[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MissAria said:

I skipped many episodes. Who is Ari's real father?

To be honest..i don't know. Nanny says Hyuk is her dad. But nanny is a lying snake and her words should not be believed at all. They really need to do a DNA test. Hua3

6 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

But in defense of Na Wang Shik..Dong Shik was in grave danger this time becuase the royal family was directly baiting Dong Shik to lure Chun Woo Bin..

Lee Hyuk's good treatment towards Sunny never really shook me

He was selfishly trying build a nice relationship with Sunny but he never for once really appologized to Sunny for what he did to her.

Rather he appologized for what actually wasn't done by him (stealing Sunny Mothers Blood transfusion)

But the fact he was being cute and funny at crucial times were mood dampening for me

I felt frustrated when I saw many complaining in twitter saying why Sunny won't give Lee Hyuk a chance when He was trying to be good. well for starter he treated her horribly and when he decided to treat her nicely he never really appologized..when Sunny was being unwelcoming of those silly behavior he never really tried to think why she was being like that. 

Why Woo Bin won't give him a chance..Well because Lee Hyuk intended to kill Na Wang Shik numerous time infront of CWB..and he even admitted killing So Hyun in front of him saying " Why Yoon had to write that book? Sunny wouldn't have known if not for the book!" 

i was initially upset with WB for being rash but now on 2nd thought, i can understand why he did that. He was just recently chained and tortured by ED. i think the thought of a beloved child possibly undergoing such torture will drive any of us crazy.

@flutterby06, i totally agree on what u shared about LH-SN-WB. I was really frustrated and put off by his goofiness... it wasn't love. LH's "sincere heart" was more of a love&attention seeking heart, the needy "i'm being nice to you so please love me back and be nice to me" type

9 hours ago, confusedheart7997 said:

Hi everyone! Can someone please give a synopsis of the episode?

LH , my pyeha , has he turned evil again? Why oh why?:tears: He was trying to be good.  Oh K-Drama gods, why so heartless? :tears: You gave us hope when we had given up on ever liking him. It was an impossibility and now that we are invested in him with our feelings, you go  and turn the tables again. 

Although to be honest, SSR did such a fantastic job being the cruel, cold , heartless jerk!  A truly despicable man, not just as a husband or as an emperor. And just when he was showing his human side...:tears: Why? Oh why?

Trying to kill Sunny? Oh LH, why do you wish to repeat history? Your rage inadvertently became the cause of the late empress. Your rage made you kill Yu-Ra.  You had tried killing Sunny on numerous occasions previously and now this? :tears:

Please, someone give the synopsis. Be still my foolish heart, Pyeha has left us all shaken and stirred. I was wondering if LH turned and out  villain, but the reality doesn't sink easily.  Dear writer, you encouraged our feelings for LH and now we are left heartbroken.

I will not lie and say I don't want LH to end with the empress but even if he doesn't I won't mind it as long as he doesn't turn back to his cold indifferent and evil ways. Dear K-drama gods, at least grant our small request and don't make him an out and out evil man. My poor heart can't take this. :tears:

Agree. I was hoping when he got the flashback he will stop and trust Sunny and not made the same mistake. But I was wrong. He strangled her neck. Omg. But guys the thing is it's TRUE that Sunny working with NWs woobin behind his back. I think that's why the writer make him like this. Cause this time it's true sunny did really working with woobin behind his back. But still I wish he will forgive Sunny for doing that cause sunny only want to reveal the truth. I wish Sunny also will forgive him in the end. I can't believe they make him CRAZY again after showing a development to become a good emperor. He goes a long way to become nice and sweet and then just to make him crazy again in the end? What's wrong with the writer. That would be a waste of time to show a good development like that just to be crash in the end. I hope Hyuk and WB just forgive each other cause the one who truly kill his mother is actually min yura. She is the one doing it first. Hyun accidently hit her because min yura make her go there. The only thing I hope while watching this drama is for Woobin to forgive Hyuk and Hyuk apologize to him sincerely. I've been waiting for them to like each other. And Hyuk did like him. But WB shows only hate and revenge. I think I might stop watching this drama. It's just frustrating with how the story goes. Nothing goes right. ED and Seo Kang hee is the real evil in this drama I DoTN understand why they push Hyuk to be the one that is so so so so guilty in SN n WB eyes. Why can't these 3 make up and be nice to each other and bring down ED SKH. EXTENSION for this drama is useless if they keep on dragging the same thing. 

