family, but NWS help the victim of imperial family. 

Min Yu Ra wanna get what Sunny get right now, to make herself ruin the imperial family, but she also make a way to Sunny come to the imperial family. 

55 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

SSR IG caption (google trans):

The elegance of the Empress ... It was an unforgettable joyful trip. The people I met in this work were very grateful. Thank you so much to the viewers who loved the elegance of the Empress and that revolution. Please join me on the last road of our work today Thank you p.s I loved ... lonely and lonely ... Lee Hyeok ... thanks

@Kasmic i want him to be in a romcom too. I've seen some bts of vagabond, i'm not sure if he's good or bad. I just want him to be in a comedy or romcom. A fluffy one. I need fluff right now. Hahaha

Lonely and lonely...poor Pyeha...

To be honest,I started to watch this drama because of JangNaRa and ChoiJinHyuk  ,but end up as ShinSungRok's fan.I really want Lee Hyuk to get a happy ending. 

9 minutes ago, annchoi said:

Lonely and lonely...poor Pyeha...

To be honest,I started to watch this drama because of JangNaRa and ChoiJinHyuk  ,but end up as ShinSungRok's fan.

I really wanted Lee Hyuk to get a happy ending. But seems like it's not possible...

Yeah. The new preview seems to be he is disabled or will he commit suicide? I really hope he doesn't kill himself. I can do with other bad scenarios but not suicide.

9 hours ago, laivla said:

So Lee Hyuk lock Sunny is really to make her save from his mother, if Sunny not coming, maybe the incident never happen, but.... 

His personality is coward, he's not change at all, he don't dare to reveal the truth... admit his wrong doing... 

I think Lee Hyuk already predict the bad condition in the future, so he wish to left all authority to Sunny. Even Sunny said to "her" about Lee Hyuk last moment. And I think Lee Hyuk is die saving Sunny.. the last bomb when he carry Sunny in front of the door, maybe make he in a bad injuries in his back.

When he said he'll jump to the fire several eps ago, is this really happen? When Lee Hyuk wish the time stand still is sign of his die. 

Hope no more plot twist.. 

Make Lee Hyuk fake his death.. and change his face... :joy:

Spoiler

Wow ,Hyuk may pretend to be Wang Shik... 

Actually, it seems to me the ED shaving LH is a new scene. Because LH's face has cuts, maybe from the blast. Could it be that while ED is shaving LH, she just slit his throat?? :scream: There must be a reason we were shown the creepy shaving session early at the start of the series. We were shown that LH was tense and grabbed the arm of his chair. Probably not knowing and always questioning what the mother will do with that knife in her hand.

Someone must have died, because I see this in the extended preview.

agrIMNZ.png

Isn't the black and white ribbon symbol for the death of? Or is it just the death of Imperial Family since that is the family emblem, isn't it?

TLE cray2 train will end today. It feels bittersweet. I had fun. Really. But i might not after ep 51-52. It depends. Hahaha

Enjoy..the latest BTS clip~

@ktcjdrama  i do think Hyuk dies. How he dies is the question. And I can't wait to see the answer tonight. I'm going in live! Despite my lacking Korean language skills! Hahaha

And..if ED slits Hyuk's throat! Omg. That would be totally cray. On another level of cray. :skull:

17 hours ago, laivla said:

How about make Lee Hyuk die and NWS have plastic surgery and his face change to Lee Hyuk... :joy:

Ploy twist. Hahahaha. I can accept it. How to watch the drama Live? I want to watch the ending even without sub. I just can't wait anymore 

Why Sunny can't forgive Lee Hyuk? 

1. Sunny love Lee Hyuk a lot before, and she's hurt as a lover. 

2. Lee Hyuk using Sunny to cover his crime, her heart must be hurt, how can someone use her pure heart, her pride is ruined. 

3. Lee Hyuk even dare have an affair with other woman when she is still his legal wife. 

4. Lee Hyuk also tried to kill her more than once. 

5. He causing her mother death (although he don't do this directly), he tried to suicide that's his wrong doing. 

5. Lee Hyuk still coward to reveal the truth, although Sunny provocate him a lot of time. 

6. Lee Hyuk knew the truth, and Sunny help him to understand the circumtance. Hope Lee Hyuk reveal the truth. 

6. Lee Hyuk already get Sunny's chance to reveal the truth, but he choose to keep in silent.

7. (Till the end) Lee Hyuk never admit his wrong doing.. or feel sorry to the victim, he still think he's innocent. 

He is die in lonely. But, I'm sure his feeling toward Sunny is true.. He love Sunny, but don't care about the other person. 

Maybe Lee Hyuk die is also the plot of the story from the begining.... she only can reach the higher position when no Emperor, or no Lee Hyuk in this world.

Archived