[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

32 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

The thing is...tomorrow is not the finale yet. Hahahaha

It got extended. There are 4 additional episodes. 

I expected Hyuk to be super cray this ep. But he was kinda okay-ish. His actions are bad but at least he seemed more lucid than before. So it made it easier for me to dislike him. Hahaha. And that coffee scene is so random. SSR should really get a coffee ad at the end of TLE. :lol:

Forcing a kiss is really bad by itself.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Forcing a kiss is really bad by itself.

Yep. I didn't say it wasn't.  Just it is easier for me to dislike him this ep.

He looked sane and lucid this time around. He was mad on his own accord, and not forced or manipulated by others. He was the one that took action and found that Sunny had been gathering info about him. He chose to be mad and angry, to burn the pictures and force Sunny. Him making his own bad decisions without even a bit of external influence shows how bad he is. It made it easier to dislike the character after supporting his growth for nearly half the series haha.

^_^

I am wondering about the scene with MYR all of a sudden crying about DS, because if it is her being suddenly concerned about him, that is random...

I am wondering if they at least have a certain ending in mind because eventhough I am enjoying the drama they have dragged out certain storylines also so close to the ending and introducing new characters...? 

Yoooooo....this drama is straight up crazy! I will watch this again with subs because context, but what was that ending?!

Seems like we have two more episodes as the finale next week, still no reveal for the Island (can we please get that tomorrow??!!)

And writernim should have just made this drama 30 something episodes since she likes doing all these 'twists' and dragging storylines out.

This is why I was hoping she wouldn't constantly flip-flop how she wrote LH, since redemption seems even more unlikely now. (unless there's some 00.01% chance SN actually returns that kiss and doesn't throw him over her petite shoulder tomorrow...) I wanted a consistent, ruthless, smart and charismatic emperor that I could hate with all my heart and root for the empress to take him down with the sexy bodyguard...but no, he can't even be smart, he's just dumb, I had thought maybe it was a bit of willful ignorance but no, he's really not that bright.  

I I just want this to end now, don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying every minute of this show while lmao at the same time because I can't keep up with this writer's unpredictability. 

I just want it to end with Sunny coming up on top. 

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode it's going to be even more cray. 

2 minutes ago, butterflyempress said:

Yoooooo....this drama is straight up crazy! I will watch this again with subs because context, but what was that ending?!

Seems like we have two more episodes as the finale next week, still no reveal for the Island (can we please get that tomorrow??!!)

And writernim should have just made this drama 30 something episodes since she likes doing all these 'twists' and dragging storylines out.

This is why I was hoping she wouldn't constantly flip-flop how she wrote LH, since redemption seems even more likely now. (unless there's some 00.01% chance SN actually returns that kiss and doesn't throw him over her petite shoulder tomorrow...) I wanted a consistent, ruthless, smart and charismatic emperor that I could hate with all my heart and root for the empress to take him down with the sexy bodyguard...but no, he can't even be smart, he's just dumb, I had thought maybe it was a bit of willful ignorance but no, he's really not that bright.  

I I just want this to end now, don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying every minute of this show while lmao at the same time because I can't keep up with this writer's unpredictability. 

I just want it to end with Sunny coming up on top. 

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode it's going to be any more cray. 

Hmm she did not return anything that was as force as can get

empres.png

In DRAMA

[The Last Empress] Eps 45 & 46 spoilers, Jang Na Ra x Choi Jin Hyuk x Shin Sung Rok

Posted on Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' "Live as my woman" Shin Sung Rok, after removing evidence of corruption, forcefully kisses Jang Na Ra 

1. [+1077,-26]
Scriptwriter, please read up on the current trends... 

2. [+672,-23]
Ah, that's sexual assault; not heart fluttering... Lee Hyuk's character was becoming kind, what happened.. ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+491,-38]
..Isn't that sexual assault? 

4. [+376,-17]
KakaoDog gained popularity in the middle because of his gags. And now, he's back to being crazy like in the beginning. Anyway, that sly fox Seo Kang Hee is really disgusting... 