Suddenly remember, what A Ri said toward Kang Hee, she don't like KH thinking about Yoon incident. She realize something wrong with KH. She don't care anymore bout be Empress Regnant. What next, it just stop here. A child is pure, how can you being so evil infront of your child, KH?

I never even once take emperor's cuteness. It's obsession. Not love. He never felt sorry for what he has done. The problem in Hyuk actually he loves himself more than anything. That's the reason why he can be a monster when he feels betrayed. He can be so cruel to his mom whenever he think someone is really love him. See how he defense Woobin, Yura and Sunny before. His jealously is the one make himself miserable. I can't with people that still defend him. Especially knetz. 

For Woobin defense, I can understand him too. He just left Dongsik. What else he has in this world? He only has 3 month. So I think for him, now or later die doesn't matter anymore. 

Sunny is becoming smart. Maybe because she has nothing to lose so she can move more free. I guess Sunny will think 100x about making imperial down if they threaten her family. Just like Wang Sik case with Dongsik. 

I hope no more fake death. The show irritated me alreafy with too many death failed lol. 

And for good guys ( Sunny, Wang Sik, Byun, Sunny's family, Lee Yoon, Ari and Dongsik) wish them a happy ending.

For bad guys ( ED, Lee Hyuk, Kang Hee, prime minister, Yura), hopefully they will be in jailed, mental hospital or died.

Lee Hyuk was the one hit wang sik's mom till dead. Dont say it was Yura. Yes she hit her head but the fatal one was Hyuk's. What an excuse to make him a good guy? And his response after that accident was also cruel. C'mon guys, stop defending a criminal. He never tried to changed. He just tried to be good in front of Sunny. He still searching wang sik all this time to kill him. Not to apologize. He always cry cry baby begging for Sunny's love. Though he exactly know she doesn't care anout it anymore. He has power but never used to open up grandmom's death. So, what a good point from Hyuk until now? Except being cute for Sunny, I dont have any idea. 

7 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

But as many people talked in his defense..I was ready to look for a good change in him..but him acting selfishly around Sunny without thinking about other importan things made me frustrated.

I felt frustrated when I saw many complaining in twitter saying why Sunny won't give Lee Hyuk a chance when He was trying to be good. well for starter he treated her horribly and when he decided to treat her nicely he never really appologized..when Sunny was being unwelcoming of those silly behavior he never really tried to think why she was being like that. 

Why Woo Bin won't give him a chance..Well because Lee Hyuk intended to kill Na Wang Shik numerous time infront of CWB..and he even admitted killing So Hyun in front of him saying " Why Yoon had to write that book? Sunny wouldn't have known if not for the book!" 

There are numerous times Lee Hyuk lost his chance of redeeming himself infront of Sunny and Woo Bin.

Agree with you!

People keep asking to give LH a chance. A few chances have been given, but seems LH didnt feel remorseful at all. The focus of this drama is on the top people always manipulate the people at the bottom! Even LH has a bad upbringing history still he is the emperor, I just hope that one second he really has a firm stand and not influence by his surroundings (Then you are a good leader). 

Lets just finish this drama to the end..next week is final week! Lets enjoy the ride :)

Even my dissappointment on CJH - JN loveline caused it seems blurry (As my initial intention watching this drama is because of them:D)

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

To be honest..i don't know. Nanny says Hyuk is her dad. But nanny is a lying snake and her words should not be believed at all. They really need to do a DNA test. Hua3

He kissed the Nanny in one episode and he asked her if it was true that his ex-wife was seeing someone else (her bodyguard). So, did they have a history ?  

