[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Yes...i just wanna enjoy a watching this drama until the end...but somewhat i must be think positive and hope or maybe this drama happy ending for OTP...hahaha actually sometimes just want know who OTP in this drama....ok i forget this drama no had romance fully..:lol:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunny ~ Lee Hyuk relationship, from the beginning of the marriage they were wrong, plus various intrigues, and also the lack of communication between Sunny and Lee Hyuk. Lee Hyuk tricked Sunny all this time, how she wasn't hurt. And when Lee Hyuk was deceived, what was his right to be angry with Sunny, because he is her husband? 

I'm not Sunny Hyuk shipper, but I wish they end with good relationship (as a fan or a friend, so they can sing a song together |forget about this|) , because I'm afraid of LH posession toward Sunny, he will make Sunny his women till she die. 

Suddenly afraid how this drama wrap up, 
How if LH being punished, then he escape and haunting Sunny live when she start her new life... and the End.. (just look like hanging story end).

Cz I think LH possesion and obsession at Sunny will never end if Sunny really not forgive him in the end. It hard for Sunny, but it must be like that to make calm Lee Hyuk heart. His heart so unstable... so scary if LH attact Sunny till die in the end of story, LH that escape secretly from jail or mental hospital. 

I'm also not Sunny Woo Bin shipper... but I just wanna see sweet moment between both of them, so cute when CHJ is smile. How poor his life. He'll be success to take down the Imperial Family, then he operated.. but if he's alive, maybe also he'll be haunted by Lee Hyuk if Lee Hyuk don't deserve redemtion in the end.

LH unstable mentality is a big threat, jail or mental hospital maybe can't incarcerate him, he is still have a wealth and maybe still have a little power. The police also corrupted.. this won't be a good ending, if LH not die or being the real emperor and good person. This maybe noticed by Sunny, if Lee Hyuk still in trap of his own mind, he'll be forever enemy in her life and Woo Bin. The revenge never end, Woo Bin or Sunny with the gank will never can start new life and live in peace. 

Than an evil ending, maybe more satisfied if they punish with fair and equal of their criminality or kill the real enemy. Lee Hyuk need mental treatment too. (But I'm afraid if this became an excuse he's not being punished). 

But, is that satisfied if the bad person being killed or suicide ?? How easy their life end.. but to dangerous make KH or ED punished in jail. Posibility of suicide also getting down when we know about ED or KH character, KH afraid to die, ED.. she have to strong character being evil, why she wanna die by suicide, she might have another plot. 

It hurt me if LH die, because... no hope for him sing again in this drama. But, see the story development it seems like I can't hope for anything at the LEE HYUK SUNNY APPEARANCE IN THE STAGE to  SING together (forget about this, i know it imposible) 

I gave into my temptation and finally watched the episode. We can safely conclude, that there is no hope for Pyeha. He is someone who sadly will not change his spots. I know he is the way he is partly because of how he had been conditioned since childhood. Yet, as I watched and rewatched old episodes, I simply cannot forget how horrible he had been. A cold hearted , conniving, merciless, ruthless murderer. He had repeatedly tried killing the very woman whose affection he's dying to win. As a rational woman I understand it is impossible to love a man like that. The damage has been done and to be honest Sunny has to be mad if she actually gives him another chance.

In my defence, I can only say that SSR is a fantastic actor and his brief 'humane' side won me over temporarily. But looking at his recent actions, it is impossible to trust him. He is ready to combust at a drop of a hat. His face twisted with anger  gave me the chills. That man has super acting skills!

ED and nanny Kang are getting on my nerves! Why must evil win all the time? We had been waiting for some justice like forever. At least give us small victories to keep our morale high. 

This show is totally SSR's! He rules it truly like an emperor with his varied acting. You can love him or hate him, you definitely can't ignore him. He's such a dynamic and complex character. He has done justice to his character. He has found a new fan in me.