5. [+324,-17]
This is the worst..  ㅡㅡ To think they turned a good character into someone like that. 

6. [+98,-1]
He showed a hint of doing some reflection not long ago. ㅠㅠㅠㅠ But he's not guilty at all. And he's totally a psychopath with Othello syndrome [t/n: morbid jealousy/person is constantly thinking that their partner is unfaithful without real proof] now. 

7. [+100,-7]
They turned the characters into weirdos. I hope Shin Sung Rok and Jang Na Ra come out in a calming romcom in the future. 

8. [+95,-4]
Do they have to do that at the end..? Even if it's just a drama, do they have to add in a forced kiss?;; 

the%2Blast.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Jang Na Ra stops Shin Sung Rok who pointed his gun at Choi Jin Hyuk 

1. [+249,-12]
Just end it this week. 

2. [+142,-13]
It's so childish that I can't watch it anymore. 

3. [+105,-6]
There's a lot of pointing guns at people but no one is shooting~~~ Na Wang Shik and Lee Hyuk pointed their guns at each other and Min Yoo Ra pointed her gun at Lee Hyuk. 

4. [+103,-4]
I hate the sight of Seo Kang Hee!!

5. [+66,-1]
No, you should've saved the evidence in Google Drive, N Drive, etc. What's with a safe? If you want to put it in a safe, put it in a Swiss safe... 

6. [+58,-12]
I hope Choi Jin Hyuk takes on a bright and healthy role in his next project~^^

7. [+46,-7]
Reflection time for the people who have supported Oh Ssu Ni and Lee Hyuk.. 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-last-empress-eps-45-46-spoilers.html

Guess people aren't shipping SN and LH anymore.

Lol! This is joke from JN is so random.

Jang Nara affectionately jokes, “He looks like a baby goat drinking his mama’s milk. He has his mouth open so meekly.”  (cr: soompi)

1WwPWm.gif

Hahahaha!

And this knetz comment! :lol:

5. [+66,-1] No, you should've saved the evidence in Google Drive, N Drive, etc. What's with a safe? If you want to put it in a safe, put it in a Swiss safe... 

Though I wont be surprised if she suddenly has backup copies in all sorts of drives and maybe even have a copy in an actual swiss safe. And she actually has a hidden cam in her room that recorded all Hyuk's antics and she can use it as proof. Hohoho

18 hours ago, ChewyChocolate said:

4 more episodes could mean that we could see more twists and turns yet

1. Hyuk becoming good again

2. The grandmother returning back from the dead

3. The viewers falling in love with Sad Hyuk again

4. Woo bin getting a head transplant

5. Yoon waking up and becoming witness to nanny's crime

6. The empress dowager escaping to the island

7. The nanny tailing her on the back of a shark

Love your twists may I add 

8. Woo bin returns to his true bear self :joy:

6b31f5a5b9dbb3efd4ee3be941916ed7.png

Ratings are up - 11% and 13.9%

ezgif-5-f67fd8bf7c28.gif

I cant believe Im loving the villan more and Im watching this drama just for him :joy: I must be sick :tounge_wink:

36 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Love your twists may I add 

8. Woo bin returns to his true bear self :joy:

Ratings are up - 11% and 13.9%

I cant believe Im loving the villan more and Im watching this drama just for him :joy: I must be sick :tounge_wink:

Truth be told. You are not alone. I'm still here for him. Nothing else. You're not sick. We are not. :lol:

Ohhh..so that is why some are calling Bin a bear. Because NWS actually said 'why are you staring at me like a bear' . Lol

Maybe this in reverse will happen but as an effect of Bin overeating after he is happy at the end hehehe

l5j3K5.gif

Spoiler

"After you knew all that… you two deceived me? How could you do that to me?"