In that episode, Yu Ra came the next morning and fought her. 

What I like about Sunny-WS relationship, they never declared loudly on their feeling. Their relationship is just lingering between their inner feeling. They realised their feeling is forbidden at this stage. Their characters shows a lot of  WHAT does it mean by emotion CONTROL.

Since Sunny still an empress, this situation will not be labelled as Sunny as the culprit in LH-Sunny marriage. Writer still preserve the pride of Sunny as empress and a good side of a good woman. Compared to LH which obviously has forbidden relationships while still in marriage. 

I'm not defending his past. I just want him to repent and feel remorse and apologize! Is it that hard show. I know he's cray. Even when he was all cute with coffee and bunny ears, his past was still remembered. Even youtube recommended videos reminded me of his evil past.

This is like i'm watching Return. SSR was deliciously cray in Return. I hoped they did not go the same route in TLE. In Return, he was never redeemable. Not in the slightest. Nor was he shown to gave glimpses of humanity. He was a total psycho, a cold one. I dont mind hating villains and I usually do. 

But this show decided to show a lot of nice Hyuk scenes. You may call it just an act or obsession or whatever, but he was still nice than his old self. They made him seem humane. Made me root for him to be better or at least a little bit better. But no. Show decided to make him a total villain too. At least ED never showed cracks in her evilness. KH also never showed she cared. Hyuk cracked. He showed glimers of chances to be saved. Alas writernim made him go total cray and violent yet again.

I might be the minority here and I'm not liking this development. I was never a Sunny-Hyuk shipper, though i have to admit SSR and JN are visually attractive together be it on screen or off screen. And Hyuk could have end up nicer without jepordising the male lead-female lead conundrum.

I repeat what i typed before..i don't know what end will befall him. But even if he dies good, dies bad, stuffed in a looney bin or remain just deep rooted bad, i'll be equally heartbroken. I was so invested in his growth. And i thank SSR for his amazing portrayal of Hyuk. The writing not so much, in all honesty even though each ep had so much action, it is kinda messy, but thanks anyways writernim.

Everyone has a reason to watch a drama. I started TLE with no expectations, i just happen to see people say its so bad that its good. So i jumped in. A few eps in and i said, dannng emperor and his aid are both evil. But along the way, somehow somewhere Hyuk became the reason I watch TLE. Why is he so cray. Maybe he just needs a nice friend. I even thought why did they make him so evil in the earlier eps. If he wasnt so evil they could have made his journey to redemption easier. Hahahaha 

There's 4 eps left. I see no chance of Hyuk being nicer now. He was so so close. I need to suspend my belief if he does just like how I suspend my belief when NWS turned into CWB with a haircut haha. If he is not nicer, i hope he gets punished accordingly and not die before geeting punished. Writernim..don't make him kill himself. I rather Sunny stab him with her hair ornament. But that will make her a killer. So maybe she accidently stabbed him while they were struggling. So it was an act of self defense.

(Omg! What have TLE turned me into! Yikes!)

(No worriess..i'm still a normal human being, i don't have real life killing tendencies nor am i a psycho. In fact sane me is on the way to work lol)

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I'm not defending his past. I just want him to repent and feel remorse and apologize! Is it that hard show. I know he's cray. Even when he was all cute with coffee and bunny ears, his past was still remembered. Even youtube recommended videos reminded me of his evil past.

This is like i'm watching Return. SSR was deliciously cray in Return. I hoped they did not go the same route in TLE. In Return, he was never redeemable. Not in the slightest. Nor was he shown to gave glimpses of humanity. He was a total psycho, a cold one. I dont mind hating villains and I usually do. 

