[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

54 minutes ago, Super Gal99 said:

No more super handsome face = no more motivation ...wawaawaa:sleepy:

Welcome back @Super Gal99 :blush: 

If theres Kdrama theres always a handsome face... but will def miss this one.

w8EzQ9S.gif

DzxTyt9WwAALhkU.jpg

I love his posture and that smirk :wub:

DzxT5CXW0AEcOdT.jpg

Why do writers love to waste potential actors :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is the countdown for the finale, and I'm not so sure what to feel from the preview. It seems that the table has turned and that Hyuk will be the one saving Sunny this time as he's actually going to be there. I wonder how ED is going to blow things up this time around... Using the old fancy godfather clock method again? :joy:

From the get-go, I didn't ship anyone and I still don't think I'm shipping anyone for that matter. I actually felt that Soo-jin and NWS was quite adorable together, despite his awkwardness around her. I think a lot of us are unhappy that CJH isn't here for the final 4 episodes but I think that I'll carry on watching because I was to see the ending. No matter if Sunny doesn't end up with anyone, or ends up with someone- I think I'll be okay with whatever outcome is the end at this point. I'm not saying that I no longer have expectations for TLE but I'm more so waiting for the ending... 

However, I'd like to say that I do hope that JNR and SSR continues to play their roles strong and finish well. I sincerely hope to see their collaboration again (hopefully in a romcom role perhaps? And not SSR as a villain?) Moreover, I hope that people won't bash them for what the writer(s) have/had done with the script! Let's support TLE until the end and see the ending together. :heart:

1 hour ago, Super Gal99 said:

No more super handsome face = no more motivation ...wawaawaa:sleepy:

@Super Gal99 , your gifs come with new insights to me.

So, Oh Sunny was just crushing on Mr. Bin because he is so handsome...She's definitely not in love with Na Wang Shik. :lol:  

63saTQh.gif

This is Writer-nim asking us to overlook all the sweet moments... :D

46nGRT3.png

And this is PD-nim trying to make us understand that delicious water is the most important focus in that scene...:P

leFlO5t.png

1 hour ago, nikki7 said:

Lots of people (me included :P) wanted JNR & SSR to be in another drama again soon. But can I also wish she gets to pair up with CJH in a a different drama as well.

Note: Despite her petite frame, JNR actually looks good with tall guys. SSR, CJH, Jang Ki Yong and soon LSY?

Hahaha. I want them in a romcom too after funny-Hyuk started to emerge. Me: i'm fine if they don't end up together in this, this is not what TLE is about. Just cast SSR-JNR in another romcom and give me full blown funny romcom scenes! Lol. 

Svp1542785949595-600.jpg

I've heard a lot of good reviews of JNR-CJH in Fated to Love. I haven't watched the drama yet. Hopefully they get to be paired in another drama too. Hehe

Wt51547194139100-600.jpg

53 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Why do writers love to waste potential actors :sweatingbullets:

Maybe its time korea start to adopt preproduced dramas with a fixed script. It seems waste of potential happens when a script is not fully written but plans for production is already in place. Huhuhu. This reminds me of drama 'On-Air', which I might even rewatch. I recall it was a good drama about what happens in the production of a drama and the entertainment industry. 

2 hours ago, xprosperity said:

Today is the countdown for the finale, and I'm not so sure what to feel from the preview. It seems that the table has turned and that Hyuk will be the one saving Sunny this time as he's actually going to be there. I wonder how ED is going to blow things up this time around... Using the old fancy godfather clock method again? :joy:

From the get-go, I didn't ship anyone and I still don't think I'm shipping anyone for that matter. I actually felt that Soo-jin and NWS was quite adorable together, despite his awkwardness around her. I think a lot of us are unhappy that CJH isn't here for the final 4 episodes but I think that I'll carry on watching because I was to see the ending. No matter if Sunny doesn't end up with anyone, or ends up with someone- I think I'll be okay with whatever outcome is the end at this point. I'm not saying that I no longer have expectations for TLE but I'm more so waiting for the ending... 

