[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With few hours left before we reach filnale, things getting fastened up at the palace…& getting all interesting & intense as  many things happening in single telecast…glad to see Yoon not dead  (fingers crossed hope he wakes up soon),  Bin got arrested, Dowager upto her tricks to manipulate Hyuk…DongShik kidnapped…& Finally the moment we had been waiting for Hyuk knows WooBin’s identity…& his reaction was as expected….& Hyuk is back to what he is known for being evil & ruthless, scary Pehya…His expressions were priceless…how much he had trusted Bin with his life , over everybody else…cant blame him to feel so cheated

51434286_2167542023284836_74474074580052

Though I still have doubts if he already knew about Bin-Sunny all along  & he was fooling around till now, I doubt if he got suspicious from the moment Bin had snapped at him during that blast sequence, when he had saved Sunny…Coz Dowager manipulating him got so easy for him to sway of trust over Bin….Still, I will give a benefit of doubt to Hyuk, that he was unaware but how he treated Bin after knowing truth was harsh…even when he smashed  on his head while Bin was trying to save Sunny, how Hyuk was almost choked her to death…all his cute antics to win over Sunny had gone down the drain…all his efforts got wasted, considering this is fourth time he tried to kill off Sunny… Hyuk had been so harsh & rough with Bin, he has his trust broken…Hyuk lost his precious Bin….& even on Sunny too, Pehya had been too hard on her…

I somewhere felt Bin had been impulsive in revealing he is WangShik, he shud have given a chance to Sunny to save little boy, but cant blame him considering DongShik’s life was at stake…& loves him to death… though it makes me wonder how easy it is to kidnap DongShik, he shud have been kept more safe & secured knowing things will get dangerous…DongShik shud have been send off far safe place….
But everything said & done, I loved the moment of clash, where Bin reveals himself & that priceless unbelievable expression of Emperor…ShinSungRok &  JinHyuk nailed it as performer…the whole sequence itself was so intense…& engrossing…considering its one of the defining moments in the story, & most awaited moment,  it gave goosebumps…Even their sequence was perfect in performance….when Pehya confronts him during investigation…

51791428_2167541523284886_87708211339906

Must say, there is No soft feelings & there is No limit for the cruelty of Imperial family right from Dowager to Hyuk to KangHee…they can go to any lengths to do what they want to do…
Dowager was too much framing Bin, for Yoon’s accident…though whatever she said, about Sunny, Byuk, Yoon & Bin working together was true…. I wonder how she gathered all the info….

As for Yoon’s accident, for some reason the “coma” situation seems staged for the bigger purpose…
Hope, all the victims of imperial family, whom WangShik helped will end up being useful for him at time of need, that was surely a smart move from him….
Sunny & WangShik were dealing things smartly individually …but things got worse when they came for each other’s protection…

YuRa, no matter how much she helped Sunny…still I have no sympathy towards her…but for once, her action was helpful…when she was dealing with KangHee…she tried hard to save WangShik too, but it was too late….

Sojin, that was so unexpected of her, in order to deal with Sunny, she made things worse for “her Biiinn”….he got injured because of her….

+++++
As for climax, I will still stand by my assumption of  WangShik dying 99% unless a Kdrama miracle twist saves him…Somewhere deep, I see Hyuk’s death too, considering he is psychologically loosing it all …Mentally he is not too strong to see downfall of Imperial family & he wont be able to take it, seeing power going off his hands…its gonna tough for him to have a commoner life…Thank God, I never shipped Sunny-Emperor…

Either Hyuk or WangShik have to be killed off, logically writernim cant kill off both the leads…
As for Sunny, she might have to lead single life, after everything sorts out, she will give up her Empress title & live life of a commoner… raising Princess Ari, & DongShik too (if WangShik dies)….& years later if Hyuk redeems himself & have a change of heart…Sunny might forgive him….
In some alternate universe, after growing up DongShik & Ari might fall in love with each other…

The last week of  The Last Empress, stage is set now to bring in perfect climax & punish the culprits & give happy end to the ones who deserve it… Hoping for a satisfying end & Hopefully it wont be a rushed one…& we will get a proper closure...It had been a wild ride  throughout, so don’t want writernim to mess it up in the End….I don’t mind if its extended to give a proper end.
Excited for finale week & hoping against hopes to see a happy end for “My Biiiiin”…

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

There's 4 eps left. I see no chance of Hyuk being nicer now. He was so so close. I need to suspend my belief if he does just like how I suspend my belief when NWS turned into CWB with a haircut haha. If he is not nicer, i hope he gets punished accordingly and not die before geeting punished. Writernim..don't make him kill himself. I rather Sunny stab him with her hair ornament. But that will make her a killer. So maybe she accidently stabbed him while they were struggling. So it was an act of self defense.