But this show decided to show a lot of nice Hyuk scenes. You may call it just an act or obsession or whatever, but he was still nice than his old self. They made him seem humane. Made me root for him to be better or at least a little bit better. But no. Show decided to make him a total villain too. At least ED never showed cracks in her evilness. KH also never showed she cared. Hyuk cracked. He showed glimers of chances to be saved. Alas writernim made him go total cray and violent yet again.

I might be the minority here and I'm not liking this development. I was never a Sunny-Hyuk shipper, though i have to admit SSR and JN are visually attractive together be it on screen or off screen. And Hyuk could have end up nicer without jepordising the male lead-female lead conundrum.

I repeat what i typed before..i don't know what end will befall him. But even if he dies good, dies bad, stuffed in a looney bin or remain just deep rooted bad, i'll be equally heartbroken. I was so invested in his growth. And i thank SSR for his amazing portrayal of Hyuk. The writing not so much, in all honesty even though each ep had so much action, it is kinda messy, but thanks anyways writernim.

Everyone has a reason to watch a drama. I started TLE with no expectations, i just happen to see people say its so bad that its good. So i jumped in. A few eps in and i said, dannng emperor and his aid are both evil. But along the way, somehow somewhere Hyuk became the reason I watch TLE. Why is he so cray. Maybe he just needs a nice friend. I even thought why did they make him so evil in the earlier eps. If he wasnt so evil they could have made his journey to redemption easier. Hahahaha 

There's 4 eps left. I see no chance of Hyuk being nicer now. He was so so close. I need to suspend my belief if he does just like how I suspend my belief when NWS turned into CWB with a haircut haha. If he is not nicer, i hope he gets punished accordingly and not die before geeting punished. Writernim..don't make him kill himself. I rather Sunny stab him with her hair ornament. But that will make her a killer. So maybe she accidently stabbed him while they were struggling. So it was an act of self defense.

(Omg! What have TLE turned me into! Yikes!)

(No worriess..i'm still a normal human being, i don't have real life killing tendencies nor am i a psycho. In fact sane me is on the way to work lol)

I am with you, mry reason for watch is to know the type the end for him... My firts interest was sunny and NWS but in the way i lost it  :P... Nara y CJH are other thing.

Well, I finally got to watch the episode with subs! It was a bit underwhelming and repetitive, but I'm glad that the story is back on track.

Spoiler

I believe many of us here have pointed out that if the writer was trying to redeem LH, she was doing a godawful job. And now that it has become clear that the writer never truly meant to redeem him, everything makes sense. She needs him as a villain because LH is one of the main bad guys and the story has been lacking ever since he became a cartoon. The writer has tried really hard to replace him (YR, KH, ED) and please the viewers, but the character was meant to be a villain all along, and she can't ignore what he's done or pretend he's a good guy just to cater to the knetz. LH has never shown any remorse for what he's done. How could he ever change when he never acknowledged his wrongdoings, to begin with? The only things he apologized for where SN-related. Other than that, he's never shown remorse for what he did to WS's mom, or WS, or any of his other victims. He's been unrepentant all along. As some other people pointed out, the biggest issue with the character is that he has a very selfish nature. The only person that matters to him is himself. Even when he knows what he's done is wrong he tries to push the blame on someone else and victimize himself. Look at the current situation: WS, SN and Byun are the real victims and he chooses to focus on their "betrayal" and puts himself in the victim role instead of acknowledging that they are entitled to their anger and rage. This is his chance to apologize, but he's decided to blame THEM instead. He did the same when he found out SH was innocent. He blamed his mother instead of himself. Ans also, based on his reaction when he saw SH while strangling SN this episode, deep down he probably blames SH for her own death. he must think she made him feel insecure and that's why he killed her. This is who LH has always been and there's no way he can be someone different without the help of a mental institution. He's not gonna change overnight because he fell in love. He needs to serve time in jail and reflect on what he's done + seek therapy. That's the only way he'll be able to put together his life and start over (far, far, far away from SN, of course). Let's make something clear, though. SN and WS have every right in the world to "betray" him. WS lost his mother and watched LH and YR gloating over how they'd been able to get away with her murder scot-free. Now he's dying because LH put a bullet in his brain as a way of erasing his crime. As for SN, she was insulted by LH in every possible way. He attempted murder against her multiple times among other terrible things. Neither SN nor WS have any reason to spare LH at all. Why should they care about him? He's been pretty awful to them. And SN choosing WS's side is logical. Why should she side with the man who tried to kill her over the man who's tried to save her at his own expense? 