However, I'd like to say that I do hope that JNR and SSR continues to play their roles strong and finish well. I sincerely hope to see their collaboration again (hopefully in a romcom role perhaps? And not SSR as a villain?) Moreover, I hope that people won't bash them for what the writer(s) have/had done with the script! Let's support TLE until the end and see the ending together. :heart:

Yes! I didnt ship anyone but i am very supportive of Hyuk and I did not hide my support as many here might notice :lol:. I really want him to reform but gave up after he went cray2 again and again lol. 

I suppose stellar performance from the remaining cast can be expected in the remaining 4 episodes. And I too hope that people won't bash them for what the writer(s) have/had done with the script~

Good luck to all for the 4 final eps!

I have survived 48 eps of TLE, what more harm can another 4 eps make? So bring it on!!!!

CXO1550564379613-600.jpg

F0c1550564437447-600.jpg

Now..can any writer/producer cast these two in a romcom. Pretty please~ Ahahahaha

Omona!!!!! Royal Hotness!!!! SSR new IG post with Hyuk's pocket watch and ring.

His caption (google trans)

Elegance of the Empress is nearing the final broadcast Thank you for your patience. I also took pictures with props that I have always been with!

42 minutes ago, triplem said:

Honestly gave up on WS -Sunny romance about 6 or 7 episodes (hours) ago  , and was never on board the very warped LH -Sunny love line the writer shoved in our face time & again. Honestly ,  i felt the writer caving in to audience demand in this respect. But then again , this drama was crazy makjang from the get go , so I will not be surprised for it to end as “spectacularly”  as it had started . 

The story is bizarre ( and likely because I rarely watch such genres ) but it did have a solid cast . Impressive performance by the ever dependable Jang Nara & immense talent in the young actress playing Ari. Found SSR very charasmatic & funny as well  . Have to be honest that I  felt disappointed with CJH’s screen time & the way it is likely to end for his character here  . I started this drama & had hung on for him . 

@triplem, this drama is tagged as Fantasy, Suspense, Romance.  I actually think it should have been tagged as Comedy.  Although it stared as more melodrama/suspense/romance, it's just comedy to me now.  I don't know what to make of it. The fantasy tag must be in the fact that people once thought dead are not really dead. I'm surprised that the "crown" princess didn't come back to life. The whole royal family seems like a joke. I have to say that I think most of these actors should do more comedy because I find the comedic aspect of the drama funny.  

The actress who is stealing the show, hands down to me is Oh Ah Rin  as little Ar Ri. I was so impressed with her acting, especially in ep 48 when she was talking to her crazy mother who had pushed her to the floor. I kept thinking this little girl is a superb actress because she stay focused the whole time.

In regards to the romance aspect.................:huh:

1 hour ago, triplem said:

So if the not so secret spoiler posted earlier is true of LH’s impending fate , does this mean Sunny  ends up with no one ? Lol! What a show,  but I think the best sort of closure  will be for me to see the ED self destruct in some way. 

Honestly gave up on WS -Sunny romance about 6 or 7 episodes (hours) ago  , and was never on board the very warped LH -Sunny love line the writer shoved in our face time & again. Honestly ,  i felt the writer caving in to audience demand in this respect. But then again , this drama was crazy makjang from the get go , so I will not be surprised for it to end as “spectacularly”  as it had started . 

The story is bizarre ( and likely because I rarely watch such genres ) but it did have a solid cast . Impressive performance by the ever dependable Jang Nara & immense talent in the young actress playing Ari. Found SSR very charasmatic & funny as well  . Have to be honest that I  felt disappointed with CJH’s screen time & the way it is likely to end for his character here  . I started this drama & had hung on for him . 

Most probably Sunny won't end up with anyone. And be the Empress Dowager(?) until Ari is big enough to be on the throne? Hoho

Mama can combust or be a victim of her own explosion. But I'm hoping for a more substantial end for Mama. Prisoned and stripped of all her titles or something more.