Though I never really see enough chance for Lee Hyuk..I still want to say this after watching episode 22.

What he should do right now is take a deep breath and think why Woobin-Sunny-Mr. Byun are doing this..If he still can't understand because he can't think straight, he could always ask Sunny for answers.

Lee Hyuk is forgetting in this crucial moment that his worst enemy is his mother. He deep down knows that he have to fight his mother to have control over everything..that's why he wanted to hold on to Min Yura who had the guts to fight ED..Who'd protect him from Mommy..It's just my opinion but he went to ED to confront her about So Hyun's death he vowed to her that he's protect Sunny.. I had a feeling that he was vowing that mostly to show defiance to ED. And Sunny also openly showed defiance to ED. So he liked her guts. 

2 hours ago, booha said:

Okay  in the preview LH said ‘Let’s talk about one thing at a time.’   So I’m thinking:  If LH freaked out and had a total meltdown  it’s because he thought he was used by Sunny and to some extent by WB.  But if he learns from Sunny that she used him in order to find the truth, not like ED who used him for her greed,  it’s possible that the revelation would bring him down to the ground and that he would see Sunny isn’t like ED?
Well this could lead LH on the long long road to redemption?^_^

However  when I saw how WB helped out all those victims who were abused by the imperial, I thought what a wonderful idea if these little, powerless people arise in mass and overthrow the imperial. Sunny, though she is an empress, doesn’t have enough power to do anything about the imperial.  
It means no redemption card for LH??^_^

His redemption is still possible only if he himself gives him a chance..ask the necessary questions.. Like @booha said he needs to see Sunny's reasoning. But it's only possible if he himself wants to believe Sunny. Right now we've seen he don't want to do that.

Woobin helping how victim of Imperial family is such a good move..Those might be coming from all those tresures from Lee Hyuk's safe. I guess we might see that public opinion helping in the downfall of Imperial family..can't wait.

I should not be expecting anything. But somehow i expect a twist next episode.

Who knows Hyuk might come to his senses a bit and actually listen to Sunny for once. He really should. But he's cray2. So i wont expect much anymore. Actually scratch that. I'm gonna stop expecting Hyuk to be nice even for a bit. Dude is out of his mind. But SSR is still awesome. I like him regardless hahahahaha

@flutterby06 the show has made it impossible for Hyuk to take a breath and think by himself. He seems to be acting on instinct, impulse and reflex with no thinking involved. Though i do agree with you that he really should be thinking about why is this weird stuff happening and why is he doing what he is doing. I wont be surprised anymore if he doesnt do that at all. Hua3. Trying keeping my hopes down low. Very very low.

Rambling on latest episode..

Woah..the episode was..good..I must say..I like it. It still keeps me wondering what's coming next.

Dy27qSFW0AALJ7e.jpg

I was really shocked at the moment when Lee Hyuk choked Sunny just after he remembers the same scenario with late So Hyun..Sunny's expression above is my expression when I was watching that scene! He's proved it countless of times that he tends to forget using his head..He never thinks, does he!

Dy3c2WWVAAEeCbp.jpg

Does he think he has the right to call Sunny or any other women his women when he's treating each of them so horribly.

DyzsPQ_VAAELjRn.jpg

It's ironic how Lee Hyuk saved Woobin from ED the other day but this episode he's the one initiating that..mocking CWb by calling him Ne Doongseng when he was the one suggested CWB to be his brother..Woah.

Well yes..He feels betrayed..But shouldn't ask the important question- WHY???

Spoiler

Dy0PQhuV4AE0itU.jpg

Dy0PWvuVYAAXFpG.jpg

I loved it when Wang Shik tought for Sunny's sake when she came to save her from Lee Hyuk's torture sell. He's always thinking how not to involve Sunny in anything that might danger her. He also rejected her wanting to save Dong Shik for the same reason, I guess. He didn't want her involved, it's already very dangerous for her. He had seen how dangerous Lee Hyuk has become when he suspects Sunny.

Spoiler

Dy3Lz-4UwAA2Nqu.jpg

Oh..Ari..baby is finally seeing the true picture. Love her acting in there.. :heart:

Spoiler

Dy3WXhpUcAEWxU1.jpg

Dy3WYAWU0AAB_HY.jpg

I've said it once..I love how catty Min Yura is with Seo kang..Just appreciating Lee Elijah's acting, I guess. 

Felt so angry when she said Wang Shik to leave Dong Shik because he's not his real brother, no one will hold him responsible..You dispicable woman..Wang Shik is not you. That's how your concious works now after killing Wang Shik's mother?The audacity!