I want to see how SN and WS bring down the Empire. It's obviously corrupted beyond repair, so I guess everything will be over in the finale.

"The Prince is hurt. How can you say that fate is on our side? Is there something wrong with you? Who cares about becoming a stupid Empress Regnant?"

This kid. I love her. :heart:

ANS!! I love him. Even though he's playing a corrupt police officer, I love the cameo. :star:

MYR, SKH, and ED are all pretty terrible. I want all of these characters to pay dearly for what they've done, especially YR who seems to suddenly care about Wang Shik for no good reason. They are horrible women who have harmed innocent children for their selfish motives. They deserve to burn in hell. <_<

"Get away from my woman" SN is not his woman because she doesn't want to be his anything. What she wants is what matters, not the papers. Also, when is he gonna stop treating her like a possession? He sounds like a caveman. :rolleyes:

LH was obviously trying to take WS to the mental hospital where he tortures people. He's truly inhuman. Thank gravy SN saved him from that. Too bad the ED and LH had a plan B. I'm sure WS will manage to survive somehow. I don't know how though. :confused:     

"No. You'll be in danger too because of me. I can't allow that." And this is why I love WS. He's always thinking of others before himself.  :thumbsup:

As for WS being reckless, I believe he's doing the right thing. LOL, all those guards are very incompetent. No one could stop him?  :lol: Anyways, if WS hadn't shown up, they would've killed DS and he loves the kid. It's just his instinct kicking in. He cares more about DS than himself. I'm glad DS will be able to know that WS loved him this much. His mother was awful to him and I'm glad the kid will know someone loved him and protected him all along even if his mother did not. If WS dies, it will wreck DS and that's the moment I fear the most. :tears: 

This show looks ready to wrap up next week. I don't think there will be an extension.   

Wow  I felt like our writer wanted to burn down TLE completely today.
Somehow I was given the impression that the writer was moving toward repent-redeem-forgiven and punishment for LH.  But in today’s episode she made a u-turn with LH. Yeah she showed who owned this TLE kingdom. hehe    So maybe next week the writer might flip with LH again and show him in goofy but sincere repentance.  haha   
 Okay  in the preview LH said ‘Let’s talk about one thing at a time.’   So I’m thinking:  If LH freaked out and had a total meltdown  it’s because he thought he was used by Sunny and to some extent by WB.  But if he learns from Sunny that she used him in order to find the truth, not like ED who used him for her greed,  it’s possible that the revelation would bring him down to the ground and that he would see Sunny isn’t like ED?
Well this could lead LH on the long long road to redemption?^_^

However  when I saw how WB helped out all those victims who were abused by the imperial, I thought what a wonderful idea if these little, powerless people arise in mass and overthrow the imperial. Sunny, though she is an empress, doesn’t have enough power to do anything about the imperial.  
It means no redemption card for LH??^_^

GfRVZrJ.png

https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20190208083716657

jPgKU6w.jpg

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009382529

Out of topic. I like the cinematography when woobin was running to the palace. Another one is the silhoutte when Woobin and Sunny just got out from the secret room. 

Choi Jin Hyuk is one of gorgeous species. I think he has an 'original' face. I mean no plastic surgery. His posture also match well as model. 

Sunny's sister also has pretty korean face. I like her face. And she's tall for asian lady I think.

Archived