It's funny because I started this show because I wanted Jang Nara and CJH to get a hea after Fate to Love You. But as they say, man proposes and here the k-drama god disposes.

I'm on this roller-coaster ride. Come what may! Bring it on Writer Nim! What ace do you have up your sleeve to stump us further? Superb work!

I dont know where to start some people actually being happy that this craze psychopath  force a kiss on a defenseless woman is really hard to put into  words but yeah it makes me very angry. She was assaulted plan and simple this isnt romantic or sweet its disgusting .Being is wife does not give him ANY right to forced kiss her when she obviously did not want it as well. 

LH seal his fate a longer time ago I no longer thing he will live he is too unstable now He never change he just did a good job with all the loony turn behavior to hide his nasty dark side.

Did anybody notice that Ari has the empress regnant or crown princess royal garbs on with nanny beside her. Sunny is dressed in official garbs as well. They are still trying to filler-buster Ari through it. Hopefully Yoon will awake in enough time. Gangsta Granny in the preview maybe ED's mother. 

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Another translation of the new preview.

MYR: From now on, anyone gossiping about the Empress in front of me, if you get caught by me, there will be no mercy!
LH: This is an unusual sight. (meaning something he hasn’t seen before, but audio isn’t too clear, so not 100% certain of this line)

Why are they redeeming MYR? She is having character transplant in the last few eps. Lol. Maybe meeting KJS, was a light bulb moment for her. I'll just roll with it hahaha. And Lee Elijah is soooo pretttyyy.

I thought LH said 'mix coffee'. Which is ridiculous and just plain weird :sweatingbullets:

Thank you for the trans @stroppyse.

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hmm, so LH is still cray-cray, but he's determined to hold SN until the end. Btw, the Korean non-usage of pronouns means that in that last line, while LH probably meant that she'll be his wife until SHE dies, it may be foreshadowing that she'll be his wife until HE dies. Just speculating.

I read a viewer prediction that Hyuk might die protecting either sunny or Ari (i assume Sunny, since their relation is fledged more than his with Ari), with full acknowledgment that his state of mind is deteriorating and he can't change who he is. I think i will be fine with this ending too, as much as i want Hyuk to be punished, jailed and all. I do want him to realise and acknowledge that he is cray beyond help and at least do something that is beneficial to Sunny for once. 

Or he dies a brutal death without any remorse is also possible. But i do speculate he wont live till the end.

I don't know how on earth he plans to repay her but these words are usually words of a character that will die eventually. Hua3

86PJ62.gif

@confusedheart7997 you finally watched the ep! Hehe. I say Hyuk is wired the way he is and his brain shortcircuited and he went full on cray in the latest ep. And like you, i agree that this drama is another testament of SSR's acting prowess. Not to say the other actors are not good, they might be even better than him. But he was given so much to act upon, he has the most material and he made it work. So kudos to SSR and writernim. They made me hate Hyuk at the beginning, made me root him half way through, making me conflicted as to why am i even rooting for this evil conniving piece of disgrace to humankind. Eventually I just embraced all emotions when it comes to love or hate Hyuk. He is the show to me and the most memorable character, his evil mum a close second. Hahaha. 

Trivia: TLE's writer also wrote 'Jang Bo Ri is here'...and the villain won a daesang at the 2014 MBC drama awards through viewers votes. She practically stole the show eventhough she was not the lead and was even described as "the most evil woman in the century". I havent watched the drama, i don't usually watch weekenders. Lol

Why LH cancel his shoot to Woo Bin? He is afraid, or he is really fall for Woo Bin as a dongsaeng? Or .. Woo Bin ask something that LH ever promised to him? Although Woo Bin point his gun to LH, LH choose to shot the lamp. He is broken heart to Woo Bin. 

Her mother said if LH selective to choose the people that close to him , and when we back how he save KJS and Woo Bin before. He also know how to protect his people. 

So someone that locked is Sunny, who want escape to prevent A Ri being Empress Regnant. 

The clotes make her can't use the self-defence. 