The story is cray2 to say the least. I'm not familiar with makjang too, the last one I recall watching was Baker King. But somehow I just allow myself to follow the ridiculousness of TLE. It is a good thing I had no initial expectations of what the drama could be. I was not even aware of the whole cast :sweatingbullets:. I started to watch due to word of mouth and Jang Nara is in it, so why not? Lol.

What happened to the development of NWS's character is something I feel was kinda expected as they delve more in the cray2 imperial family stuff esp granny's mystery death. And along the way, unfortunately CJH had less screentime. CJH acted the stoic Woobin to a tee. He stood his ground in a sea of cray2 over the top characters and still stood out. I hope something like this does not repeat, it is disheartening to fans but mostly i expect it is more disheartening to the actor. 

I suppose the lesson I learnt from this experience with TLE, is to have low expectations. Low expectations equal less hurt if it goes awry. But it is easier said than done. Huhuhu

Lucky Lee Hyuk that has A Ri.. 

Can you imagine if he has no child? Sunny never going out with Lee Hyuk. No sweet moment between LH - Sunny again. They must act nice in front of their children. Since Sunny so care about A Ri, maybe she won't make A Ri disappointed. She wish that A Ri grow to be great and nice person, Sunny must be understand to act. 

Lee Hyuk, when he ask Sunny , is he must not work? It means if Sunny is the highest rank in the palace, who can decide. Is Lee Hyuk still suspended?

Who is Taehu? That not wanna work with ED anymore. Am I forget someone, or misinterpretation of preview? 

Why I'm really afraid if....

Lee Hyuk back to the dark... 

Still when he talk to Sunny... Ask for his work... 

And Sunny still have a plan to make Lee Hyuk down.. Is his mentality ready to that??

I don't know if Lee Hyuk save Sunny's life, and sacrifice himself, is this make Sunny forgive him? Is she forgive Min Yu Ra, how she punish her, after what she done in the past? 

If he is really not back to the evil, it maybe SSR said is right he'll be real emperor. If he real emperor, he must confess all his wrong doing in the past and accept punishment. 

But if Lee Hyuk back to dark side, maybe he get punishment from Sunny, and he deny it, he can't accept what happen, his unstable personality appear. . it's OPEN ENDING in the END. 

The spoiler that @annchoi posted earlier with eng subs 

Spoiler

BTS making vid

Tempers Flare And Plans Are Put Into Motion As “The Last Empress” Nears Its End

Things are heating up as SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Last Empress” nears its end.

The drama has released two sets of stills that show the characters reaching their breaking points as the drama comes to a close. The first stills show Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) and Lee Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) attending an event to celebrate the 10th anniversary since the emperor rose to the throne. She follows him on to the stage and once she stands in front of the microphone, Oh Sunny looks resolute while Lee Hyuk has fear in his eyes.

The production staff stated, “Oh Sunny has been running non-stop to enact her revenge of dismantling the royal family. This will be an important scene where her efforts come to fruition. Please keep watching to see what will happen to Oh Sunny and Lee Hyuk, and whether Oh Sunny will be able to successfully pull off her revenge.”

Spoiler

Jang-Nara-Shin-Sung-Rok.jpg

Jang Nara and Shin Sung Rok aren’t the only two to get heated as Shin Eun Kyung and Yoon So Yi get into a fight. The two are set to engage in a fierce fight of rage, grabbing each other by the color and hair as they fight it out. Their eyes are filled with a burning rage that could do serious damage if looks could kill, and they’re holding nothing back as all of their time fighting to gain more power finally boils over.

The production staff stated, “Though the scene itself was intense, once cameras stopped rolling, the two actresses looked each other over to make sure they were okay. They threw everything into the scene and we want to applaud them for their dedication.”

Yoon-So-Yi-Shim-Eun-Kyung.jpg

With so many emotions buzzing in the air, “The Last Empress” has just four episodes left till it reaches its grand finale. The result of these tense situations will be shown in the upcoming episode, which will air on February 20 at 10 p.m. KST.

cr. Soompi

SSR IG update with the last script book

Is SSR planning to spam his IG with more pics? Not complaining though. His skin looks amazing by the way :lol:

His caption (google trans)

Set last shot 2

Does this mean they are still filming for tomorrows ep? Omg! If so, everyone involved needs lots of rest after TLE ends. Thats all I can think of.