Me me me... he's so self-centered. Why shouldn't they? He ruined their lives! All they want is to put him in jail and that's the least he deserves. LH can't understand that he isn't a victim because he is just plain stupid I guess. :huh:

I knew he was horrible to women and all, but it's become apparent that he's a hardcore chauvinist. What exactly is his problem? He has 0 respect for women in general. A mere woman? Ew. He's rotten. :mask:

"You used people like Ma Pil Joo and left incurable wounds on these people. Just like the bullet in my head."

Standing ovation. OMG, YES! They finally brought it up! I'm so glad the writer did not try to clear Hyuk from this.  :thumbsup: 

So it was implied that LH has murdered other people before? No wonder he's always been so cold-hearted and unempathetic. As SN said, they (LH & ED) kill people like they are flies, or in WS's words, "he's not even human"  

Anyways, Lee Hyuk is awful but that's old news. You can tell he's not willing to change because how many times has SN tried to help him see his wrongs and he's unwilling to listen? :rolleyes: This only proves what I said all along: Sunny is not Lee Hyuk's cure. Her love cannot change him at all. He had no problem with watching how his mother threatened little DS with that needle. This is why I loved when WS beat him up (sorry, I did, it was cathartic and he had it coming :P). I knew Bin wasn't gonna kill him because he's the bigger man and doesn't want to be a murderer, but I loved that the Emperor finally received some punishment.

We only got one interaction between SN and WS but it was good. SN standing in front of Wang Sik trying to protect him from Lee Hyuk. LH was pointing a gun at her and she just stayed there without flinching to shield Bin. Then WS protected SN from LH. And how great was that moment when WS said "Empress" and Lee Hyuk had to stop Sunny from following our bodyguard because she was super worried? "Where are you taking him?!" The humiliation! Everyone could witness how the Emperor's wife had been helping his enemy and was willing to give her life for the man the Emperor hated. LOL. 

No amount of forced kisses can help LH, really. Sunny is pretty dead set on putting all of them in jail and leaving that place asap. Love can't be forced.  

On another note, there's nothing wrong with loving villains. They are usually more entertaining and interesting than the hero. I love myself a good villain (Sherlock's J.Moriarty is my particular fave), the problem is when people go out of their way to justify the villain's evil actions. No amount of sob stories can make an evil guy less evil and that's why (ideally) villains should go to jail and good people should be free. That's the only issue I have with all this LH worshipping.

Last night's episode was ah-MAAAAA-zing! 

JNR gave a stellar performance. Her facial expression when she sneers at LH during their confrontation in her room. Awesome.

I just don't know what to do with LH anymore. SSR is such a good actor that I can hate LH one minute and love him in the next. What are the writers trying to do with this character? I hope they can make up their mind soon. He's being so possessive of SN that I am afraid he's going to kill both himself & SN. Yikes, no!

I just can't predict what the ending will be like. I hope we will get a glimpse at least of what's in that island in today's episode. 

@katakwasabi Yes, Im not sick, we're not sick, nice to know Im not the only one. Will let Hyuk continue his cray

DzUZTGJXQAY9Fwe.jpg

and not so cray yet stil cray state ... I dont know what Im saying, hopefully you understand me :P

ezgif-5-96b2855c2aad.gif

Who does that? after a near death experience of  falling off a cliff and first thing he asks for is instant coffee :lol: His medication must be instant coffee. SSR needs a CF for it, why wasnt this drama endorsed by it lol! They wouldve made a fortune :joy:

2 hours ago, Sirry Usly said:

I still can't understand why people like the villain more. I honestly just don't. 

Ehehe. Its not understandable and maybe not meant to be understood. Lol

Its not the first time I liked a villain in a drama but i do think this is the first time I actually hoped a villain would reform. I did thought upbringing might had shaped his unstable psycho character. But he is now officially bad to the core. So i have stopped all hope for him to turn a new leaf :joy:

I was never onboard shipping Hyuk-Sunny. He was so evil even in the 1st ep and continued his evilness until he suddenly had a mini character transplant in maybe ep 12 when he played jegi with Sunny. But..he was bad for her before, bad for her still.