Maybe Emperor really down when A Ri became Empress Regnant. He think his life is poor.. that's why he want mix coffe from the people. Is he try to suicide again, i.e. fall when driving motorcycle alone?

Is he afraid if he is not the Emperor, then Sunny will leave him, that's why he force himself to Sunny.. 

^how if Sunny reply him^ imposible disgusting in Sunny mind, but maybe this will make LH wake up, and fight. ^I have no hope he'll be good again^. Sunny also can't help anything... in LH unstable mentality...

But I think Sunny will refuse him. Then LH broke their wedding picture, and all of his pict with Sunny. Maybe he realize or Sunny confess that she love Woo Bin. 

Sunny maybe should use her self defence toward LH when he force himself to her. Then LH will be faint, and he trow away and wake up around by people and ask mix coffe. Then he come back to the palace angry, ruin his wedding picture. 

43 minutes ago, sonequeen01 said:

This week might not be the last week. Why do I feel like they're trying to keep it a secret whether they're extending or not?

I was trying not to say it.. But I think the same.

I've a feeling they're unsure wheather to extend 1 hour or 2 .. That's why they're not saying anything.. Or something like that. 

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Shush.. @katakwasabi, don't give ideas to the writer. You never know, she might be lurking in forums to refresh her mind from nice wrap up of the story...and Boom!:star:

She may like yours!:crazy:

All endings in above would make us crave for a 2nd season. But k-dramas seldom give us second seasons! :sweatingbullets:

An ending like i listed will make me flip. I still remember the what the heck moment i had when watching Twilight. All that angst and fighting for nothing since it was all a vision hahahahaha

6 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

This week might not be the last week. Why do I feel like they're trying to keep it a secret whether they're extending or not?

Ok...i have asking at the page fb tv channel (show within 24 hours of korea) why new drama Big Issue premieres 28...after that the page fb tv channel reply my question and refer the website tv channel... i see TLE had 26 episodes a.k.a 52 episodes...this drama the end feb 22 at the tv channel...

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Ooh. Actually, I went back to listen to it again, and LH could be saying "mix coffee", meaning the instant coffee that SN had introduced him to.  So, it wouldn't be too weird, especially if he's a bit dazed or something.

Koreans will say "mix coffee" to mean the instant coffee mixes that everyone over there seems to drink.

Yep. I notice mix coffee and instant coffee is interchangable in korean dramas. 

Is it a testament that Hyuk's true love is actually coffee? Lol. Jokes aside, I'm curious how he ended up there. Where was he going? How did he get lost. Most importantly why is he out and about from the palace. Was he dumped there?

So many questions. I'm excited to see what will happen. Surprise me TLE. Surprise me as you did last week. Hahahaha

41 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Yep. I notice mix coffee and instant coffee is interchangable in korean dramas. 

Is it a testament that Hyuk's true love is actually coffee? Lol. Jokes aside, I'm curious how he ended up there. Where was he going? How did he get lost. Most importantly why is he out and about from the palace. Was he dumped there?

Maybe, he is dumped by Sunny out off the palace, when she use self-defence after Hyuk force himself toward Sunny, that's the reason she locked by ED. :sweatingbullets:

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

So many questions. I'm excited to see what will happen. Surprise me TLE. Surprise me as you did last week. Hahahaha

I've a theory just now seeing your question..

We think Wang Shik would get locked up in palace jail..At least that's what it looked like to people with no Wang Shik in the preview.

But may be..Wang Shik (may be with the help of Chief Byun) took Lee Hyuk Hostage..went outside of palace..Dumped Lee Hyuk in that village and disappeared. 

It looked like Sunny was locked in her room..Both Sunny and Wang Shik getting locked up at the same time isn't good for the story!

@uma14, 26 episodes..hopeful hopeful .. :lol:

Edit:

Yep the website I follow is showing 52 Episodes again! :joy:

https://www.koreandrama.org/the-last-empress/

Archived