Spoiler

Dy3JqomUwAARsWT.jpg

Anyone intersted to see what Sojin will do when she will see that her Bin is Na Wang Shik? I know I am.

After todays episode I'm a bit confused about Seo Kang Hee's motive on saving Kang Joo Seung  from ED. What's her plan with him? Tell me she's not in love with him and it's something else!

Spoiler

Dy3WYx1UUAApP4W.jpg

Dy0YBLCUcAA7S2C.jpg

Till now I don't want to see any of the character dead..Deffinitly not someone from the good side. And I also don't want the bad people to end up being dead so easily without being punished properly..be it Lee Hyuk, Min Yura, Seo Kang Hee, Empress Dowager!

But after ep 22, I think now I wouldn't mind Seo Kang Hee and Empress Dowager killing each other..I might even like it. :glasses: One sacrificing own sons for staying in power and one killing and harming everyone for getting a hold of power..how inhumane! 

When will they reaveal us who actually killed Grand Empress Dowager..The way they're saving it for the last, it might give us the biggest shock! Will it be Seo Kang Hee whom everyone is suspecting, or will it be Empress Dowager who never really got directly involved in killing anyone(good at making other people do her desired dirty work) or will it be Lee Hyuk? Anyone strongly suspecting Min yura?

Oh can't wait for the next two episodes..Still expecting nice wrap wp from the drama..The Last Empress team, FIGHTING!

Lee Hyuk... if he hate Sunny that much, why he don't trow away or divorce Sunny? He can make a plot or something to make Sunny down.

He do that when secretly ask Pil Jo to make Sunny fall in the wedding day, then trap her with Woo Bin and order to kill her, or when he ask the guard kill her if they found Sunny, and then... he wanna kill her by himself.. 

Why you just don't divorce her because she's cheatin on you, LH? if Sunny not the Empress again, maybe you'll get the power to make Sunny powerless, she lost the power as Empress and the wealth from GED. 

Why?? Just divorce her and you get your life back Lee Hyuk.

I know Sunny won't be divorced by LH, it can be your best punishment to Sunny, if you wanna think. LH totally not think when he do or decide something.

If he don't divorce her because of he know if Sunny cheatin on him, maybe its a total posession of LH toward Sunny. No one can get Sunny, if he can get her. 

Sunny just wanna know the truth.. not wanna to make LH suffer. She also defend LH from WB when Yoon attacked. WB show a little unbelievable toward what Sunny decide. OH SSU NI, SHE IS THE REAL EMPRESS AT ALL. Her character is a real empress, she just wanna everything clear, the truth.. not to ruin other life. Don't know she's revenge or what, but I don't think it a revenge.. She don't care if her live is miserable or in danger, she just wanna know the truth. 

I LOVE OH SSU NI.

48 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Rambling on latest episode..

Woah..the episode was..good..I must say..I like it. It still keeps me wondering what's coming next.

I was really shocked at the moment when Lee Hyuk choked Sunny just after he remembers the same scenario with late So Hyun..Sunny's expression above is my expression when I was watching that scene! He's proved it countless of times that he tends to forget using his head..He never thinks, does he!

Does he think he has the right to call Sunny or any other women his women when he's treating each of them so horribly.

It's ironic how Lee Hyuk saved Woobin from ED the other day but this episode he's the one initiating that..mocking CWb by calling him Ne Doongseng when he was the one suggested CWB to be his brother..Woah.

Well yes..He feels betrayed..But shouldn't ask the important question- WHY???

Hide contents

I loved it when Wang Shik tought for Sunny's sake when she came to save her from Lee Hyuk's torture sell. He's always thinking how not to involve Sunny in anything that might danger her. He also rejected her wanting to save Dong Shik for the same reason, I guess. He didn't want her involved, it's already very dangerous for her. He had seen how dangerous Lee Hyuk has become when he suspects Sunny.

Hide contents

Oh..Ari..baby is finally seeing the true picture. Love her acting in there.. :heart:

Hide contents

I've said it once..I love how catty Min Yura is with Seo kang..Just appreciating Lee Elijah's acting, I guess. 

Felt so angry when she said Wang Shik to leave Dong Shik because he's not his real brother, no one will hold him responsible..You dispicable woman..Wang Shik is not you. That's how your concious works now after killing Wang Shik's mother?The audacity!

Reveal hidden contents

Anyone intersted to see what Sojin will do when she will see that her Bin is Na Wang Shik? I know I am.

After todays episode I'm a bit confused about Seo Kang Hee's motive on saving Kang Joo Seung  from ED. What's her plan with him? Tell me she's not in love with him and it's something else!