@Kasmic lol. We posted the same thing :lol:. And thanks for the spoiler with subs. Hehe. Omo! Ari at the end of the spoiler clip is so cute!

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

For me the only mystery in this drama is, why this actor CJH

didnt leave the show earlier.

May be.. because he wanted to fulfill his commitment as per contract?

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I suppose the lesson I learnt from this experience with TLE, is to have low expectations. Low expectations equal less hurt if it goes awry. But it is easier said than done. Huhuhu

yeah..and be extra careful while picking ongoing makjang. :crazy:

6 hours ago, xprosperity said:

Moreover, I hope that people won't bash them for what the writer(s) have/had done with the script!

The good thing about all these ship war is none is bashing the casts..The resentment is only towards character, writer and production which is what it should be.

It's undeniable that most of the casts be it main or supporting cast are doing absolutely fantastic. 

I myself started this drama solely for the four main casts (Jung Nara, Choi Jin Hyuk, Shin Sung Rok, Lee Elijah). I've watched enough of the casts previous dramas that I knew I could depend on them. It's just very disappointing that such a mess happened in such a project where casts are working very hard.

SBS released this news on Lee Elijah's character Min Yura which is focusing on the ups and down of her.

IMO, If anyone from the main bad guys have received some form of punishment yet that would be Min Yura (I'm not saying she has paid her due for her bad deeds by that..because she never repented truly for her crime.. but you can't deny what she went through in that hospital cum jail was beyond horrible).  She survived through the horrible torture of mental hospital. But rather than repenting, she went mad for revenge! Against who exactly? Na Wang Shik! If she should have gone after anyone at all that should've been Lee Hyuk..A sane person would've run away from this mess but none here sane right now..so..

30000623439_700.jpg

Now that she's working with Sunny after finding out the truth of Kang Ju Seung, it is actually understandable. I thought she should've been acted smartly way before..But well she was too greedy to move forward at that time.

The news leaves a question "So what is the ending of Min Yura that Elijah portrays?"

Source: https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress/article/56870/E10009395975

What do you guys think can a new twist regarding Min Yura surprise us anymore?

(I think it won't be that shocking..after the bland secret of Grand ED's death, no twist seems that shocking anymore)

Live recap

Spoiler

Yoon and LH in Nanny's room. Nanny knelt before LH and said that she did so because it was ordered by ED. LH didn't want to believe her. Yoon went to ED's room "why are you shocked to see me alive?" Then LH came in dragging Nanny.

Both wicked ladies were trying to deny what is accused of them. Until LH played a recording by KJS.

ED sighed and started explaning why did so. LH started to tear up and asked her to give up (on something). ED mocked him. LH is shaken. Yoon looked stunned.

LH walked into his office, Yoon followed, and asked him something. I think it's about the Imperial family going down.

ED slapped Nanny. Nanny pushed her back and said she will announce that ED was the one who asked her to kill Yoon. They argued, and Nanny said something that left ED speechless.

Spoiler

Sunny showed GED's letter to the aunt of LH, she is tearing up and asked her to do something about LH.

Family meeting. Aunt asked LH to resume the responsibility while waiting for Ari (I think). She also said she is going back to US so cannot join the celebration of 10 year anniv of LH.

Then Sunny showed GED's will. ED strongly objected. Sunny called her out on her greed for money.

Spoiler

ED went to her room and screamed at the top of her lungs. She asked Choi to find someone, and she said couldn't find the person.  Choi said something that got her being thrown something by the ED. Next scene was ED having her personal spa treatment again. But the focus on the vial to be injected on her tells me something will go wrong. Sorry my stream skipped.

Chicken shop. Dad is feeding DS and his friends some fried chicken. Hello was there and mentioned about Yoon. Dad is finally approving their relationship.

Hello waited for Yoon at the mall, and they have their date. They talked about a certain place at the mall. Then Hello took out a ring and put it on Yoon. They declared their love for each other.

Archived