Liking a villain doesnt mean I agree or support his/her bad actions, but at times I do find villains more exciting to watch. They get to do over-the-top ridiculous stuff that makes me want to smack them hard and some has a signature a death stare that send shivers down my spine. And villains usually has the best line deliveries ever. But it is fun television non the less. It would be ideal to like all characters in a drama, but it is also unusual to like all of them.

I do find it frustrating why is it so hard for the good guys to win, the monarch isn't that bright or intelligent especially Hyuk and Sojin :sweatingbullets:.

And it also boils down to this: the character, the writing and the actor/actress. From observation, i find Hyuk and ED have the most material to work with compared to the others, they have lots of twists with their character development and/or story development.

However, I do believe that SSR's personal charm also plays a factor to why some viewers find Hyuk interesting and some can symphatize with his twisted childhood. SSR owns the character to a point I can't imagine any other actor can play psycho Hyuk and garner the same response as he has.

@stroppyse yep, the Imperial family is less darker, less evil as the series progressed. They lost the darkness half way through when they decided to make the villains comical.

The ratings are okay-ish. But its nowhere near their peak ratings mid series. There is a lot of action in one ep but so little progress with the story. 

So Sunny purpose to stay in the Imperial family only two that left to catch

1. who killed GED (I think it's KH) 

2. poisoning her food. (it reveal by Hyuk confess, he's the witness , if ED done this - he need's to alive right now of course, I think this why Woo Bin don't killed him right now, Lee Hyuk must be know something to make ED down for sure, to easy if he die right now, courious what will happen to the 10th Lee Hyuk crowned as Emperor ceremony)  

I'm courious about what Woo Bin said after Lee Hyuk fallin himself to the water,

You are innocent? Then do your best to stay alive. Just like I did

Is he enough to revenge of her mother and Sunny? What is the meaning of his statement

He'll be ruin the Imperial family for sure.. But the main evil is ED. I love how he steal from ED and So Jin.. don't cry MY BIN.. Maybe she's shock know if he is Na Wang Shik (remind a fat boy) 

I'm also courious when Kang Hee said she's on the same boat with Yu Ra, what does it means.. 

Hope there's no other person that come to revenge like Yu Ra, Woo Bin, and Sunny especially Kang Hee, she is real evil!! 

I think if Yu Ra point at Lee Hyuk down, and this make her purpose to make A Ri an Empress Regnant more easy. She is evil brainwashing KJS, and wanna make ED down to.

This make me sure if KH also killed GED. if she know ED killed GED, she must not in silent. 

I hate KANG HEE so ARROGANT. 

And also.. the maids gossiping Kang Hee became Empress.. how can this happen, if she never married to Lee Hyuk? What a stupid maid, that dunno the problem.

About EMPRESS EUN, wife of DEPOSED EMPEROR (the question is the deposed Emperor is alive or not?? Is ED kidnap him in the Island? ) 

Maybe ED husband not first heir, just crowned prince, maybe he's the second son. Then ED make a plot to make her in law down. Then make her husband an Emperor then she became Empress. 

I don't understand with Lee Hyuk,, he said if the Sunny affair is about Husband and Wife matter. 

What's on his mind?? He is possessed to Sunny. He is broken his wedding pict, he's search in Sunny's chamber, then he still release Sunny from jail, and also he refuse to divorce her. 

What's Woo Bin afraid is true, how if Lee Hyuk never let Sunny go. It's truly happen. 

Oh @Kasmic! We think a like in our last drama. No we are here too with minds alike. :joy:

Let Hyuk be cray all he want now. He is bad and cray. It takes a miracle or magic for him to be nice as it seems. So lets just let him be.

Your gifs are amazing. Hyuk asking for coffee first and foremost after his near-death fall from a cliff was so ridiculous. This is why sometimes in a drama the villains have loads more fun. They get scenes like this. His finger was about to be cut off. But he asks for coffee?! Hahaha

ezgif-5-96b2855c2aad.gif

Lost opportunity for all coffee brands that did not endorse TLE. Hyuk and his coffee arc could have made them a fortune hahaha

Archived