Reveal hidden contents

Till now I don't want to see any of the character dead..Deffinitly not someone from the good side. And I also don't want the bad people to end up being dead so easily without being punished properly..be it Lee Hyuk, Min Yura, Seo Kang Hee, Empress Dowager!

But after ep 22, I think now I wouldn't mind Seo Kang Hee and Empress Dowager killing each other..I might even like it. :glasses: One sacrificing own sons for staying in power and one killing and harming everyone for getting a hold of power..how inhumane! 

When will they reaveal us who actually killed Grand Empress Dowager..The way they're saving it for the last, it might give us the biggest shock! Will it be Seo Kang Hee whom everyone is suspecting, or will it be Empress Dowager who never really got directly involved in killing anyone(good at making other people do her desired dirty work) or will it be Lee Hyuk? Anyone strongly suspecting Min yura?

Oh can't wait for the next two episodes..Still expecting nice wrap wp from the drama..The Last Empress team, FIGHTING!

Min Yu ra see calm n when KJS missing have a bit worried but for Dong shik hmmm i don't to say in this epi 22...

31 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Omo. Omo. Is KJS Ari's daddy? Plot twist! Haha. Joking. I wonder why she kept KJS too. Nanny is conniving. She must have something bad under her sleeve. If this is a redemption arc or something for nanny, imma flip! Haha

33 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Maybe ED can be stabbed by nanny with her hair ornamant. ED has so many spiky things in her hair. Snake nanny can be bitten by a snake released by ED. And both die.

35 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Maybe GED stabbed herself after eating the poisonous bento. Hehe. Jokes aside. I have no idea who stabbed GED. There are so little clues so far and the show hasnt been focusing on GED's death for a while now. She might be alive for all we know. Hiding on that island waiting to make a comeback. If they can change Empress Sohyun's body during her funeral(?) 7 years ago, imagine what they can do with GED in a world full of technology. Hua3

The writer is unpredictable so everything is possible even for last one minute.

From all bandits in this drama, I see the possibility of Min Yura redemption. And might be Hyuk at last minutes too. 

I notice Sunny always make clear whenever Woobin suspect Lee Hyuk by making confirmation like" It's not Hyuk. Well, I'm not try to defend him but I just wanna make everything clear!". Hmmmm...I don't know if she loves Woobin but she just appeared from nowhere whenever Hyuk tried to hurt Bin lol. Again, if they really love each other, at this stage, it's forbidden. At least they really care and protect one another. What a sweet sad romance we got in this drama.

I made a video of the emperor and oh sunny, hope you enjoy it.

by the way I am a fan of CWB and oh sunny but I don't think they'll become a couple. they didn't have that much emotional scenes together especially after episode 17 I guess.

About LH, I think this is a case of the actor bringing another side to the character, SSR has been so good as LH.

But the writer actually has been consistent with the way she has written him so far and his actions. Take out Sunny and replace her with MYR and wasnt he acting exactly the same with her... Declaring his love, being sweet, going against his mother all the exact same actions with Sunny. Even other characters pointed out the same thing.

That has been LH from the beginning, everything going well at first until he feels unhappy and thinks he was betrayed and he snaps. 

Now who knows maybe in the end he actually will finally come to a realization that he is at fault and responsible, but if he doesn't it wouldn't be that surprising either. 

Maybe slightly off topic. But just some fun sharing~ hehe

Yall remember this Rocky transform scene?

l5j3K5.gif

Well..apparently this was not the first time a magical haircut happened in a drama. It also happened in Return! LOL :lol:

But the magic haircut was was not comical as TLE's. It was so dark and serious. and the reason for the magic haircut was there was a change of the lead actress mid series. 

go-hyun-jung.jpg

parkjinhee-return-firststills-ist.jpg

ctto

Fyi, Return and TLE are directed by the same director and both dramas have the same crew. In fact SSR is in Return. Same goes to guy who tried to kill him in the early episodes. They were 2 out of the 4 cray2 buddies there.

It's just some of the comments that I've seen... Look I don't care if this man is emperor or not. He still hit somebody with his car.

Was it an accident? Yes. Is YR more at fault than he is? Yes.

But!

Did he check to see if she was still alive? Nope.

Did he call an ambulance or report it? Nope.

What did he do? He and YR just took her body and dumped somewhere and hid the evidence. Then orders for the son to be killed as well!

That's what he did wrong, okay? He has no right to be angry or feel hurt because he had it coming and he deserves it. He might have been neglected and deceived throughout his life but he is still responsible for his own actions, royalty or not. 

Archived